Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 AM   #1161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127View Post
We did have a great time! Next year we're going to plan things better and stay longer, it was a long trip for just being there a couple of days and next time we definitely won't miss the exit for Rt. 19! I don't believe I did that, as many times as I've been out there, but we came from a different direction this time so it threw me off a little. I'm just sorry to have gotten there so late and missed all the shopping!

And it's 876 feet down! Here's a few pics, the stupid memory disk in the camera ran out of space, we had too many previous pics on there!

Welcome back, Kathi!!!

YIKES! WHO leaned over the edge of the bridge to take those pictures??? (from someone who is VERY bridge-phobic!) The view WAS beautiful, though!! How long of a drive was it? It took us about 3 hours (on the bikes) to get to Berkeley Springs...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 03:18 AM   #1162  
Gabfest Goddess

Great pics Kathi, Glad you had a good time. I'm with Mary no way it would have been me taking those pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 03:30 AM   #1163  
Gallery Gazer

Kathi, welcome home. It looks like you had a great time. Yikes...hope you had a zoom lense on for those pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 04:38 AM   #1164  
Pearl-ExPert

oh look, I am immortalized as Tracy's Avatar... should I be honored..or scared?!:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 05:44 AM   #1165  
Matboard Maniac

Welcome home Kathi, awesome pictures! If I had been on that bridge I'd have made the news....for passing out and falling over! The pictures make me dizzy but it's still a beautiful place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 AM   #1166  
Forum Fanatic

Received 160 Likes on 138 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458View Post
Welcome back, Kathi!!!

YIKES! WHO leaned over the edge of the bridge to take those pictures??? (from someone who is VERY bridge-phobic!) The view WAS beautiful, though!! How long of a drive was it? It took us about 3 hours (on the bikes) to get to Berkeley Springs...
Dean took the pictures because I'm too short to see all the way down from the top ledge! I had my head stuck between the top ledge and the side of the bridge so I could see them actually jumping! It took us about 6 hours, it was roughly 300 miles to the campground which was north of the bridge and then we rode about 60 miles south to the bridge. There were other campgrounds closer but none of them had the long pull-thrus that we needed to accommodate the length of the motorhome and the car trailer. It was one of the nicest campgrounds we've ever stayed in though, very scenic and laid out nicely. We are definitely going back next year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #1167  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome home! I really enjoyed our trip but I missed getting together with you guys too! Here's a couple pics of the campground:
Attached Thumbnails
Maryland...........Anyone?-im000835.jpg   Maryland...........Anyone?-im000836.jpg   Maryland...........Anyone?-im000834.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #1168  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome home! I really enjoyed our trip but I missed getting together with you guys too! Here's a couple pics of the campground:
That's a beautiful camp ground, really nice being there in the "off" season I would think! What a few to wake up too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #1169  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That DOES look like a great campgrounds! Nice and secluded and emmersed in nature! And that's some long rig you have there with the trailer! Thanks for posting your trip pics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #1170  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Oh how beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #1171  
Pearl-ExPert

Hey gang. My sister works for Kohl's and send me a Friends and Family discount worth 15% off everything (on top of current sale/Clearance items) good from Thursday the 23rd through Sunday the 26th. anybody who is interested, PM me your email address and I will pass it along.

I know it's not crafting supplies.. but we gotta have clothes, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:54 AM   #1172  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Hey gang. My sister works for Kohl's and send me a Friends and Family discount worth 15% off everything (on top of current sale/Clearance items) good from Thursday the 23rd through Sunday the 26th. anybody who is interested, PM me your email address and I will pass it along.

I know it's not crafting supplies.. but we gotta have clothes, right?
Thanks Dawnmarie, I just pmd you.:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:54 AM   #1173  
Gallery Gazer

Morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 03:17 AM   #1174  
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning Maryland! Tracy see ya later. We have homework today.....HE HE HE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #1175  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaWView Post
Tell me about it. Apparently, I have to babysit lots of people this week. Those sweet little angels, not...have been hand delivered to their teachers since I can't trust them to walk two blocks to school. Jerks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #1176  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyltrippView Post
Tell me about it. Apparently, I have to babysit lots of people this week. Those sweet little angels, not...have been hand delivered to their teachers since I can't trust them to walk two blocks to school. Jerks!
LOL! I can't wait! not
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 05:18 AM   #1177  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Have fun you guys! Sounds like you need some fun Tracy! Holy moly, did the school call and tell you the boys weren't in class all day? Well, at least go have a fun morning! I'll be off for my physical and flu shot. Yuck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #1178  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstamperView Post
Have fun you guys! Sounds like you need some fun Tracy! Holy moly, did the school call and tell you the boys weren't in class all day? Well, at least go have a fun morning! I'll be off for my physical and flu shot. Yuck.
Good Morning Rhonda! Operation Charley/Alpha/Brovo/Delta/REE REE complete.

After your flu shot look them dead in the eye and ask why they didn't give you a sucker and sticker. The look on there face is priceless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #1179  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Uh Oh, been there, done that! I feel for ya!

Listen to what happened here over the weekend: We get a call on Saturday from my grandson while we're at the bridge telling us there's a problem at home. Seems that Rusty (you know, the crazy dog) has chewed 2 huge holes in our bedroom wall and broke the screen in the window apparently trying to get out. Now mind you, the only time he does this kind of stuff is during a storm or fireworks. We asked the GS what was going on at the time and he tells us nothing, that he had just went next door to hang out with the neighbor kid. We come home and yep, two big holes in the wall, screen ripped to shreds and bottom moulding of window frame pulled away from wall. We thought that perhaps Rusty had a seizure while Alan was gone and when he came out of it went a little crazy. So, can't really get mad at the dog because we know he is already mentally challenged and besides that, we love him Now, on to yesterday: Neighbor on the other side of us sees Dean out in the yard and asks him if everything is ok at our house. WHAT????? She proceeds to tell him that Rusty went out the bedroom window, was running the neighborhood and another neighbor across the street was able to grab him, put him back through the window and shut the window. They think no one is home. Come to find out, Alan and the kid next door are shooting fireworks off in the kid's yard! Mystery solved! Needless to say, GS is now in deep doo doo! Anybody want a kid? I thought those days were over for me :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #1180  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Good Morning Rhonda! Operation Charley/Alpha/Brovo/Delta/REE REE complete.
After your flu shot look them dead in the eye and ask why they didn't give you a sucker and sticker. The look on there face is priceless!

Hmmm.... I'll have to go try to decipher this secret code!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #1181  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Listen to what happened here over the weekend: We get a call on Saturday from my grandson while we're at the bridge telling us there's a problem at home. Seems that Rusty (you know, the crazy dog) has chewed 2 huge holes in our bedroom wall and broke the screen in the window apparently trying to get out. Now mind you, the only time he does this kind of stuff is during a storm or fireworks. We asked the GS what was going on at the time and he tells us nothing, that he had just went next door to hang out with the neighbor kid. We come home and yep, two big holes in the wall, screen ripped to shreds and bottom moulding of window frame pulled away from wall. We thought that perhaps Rusty had a seizure while Alan was gone and when he came out of it went a little crazy. So, can't really get mad at the dog because we know he is already mentally challenged and besides that, we love him Now, on to yesterday: Neighbor on the other side of us sees Dean out in the yard and asks him if everything is ok at our house. WHAT????? She proceeds to tell him that Rusty went out the bedroom window, was running the neighborhood and another neighbor across the street was able to grab him, put him back through the window and shut the window. They think no one is home. Come to find out, Alan and the kid next door are shooting fireworks off in the kid's yard! Mystery solved! Needless to say, GS is now in deep doo doo! Anybody want a kid? I thought those days were over for me :(
OMG! Next time kennel both Rusty and your Grandson. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #1182  
Pearl-ExPert

I'd stick to just the kid.. the dog would be fine as long as nobody sets off fireworks....;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #1183  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Holy Moly!!!!! At least you are dealing with a teenager...mine is 7 and 10...ugh! Kids, they are all jerks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #1184  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

No still no call from the school. I notified them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #1185  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Oh my! Poor Rusty. Grandson should be tortured!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #1186  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

No still no call from the school. I notified them.
You mean with all the other stupid rules they have at that school, they don't call you if your kid is absent? Every school my son went to did that, he got caught a couple of times! That rule at least makes sense. You have to show your ID to pick up your kid (and you know they know who you are!) but they don't call if a kid is absent. That's one crazy system!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #1187  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You mean with all the other stupid rules they have at that school, they don't call you if your kid is absent? Every school my son went to did that, he got caught a couple of times! That rule at least makes sense. You have to show your ID to pick up your kid (and you know they know who you are!) but they don't call if a kid is absent. That's one crazy system!
They're supposed to! I'm an attendance secretary at an AA Co. elementary school and every school is supposed to do a 'ConnectEd' phone call for every kid that is absent every day. If the parent didn't get an automated phone call saying that they're kid was absent, then the school isn't doing their job! In regards to the showing ID...yes, even if we know the parent, we still have to ask for ID...you never know who might be watching! And now we have that new scanning system...what a pain!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #1188  
Gabfest Goddess

They should be calling. What if I child was kidnapped you wouldn't know until they didn't come home. I would have had everyone in the office in trouble or fired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #1189  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I must say, North County H.S. does a great job of notifying me if Alan is absent (which so far has been legit) and also if he is late for school! He can't get away with a thing! Years ago his mother hooked school 22 days in a row and I never got a phone call until the 22nd day! And I was driving her to school! I dropped her off at the front door, she went in and right out the back door! Needless to say I was not too happy with the school or her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #1190  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Holy Moly!!!!! At least you are dealing with a teenager...mine is 7 and 10...ugh! Kids, they are all jerks!
Wow, they certainly are starting early, aren't they? :rolleyes: LOL Here's another one for you, when my son was in preschool at our church he was suspended for a few days for unruly behavior! Imagine having your pastor's wife call you to tell you the good news! He was later diagnosed as ADHD and put on meds in first grade so he could get through school! That was a rough 12 years! No wonder I have to dye my hair to hide all the gray!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 02:23 AM   #1191  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Wow, they certainly are starting early, aren't they? :rolleyes: LOL Here's another one for you, when my son was in preschool at our church he was suspended for a few days for unruly behavior! Imagine having your pastor's wife call you to tell you the good news! He was later diagnosed as ADHD and put on meds in first grade so he could get through school! That was a rough 12 years! No wonder I have to dye my hair to hide all the gray!
LOL! At this rate I'm not going to have any hair...it's going to be all pulled out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 02:27 AM   #1192  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Still no call. Which is still weird even though it's and Elementary School, since they called me 4 days late about one of them missing school, when he was only picked up early. I guess think it's the office staff there. They are really ugly mean and don't seem to follow all the rules all of the time only when it's good for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 02:29 AM   #1193  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

They should be calling. What if I child was kidnapped you wouldn't know until they didn't come home. I would have had everyone in the office in trouble or fired.
I would have made a bigger stink in there yesterday, but there was only one lady and it wasn't either one of the two ugly mean ones. So I was a little tame compared to last time I went off in the office making a scene from heck.:twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 AM   #1194  
Gallery Gazer

Well, I'm thinking of ways to stress these bad boys. So far I am hand delivering them to class until further notice, I shaved their heads last night, they had to stay at the kitchen table and study or read all day until dinner. Then they had to go back to studing or read or go to bed. Now what? I think today, I'm going to walk them into classes wearing my pjs...think that will embarrass them any?

Last edited by tracyltripp; 10-22-2008 at 02:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 02:56 AM   #1195  
Gallery Gazer

Need to run and get ribbon today...ran out. Yes, that is right...I have 65 completed and 8 more to do and the ribbon is gone. I'm ahead of the schedule I made for myself...no stamping until wedding favors are done. So trying to get them done today! I want to stamp...need to stamp...must stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 03:42 AM   #1196  
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning ya'll. Rhonda and I are having lunch on Friday anyone wanna join us?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 04:14 AM   #1197  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Good Morning ya'll. Rhonda and I are having lunch on Friday anyone wanna join us?
I should be able to go. Where are you all going?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 04:17 AM   #1198  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I should be able to go. Where are you all going?
I'll call ya' in just a min.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 04:34 AM   #1199  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

I'll call ya' in just a min.
oooooooh is it a mission impossible moment.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2008, 05:24 AM   #1200  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I would have made a bigger stink in there yesterday, but there was only one lady and it wasn't either one of the two ugly mean ones. So I was a little tame compared to last time I went off in the office making a scene from heck.:twisted:
I think you should just by-pass those ugly critters and go to the superintendent or whoever is higher up in that system. I was thinking about the kidnapping thing too. That's not acceptable. Kids are going to do stupid stuff and they don't think of what the outcome could be. The staff at that school are jerks. Write a letter to the Commander, that should get someone's attention.
Reply With Quote Likes