Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Maryland...........Anyone? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/maryland-anyone-314382/)

AmandaW 01-11-2008 08:17 AM

Maryland...........Anyone?
 
I moved to MD over the summer and would love to join a fun Stamp Camp or Crop! Anyone in my area? Ft Meade????

Cathleen7 01-11-2008 05:10 PM

Hi Amanda - I live in Westminster, but work at Ft. Meade :) I'm tentatively planning to hold a card camp in late February and a Shoebox Swap in April. Both would be at my church in Reisterstown - I'm just waiting to confirm the dates. I'll be sure to let you know about both. Look forward to stamping with you! Cathy

buzybasket 01-13-2008 02:43 PM

Maryland ... Anyone?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 8309546)
I moved to MD over the summer and would love to join a fun Stamp Camp or Crop! Anyone in my area? Ft Meade????


Hi Amanda,
If you are a SU Demo - there's a group of who meet periodically. We call ourselves the "DC Area Demos". We are a group of "orphan" demos whose uplines live elsewhere in the country. Let me know if you are interested.

clmcdm1996 01-13-2008 05:09 PM

Amanda,
Her is a link to a shoebox swap in Northern Virginia in February if you are interested.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=313022

angie1224 02-10-2008 10:12 AM

Hey Amanda I am in Howard Co. Maryland, not too far from Ft Meade!

AFarias 02-16-2008 11:17 AM

Amanda,

I'm here in Odenton. Where are you? Are you close by?

Agnes

EmGee458 02-17-2008 05:46 PM

I'm in Pasadena near Glen Burnie. I wish there were some shoebox swaps in this area...I don't really want to travel north or down toward DC for one.

CindyL 02-18-2008 03:58 AM

I'm in Baltimore and have 3-4 shoebox swaps a year up this way. Guess it's about 30 minutes from your area.

Mom22Wills 03-04-2008 04:09 PM

Another Marylander Here!
 
I'm Jenn and I live in Elkridge and would love to find others to stamp or scrap with!:)

AmandaW 03-04-2008 04:13 PM

Is Elkridge anywhere near Ft. Meade? I've finally have a small group that gets together at my home. Your welcome to join us.

texasjodylynn 03-04-2008 04:17 PM

I just sent my pal, Tracy a link to this thread. She will be moving to MD in June. I *think* she is going to Ft. Meade. her hubby is in the Army. It would be awesome for her to have some ladies waiting to welcome her so she can get right to stamping. :)

AmandaW 03-04-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynn (Post 9024543)
I just sent my pal, Tracy a link to this thread. She will be moving to MD in June. I *think* she is going to Ft. Meade. her hubby is in the Army. It would be awesome for her to have some ladies waiting to welcome her so she can get right to stamping. :)

Awesome! Tell her to PM me if she is coming to Ft. Meade. I have lots of info on different crops and stamp camps that the USO offers on post. There lots of fun.

texasjodylynn 03-04-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 9024590)
Awesome! Tell her to PM me if she is coming to Ft. Meade. I have lots of info on different crops and stamp camps that the USO offers on post. There lots of fun.

Thank you so much! :) I am going to call her in a bit and let her know to check her e-mail and check out this thread. I am sad she is leaving. :) You all will be lucky to have her! :)

Cathleen7 03-04-2008 05:30 PM

Hi Amanda - I work at Fort Meade, live in Westminster, and am hosting a Stampin' Up! Shoebox Card Swap in Reisterstown on Saturday, 19 April. On a Saturday morning, it'd be about a 35 minute ride tops for you. Let me know if you're interested, or check out my post about the Third Reisterstown, MD Shoebox Card Swap. Hope you can join us! Cathy

tracyltripp 03-06-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 9024590)
Awesome! Tell her to PM me if she is coming to Ft. Meade. I have lots of info on different crops and stamp camps that the USO offers on post. There lots of fun.

Hi Amanda,

I am coming to Ft Meade in June 2008. My DH will be leaving in March to get on the housing list ahead of time, so hopefully we will have housing by the time the kids and I are ready to leave El Paso. I will be sure to pm you once I get there. I'm looking forward to meeting all you Maryland stampers!

hugs,
Tracy

Mrsjvb 03-06-2008 12:42 PM

another Ft Meade-ite here.. But Navy, not Army. Just bought a townhouse in Pasadena.

however in no way whatsoever am I even remotely qualified to particulate in a shoe box swap.. and being 'mobility impaired' I cannot drive either.

Is it Kosher to say I am looking for a local SU! demo to buy stuff from? My current one is a ways away and no longer is as active as she used to be.

AmandaW 03-06-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 9051247)
another Ft Meade-ite here.. But Navy, not Army. Just bought a townhouse in Pasadena.

however in no way whatsoever am I even remotely qualified to particulate in a shoe box swap.. and being 'mobility impaired' I cannot drive either.

Is it Kosher to say I am looking for a local SU! demo to buy stuff from? My current one is a ways away and no longer is as active as she used to be.

Hey just PM ya'!

Mrsjvb 03-07-2008 05:20 AM

got it and I will be in touch as soon as the tax return hits!

AmandaW 03-07-2008 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 9060124)
got it and I will be in touch as soon as the tax return hits!

LOL! Great look forward to hearing from you.

MelenaPrincess 03-07-2008 06:18 AM

Hi! I just moved FROM Ft Meade last June and am now in Westminster, but my DH still drives to base daily (when he is in town.) We spent nearly 10 years on base so I know the area quite well. I do have to say that I never knew of the USO doing anything though :( Especially not anything that was stamp related. I guess I was out of that loop.

AmandaW 03-07-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 9060859)
Hi! I just moved FROM Ft Meade last June and am now in Westminster, but my DH still drives to base daily (when he is in town.) We spent nearly 10 years on base so I know the area quite well. I do have to say that I never knew of the USO doing anything though :( Especially not anything that was stamp related. I guess I was out of that loop.

It's kinda cool really they have a crop, a stamp class, and a recipe swap, and a crop all night. I have only made it a few times but they are great! If you want the info I can send it to you.

MelenaPrincess 03-07-2008 06:44 AM

Thanks Amanda...not sure if I could make it or not since we are an hour away now, but I do have some friends who may be interested who I am sure have no clue about it either.

heart 03-09-2008 01:38 PM

THere is a great gathering here:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=328900

AmandaW 03-10-2008 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelenaPrincess (Post 9061201)
Thanks Amanda...not sure if I could make it or not since we are an hour away now, but I do have some friends who may be interested who I am sure have no clue about it either.

Just PM ya with the current USO events.

Cathleen7 03-11-2008 09:55 AM

Reisterstown Shoebox Swap on 19 April
 
Michelle - thanks for the plug in post #23! I need to learn how to add my thread link to my on-line postings :) Ladies, if you'd like to join us at my SU Shoebox Swap on Saturday, 19 April in Reisterstown, please jump to my thread under the Get It Together forum and sign up. Would love to meet you, and can promise you a day of fun, food, and fine people! And if you want to know where Reisterstown is, give me a shout - it's not too far away! Cathy

Scrapkathy 03-15-2008 10:52 AM

I'm in Laurel...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaW (Post 8309546)
I moved to MD over the summer and would love to join a fun Stamp Camp or Crop! Anyone in my area? Ft Meade????

Hi Amanda,

I'm in Laurel, not far from Ft. Meade. I am looking into places to have crops and shoebox swaps in the Laurel Area. I will email the thread when I have some answers from the places I have contacted.

I have been attending the Baltimore shoebox swaps hosted by Cindy (CindyL) and they are awesome. We usually carpool up there and it is usually about 30/45 minutes depending on traffic. Well worth the trip.

Inky Hugs,

Kathy
Laurel, MD
www.kathywinland.stampinup.net

AmandaW 03-15-2008 12:45 PM

Hi Kathy,

I'm in Laurel once or twice a week. Thanks for the info! Or soon to be info!

Amanda

EmGee458 03-17-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 9051247)
another Ft Meade-ite here.. But Navy, not Army. Just bought a townhouse in Pasadena.

however in no way whatsoever am I even remotely qualified to particulate in a shoe box swap.. and being 'mobility impaired' I cannot drive either.

Is it Kosher to say I am looking for a local SU! demo to buy stuff from? My current one is a ways away and no longer is as active as she used to be.

Hi, neighbor! I'm in Pasadena, too! Where abouts are you? I'm off Mountain Road not far from Pastore's.

Mrsjvb 03-18-2008 04:30 AM

off Hogg Neck right after it changes from Magothy Bridge..a mile from the 100. Don't Know Pastore's but the Brass Rail is within staggering distance.. and someday we plan on doing just that hehehehh

angie1224 03-18-2008 11:16 AM

Look forward to details about any goings on in Laurel area I am about 20 minutes give or take from Laurel and my mom lives there and she is a stamper too!

EmGee458 03-18-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 9190590)
off Hogg Neck right after it changes from Magothy Bridge..a mile from the 100. Don't Know Pastore's but the Brass Rail is within staggering distance.. and someday we plan on doing just that hehehehh

Well, you're REAL close to me! I'm right off Mountain Road across from Pizza Hut. I work at Jacobsville Elementary School. You must be in those big townhouses right before you get to Ft. Smallwood Road. (Pastore's is an Italian Deli right at the intersection of Hog Neck and Mountain Road- there's an All Things Country store in the same shopping center...)

Mrsjvb 03-20-2008 12:06 PM

yeap that's us..

How is the capicola at Pastore's? (Sicilan Maternal Grandmother spoiled me)

The hubby won't pull into the shopping center with the country store though.. the big wuss.....

I am about to start a new round of meds, so if they work I may actually be able to walk occasionally..Might actually go up there on my own without him heheheheh

heart 03-20-2008 12:28 PM

Please keep me in the loop!
I'll drive to Laurel!
Michelle








Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapkathy (Post 9161565)
Hi Amanda,

I'm in Laurel, not far from Ft. Meade. I am looking into places to have crops and shoebox swaps in the Laurel Area. I will email the thread when I have some answers from the places I have contacted.

I have been attending the Baltimore shoebox swaps hosted by Cindy (CindyL) and they are awesome. We usually carpool up there and it is usually about 30/45 minutes depending on traffic. Well worth the trip.

Inky Hugs,

Kathy
Laurel, MD
www.kathywinland.stampinup.net


EmGee458 03-20-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrsjvb (Post 9221870)
yeap that's us..

How is the capicola at Pastore's? (Sicilan Maternal Grandmother spoiled me)

The hubby won't pull into the shopping center with the country store though.. the big wuss.....

I am about to start a new round of meds, so if they work I may actually be able to walk occasionally..Might actually go up there on my own without him heheheheh

Can't say how the capicola is from there- I've never had it.

Oh, you HAVE to go to All Things Country! GREAT store!!

hnbmoore 03-20-2008 03:28 PM

hi ladies,
I am right here in Pasadena as well. right off of Mansion House Xing (across from Lightning Jacks) I would love to get together with you all and stamp some time. are either of you demos? I am.
You are welcome to come over and stamp anytime. I just had stamp club last weekend but I am always up for stamping. did you see the thread on our shoe box swap on April 5th in Gambrills.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=332240

EmGee458 03-20-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hnbmoore (Post 9224337)
hi ladies,
I am right here in Pasadena as well. right off of Mansion House Xing (across from Lightning Jacks) I would love to get together with you all and stamp some time. are either of you demos? I am.
You are welcome to come over and stamp anytime. I just had stamp club last weekend but I am always up for stamping. did you see the thread on our shoe box swap on April 5th in Gambrills.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=332240

Well, I could almost walk to your house!! ;) No, I'm not a demo- just a VERY good SU customer!

I'm familiar with Gambrills- I graduated from Arundel (go Wildcats!). I'd love to come to your shoebox swap, but unfortunately, that's my birthday weekend and we already have plans, so I won't be able to. Maybe next time! Good luck, though! I hope you have a great turn-out. Afterwards can you post the cards in your gallery?? I'd like to see what I missed!!

Scrapkathy 03-20-2008 06:38 PM

Hi Mary and Happy Birthday from another Aries. My Birthday is the 17th.

Have A STAMPendous Birthday!!!!

Inky Hugs,

Kathy

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmGee458 (Post 9225524)
Well, I could almost walk to your house!! ;) No, I'm not a demo- just a VERY good SU customer!

I'm familiar with Gambrills- I graduated from Arundel (go Wildcats!). I'd love to come to your shoebox swap, but unfortunately, that's my birthday weekend and we already have plans, so I won't be able to. Maybe next time! Good luck, though! I hope you have a great turn-out. Afterwards can you post the cards in your gallery?? I'd like to see what I missed!!


EmGee458 03-21-2008 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapkathy (Post 9227185)
Hi Mary and Happy Birthday from another Aries. My Birthday is the 17th.

Have A STAMPendous Birthday!!!!

Inky Hugs,

Kathy

Thanks, Kathy! And happy early-birthday to you, too! :)

hnbmoore 03-23-2008 05:12 AM

I will be sure to post the cards/projects. I will keep you posted on the next one. If this is a success we plan on having them every quarter or so. It looks to be coming along great. I have 27 ladies signed up so far. I am so excited. Happy early birthday Mary and Kathy!!

tracyltripp 03-23-2008 07:15 PM

I'm so jealous, I can't wait to get to Ft Meade in June so I can stamp the day away with you all.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:28 AM.