Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Central NYers Can't Stamp Together Enough! - 5/2/09 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/central-nyers-cant-stamp-together-enough-5-2-09-a-421179/)

TeeGeeDee 06-21-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conductorchik (Post 14430179)
This weekend, DH and I made an offer on a house and the sellers accepted it without even counteroffering!!! WOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

Inspection is Tuesday, and if everything goes smoothly, we will be closed before the end of July...........just in time for me to leave for convention. I plan on being packed and ready before convention, and have the kids and DH live out of the suitcases for a week. I can dream that he would move us while we are away, but....I'll keep dreaming :D

Here's a link to the house..it's in Endwell. Who would have thought I'd end up back where I grew up??? :D

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The house is very nice (bright kitchen, spacious rooms and a good flow).

The can call suitcase living "indoor camping" and have a blast! Maybe they can paint while you're at convention?

arlenevita 06-21-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

This weekend, DH and I made an offer on a house and the sellers accepted it without even counteroffering!!! WOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

Inspection is Tuesday, and if everything goes smoothly, we will be closed before the end of July...........just in time for me to leave for convention. I plan on being packed and ready before convention, and have the kids and DH live out of the suitcases for a week. I can dream that he would move us while we are away, but....I'll keep dreaming :D

Here's a link to the house..it's in Endwell. Who would have thought I'd end up back where I grew up??? :D

Congrats!! :mrgreen: Hope it all goes smoothly for a quick closing! You'll be very busy this summer!

hlw966 06-22-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 14430148)
Do you hose down before you go in the house or do you just get the in shower fully clothed and wash your clothes while washing you?? :rolleyes:

Cleaning is a multi-step process. First, I have to clean with water and towels at the car, or my skin will be stained for days. Once home, I have to hose EVERYTHING in the yard before I can go into the house. Then sopping wet clothes immediately into the washer while I head for the shower.

I saw pics of the guy racers - believe it or not, they were way dirtier than me! I had more mud UNDER my shorts than I care to say. And I did find dirt in my teeth. I got 2nd in my class, and I beat the girl who beat me a few races back, so we are tied for series points now. Thankful for that!

hlw966 06-22-2009 02:24 AM

Quote:

Congrats, Kris!! You'll have plenty of time for your swaps with no distractions, huh? :rolleyes:

Which room is the stampin' room?

conductorchik 06-22-2009 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlw966 (Post 14431599)
Congrats, Kris!! You'll have plenty of time for your swaps with no distractions, huh? :rolleyes:

Which room is the stampin' room?

It all is!!! :D

No - there's 4 bedrooms and we are putting it in the fourth with the day bed in case we have a guest.

Judy K 06-22-2009 04:15 AM

Great neighborhood Kris, and I like the house..especially the deck/porch and backyard. But aren't you going to miss the multiple hour long commutes into "town" and home again every day or evening? I'm really happy for you!

Quote:

conductorchik 06-22-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy K (Post 14431905)
Great neighborhood Kris, and I like the house..especially the deck/porch and backyard. But aren't you going to miss the multiple hour long commutes into "town" and home again every day or evening? I'm really happy for you!

Maybe I'll just do it for fun now and then.

snowcountry311 06-22-2009 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=conductorchik;14430179]This weekend, DH and I made an offer on a house and the sellers accepted it without even counteroffering!!! WOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

Inspection is Tuesday, and if everything goes smoothly, we will be closed before the end of July...........just in time for me to leave for convention. I plan on being packed and ready before convention, and have the kids and DH live out of the suitcases for a week. I can dream that he would move us while we are away, but....I'll keep dreaming
it's in Endwell.

Who would have thought I'd end up back where I grew up???
ME!
isn't that that school you wanted to move your children to?
now for the important stuff? is it closer to us your faux friends?

snowcountry311 06-22-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conductorchik (Post 14431856)
It all is!!! :D

No - there's 4 bedrooms and we are putting it in the fourth with the day bed in case we have a guest.

or you need to nap!

snowcountry311 06-22-2009 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlw966 (Post 14431595)
Cleaning is a multi-step process. First, I have to clean with water and towels at the car, or my skin will be stained for days. Once home, I have to hose EVERYTHING in the yard before I can go into the house. Then sopping wet clothes immediately into the washer while I head for the shower.

I saw pics of the guy racers - believe it or not, they were way dirtier than me! I had more mud UNDER my shorts than I care to say. And I did find dirt in my teeth. I got 2nd in my class, and I beat the girl who beat me a few races back, so we are tied for series points now. Thankful for that!

sounds like cleaning is as long as race time!
congrats! on the 2nd place

tillyhead 06-22-2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlw966 (Post 14428993)
Well, I guess not. I treat my bike to whatever Mother Nature dishes out. I snagged some pics from today's race (the last 4 pics). Beware - they are messy!

oh boy, does that look like fun:rolleyes::mrgreen:

tillyhead 06-22-2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Congrats Kris! Looks lovely:cool:

tillyhead 06-22-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 14430223)
Craftyland now has it's paper almost organized and {gasp} the paper holders labeled...Bold Brights, Tropical, Polka Dot, Stripes, DeNami, Patterns, Love-Hearts, etc., etc., etc.! But I still can't see the floor!! LOL!

I have SU! wood mounts and clamshell boxes for sale...anyone interested??

As someone who has a clue how much paper you have, i can say that having the paper organized is a BIG deal! Good job:p

MissyMouse 06-22-2009 07:42 AM

Congrats!!! Kris:

Enjoy your space...

Melissa

kmk24 06-22-2009 07:56 AM

Kris - I had no clue that you were moving! You are going to be right up the road from my sister on Frazier Dr. Nice neighborhood. Betty2dogs is a reading teacher at the elementary school. Can you say HOUSE WARMING PARTAY!!

musesmom 06-22-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Good for you Kris! Are you still teaching in Whitney Point? How far a drive will that be? You will be closer to EPAC...your home away from home!;)

conductorchik 06-22-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmk24 (Post 14433325)
Kris - I had no clue that you were moving! You are going to be right up the road from my sister on Frazier Dr. Nice neighborhood. Betty2dogs is a reading teacher at the elementary school. Can you say HOUSE WARMING PARTAY!!

Get this.....SHE WAS MY DAUGHTER'S READING TEACHER this year and I never knew it. I just never put 2 and 2 together until my mom said that she met someone I stamp with at the end of the year party. GO FIG!

conductorchik 06-22-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musesmom (Post 14434099)
Good for you Kris! Are you still teaching in Whitney Point? How far a drive will that be? You will be closer to EPAC...your home away from home!;)

Yes, still teaching at Whitney Point.....the highway is close, so it will be about 20-25 minutes, but once I'm back in town, I'm back in town and will rarely have to go back.

conductorchik 06-22-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmk24 (Post 14433325)

You don't have to ask twice to party when it comes to me :D

We've been looking casually for awhile, but we needed to light the fire so that we can be in before fall.

diane617 06-22-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

when's the first party? looks pretty

conductorchik 06-22-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diane617 (Post 14437313)
when's the first party? looks pretty

You're always looking for a reason to party, aren't you?? :-)

The sellers have signed the contract, we have the inspection tomorrow at 4 and meeting with the mortgage broker at 6. Keep your fingers crossed that we are moved and closed by the end of July or at the very least - before school begins.

lindylou1220 06-23-2009 02:24 AM

fantastic news, kris

does this mean you won't be living in the armpit of the state any more?

arlenevita 06-23-2009 03:24 AM

Good morning, LindyLou! How are you feeling this morning??

lindylou1220 06-23-2009 04:10 AM

little better each day

conductorchik 06-23-2009 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220 (Post 14440275)
little better each day

Glad to hear you are feeling better every day, and glad to see you lurking here :-)

Correct, I will no long be in the armpit of Broome County. :-)
I'll be in All's Well that End(s)well.

snowcountry311 06-23-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220 (Post 14440275)
little better each day

hi linda!

snowcountry311 06-23-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conductorchik (Post 14440335)
Glad to hear you are feeling better every day, and glad to see you lurking here :-)

Correct, I will no long be in the armpit of Broome County. :-)
I'll be in All's Well that End(s)well.

what county is that in?:p

snowcountry311 06-23-2009 06:31 AM

plus is is closer to family-right?

thelonedaisy 06-23-2009 06:40 AM

hi all

thelonedaisy 06-23-2009 06:41 AM

did i just miss you gayla???

conductorchik 06-23-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 14441388)
what county is that in?:p

Still in Broome County...just right "in town".
About 3 minutes from my parents....they are less than a mile away.

cookiestamper 06-23-2009 10:16 AM

Good to hear you are slowly feeling better, Linda!

And wow..Kris...that is exciting! The house looks great!

Kewl Kat 06-23-2009 06:34 PM

Wonderful new house Kris... nothing like starting new. Hopefully everything went well today and they were no real suprizes. Have you started to box up yet??? What a job.

Kewl Kat 06-23-2009 06:39 PM

Notice the new bi-line... they have been bugging me to do the gathering at the convention in August and I finally got everything together. DH and I run the Penn. Black Powder Shooting Matches. This weekend is the big state match, we leave on Thursday till Sunday. I'll be stamping with the wives and keeping scores for the guys.
Linda, Glad to hear your feeling a little better everyday. Do you need some card kits to keep you busy?

arlenevita 06-23-2009 07:37 PM

Happy Birthday, Jenn!!!! Hope you had a good one!!! :mrgreen:

snowcountry311 06-23-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 14447866)
Happy Birthday, Jenn!!!! Hope you had a good one!!! :mrgreen:

ditto from me!

snowcountry311 06-23-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kewl Kat (Post 14447455)
Notice the new bi-line... they have been bugging me to do the gathering at the convention in August and I finally got everything together. DH and I run the Penn. Black Powder Shooting Matches. This weekend is the big state match, we leave on Thursday till Sunday. I'll be stamping with the wives and keeping scores for the guys.
Linda, Glad to hear your feeling a little better everyday. Do you need some card kits to keep you busy?

becky where is hamburg ?

Kewl Kat 06-23-2009 07:47 PM

Short distance from the stamp store only in the other direction.

Kewl Kat 06-23-2009 07:48 PM

I'm gonna stay the whole weekend and have a P.J. party somewhere in the hotel Saturday night. Wanta come. I'm checking out the hotel next week.

Kewl Kat 06-23-2009 07:49 PM

I want to bargin with the hotel manager for some good prices.