Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Central NYers Can't Stamp Together Enough! - 5/2/09 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/central-nyers-cant-stamp-together-enough-5-2-09-a-421179/)

tillyhead 08-31-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 15024585)
what's the special?

DAMN! I knew someone would ask:( I think it's with a $400 party, get ANY item from the mini (excluding the software) for $10. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

snowcountry311 08-31-2009 09:54 PM

i have heard that
and i have a 400 order

lindylou1220 09-01-2009 01:50 AM

Actually, it's a $250 workshop order!

lindylou1220 09-01-2009 01:52 AM

Oh, and the hostess special is September thru November. And, at the $400 level, you can get the software at half price!!! It's coming out 10/1 (9/1 for demos).

TeeGeeDee 09-01-2009 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbaker (Post 15024076)
Hey everyone ..... where's my best bet at buying sizzix dies cheaply?? online??

No clue but my BFF recently shopped around for the new bigger Cricut (Expression?) and found the best deal at www.hallmarkscrapbook.com (I know it's Hallmark but I'm not sure if it's scrapbook or scrapbooking) so it might be worth a look.

tillyhead 09-01-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220 (Post 15026100)
Oh, and the hostess special is September thru November. And, at the $400 level, you can get the software at half price!!! It's coming out 10/1 (9/1 for demos).

thanks;) Can the demos get the hostess special on a pre-order item?

lindylou1220 09-01-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyhead (Post 15029504)
thanks;) Can the demos get the hostess special on a pre-order item?

I'd have to say "no" since a demo order isn't a workshop order and you have to have a workshop order to get the special pricing. Clear as mud?

lindylou1220 09-01-2009 11:10 AM

BTW, all of us who are demos should be sure to visit the SU! website soon. There are changes made in our agreement with SU! and a new IDA must be signed by the end of the month.

TeeGeeDee 09-01-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220 (Post 15030263)
BTW, all of us who are demos should be sure to visit the SU! website soon. There are changes made in our agreement with SU! and a new IDA must be signed by the end of the month.

For a discussion on the non-demo side you can go here:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=456638

snowcountry311 09-01-2009 02:11 PM

just read through that one and the one on the demo side

tillyhead 09-01-2009 02:38 PM

Not to sound "exclusive" but why is it being discussed on the non-demo side? I personally think it's ridiculous and controlling, but I don't have time to fret over it now...

snowcountry311 09-01-2009 03:00 PM

there is always someone (demo) who starts everything there also.

arlenevita 09-01-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbaker (Post 15024076)
Hey everyone ..... where's my best bet at buying sizzix dies cheaply?? online??

I should know the answer to that question! LOL! I'll have to think about it/dig out invoices...

Meanwhile try:
www.scrapyland.com
or
ritzcamera.com

diane617 09-01-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyhead (Post 15031816)
Not to sound "exclusive" but why is it being discussed on the non-demo side? I personally think it's ridiculous and controlling, but I don't have time to fret over it now...

Hey why can't we know about it????

I have to say I have wondered how demos can be on design teams for other companies.

I always knew I couldn't be a demo, because I like lots of things from different sources. Technically you can't post a card that uses nesties, can you? (If you are a demo)

tillyhead 09-01-2009 04:59 PM

I don't know all the in's and outs yet, but why does the whole "general public" need to be in on the debate while it is so fresh and hot. It doesn't affect non demos.

I've wondered the same about demos being on design teams for others - that doesn't make alot of sense to me. But in so far as them (SU) telling me I can't ever use (or enjoy) another's product - that's pushing it a bit far to me. Like I said, I haven't really had time to even decide how/if it's going to affect me and what I'll do about it...

but can a pampered chef demo only use PC tools or can she use a dollar store spoon to cook dinner for her family?
can a tastefully simple demo only eat tastefully simple products?
can a manager at McDonald's EVER indulge in a Whopper?
Why should it be accepted that a SU demo can use ONLY SU product?

njbaker 09-01-2009 04:59 PM

Really?? I better read up!!!

lindylou1220 09-01-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyhead (Post 15033143)
I don't know all the in's and outs yet, but why does the whole "general public" need to be in on the debate while it is so fresh and hot. It doesn't affect non demos.

I've wondered the same about demos being on design teams for others - that doesn't make alot of sense to me. But in so far as them (SU) telling me I can't ever use (or enjoy) another's product - that's pushing it a bit far to me. Like I said, I haven't really had time to even decide how/if it's going to affect me and what I'll do about it...

but can a pampered chef demo only use PC tools or can she use a dollar store spoon to cook dinner for her family?
can a tastefully simple demo only eat tastefully simple products?
can a manager at McDonald's EVER indulge in a Whopper?
Why should it be accepted that a SU demo can use ONLY SU product?

That's not quite the flavor as I read the info, Michele. We just can't send people to the place to purchase the non-SU! product.

ITA that it shouldn't affect anyone who isn't a demo.

hlw966 09-01-2009 05:39 PM

But a demo won't be able to post a link to buy Sizzix dies cheaply online! LOL
I am just stewing on the info for a while, to sort out all the ways it will affect us... like our discussions here...

njbaker 09-01-2009 06:02 PM

I think it WILL affect how we chat here........

Kelly65 09-02-2009 10:07 AM

I'm letting it sit for a while. I think it's (the discussion) out of control myself. I never wanted to be on a DT for any other company or send my customers in a different direction to purchase their stampin' stuff, they do that on their own anyway. I do understand the logic behind the decision, just not the extent. Evidently there will be something more coming out to clarify.

njbaker 09-02-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbaker (Post 15033918)
I think it WILL affect how we chat here........

So I guess my paper expertise will be wasted now HUH??

tillyhead 09-02-2009 06:13 PM

only in the electronic world... Appartently we are still allowed to talk "face to face" about anything we want:rolleyes:;)

Not saying that I don't understand where they are coming from (I actually even think I agree), it all just seems pretty severe.

arlenevita 09-02-2009 07:17 PM

Wow! It's sad if we can't send each other links to fun stuff from all companies, talk about fun stuff from other companies, can't do group buys from other companies, etc., etc. etc. here on SCS or in emails!!

TeeGeeDee 09-02-2009 07:56 PM

On the bright side, if the SU! changes do turn out to limit our discussions maybe it will help the Post Office as we might send each other more snail mail ;)

arlenevita 09-03-2009 04:45 PM

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!

:mrgreen: The Stampin' for Soldiers Holiday Cards mass production gathering is:

Saturday, October 3 from 11 to 3
St. Mary�s Nativity Church
1175 State Route 26
West Leyden, NY 13489

Cardstock will be supplied, cut, and scored ("Nancy burgundy" may make an appearance!) and stamps, ink, and embellishments will be available. Please bring your own tools and adhesive. We will put together several styles of pre-designed cards in an assembly line manner so we can get as many cards made as possible.

Please come to help us put together lots of Christmas and holiday cards for the troops to send home to their families!! There is no fee for Stampin' for Soldiers but donations will be accepted to offset the cost of supplies and shipping to From Our Hearts (Sandee's mom's non-profit organization). Please let me know who can attend so I can tell Sandee how many people to expect. TIA!!!!