Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   Central NYers Can't Stamp Together Enough! - 5/2/09 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/central-nyers-cant-stamp-together-enough-5-2-09-a-421179/)

arlenevita 03-06-2009 05:46 PM

Hi! Just got home from "Slumdog Millionare"...no wonder it won Best Picture!

I'll be at the Thruway at 11 a.m. I can eat a late breakfast so mid afternoon meal is fine.

arlenevita 03-06-2009 05:47 PM

Linda and Renee went to HL today and said stamps are 50% off!! I will print out more coupons...I have 4 already...so we should be covered for tomorrow.

arlenevita 03-06-2009 05:49 PM

Are there a couple of stamp stores on Rt. 31 near HL? Sounds like it from what Linda S. emailed to me.

arlenevita 03-06-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyhead (Post 13341509)
i got the chills - and I'm not even in the basement!

OH, Michele!!! Take Zicam!! Must be your whirilwind life and demolition dust are catching up with you...get better ASAP!!!!

arlenevita 03-06-2009 06:02 PM

Will 8 coupons be enough? I don't have anything in the house to bring for snacks...bummer...

arlenevita 03-06-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDee (Post 13340448)
How about at least 2 of each size and color (if possible and not too greedy)? I only have a vague idea in my head so it's hard to give a definitive answer.

I might also make a scrapbook layout (I have dabbled in scrapbooking) since this is a milestone event (25 years!) so even if it is too large for a card it would still be used.

So, I guess I am saying as much as is convenient (clear as mud?)

TIA and ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

No problem..I'll make a bunch of the three papers I have and mail them out the begining of next week. I have your address from the birthday list. The scalloped hearts are so nice! No worries about $$...you're sending cards for the troops on my behalf so it all comes around in a circle. :-D

tillyhead 03-06-2009 06:35 PM

thank you all for the well wishes. Feeling a bit better now. I've been in bed since 7 pm, but just got up to have some dinner (left over pizza). Heading back to bed now. G'night!

TeeGeeDee 03-06-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 13343459)
No problem..I'll make a bunch of the three papers I have and mail them out the begining of next week. I have your address from the birthday list. The scalloped hearts are so nice! No worries about $$...you're sending cards for the troops on my behalf so it all comes around in a circle. :-D

You're so sweet ... I really appreciate it. I never seem to have any great ideas for DH's cards so I really want to start early so if I get an a-ha moment I can set it aside until August and be ready. And if not, I'll have time to keep trying.

Cards for troops will hopefully go postal tomorrow but definitely no later than Monday ... tomorrow is busy with breakfast at a diner (a weekend ritual my FIL gets pouty about if we break ... or change) plus grocery shopping and a trip to Kohl's for sneakers and whatever else I can convince Tony I (or we) need - we have a 30% coupon. It was one of those that you peel off to find your savings and the first time it was the highest percentage off so it kind of seems meant to be.

I actually stamped for a bit this evening and might do some more since tomorrow is so busy; I only sleep a few hours at a time anyway so I can stay up for a bit.

Thanks again for your generosity!

Tina

lindylou1220 03-07-2009 02:47 AM

If we can agree on what is for our late lunch and if it is Chinese, we can get their way cheaper lunch menu up until 3 p.m. I think I will be back here before then because I know HL will not keep me occupied for hours and, if not, I'm sure Gary would be willing to run out for us.

The lunches come with rice (fried unless you ask for white) plus one of three soups for ~$6.

Otherwise, we will order pizza when we get back here.

LMK your thoughts. (Yes, I am already thinking about lunch.)

lindylou1220 03-07-2009 03:02 AM

The two stores are not terribly close to one another or HL, but certainly doable. I think you will be doing more shopping and driving than stamping and eating, though, if you decide to do that.

And, if you decide to do that, you may want to stop out for lunch because it might be late by the time some are done shopping.:rolleyes:

I'm planning on HL and back but that's because I can go to the stores whenever I want. You guys will have to decide and LMK.

hlw966 03-07-2009 03:19 AM

I'm jealous!!! I would love to go shop/stamp. And Pat - already have your Occasions mini order - I don't even want to talk about it! :) My order is stuck in 'submitted' status, and I ordered at 12:08am on Sunday. That's what I get for setting my alarm and losing sleep to place an order!

Where do you guys buy your dew drops? I knew about them, but absolutely must have them after Binghamton. I found repackaged 100 ct for $2.49 + free shipping on ebay. Is that good?

I'm also on the hunt for half-back pearls, since my stash is only as big as the pretties kit.

hlw966 03-07-2009 03:20 AM

BTW, newbie Darci signed up for Syracuse. She is coming with me!

lindylou1220 03-07-2009 03:24 AM

Yup, Darci's on the list.

Wish you could come with us today to shop & stamp, too, Heidi.

I'm not the person to help you with Dew Drops but someone will.

njbaker 03-07-2009 03:47 AM

I have lots of faux dew drops I could send you!!! I have way too many!

lindylou1220 03-07-2009 03:57 AM

Really, Nancy? Too many of something? How's that possible? LOL

Guess that's why we all share so nicely.

arlenevita 03-07-2009 05:26 AM

Just ate breakfast. Chinese sounds like a possiblity to me since we had pizza earlier this week (and leftovers). I like fried rice with LOTS of duck sauce. LOL!

I know that I'd like to use your Old Olive, Chocoalte Chip, and Close to Cocoa ink pads, Linda, please and thank you!

I'm packed...I think...just waiting for my turn in the shower...

See you soon!

BearCollector 03-07-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220 (Post 13341079)
So, I believe the plan is:

Nancy leaves at 10:30 and meets up with Pat, Arlene & Kari at the Westmoreland exit to drive directly to H.L. It's a left off the Rte. 31 exit from 481. Nancy estimates her arrival to be around noon.

I will probably leave here nearer to 11 and make a quick stop at the Dollar Tree.

Rather than eat lunch out plus order dinner in, Nancy and I thought we might do a mid-day lunch/dinner combo and just eat here. We can either get pizza or Chinese. We have good selections for both of those cuisines.

If you want to bring a snack/drink in addition to your stamping supplies, feel free! Does that do it?

Hi Everyone:
Taylor and I will meet you guys at Hobby Lobby at 12 noon also. We have other shopping to do afterwards so we will part ways after we shop. No stamping for me today. Have fun though!!

See you at noon.

Wendy

lindylou1220 03-07-2009 06:07 AM

Great, Wendy. I was hoping you see this. Meant to call you.

momoffive 03-07-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyhead (Post 13336520)
I'm sorry you've been sick:( I will be at work until 3:30 if you find yourself in the New Hartford area (but let me know first, cause your punch is home). I can run home and get it! I am out of town all day on saturday, but as far as i know should be around on Sunday. I should be painting, but I could stamp:rolleyes::mrgreen: No card stock in stock as we are not allowed to re-sell current items:(

I'm around all day sunday stamping is doable for me. Give me a call 272-7022

snowcountry311 03-07-2009 06:45 AM

sad to miss all the fun
by the way even if it's a drive to others stores-it's closer than leaving from home!

tillyhead 03-07-2009 01:25 PM

hope you guys are having fun in Syracuse! Chris called a while ago.... New Hartford H.S. won their hockey game so on to states for them - Go Spartans!

I ended up staying home cause I still didn't feel that well and then the boys decided to stay, so I spent the morning carting them to and from hockey practices and a soccer game. I'm in now for the night!!

BearCollector 03-07-2009 04:23 PM

I'm back from a full day of shopping. We had a lot of fun, but the checkout lines at Hobby Lobby were 20 people long each (no fooling)!! Sorry I didn't get to officially say good bye to everyone after Taylor and I went to see the rest of the store. The lines were so bad we just paid for our stuff and left (after at least a half hour in line). It was a lot of fun stuff and all the scrapbooking stuff was 50% off. Got some great deals and new stuff to play with. I think we left lots of little hooks empty after we all shared the cool items we found.

Hope you made some great things at Lindas. Talk to you all soon!!
Thanks for a fun day! Taylor is off to a Sweet 16 Birthday Party for her twin friends at the bowliing alley!!

BearCollector 03-07-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyhead (Post 13348997)
hope you guys are having fun in Syracuse! Chris called a while ago.... New Hartford H.S. won their hockey game so on to states for them - Go Spartans!

I ended up staying home cause I still didn't feel that well and then the boys decided to stay, so I spent the morning carting them to and from hockey practices and a soccer game. I'm in now for the night!!

Way to go!! Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Wendy

BearCollector 03-07-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 13346539)
sad to miss all the fun
by the way even if it's a drive to others stores-it's closer than leaving from home!

We missed you, but I'm sure we will be going back. You'll have to join us next time. We need to give them some time to restock because it was a bit picked over already.

Wendy

snowcountry311 03-07-2009 04:59 PM

what items do they need to be restock?
items i need/want?

diane617 03-07-2009 04:59 PM

I just shopped at PTI online and now I'm going to bed. Have to work and I'm losing an hour

snowcountry311 03-07-2009 05:01 PM

everyone is losing an hour!
what did you buy?

BearCollector 03-07-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 13350822)
what items do they need to be restock?
items i need/want?

the brads, and buttons & embellishments were very picked over. Only one package left of several of the choices. The Nestabilities were thin, and the cuttlebug rack was almost cleared out completely. We did manage to get a few of these things. The store was so busy I'm sure they were just running out of things and they will be stocked again in a few days.

Wendy

tillyhead 03-07-2009 05:29 PM

sounds fun! I got to meet Meg (momoffive) in Person - she's gonna fit right in!! :)

arlenevita 03-07-2009 05:41 PM

Hi! Back home safe and sound and just ate some leftover fried rice! Thanks for having us over, Linda. Wendy, nice to see you and meet your daughter. And to meet Sue. Best deal of the day...We got 20 yards of ribbion for $0.50!!!! We thought it was a great deal at $0.99 a roll and then at check out we were surprised adn pleased with 50% off!!!

arlenevita 03-07-2009 05:54 PM

I bought 5 rolls of ribbon, some rhinestones, paper, 3 colors of stazon that I haven't seen locally, mini blossoms, pkg. of 12 small bottles of asst. velvet flock, 2 clay stamps to use as background stamps ($2.50 each for background stamps?? At $4.99 Nancy and I thought they were a bargain but then we got them 1/2/ off!!), flocked tree brads all at 50% off...then with 40% coupon 12 small tubes of acrylic paint to mix with my embossing paste ($3.95). I was NOT the biggest spender! Then we stopped at We B Scrappin" and I bought paper. Would you believe HL doesn't have scanners at the check out?? No wonder the lines were so long. Fortunately Kari found 3 of us a short line that we sneaked into!

I finished at least 6 Mother's Day cards at Linda's.

arlenevita 03-07-2009 05:55 PM

Tilly, glad to hear you are a little better! YEAH for NH!

tillyhead 03-07-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 13351439)
Tilly, glad to hear you are a little better! YEAH for NH!

thanks;) Kids are both sleeping on the couches down here and I'm making some good progress on my recipe swaps! Did a little sneak peek tutorial on my blog:cool:

Sounds like you guys had a nice day too!

scrappingsue 03-07-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 13351324)
Hi! Back home safe and sound and just ate some leftover fried rice! Thanks for having us over, Linda. Wendy, nice to see you and meet your daughter. And to meet Sue. Best deal of the day...We got 20 yards of ribbion for $0.50!!!! We thought it was a great deal at $0.99 a roll and then at check out we were surprised adn pleased with 50% off!!!

Glad you all got home OK it is raining really hard now and a little bit ago we had thunder and lighting. I had a great time and it was nice to meet everyone and I look forward to seeing you again on May 2nd.

Sue

momoffive 03-07-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyhead (Post 13351544)
thanks;) Kids are both sleeping on the couches down here and I'm making some good progress on my recipe swaps! Did a little sneak peek tutorial on my blog:cool:

seeing we are about the only ones that didn't go we'll have to make a trip! When we are feeling all better.

arlenevita 03-07-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappingsue (Post 13351805)
Glad you all got home OK it is raining really hard now and a little bit ago we had thunder and lighting. I had a great time and it was nice to meet everyone and I look forward to seeing you again on May 2nd.

Sue

We had some thunder a little while ago, too. Nice to meet you, too, Sue!

I'm so excited! I just got off the phone from wishing Happy Birthday to my college suitemate Debbie's daughter who turned 18 today. Kelsey received word that SUNY Oswego is giving her a fantastic scholarship for her academic excellence so she's probably going to go there!! Ithaca College will give her a great scholarship, too, but SUCO's so much cheaper. They live in New Hampshire (used to live in Little Falls and moved 6+ years ago) so now she'll be close by again and we will get to see her more often. I told her mom that we had her back and if Kelsey got sick or needed anything we'd go get her immediately. If she decided to go to Ithaca I have a cousin who lives there so I've got Kelsey's back covered which ever college she picks. The ironic thing is that Debbie and I met at SUCO 34 years ago and we never thought Kelsey would apply to her mom's school (heaven forbid she do anything like her mom!) and then acutally seriously consider going there!! Debbie and I have this weird and wonderful almost telepathic connection (I call her and she says she was just thinking about me, etc.). Anyway..just had to shared a happy ending to a happy stamping day!:mrgreen:

BIG "Thank You!" to Nancy for driving the "enabling" wagon today! :D

arlenevita 03-07-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillyhead (Post 13351544)

Aren't you a clever one, Miss Tilly??

arlenevita 03-07-2009 07:30 PM

Remember: Clocks "spring" ahead!

tillyhead 03-07-2009 08:25 PM

OMG! So now it's really 1:24 am, not 12:24 am ;( I thought I was doing good by staying up until after midnight!

I've been working dilligently on my recipe swaps for buffalo since around 9 pm and guess what..... they are still only about 1/2 done... ugh!

tillyhead 03-07-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arlenevita (Post 13352437)
Aren't you a clever one, Miss Tilly??

why, I resemble that remark:mrgreen: