Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 2 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/2nd-annual-hpc-convention-july-24-27-2009-part-2-a-389339/)

daiseyfreak 12-28-2008 09:10 PM

oh elizabeth, yikes, when will it end for you hun???? goodness, hugs and prayers for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daiseyfreak 12-28-2008 10:17 PM

got my There she Goes challenge stuff done for the night, so I'm headed to bed, just took my meds, so I should be konked out soon. nighters girls!

Knutsen24 12-28-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiseyfreak (Post 12498939)
ok, so I lied and didn't go to bed, was finishing up another project!! want a sneak peak of some of my cards for the upcoming months??? sorry, no sneakie peaks of MFT sets, don't want to get in trouble :rolleyes:

Attachment 127504

Attachment 127505

KJ, you are so sweet. I think I am going to make a card for Jessica's next challenge, it's to make a card that isn't christmas, lol!!!! I won one of her last released sets and I haven't used it yet, so I think this will be a good time to break it in. I think I will like the new set you told us about! I have found though, that it's best to use SU ink for her stamps for some reason, stazon and momento ink don't work well with the sets I have of hers... ok, off to generate some ideas!

I just wanted to stop in and say hi and make sure Kelli wasn't telling you all some lies about me ;) We had a great time chatting for an hour and a half at Starbucks and get this- my DH only called twice! And he had all three of the girls lol! He gets better every time...

I have found with clear stamps, it is always good to give them a bit of a "rub down" with some dish soap water and a rag. I actually keep a little bowl of dishwater at my desk to clean my stamps while I'm stamping. This helps to get any left over residue off from the processing. I will clean the stamp then use some ink and stamp it on scrap paper. If it still looks a little "blotchy" I will clean it again until it stamps perfect. My absolute favorite ink that I use with my sets is Momento Tuxedo Black! So give this a try and see if it helps out!

MHorne5501 12-29-2008 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarhod99 (Post 12498541)
Don't you love when they do that?! :twisted:

I was lucky this morning they didn't get me up until 6:25 :)

LauraJean 12-29-2008 05:07 AM

I'm at the office, which is a pretty scary thought. I ended up in the ER about 11pm not being able to breathe. My O2 level was low (due to the cold buried in my chest). 2-3 hours later, I was back home in bed sleeping (it was actually around 3am). I swear this cold is kicking the carapola out of me this time around. I hope to make it through the day (we are short-staffed which is why I am here...SIGH!) I actually feel better sitting up do maybe a little work will do me good. ;)

go90feet 12-29-2008 05:28 AM

good morning!

KelliJo 12-29-2008 05:37 AM

LMAO!!! YES IT's Duffy, MERCY!!! I LOOOOOVE that song I coulda swore she was a black chick with that voice, OMG I JUST LOVE that type of jazzy toe tappin song.... I WANT IT ON MY BLOG TOOOOO!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

go90feet 12-29-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12500182)
I'm at the office, which is a pretty scary thought. I ended up in the ER about 11pm not being able to breathe. My O2 level was low (due to the cold buried in my chest). 2-3 hours later, I was back home in bed sleeping (it was actually around 3am). I swear this cold is kicking the carapola out of me this time around. I hope to make it through the day (we are short-staffed which is why I am here...SIGH!) I actually feel better sitting up do maybe a little work will do me good. ;)

OMG! hope u are feeling better today!

jag_bug 12-29-2008 05:52 AM

LJ and Elizabeth, no more trips to the ER!! You're both in my thoughts and prayers.

KelliJo 12-29-2008 05:54 AM

LJ YOU BE CAREFUL!!!! I'm SOOO not wanting to send a clown and some balloons to the Hospital...

Elizabeth! WHAT THE HECK ARE WE GONNA DO WITH YOU???? UGH!!! You take care and keep us informed....:(

Hey Jessica!!! See I was a GOOOOD GIRL and didnt tell them what you said ;) LMAO JK!!! We chatted on and on and on.... You need to check out her store ladies...She knows us Ho's work HARD for our money and such great prices and customer service to boot!:mrgreen:

chrispy1778 12-29-2008 06:31 AM

Quote:

Oh my heck, woman!! GO HOME!!!!

No one wants a secondary message after you've been in the hospital for a few days... if you start feeling tired / worse than you do right now, get your booty home and into a comfy chair ( feeling better sitting up makes sense - easier to breathe ) to get some rest!!!

mamadwawa 12-29-2008 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12498184)
Popping in here, just got home an hour ago, left work early and used my GC's and then met Jessica to get my NEW STAMPS.... OMG!!! She has a set called "LOL Taglines" that is HO PERFECT!!! Try THIS one on for size... "I gave up sex for chocolate, Now I can't even get in my pants!":mrgreen:

There is a C U T E lil mailbox/valentines type one too and the "Home" one is gorgeous, looks intimidating at first but SO elegant.... right up MY alley!;)

I love it! that is hilarious!!

mamadwawa 12-29-2008 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12498188)
Lets ship them all off to an Island and not tell anyone who's kids they are...

Hey DJ - you can send your girlie to me, Alafair would love to have a playmate. Tough being a singleton when all your friends are busy over break...

tdean32 12-29-2008 06:41 AM

Gabby~ I tried to click on the video link about prismas but it wouldn't bring it up. What am I doing wrong?

cherthosestamps 12-29-2008 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778 (Post 12498713)
Hokey pete, I hopped offa here just long enough to watch 'Fred Claus' with the hubby so we can get it the heck out of here, and the thread blew up! LOL

Cheryl, your pic is on its was back to you. Quickie tweaked the red eye and shareped the photo so it'll look okay small... you can run it as profile eized or avi sized w/out any issues.

If you want a better red eye touch up at some point, resend it to me and I'd be happy to fix it for you so it'd go unseen as a 5x7 ot 8x10.

Great pic of you guys! :)

...and now I'm off to bed... g'night all!

After a five day weekend, I don't wanna go back to work!!!!!!

I just saw it..I will put it in here a little later..thank you so much my friend..did yu do that on photoshop? my friend has it and I am thinking about putting it on my puter..wht do you recdommend?

cherthosestamps 12-29-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 12500953)
Hey DJ - you can send your girlie to me, Alafair would love to have a playmate. Tough being a singleton when all your friends are busy over break...

That would be great ..Alafair and Callie would have a great time....when do you want her? Or just pack up your bags and we will go with Marci on her trip to GA to see McFadden..ROAD TRIP...

cherthosestamps 12-29-2008 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
LJ..do I need to come and take care of you..here I come...Attachment 127532..I picked up a few more Ho's....

cherthosestamps 12-29-2008 06:55 AM

Take care Elizabeith...were picking u up too...

chrispy1778 12-29-2008 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12501015)
I just saw it..I will put it in here a little later..thank you so much my friend..did yu do that on photoshop? my friend has it and I am thinking about putting it on my puter..wht do you recdommend?

Yep. Literally under one minute with PS 7.0. It takes up a lot of space, and the settings are fussy ( if you don't tick the right box during installation, every single image that you try to open will have to open with PS ), but I love my Photoshop and wouldn't trade it for anything.

If you are not techno savvy / do not want to take a long time to learn the ins and outs, Professor Franklin's photo software is great stuff and a lot easier to navigate.... and it is a LOT cheaper.

Prof. Franklin's Instant Photo Effects runs about $60 - $80 ( cheaper if you hunt for it ), whereas unless you rock the eye patch and get a good hookup Jack Sparrow style, you're looking at around $150 for the PS old version ( which is what I have ), on up to as much as$1,500 if you wanted a fully loaded version of Photoshop with all of the whistles and bells.

mamadwawa 12-29-2008 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12501031)
That would be great ..Alafair and Callie would have a great time....when do you want her? Or just pack up your bags and we will go with Marci on her trip to GA to see McFadden..ROAD TRIP...

Yeah, I was thinking I was just a wee bit out of the way for a pickup... Callie is welcome anytime! But she better be here soon, for Alafair leaves on Tu til Sun.

chrispy1778 12-29-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12501124)
LJ..do I need to come and take care of you..here I come...Attachment 127532..I picked up a few more Ho's....

I'm right on the way - grab me, too! ;)

I so wanted to make it to your side o' the mitten before Friday, Cheryl. Doggone weather.
No Ho hookup, and no visit with my GF who I haven't seen face to face since my youngest was six months old. :(

daiseyfreak 12-29-2008 07:42 AM

thanks for the tips Jessica, I always heard the tip to erase clear stamps with an eraser before use, but I'll try your tip too! Lovin the previews.

LJ, sorry you are feelin poopy, so am I. I'm supposed to be at work, but I just can't get motivated this afternoon, plus I feel like crap. I'm sure wading around in that 4-6 inches of COLD water didn't help last night. But at least I didn't have to go to the ER, dang girl......they better have you on some pretty powerful medication.....you take care and go home if you need to!

OK, off to get in the shower and force myself to work...

all the sick hos, take care!

Annie's Pantry 12-29-2008 08:06 AM

I hope all my sick HO friends get feeling better soon! :(

My Crafty Morning went well.... And now I am just hanging around working on my swaps! If you guys want one of my fun, cute winter cards you can always sign-up for one at my swap... Just check it out! Click the blue line in my siggy... We are still looking for more swappers!!!!!

bbl...

MHorne5501 12-29-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12501031)

You forget that I am already in Georgia I just live in the opposite side of the state from McFadden. Sadly WildBasket isn't going to get to meet us. She ended up with a sick child so they are headed home.

MHorne5501 12-29-2008 08:35 AM

LJ, Elizabeth, and Joy I hope that all of you get to feeling better soon. Please take care of yourselves.
Marci

yoorah 12-29-2008 09:03 AM

Get better Elizabeth and LJ!

I think I need that "Special Delivery" set by There she goes. Those are a RIOT!

jag_bug 12-29-2008 09:52 AM

Tracey, thank you for the lovely Christmas card!! It made me very happy!!

delfinaus 12-29-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12500565)
LJ YOU BE CAREFUL!!!! I'm SOOO not wanting to send a clown and some balloons to the Hospital...

Elizabeth! WHAT THE HECK ARE WE GONNA DO WITH YOU???? UGH!!! You take care and keep us informed....:(

Hey Jessica!!! See I was a GOOOOD GIRL and didnt tell them what you said ;) LMAO JK!!! We chatted on and on and on.... You need to check out her store ladies...She knows us Ho's work HARD for our money and such great prices and customer service to boot!:mrgreen:

That is soooo true. She goes above and beyond!
I was so thrilled with my purchases from her last month.
I alreaday know that I will be buying from her again in the near future.

FaieeMom 12-29-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricketeew (Post 12499204)
HI girls I just got home from the er have beenthrowing up all day due to pain! They gave me an IV for pain and nausa now going to try to get some sleep have my bone scan at 830 inthe am then the spine DR afater that

Oh goodness Elizabeth! I'm praying for you hun...rest up and when you can and it's no pain...update us. You my dear are in my book of prayers. Trust me...I may be the rocky road of the ice cream bunch...but I'm also a prayer kind of girl.

FaieeMom 12-29-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Oh LJ...at work after being in the ER??? What??? Girlie...you should be home warm and resting up. Stay away from the brewsky...and eat SOME NICE WARM CHICKEN SOUP!!! Don't try to be all brave...you need your down time hun. I don't want to have to send KJ with a midget clowns and mice balloons to the ER if you keep at it! ROFLMAO!!! HUGS!!!

FaieeMom 12-29-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJo (Post 12500406)
LMAO!!! YES IT's Duffy, MERCY!!! I LOOOOOVE that song I coulda swore she was a black chick with that voice, OMG I JUST LOVE that type of jazzy toe tappin song.... I WANT IT ON MY BLOG TOOOOO!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

LOL KJ...I thought she was black too after I heard that song!!! I was like ***!!! :eek:

LauraJean 12-29-2008 10:03 AM

Hey all

Just checkin in, I'm managing here. just trudging along. Only got 3 hours left! Woo-Hoo! Then gotta make a quick stop at the bookstore, to get mom's Wii FIT (it's in with MY name on it!!!) YAY! I'll take care of myself, I'm getting a little tired right now, good thing I don't actually have to THINK for some parts of my job. The ER doc said it was okay to work, so no worries. He did say I would get tired/exhausted, (which is happening).

I have a lot to be thankful, my dad's DB and SIL drove up to MN to see her family for Christmas, and EVERYONE got sick. her mom is in a rehab center (after 2-3 days in the hospital), another 3 went to the ER, my uncle and cousin checked into a hotel for 2 extra days to recover since they were not well enough to travel home, they all have the FLU....YIKES.

OH and it's a good thing I showed up @ the office, I discovered another DOC abusing my health retirement funds!!! GOtta go nab him and send him to the insurance coppers!!! ;)

kafranci 12-29-2008 10:03 AM

LJ, you take care, I can't believe you are at work after being in the ER!!! You should be home in bed!!!!

It's snowing here again, we are supposed to get 6 more inches today, yuck!!! at least it's warmed up a bit, it's now 21 above!!

LauraJean 12-29-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafranci (Post 12502687)
LJ, you take care, I can't believe you are at work after being in the ER!!! You should be home in bed!!!!

It's snowing here again, we are supposed to get 6 more inches today, yuck!!! at least it's warmed up a bit, it's now 21 above!!

I'm a trooper :mrgreen: My boss nearly said ***??? when I told her I was in the ER last night, and then she said "gee, well you know you could use some blush or something to give you some color" and then whipped out her compact...:rolleyes:

FaieeMom 12-29-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdean32 (Post 12500962)
Gabby~ I tried to click on the video link about prismas but it wouldn't bring it up. What am I doing wrong?

I just checked at it was some BS because I used the song Decode by Paramore. I muted the song but they still deleted it!!! @$$e$!!! I saved the files though...so I'll make it again without the music!!! :(

Post Edit: OK...so the video is back but now it's muted...I still hope you enjoy!

tdean32 12-29-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMom (Post 12502795)
I just checked at it was some BS because I used the song Decode by Paramore. I muted the song but they still deleted it!!! @$$e$!!! I saved the files though...so I'll make it again without the music!!! :(

oh honey...don't feel like you have to do that just for me. I would love any tips but please don't go through the trouble.

FaieeMom 12-29-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdean32 (Post 12502816)
oh honey...don't feel like you have to do that just for me. I would love any tips but please don't go through the trouble.

Girl please...it's NO trouble. I'm just bummed that other people use freakin' music and their videos are up...then I make mine and this! :confused:

daiseyfreak 12-29-2008 10:56 AM

ok, do any of us that are sick realize....that when we're sick, we continue to go to work, continue to go to the stores, continue to shop, continue to go places.....we're not taking care of ourselves.....My dr. yells at me all the time for this, he tells me that if I would just stay home...I would get better quicker..........I agree with him, but I still don't listen.......

mcfadden 12-29-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12502746)
I'm a trooper :mrgreen: My boss nearly said ***??? when I told her I was in the ER last night, and then she said "gee, well you know you could use some blush or something to give you some color" and then whipped out her compact...:rolleyes:

LMBO! Did she really?? That's really kinda nice. I take it she's not Miss Mayo 2008.

cherthosestamps 12-29-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778 (Post 12501252)
I'm right on the way - grab me, too! ;)

I so wanted to make it to your side o' the mitten before Friday, Cheryl. Doggone weather.
No Ho hookup, and no visit with my GF who I haven't seen face to face since my youngest was six months old. :(

Ok..so what is stopping us now? I am ion Macomb..we need to hook up..when is good for you??