Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Get it Together! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/)
-   -   2nd Annual HPC Convention July 24-27 2009... part 2 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/get-together-67/2nd-annual-hpc-convention-july-24-27-2009-part-2-a-389339/)

LauraJean 11-25-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 12174941)
That's pretty cool, LJ!! Better bring more than $200 for food, though, from what I've heard!!

I mailed your check today. So funny, I am licking the envie when I look down and there on the desk is the actual check. Fortunately I had not actually sealed it yet. What a dunce! :rolleyes:

Umm yea, been there done that! We usually go every couple of years, I usually budget $30-$40 a day for food, so I know $200 won't be enough! Plus there's the bazillion souvenirs I must have :mrgreen:

The only bad (and I'm not sure if you can say this is bad) is that our favorite resort (Pop Century) does not have rooms available for the dates we want to go. But we can get a room at All-Star Sports. To be honest, I would rather fork over $150/person more and stay at a moderate resort like Port Orleans, but that's up to Scott. I'd really LOVE to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but cripes, that jack us up big time as far as the total $$$.

So I'm officially on a spending freeze as far as stamps goes....:( but it's gonna be worth it....65 degrees in FL sure beats -10 degrees here!

LauraJean 11-25-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12174976)
LOL..one meal at Mickie dees will cost you around 10 bucks easy..one fry in the park will be 4dollars easy..pack your store bought food and we ate one meal there...a family of four meal would be around 50 bucks easy..

We had the meal plan last time go-around and it was fantastic. We never pulled our wallet out for food. We ate @ the california grill and if we didn't have the meal plan the bill for the two of us would have been $140 without the tip (and that's no liquor). Yea, gotta love those $22 lobster appetizers! Woo-Hoo! :mrgreen:

cherthosestamps 11-25-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12175271)
We had the meal plan last time go-around and it was fantastic. We never pulled our wallet out for food. We ate @ the california grill and if we didn't have the meal plan the bill for the two of us would have been $140 without the tip (and that's no liquor). Yea, gotta love those $22 lobster appetizers! Woo-Hoo! :mrgreen:

Sounds like a fun time to me...If you need Disney gift cards, my kids school sells them and then the school gets a rebate if you buy them.

mamadwawa 11-25-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12175157)
Good for you..that means more snugglin time..so does she love to shop with you..mine wants to go out at 4 in the morning..she does still believe..I will go out and then take her out when I get home....Did you get any more AG stuff?

She does not like to go to rubber stamp stores :( that is the only kind of shopping i like!

She still believes, and has the videos to prove it!

Today is the final day for free shipping at AG. She has two things on her list right now, but we are pretty sure we are going to hit up the new one outside of Boston, maybe even this weekend (how crazy am I?!) so I guess if we don't make it in time for Christmas I will just have to pay the shipping.

I also have free shipping til today (what is so special about THIS date?) at Lands' End. Gotta get Bugsy some boots...

mamadwawa 11-25-2008 08:53 AM

Time to go get A from school - these 1/2 days go by so quickly!!

daiseyfreak 11-25-2008 08:53 AM

how exciting LJ! I've never been there! I'm not real big on Thanksgiving, 4 years ago, I was in Austrailia for Thanksgiving, sigh, life is so different now.

that's a really good deal though, dang, got room for one more, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

cherthosestamps 11-25-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamadwawa (Post 12175319)
She does not like to go to rubber stamp stores :( that is the only kind of shopping i like!

She still believes, and has the videos to prove it!

Today is the final day for free shipping at AG. She has two things on her list right now, but we are pretty sure we are going to hit up the new one outside of Boston, maybe even this weekend (how crazy am I?!) so I guess if we don't make it in time for Christmas I will just have to pay the shipping.

I also have free shipping til today (what is so special about THIS date?) at Lands' End. Gotta get Bugsy some boots...

I will take one more look on that site...I think I am going to get a couple of items...have fun..get some booties for Bugsy..lol

Mrs_S 11-25-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy1778 (Post 12173203)
Just stopping by to do a little enabling for the holiday shopping weekend..

http://mic.michaels.com/BonusCouponUS.aspx

and my Ho Id cards are in the mail, save two... Heather, a package will go out for Christopher this week, and the ho id cards will be in an anvie ( for you & Manda ) in there. :)

Sweet coupons girl!!! T HANKS!!!

Mrs_S 11-25-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12174658)
Yipee!!!! EXCITING NEWS! Scott and I originall decided NOT to take a vacation this winter with the baby coming, thinking my $$$ would be a little tight....KWIM? Well......ditch that idea!

We're going to DisneyWorld!!!! :) Probably 1/19 - 1/26, they have a huge promo going on - but 4 nights get 3 free, plus a $200 Disney Card. I also found a CHEAP airfare, $143 on NWA out of Milwaukee, so with the air, we are going for $600 EACH for seven nights. The $600 includes, lodging, park passes, and airfare. I Figure the $200 GC we can use for food. WAHOO!

What an awesome deal LJ!!!!

Mrs_S 11-25-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaieeMom (Post 12174972)
Alrighty ya'll...I'm off to run some errand but hope to come back when the Ho's aren't hiding from me...lol. ;)

Joy, Michele, Jackie, Cori, & Kelli...I PROMISE I'll visit your blogs more. I wish I could visit as often as many of the other Ho's visit them...but sometimes this crazy life just bums me the heck out (I haven't even updated MINE that's how bad it's got)! I know ya'll kick butt on your blogs and I do apologize if I don't visit often. Mine doesn't get visited as much anymore...but oh well...:(...it is my own fault I guess?

Oh girly!! don't apologize! I know what's going on w/ you... it's okay!!! P.S. I visit yours frequently always looking for an updated card! ;)

LauraJean 11-25-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherthosestamps (Post 12175318)
Sounds like a fun time to me...If you need Disney gift cards, my kids school sells them and then the school gets a rebate if you buy them.

I might take you up on that. Honestly. I'd rather buy a disney GC or two instead of hauling cash around. Course I really like that you can hook up your room key as a charge card....but then I spend too much :rolleyes: We get the $200 but I Know that won't be enough.

Gonna have to dig out the tinkerbelle sweatshirt....yipee!

We decided we are gonna stay at All-Star sports (fitting for me eh?) The moderate resort I looked at is a lot pricier...I called Scotty again during lunch and he made the impression he was gonna go home and start packing tonight :mrgreen:

I might be biased, but everyone needs to get to WDW once in their life. It's like being on another planet. Once you get "in" WDW, you see nothing that resembles "real life". Last time we went I threw my back out the first day we were there so I Couldn't do much of anything. I'm gonna do all I can to make sure I can physically enjoy myself....

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 10:42 AM

:( Our playdate just went 'pfft'! Annabella is all upset now! :(

Mrs_S 11-25-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12176462)

awwww :(

Mrs_S 11-25-2008 10:47 AM

Oh hey! Anyone read of any good deals going on @ Michael's on Friday?? Last year they had the Fiskar 12x12 trimmer for only $5!!!

FaieeMom 11-25-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12176462)

Awwww little momma! :(

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 11:10 AM

grr! I'm annoyed! :mad: I've been cleaning (despite still feeling crappy!) for two days now, picking up snacks, washing toys, and rearranging furniture to make room only to have everyone back out at the last minute and leaving me with a sobbing kid! :cry::mad:

wildbasket 11-25-2008 11:51 AM

aww poor you and annabella have KelliJO call them a heiffer for you!

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbasket (Post 12177253)
aww poor you and annabella have KelliJO call them a heiffer for you!

I HOpe so! That'd make me feel a bit better! ;)

huera90 11-25-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jag_bug (Post 12174046)
We're having Thanksgiving at my house this year. But dh is frying the turkey, so there's not much work to be done on my part. I'll probably be mashing some potatoes. Everyone is bringing someothing. Yay for you not cooking! Are your kids off all week?

Lucky you - I loved fried turkey!!!

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 12:18 PM

I've never had fried turkey. I've seen it on tv though and I'm intrigued.

huera90 11-25-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12175222)
Umm yea, been there done that! We usually go every couple of years, I usually budget $30-$40 a day for food, so I know $200 won't be enough! Plus there's the bazillion souvenirs I must have :mrgreen:

The only bad (and I'm not sure if you can say this is bad) is that our favorite resort (Pop Century) does not have rooms available for the dates we want to go. But we can get a room at All-Star Sports. To be honest, I would rather fork over $150/person more and stay at a moderate resort like Port Orleans, but that's up to Scott. I'd really LOVE to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but cripes, that jack us up big time as far as the total $$$.

So I'm officially on a spending freeze as far as stamps goes....:( but it's gonna be worth it....65 degrees in FL sure beats -10 degrees here!

Hey Bucky!

Oh, the Animal Kingdom is DA BOMB!!! We always stay there in one of the "savanna view" rooms when we go. It's worth a trip out there just to see it.

MWAH!

yoorah 11-25-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12176732)
grr! I'm annoyed! :mad: I've been cleaning (despite still feeling crappy!) for two days now, picking up snacks, washing toys, and rearranging furniture to make room only to have everyone back out at the last minute and leaving me with a sobbing kid! :cry::mad:

Heiffews! But at least you now have a clean house and can rest without a bunch of munchikins trashing it ;)

LauraJean 11-25-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90 (Post 12177539)
Hey Bucky!

Oh, the Animal Kingdom is DA BOMB!!! We always stay there in one of the "savanna view" rooms when we go. It's worth a trip out there just to see it.

MWAH!

Scotty's cousins took us there to dine the last time we were there (the place with the huge buffet). They usta work winters there as they are semi-retired. I just love it. I'd love to stay in a Savannah View Room....Sigh....maybe when "we" (and I don't mean Scotty) get married :twisted:

LauraJean 11-25-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12177528)

You probably have not had fried cheese either ;)

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoorah (Post 12177924)
Heiffews! But at least you now have a clean house and can rest without a bunch of munchikins trashing it ;)

<snort> Nope! Annabella will be continuing to trash it all by herself! She is dancing around the kitchen dropping toys all around! :(

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraJean (Post 12177945)
You probably have not had fried cheese either ;)

yeah, I'l had that (too many times! :roll:), and Fried Mac and Cheese too! very bad for ya stuff! Why does the crap haveta taste so freakin' good??? :roll:

SuG 11-25-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs_S (Post 12175845)
Oh girly!! don't apologize! I know what's going on w/ you... it's okay!!! P.S. I visit yours frequently always looking for an updated card! ;)

ok so Cori, I immediatly went to visit your blog when I read this, and just maybe, now this is just a suggestion, just maybe a nice card would be a better picture than a skinned cat - not being judgemental mind you:rolleyes:
Sorry to say (and I am not a cat lover per say) I didn't get past that picture LOL!

SuG 11-25-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12176732)

I used to hate that. don't disapooint the kids. I learned not to tell my kids if anyone was coming by until they knocked at the door, honestly.

jag_bug 11-25-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12177528)

OMG! It's so good. Once you have it, you'll never want turkey another way. THere's not breading on it. But it makes the skin so crispy. Yummm! :)

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 12178191)
I used to hate that. don't disapooint the kids. I learned not to tell my kids if anyone was coming by until they knocked at the door, honestly.

unfortunately, Annabella figures it all out when she sees me doing the '90 mile-a-minute-cleaning-dash-and-stash'! :rolleyes:

huera90 11-25-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jag_bug (Post 12178213)
OMG! It's so good. Once you have it, you'll never want turkey another way. THere's not breading on it. But it makes the skin so crispy. Yummm! :)

And the meat is so juicy and flavorful!!!

SuG 11-25-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urscrappymama (Post 12178216)
unfortunately, Annabella figures it all out when she sees me doing the '90 mile-a-minute-cleaning-dash-and-stash'! :rolleyes:

too bad you had a smart one:rolleyes:

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 12178147)
ok so Cori, I immediatly went to visit your blog when I read this, and just maybe, now this is just a suggestion, just maybe a nice card would be a better picture than a skinned cat - not being judgemental mind you:rolleyes:
Sorry to say (and I am not a cat lover per say) I didn't get past that picture LOL!

Attachment 123749 *** do I have to be curious! :cry:

SuG 11-25-2008 01:44 PM

LOL!

SuG 11-25-2008 01:45 PM

usually I go to cori's blog and see some mighty fine projects.

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by huera90 (Post 12178221)
And the meat is so juicy and flavorful!!!

uh...God! not the thing to read after looking at Cori's blog! Attachment 123751

SuG 11-25-2008 01:46 PM

Josh gets home from Denver at 2am so I am taking the kids out to dinner tonight. We can't come up with a place we all agree on!

SuG 11-25-2008 01:46 PM

Is Joni ok haven't seen her around.

urscrappymama 11-25-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 12178280)
Josh gets home from Denver at 2am so I am taking the kids out to dinner tonight. We can't come up with a place we all agree on!

tell 'em to choose quick or you'll all stay home! :twisted:

Mrs_S 11-25-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 12178147)

ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I totally forgot about that that pic is still up on the first post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

I'm gonna have to post something new... like 2 min. ago soon!!!