Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2005, 10:08 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Michaels?

Hi
I assume this is a craft store - and a good from what I read. Does it have a web site please?

Thanks

Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2005, 10:11 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2005, 10:15 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

They carry all kinds of craft items. Their strength is the bradth of types of craft items they carry - art, wood, floral painting, stamping, scrapbooking, etc. Their weaknesses are that they don't tend to carry a large breadth of each category (since they're trying to be all things to all crafters) and they don't usually carry the higher end product. They do have a website - www.michaels.com - but they no longer sell merchandise on-line.

A similar retailer with an online store (though with more of a focus on fabric crafts) is Joann's - www.joann.com. I don't know their policy for shipping outside the states, but I'm sure it's on their site.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2005, 10:41 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just as a heads up, whenever you are looking for anything on the web, just place the name of the company in the internet search site, www.google.com and you'll find just about anything and everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #5  
Failed Lurker

From what I can gather, and from the website, I think Michaels is a bit like Hobbycraft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

You're right Helen, but on a scale we just wouldn't be able to imagine. We went to Florida last year and I visited Michaels and Jo-Ann's. We just do not have a comparison over here, they are enormous and the prices are to die for. They are about half of what we pay and then they have 40% off coupons, so I got a Sizzix machine from Michael's for about �20.

Vicki, a good online site that ships quite reasonably to the UK is www.addictedtorubberstamps.com and they often have sales.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2005, 01:38 AM   #7  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ally
You're right Helen, but on a scale we just wouldn't be able to imagine.
Well, I WAS going to put "...a bit like Hobbycraft, only more so" but it's so long that I actually visited a branch of Hobbycraft that I thought I might be doing them an injustice! Sounds like Michael's is enough to make a paper-obsessed Brit weep! I do try not to think too hard about it - especially the prices. My tactic is to get as many people as I can into card-making and scrapbooking, in the hope that the popularity of the craft will bring prices down! I'll take a look at your link - have you tried www.scraporium.co.uk? for supplies (no rubber stamps though)? They have a price policy which is great for the customer, but is driving their competitors mad! And they sometimes put a mini Kitkat in with your order

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes