Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How different are the IN colors compared to orginals?

I have yet to take the plunge on the IN colors. I am very curious, and id love to play with them, but to me most of them seem to resemble colors we already have. Being on a tight budget, i hate to spend the money if its only a slight difference in shades. I am going to order the assorted CS pack so i can check out all the colors, but i wanted to get a few coordinating inks to go with them. Just cant afford everything with this order :-)

I know sometimes the pics of colors in the catty arent true to life. If you have all of the IN colors (or any at all!) please tell me how different or similar they are. Or if anyone would be willing to stamp the incolors next to our orginals so i can compare, i would really appreciate it :-) I'm thinking Marigold Morning is like Summer Sun, True Thyme is like Always Artichoke, Buckaroo Blue looks like Brocade Blue,and Cranberry Crisp looks like Baroque Burgundy (i know its retired but i still have mine.) Im not sure about vintage violet, sometimes it looks blue, sometimes purple. Cool Carribean is definatly different than the rest!

I'd appreciate any input, thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 12:40 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

i feel the same way.
i ordered last time cranberry chrisp and used it with burgandy. burgandy seemed to be darker. i did a 2-step stampin with it.

iam also on a budget and the result was not like i NEED to have the other colors too, so i just ordered summer sun instead of the marigold,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyStampin123
I have yet to take the plunge on the IN colors. I am very curious, and id love to play with them, but to me most of them seem to resemble colors we already have. Being on a tight budget, i hate to spend the money if its only a slight difference in shades. I am going to order the assorted CS pack so i can check out all the colors, but i wanted to get a few coordinating inks to go with them. Just cant afford everything with this order :-)

I know sometimes the pics of colors in the catty arent true to life. If you have all of the IN colors (or any at all!) please tell me how different or similar they are. Or if anyone would be willing to stamp the incolors next to our orginals so i can compare, i would really appreciate it :-) I'm thinking Marigold Morning is like Summer Sun, True Thyme is like Always Artichoke, Buckaroo Blue looks like Brocade Blue,and Cranberry Crisp looks like Baroque Burgundy (i know its retired but i still have mine.) Im not sure about vintage violet, sometimes it looks blue, sometimes purple. Cool Carribean is definatly different than the rest!

I'd appreciate any input, thanks!
Marigold is NOTHING like Summer Sun, which was my first impression of it as well. I LOVE the Marigold, although it is similar to a cross between More Mustard and maybe Saffron. Lighter than Mustard, darker than Saffron.

Thyme looks like the Artichoke until you actually place them next to each other, then the Thyme definitely has a brown undertone.

Buckeroo Blue is darker than Brocade, I LOVE the Buckeroo! It's a darker gray based blue.

Now, the Cranberry.............I can't compare it to the Baroque anymore because I got rid of all of that when they reformulated the colors last year, but you may be close on that count.

The Violet is a very muted, grown up purple. Not as deep and vibrant as Eggplant.

The Caribbean speaks for itself!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I quickly rounded up some scraps, IN colors are on the left.
Attached Thumbnails
How different are the IN colors compared to orginals?-colors.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Thanks Valerie! You are right about the TT, it really does look brownish next to the Artichoke. Now, to decide which ones to order :-) Hmmm....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Opps, just noticed I have the cranberry and burgundy switched..........

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I myself am not impressed with any of the new in colors except Marigold. I can see myself buying this color to have on hand. Cranberry Crisp was the biggest disappointment for me--it looked so cool in the catalogs, but in real life, it's sort of boring and SO close to Bravo Burgandy. Just my 2 cents. I bought the assortment pack for this very reason. I wanted to check out all the colors first before I invested in a full pack of each. It's a good way to approach the new colors. And not such a big investment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm so excited about the violet and the carribean! Thanks so much for the side by side comparison. I definitely want a multi pack and will start with those two colors of ink, then I'll see how I like the others before investing in the ink.
Thanks soooooo much for the samples! I'm just so visual!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I am disappointed inthe new colors. They are all similar to extisting colors -- nothing new and different. That being said, I love the carribean. The color is gorgeous, it is one of my favorite colors and it goes great with alot of SU colors. I like the Marigold alot (it too goes great with other SU colors) but if you are on a budget, it is similar to mustard and summer sun. My big disappointment is cranberry. it is very brown like burgundy; it is not red enough and it is muddy. i have the other colors in paper. the thyme is browner than artichoke but VERY similar. the blue is similar to brocade and bordering; sort of a combo of each. i like the violet and will buy the ink pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #10  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Cranberry would be more red than it is.
Caribbean is a must buy - I will be stocking up for sure in June!
I thought those were the only two I would need ... but I'm getting Thyme, Violet, and Marigold!
Reply With Quote Likes