Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #7681  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,108 Likes on 880 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Morning everyone - looks as though Kelly and Jeanette have had too much weekend, or they are stranded in some airport....
The rain has passed here, we got a few very heavy showers and thunder yesterday, and now it's going to be just plain hot!! Yesterday we got to 29.4 degrees with the high humidity...

I am all caught up - until the end of Feb with my cards, and got my embroidery round robin done for next month too... Pity about the gardens, they are rocketing away with weeds in this weather.
Tomorrow is surgery day, so today I pack... An overnight bag and my case for a week with my brother and SIL while my arm is splinted. I should be able to keep up with the chat even if I don't reply for a day or so.

Love n hugs from Down Under
Sending good vibes and lots of hugs for an easy surgery and quick recovery! Hope it all goes well.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2018, 05:10 AM   #7682  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,541 Posts

Good Morning SCS Friends! We did get about 5 inches of snow yesterday, but it will probably not last long as we are to have temps in the high 40's on Friday!

I get to spend the day in the stamp room after I make a quick run to the UPS store this morning--I cannot wait to get inky! Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2018, 05:11 AM   #7683  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Maxine--sending prayers and hugs for you today. I hope everything goes well!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2018, 06:00 AM   #7684  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hello friends - yes, I'm back! Barb did a great job of filling in details so let me just add that she is an amazing hostess! And makes a great latte in the morning, too!

Maxine, hugs!

It was GREAT fun - lots of surprises! (Shelly! Terri!) and meeting up at Gina K's - what a store! And some snow - not a lot - I guess I brought the sunshine and then took it home - very little snow left and a lot after I was gone, LOL! Such a great time, and a dream come true to meet the gals in real life!

The first morning, I went on a walk about because the snow was so little and almost gone but as you can see, I did just fine!

Then it was lunch, church set up, stamp camp, lots of cards and laughs! I wish I lived closer to do this morning often! Such an amazing group of friends! It was hard to leave but my family missed me terribly - even Buddy, the dog TSA is NOT my friend! They went all through my bag on the way home due to 'suspicious blocks' and pulled it all apart - turned out to be all my Whipper Snapper wooden stamps I bought, LOL! And the SU stamps in the clamshell - they even tried to pry the rubber from the block! Okay then! I did get 3 new starbucks city mugs for my collection - YAY! Those airport layovers were awesome!

Great fun was had by all!

Lunch out on the first day - yummy little cafe! Barb, Carol, myself and Darlene!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2018, 06:02 AM   #7685  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Gina K:

Jeanette arrived the next day! So this is us, sharing The Project Bin's goodies!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2018, 04:25 AM   #7686  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends!

We do have a pair of cardinals that come to our feeders on the deck and they look beautiful with the white background. Have a Terrific Thursday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2018, 12:21 PM   #7687  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Hello friends - yes, I'm back! Barb did a great job of filling in details so let me just add that she is an amazing hostess! And makes a great latte in the morning, too!

Maxine, hugs!

It was GREAT fun - lots of surprises! (Shelly! Terri!) and meeting up at Gina K's - what a store! And some snow - not a lot - I guess I brought the sunshine and then took it home - very little snow left and a lot after I was gone, LOL! Such a great time, and a dream come true to meet the gals in real life!

The first morning, I went on a walk about because the snow was so little and almost gone but as you can see, I did just fine!

Then it was lunch, church set up, stamp camp, lots of cards and laughs! I wish I lived closer to do this morning often! Such an amazing group of friends! It was hard to leave but my family missed me terribly - even Buddy, the dog TSA is NOT my friend! They went all through my bag on the way home due to 'suspicious blocks' and pulled it all apart - turned out to be all my Whipper Snapper wooden stamps I bought, LOL! And the SU stamps in the clamshell - they even tried to pry the rubber from the block! Okay then! I did get 3 new starbucks city mugs for my collection - YAY! Those airport layovers were awesome!

Great fun was had by all!

Lunch out on the first day - yummy little cafe! Barb, Carol, myself and Darlene!

That is so crazy about how TSA treated you. I've never had an issue with them, but I remember years ago, some of the Copic instructors had their pens confiscated by TSA because they had liquid in them.

Glad you had a fun time with all the ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #7688  
Quacker Stamper

Well, sad news. My laptop did not survive. The display screen died and could not be revived without major surgery and sending it back to the manufacturer. Since it was a number of years old I decided that I'd rather get a new one than mess around fixing this and fixing that on the old one costing me big $$ and I'll probably still have to get a new one soon enough.

I did some research online and had talked to one of the Geek guys when I picked up my laptop about some recommendations. I picked out the one I wanted and then just went to Best Buy at lunch yesterday and bought it. I was lucky. It had a discount. I didn't know until after I left the store that it didn't have a drive for CD/DVD's in the laptop, so I had to go back to the store after work and get one of those so I could install some of my software including my printer driver. Then when I got it out of the box, I found out that it only one 1 USB port. That is not going to work for me, so I looked that up and found that they have USB Hubs. It's a block of USB ports that you plug into your USB port and then you have more of them. I got one that had 4, so I'll see if that will be enough.

I brought my old laptop to the office yesterday and had our IT guy hook it up to a monitor so I could see the screen and log in and backup all my data that I needed onto my external hard drive. I was able to get some of that restored on to the new laptop last night. I worked for 5 hours on it. He also told me how to export my bookmarks from my old laptop so I could restore them on my new laptop so I wouldn't lose anything. Yeah!

The new one also has a touch screen and the hinges so you can use it as a tablet. It's pretty thin and lighter than my other one. I'm still getting used to it. I'll see how I do with it at school tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2018, 12:41 PM   #7689  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie, it's okay - all for the greater good, I'm thiinking. Though it was bizarre!!!
We laughed about it when I got home - oh those stamps, such trouble makers!

Sorry to hear about your laptop! :(

Barb, I saw a cardinal on my walk about at your house - as I told you when I was there

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2018, 04:06 PM   #7690  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 341 Likes on 227 Posts

Thanks for all your support regarding the surgery - it never happened!!! The two before me both had complications and took longer than scheduled, so being last on the list I got bumped :-( Family had to come up to Hamilton to pick me up... they made the most of the trip and bought take aways and we ate them at a lovely cool spot... temperatures were up near 30 oC (86 oF) with high humidity!! and are again today...
I got back here about 9:15 p.m., and simple unpacked the essentials and fell into bed. Now I had better go and unpack the rest and wait for a re-booking.
All very character building, so I consoled myself with some new stamping magazines with stamps attached this morning when I went to buy some groceries :-)

Waving to you from a hot and humid down under
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2018, 04:08 PM   #7691  
Hardware Hotshot

Ohg, and I have just read that we are under a severe thunderstorm watch - again. Fun!! At least if it happens I won't have to water the gardens :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2018, 10:31 PM   #7692  
Hardware Hotshot

The temperature peaked at 31.7 oC - 89 oF, and now we have had the promised thunderstorm, and rain, which means I don't have to water the garden :-).

I hid in my studio with the aircon on it was so hot, and did get a card made - it was very thereputic after the last 24 hours :-)

Hugs to you all from Down Under
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 03:34 AM   #7693  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time in the snow - shopping - and just being together! That's great!!

Maxine, I must have missed something somewhere (feature that!) but I didn't realize you were going to have any kind of surgery! Hope everything is ok though. Sorry you had it postponed but hopefully you'll get it done soon. I'll be thinking about you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 04:32 AM   #7694  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,078 Likes on 3,946 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I have read the chatter but will not make comments, as it would be a novel that would probably bore most of you silly.

I had a great trip - first, I got to hang out with six other SCS'ers at Barb's house and at Stamp Camp. WOW!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!!! What an amazing time! Then I spent a couple of days with my DS before heading back to my state for a 3-day conference. Brock and DH met me there so we've had a good few days together. We got home last night and I managed to unpack my car full of stuff before crawling into bed. LOL! Today I will climb Mt. Laundry! Tomorrow we'll pack DH's stuff for his trip to the Dominican Republic. And I leave on my next trip (a 2-day one) in 9 days. Life is never - ever - boring. ;)

DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 04:33 AM   #7695  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! There is not much on my agenda today or for the weekend--YAY for me! I hope you have an awesome weekend too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 04:33 AM   #7696  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Welcome Home Jeanette--we did have a few laughs!

Praying for round 2 for Maxine!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 05:04 AM   #7697  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks Barb... for everything (plus the welcome home). You are an amazing hostess!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 10:12 AM   #7698  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
Thanks for all your support regarding the surgery - it never happened!!! The two before me both had complications and took longer than scheduled, so being last on the list I got bumped :-( Family had to come up to Hamilton to pick me up... they made the most of the trip and bought take aways and we ate them at a lovely cool spot... temperatures were up near 30 oC (86 oF) with high humidity!! and are again today...
I got back here about 9:15 p.m., and simple unpacked the essentials and fell into bed. Now I had better go and unpack the rest and wait for a re-booking.
All very character building, so I consoled myself with some new stamping magazines with stamps attached this morning when I went to buy some groceries :-)

Waving to you from a hot and humid down under
Sorry you got bumped for your surgery. So frustrating when you're all ready for it and it doesn't happen.

HAHA! Good going on the consolation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #7699  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

I have read the chatter but will not make comments, as it would be a novel that would probably bore most of you silly.

I had a great trip - first, I got to hang out with six other SCS'ers at Barb's house and at Stamp Camp. WOW!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!!! What an amazing time! Then I spent a couple of days with my DS before heading back to my state for a 3-day conference. Brock and DH met me there so we've had a good few days together. We got home last night and I managed to unpack my car full of stuff before crawling into bed. LOL! Today I will climb Mt. Laundry! Tomorrow we'll pack DH's stuff for his trip to the Dominican Republic. And I leave on my next trip (a 2-day one) in 9 days. Life is never - ever - boring. ;)

You are certainly our world traveler! Glad you had lots of fun on this trip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #7700  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post

Good Morning SCS Friends! There is not much on my agenda today or for the weekend--YAY for me! I hope you have an awesome weekend too!
I don't have much on my calendar this weekend. I was supposed to go out with a friend tomorrow night, but we are supposed to be getting some bad weather, so I'm thinking I will cancel that and reschedule. Besides, I haven't been feeling so hot this week - throat is so dry and gets irritated. I'm thinking it's a good weekend to order groceries online and not go out.

Now that I have this great new computer, I need to do some work on my blog - like uploading some cards. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #7701  
Quacker Stamper

Boss has left to go out of town. I'm planning to leave here in a little over an hour.

I'm waiting to hear from a GF about one of my projects for class and then I can finish up both the Math and Religion classes for this week.

I still have work to do getting files back on the new laptop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 10:37 AM   #7702  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Fri-YAY! got the kid to school with a huge diorama he's been working on (all I could see in my head was Diary of a Wimpy Kid and him tripping and ruining that entire set he's worked on for a month!) He did a set from a scene in romeo and juliette - modern day. His Romeo is playing the Xbox and talking and texting on a cellphone - ROFL!

Then to college to drop off my daughter, then a couple of stores - picked up some dies on clearance at Hobby Lobby and back home briefly to walk dogs, throw in laundry and plan dinner - for all of us and the boyfriend/fiances, so 2 extras!

Tomorrow is a boy scout ceremony in Ft. Lauderdale = which is quite a drive - so we'll have lunch and shop while we are up there, too.

Welcome home, Jeanette!

Maxine, aw shucks!!! THat's too bad about your surgery being pushed back. I always say there is a reason - as hard as it is to be waiting and ready then have it not happen, there must have been a WHY
Glad you found your stamp magazines!

Maggie, I don't envy you with all the file transfers - but hope you enjoy the rest of your class projects!

Hugs all around!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2018, 09:46 PM   #7703  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hi

Popping in to say hello! We have had a busy week, and look forward to the weekend- no big plans : ) I have cards to get done and next month's ATC theme is collage- that is a hard one for me to tackle...... Our bible study has a ton of reading- I did not get it all done, so need to catch up on that as well. Ray is doing better than I am keeping up! It is awesome! We are learning alot!

The watercolor project for this week is also interesting- a Zebra, but the teacher has chosen complimentary colors with a neutral for them in the center- so colorful Zebras..... We do not have to do her project, but I want to learn the lessons- maybe one day when I have improved a bit....(clearing throat)!

I also want to try foiling again- got some background papers at Gina K to foil- Barb gave me a tip to really warm up the laminator before trying it.

Feeling a bit tired- sleeping alot! And achy, so hoping I am warding off whatever it is!

Maxine so sorry about your surgery being cancelled- hoping they get you in and re-done ASAP! Thankful for your rain to relieve humidity and for you NOT to have to water your lawn too.

Maggie- Ugg on the computer- and having to transfer over all of the files. Sounds like you are on top of it and getting it done- lucky for you to get help from your IT guys!

Kelly- it would be a cute pic to see that diorama! Bet the teachers get a kick out of the kids creativity too. Enjoy dinner - I sure miss those days of family dinners : ) And game nights.

Have a great weekend all! Jeanette, hope you get the mountain down to a foothill : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2018, 04:55 AM   #7704  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Happy Fri-YAY! got the kid to school with a huge diorama he's been working on (all I could see in my head was Diary of a Wimpy Kid and him tripping and ruining that entire set he's worked on for a month!) He did a set from a scene in romeo and juliette - modern day. His Romeo is playing the Xbox and talking and texting on a cellphone - ROFL!

Then to college to drop off my daughter, then a couple of stores - picked up some dies on clearance at Hobby Lobby and back home briefly to walk dogs, throw in laundry and plan dinner - for all of us and the boyfriend/fiances, so 2 extras!

Tomorrow is a boy scout ceremony in Ft. Lauderdale = which is quite a drive - so we'll have lunch and shop while we are up there, too.

Welcome home, Jeanette!

Maxine, aw shucks!!! THat's too bad about your surgery being pushed back. I always say there is a reason - as hard as it is to be waiting and ready then have it not happen, there must have been a WHY
Glad you found your stamp magazines!

Maggie, I don't envy you with all the file transfers - but hope you enjoy the rest of your class projects!

Hugs all around!
The diorama sounds interesting Kelly - modern Romeo!

Now that I have my USB Hub, the transfers will go much easier. I've got my Office working finally so I can do my class work. I have to use Word, Excel, and Power Point this semester.

Planning to do online grocery shopping, getting house organized, and maybe some work in the stamp room. I'm going to try to do the Christmas Card Challenge this year. I had been working on some already before I signed up and all 3 of them can be used for the January challenge. Now just to get them all posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2018, 04:58 AM   #7705  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Late check in here... been trying to get Mt. Laundry under control and doing some other things to in anticipation of DH's packing and impending trip. Busy morning and it's not yet 8:00. Whew!

Today there are trips to the bank, store, and card club, too! Plus that packing and finishing the laundry. I'm a tad behind because Brock and I decided to go to the small city with DH (he had a hospital visit to make) to see what deals we could find at Hobby Lobby, since I've been hearing of some awesome clearance prices. Ours had NOTHING! But we had a good time in town, all the same.

Maggie, I'm glad you're getting things on your list accomplished. I wouldn't even know where to start to set up a new computer. EEK! When we buy a new one we pay the store to transfer the data for us. (insert embarrassed face)

Kelly, the school project sounds amazing. I'm sure your DS did a great job with it and his teacher was surely impressed!

Shelly, oh no! Please rest and take care of yourself. There is so much sickness this year!

Waving to Barb, Maxine, and the others!

SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #7706  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, friends, prayer request for my MIL :( She's back in the hospital, taken by ambulance, after coming home after a 16 day hospital stay. She was going to dialysis for her kidneys for 4 hours a day. Not sure what's going on but she was completely passed out :( My DD was hysterical. it hurts my heart.

Scouts was fine today - the weather is gorgeous here . So breezy! It was a dedication to a ceremony at a school for children specializing in autism. My heart smiled ♥ Met politicians and shook hands 'with the brass' as my dad would always say. DS held the American Flag but no pictures (what's up with that - the newspaper was there, taking pictures!)

I was going to try to organize today - I scored on that DEEP clearance sale going on at Hobby Lobby and bought a bunch of things - some wish list items of mine, some for friends. But now I'm thinking I'll sit back with my 'Bux and read or maybe write. Or color. To be decided!!

Wishing you all a great Saturday ♥

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #7707  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Well, friends, prayer request for my MIL :( She's back in the hospital, taken by ambulance, after coming home after a 16 day hospital stay. She was going to dialysis for her kidneys for 4 hours a day. Not sure what's going on but she was completely passed out :( My DD was hysterical. it hurts my heart.

Scouts was fine today - the weather is gorgeous here . So breezy! It was a dedication to a ceremony at a school for children specializing in autism. My heart smiled ♥ Met politicians and shook hands 'with the brass' as my dad would always say. DS held the American Flag but no pictures (what's up with that - the newspaper was there, taking pictures!)

I was going to try to organize today - I scored on that DEEP clearance sale going on at Hobby Lobby and bought a bunch of things - some wish list items of mine, some for friends. But now I'm thinking I'll sit back with my 'Bux and read or maybe write. Or color. To be decided!!

Wishing you all a great Saturday ♥
Sorry to hear about your DD's future MIL. I hope that they can help her and she can get back home soon.

That's strange that you weren't allowed to take photos. Maybe it was because the news photographer was taking photos and they didn't want a lot of flashes going off at the same time. Nice that you could have some quiet "me" time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2018, 09:45 PM   #7708  
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry Kelly - your MIL or DD's MIL-to- be???

Hot and humid here, another 89 oF day, and the thunder has been rumbling for close on 2 hours - it has just started raining, so that has cooled things a bit. I spent the afternoon in the studio with the aircon on!!

Hugs and waves from Down Under
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 01:45 AM   #7709  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Kelly... continued prayers... how is DD's future MIL doing now? Any improvement. That stinks about not being able to take pictures. Downright cruel.

Hi Maggie... how are you doing? I hope you had a good weekend!

Hi Maxine... I hope the rains cooled the temperatures a bit. We had a gorgeous day yesterday. I didn't even wear a coat to church. Bliss!

Waving to everyone else!

SaveSave
SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 04:45 AM   #7710  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I have stamp class this morning and I am also stopping at Hobby Lobby to see if I can find any of the great, clearance deals. I was there last week and they had about half of the wood stamps clearanced priced--but nothing else. Hoping they have more today! I hope you have a Marvelous Monday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 07:07 PM   #7711  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hello too all!

Nothing much new here- just stamping and stamping the last few days! In the past month, we have had alot of deaths- mostly friends loved ones- one friend- his dad died, one friend- his wife died- long battle with kidneydisease, at PT- therapist MIL died and receptionist's dad died (young). Overnight Sunday, my nephew (hubby's side) lost his MIL- her house exploded at 3:30AM. Sad and awful! My nephew is just beyond himself!

I took my ESL student to get an ultrasound of her heart (aka echocardiogram) today, and her insurance was not active ??? so, I took her to the grocery store. We looked at fruit, veg's meat, etc..... and I got my little bit of shopping done too. She is so sweet! The World Relief people , hopefully, will get right on it and get it fixed! In the store, she was pushing the cart- not something she is used too.... it was not overly hard, but not too easy either..... She was working at a food packing plant- and the girls still do- so it was interesting for her to see how the meat was packaged and displayed. I think her girls do most of the grocery shopping. She is so very engaging with others and smiles alot. (she is beautiful and her 2 girls are as well).

Tomorrow, I will attend an end of life talk at church. There were so many people interested they had to open up a second session. It will be good to hear the info, as I am Mom's POA for health care. If anyone ever asks you to do this, say no! I learned the hard way when Dad died- this is a very hard job!

I do not know HOW to fry food- I bake or broil everything (or grill in the summertime). So, we had a teach Shelly to make Fried Chicken tonight. It went well and Ray really enjoyed it. LOL It seems as if it should be easy.....

Waving hello to all! Off to get Mom in bed!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 04:59 AM   #7712  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 05:35 AM   #7713  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Inky Friends! I started to organize the cards for the Caffeine Swap that I hope to start swapping this afternoon--and plan to be postal tomorrow! When that is done, I get to play in the stamp room!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 05:54 AM   #7714  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning, friends! Time keeps sneaking up on me and I'm scrambling to get so much done in a short time, but blessed to be able to keep on scramblin! I'm at an appt with Victoria and hoping we get out quick - I left my phone at home!

Thank you for the prayers for dd's MIL - she's back home again. She is a mess, poor lady. Her dialysis started well, but ended badly - in the ER but they have given her a good prognosis. Friends! GET YOUR FLU SHOT! This was a direct result of that flu going around - she got so sick, so badly dehydrated, and went to the ER - TWICE - for tx and like you've probably read on the news, they said you have the flu go home. She ended up so badly dehydrated and so sick, she went into kidney failure. The dr told her she would get better - eventually - but it's a rough road right now. Thank you prayer warriors!

Tomorrow I'm signed up to help with drama auditions for the new incoming students - should be fun! 3 hours of students being nervous and us slinging pizza and chips and soda - not my idea, lol, but fundraising is fun-raising

Waving to all ♥

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 05:57 AM   #7715  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Have fun in the stamp room, Barb!

Kelly, I'm glad DD's future MIL is back home. Thanks for the update. I'll continue to pray!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 02:40 AM   #7716  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 04:33 AM   #7717  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--Happy Smoochy Day!

I did not get into the stamp room yesterday, as it took most of the day to sort, swap and package up the Caffeine Cards! They are all ready to go to the Post Office this morning. BUT--today will be spent in the stamp room--for sure! I hope you have a wonderful and fantastic and great Hump Day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 10:15 AM   #7718  
Hardware Hotshot

Yay, Smoochy!! Thank you Barb, you found him.

I have been frantically trying to keep up with the gardens, as the hot weather and thunderstorms have everything growing like crazy... including the weeds!! Nearly there, again .

Managed to do a bit of a catch-up around the blogs last night, and with rain today I should get some stamping time. That said things have been so hot that some afternoons all I could do was retreat to the studio with the air-con on so - glad we put a unit out there!!

I have sort of kept up with the thread and know that Kelly's DD's extended family is on the mend - that 'flu sounds terrible, that Barb is heading to here room today to get inky after swapping caffeine between who knows how many people, that Jeanette is still/back on the road, and alternates that life with climbing Mt Laundry.... Shelly is spinning, trying to keep up with Kelly, Kristie has popped in, as has Lynne - always great to see you both - and Darlene and Kel are still there but shy and not showing their beautiful faces.

Hugs and waves to you from Down Under
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 07:13 PM   #7719  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi!

Hello to all! Maxine- you are so right! You have summed up the group perfectly!

My next creative challenge is to make collage ATCs- not an easy task- like making a CAS card- nothing simple about it! LOL

In watercolor class, we learned about one and two point perspective. We are painting a barn this week. The two poing perspective tells us how to make the lines for the building in the right perspective/angles..... Very interesting : ) My Mom and my husband both grew up on farms, so I am going to look and see if I can find any pictures of the barns on their farms and make it more personal.

The week is flying by! Hope the weekend is here soon. Hubby golfs each year with college buddies- the Sat of the Superbowl weekend. Some years, they are out shoveling snow- they use orange golf balls.... So, Mom and I have Saturday to ourselves. We will go to ATC exchange in the afternoon and a play Sat night. My sister is going to take her home with her and bring her back on Tuesday. My hubby needs a break!

We are heading to a wake again on Friday night- 1 1/2 hours away-my nephews Mil was killed in a fire.... That is Sympathy card # 6 for Jan....hope we do not have to make any more for a while!!!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2018, 04:07 AM   #7720  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Barb, thank you for sharing Smoochy yesterday!

Maxine, I love your overview of the group!

Shelly, I'm sorry to hear of the need for so many sympathy cards. (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes