Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-17-2017, 06:54 AM   #7521  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,101 Likes on 876 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post

Happy Fri-yay! We are rollin into the weekend!

For me, I have the house to myself! My dh is going to his work Christmas party and no spouses/sig others can attend which is PERFECT in my eyes, lol! My son leaves for 3 day Scout camp, and my daughters are either at work or on a date! So it's just me, the pups, the new kitty, and my christmas carols and new crafty toys (still in packages from Black Friday!) What a rare treat!

Shelly, sounds like you are juggling a bit of everything! It sounds magical - especially the watercoloring class! How is Ray? Healing? Big hugs all around! And a fridge - alone, from the Fed Ex folk? That's crazy!!

Hi Jeanette! Hi Barb - hope you get the car up and running - or driving - and enjoy your time with friends!

Big hugs!
That's strange that your DHs work doesn't invite spouses or so's to their holiday party. I was actually all set to go to our firm's Christmas party this year (I don't always go), and then I got sick, so I wasn't able to make it.

A new kitty?????? When did that happen? What's it look like? What's its name? boy? girl?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2017, 06:57 AM   #7522  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
Check in.......all is well here I suppose. Thanksgiving was five full days of kids and their families in and out. My daughter and her girls came Tuesday. Shopped Wednesday. Mu brother and his family and then Jim's oldest son and his family (along with my daugher etc.) were fed. Friday, my son and his crew came in. Lots of kids running around and fun. Saturday, my daughter and her girls and my son and his family all left. Then Jim's youngest son and his family showed up. We were more than ready to stand on the porch and wave bye to everyone. LOL! Lots of activity when you're used to being by yourselves. Had a great time though. Christmas will be very low keyed since everyone was here for Thanksgiving.
We're doing ok and still plugging along - slowly but surely.
Hope everyone is doing good.
Sounds like you did have house full. Glad you got to see everyone. Thanksgiving is our big family time with my sis and all her family. I really enjoy that the years that I am here in town.

I'm having Christmas today with my DD and family here. They are coming to my house. I'm making a Vegetarian Cobbler for our dinner. I also have a recipe for Smashed Baked Potatoes that I'm going to try to make this afternoon after church. Since I'm still having issues with sitting for very long, I'm only going to stay at church for Sacrament meeting which is an hour. I also made my Banana Bread Brownies and have ice cream to go with it as well as some individual apple pies. I hope they came out good. Not sure if they will want apple pie, but it is an alternative. If not, that's okay. I'll have them for the coming week.

I leave for California on Saturday and will be gone until the following Saturday. Then I have 2 days off before I go back to work on January 2.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2017, 07:01 AM   #7523  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Lynn, that is alot of crazy when you are used to living by yourself!

Barb- glad you are starting to feel better!

Kelly- have a fun weekend. And, did you say cat?

Jeanette- what are you doing while hubby is gone? Besides making cards- you are really geting alot accomplished!

I ran out to pick up Christmas cards yesterday and they were totally screwed up. I had to reorder them- decided to go with another vendor...so will not get them until next Tuesday 12/22-appproxxxxxx Oh well......I will try to get them out ASAP once they arrive.

I had a cancel from my ESL student today, stayed up until 1AM prepping...... Oh well, I will be ready for next week.

Ran an errand, then came home and had lunch with hubby- just the two of us : ) Then, ran to church at 3.

Our neighbor is a doctor -had to retire 2 yrs ago d/t Alzheimers. I think he is 65-67ish now. He has gone really downhill the last few days. Yesterday, he went out in just a sweatshirt and a knit hat, and could not figure out where his house is. He tried getting into another families home and they called the police. In the meantime, another neighbor saw him wandering and picked him up. I was getting mom into my sis' car, and a police car pulled up-looking for him.... geepers-how crazy. I was able to get hold of his wife at work, and let the police know he was found and is safe.
Anyway, after Day Care today, we gave him a ride home. He had no idea which house was his, so he followed Mom and Ray in our house. He was so mixed up. I let his wife know, and took him home to let his dog out. He wanted to stay home- wanted to go to sleep. She said leave him there- alone. He is usually tired after day care and falls asleep. Pretty scary to know he is home alone and in that mental state. He has gone downhill really suddenly, so sad. His wife made it home at 6, and let me know he is doing fine- sleeping. Drama/relief.

Tonight watching TV - chilling : )

We may drive up to my sisters on Sunday- she is having a procedure on Monday and may need a driver. Then, I can also drop by and take her to see my Aunt.

Hope everyone has a fab weekend!

Shelly
That is so sad about your neighbor, not only for what he is going through, but that he is left alone all day. I wonder if he knows to eat while his wife is gone. We went through that with my mom before she came down here and lived with my sis for a few years before we had to have her go to a nursing home where she could be cared for. Also, a good friend from church is going through the same thing. She was lucky that another lady from church is a nurse and was able to be her caregiver. Neither of these people could be left alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2017, 07:05 AM   #7524  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Here's Finny!

OMG! She is so adorable! She looks a bit like my Maggie Mae.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (35.1 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2017, 07:06 AM   #7525  
Quacker Stamper

I did something a little different on Friday. I had some comp time and didn't think that I'd get to leave work early, so I decided to take the time in the morning and go into the office late. So I got up at 6 and got ready. Then I went to the grocery store at 8 and got it done, home and put the cold things away and then went to work. Got there about 10:30 and still had an hour left over at the end of the day. I left only about 15 minutes early from work.

I didn't have to go out to do any errands yesterday so I was able to get the house cleaned up, the brownies made and spend time wrapping all the gifts that I needed for today. Then I worked on addressing cards while watching White Christmas. That ended late about midnight, but I was able to sleep until 7 this morning so it worked out okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #7526  
Quacker Stamper

So happy to be finally done with the first semester of school. Not sure exactly what I expected, but it turned out to be more than I thought it was going to be. I did the final exam on Wednesday. We had a practice exam we could take as often as we wanted before doing the final. I worked on that on Tuesday. There were 102 questions on the practice and it took me 4 hours. Needless to say, I only did that once. The final only had 35 questions, so didn't take quite as long to get through.

We had a nice class on Thursday. Most everyone brought something to share so after we had a shortened class, we enjoyed food and visiting with each other. Next semester is Math, so I'll be happy to see that. Math is my forte. There aren't any essays or reports to write for Math. One of the other girls and I wholeheartedly agreed - no essays or discussion questions! One of the other girls wants to get together over the break. I told her it would have to be that week before we start school again, so I'll try to work something out with her. I kind of pass where she lives on my way home from work, so maybe we can meet somewhere for dinner.

My kitties are doing somewhat better. Petunia has been leaving Maggie alone for the most part. Every so often Maggie slips into my room before I close the door and I'll let her stay. I have been sleeping better since school has been done. Not sure if it is that or the Ambien that I'm taking. It's been helping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2017, 03:17 AM   #7527  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,047 Likes on 3,921 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh my goodness, Kelly... Finny is beautiful! And so fortunate to have a fur-ever home now with you and your loving clan!

Maggie, no, alas, our DD will not be here this year for Christmas. I hope she does okay. I'm glad your semester is behind you now. Sounds like it was a bit frustrating and/or disappointing, since it wasn't what you expected it to be. I do hope you learned some worthwhile things!

Waving to everyone else as I dash through.

SaveSave
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2017, 04:40 AM   #7528  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,348 Likes on 2,527 Posts

Good Morning!

I had a great weekend. We had a very nice visit Friday Night with our friends from Madison and a long, relaxing Saturday. Yesterday we went for a brunch before going to see the Christmas Carol and it was a great meal, especially being free as Rebecca won a gift certificate from a United Way drawing at her work. We also did a bit of Christmas shopping as the restaurant was at a mall and stopped at another one on the way home. I am feeling much better today and I do plan to spend time in the stamp room--Yay for Me!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #7529  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Waving to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2017, 09:57 AM   #7530  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Maggie! Finny is a hoot - especially when she gets into that zoomie stage where she spring 900 mph through the house! She has the some of the same colorings as your Maggie Mae, how sweet!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2017, 11:26 PM   #7531  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 338 Likes on 225 Posts

Hi fellow addicts. I have been reading the thread so I am up on the news

Kelly is being terrified by a cat that goes Zombie - sounds familiar!!! Tinker still does that quite regularly

Maggie sounds as though the worst of the shingles have cleared and is relieved that school is out for her too!!

Jeanette has been partying and travelling and I think she may be home now until after Christmas, but missing her DD who is not coming south for the festivities

Barb has been travelling and conferencing and partying, oh, and stamping!!

Lynn popped in after being peopled out over a very long Thanksgiving

Darlene is still not around, Kristie said hi and Kel has not popped up in a while either.

See, I think I got it all :-)

Life here has slowed slightly and I don't feel quite so dizzy - school is 'out' now for 6 weeks and all the end of year functions are done and dusted - it got a bit crazy there for a while trying to keep up with all their end of year happenings!! I have a dinner tomorrow, and then it's a clear run to THE DAY!! I hope.

i have been around all the gardens, some of which have had no loving for a year or more, so they are all looking wonderful, but with the warmth and rain we have had, the weeds are trying to make a comeback. I am eating lettuce, peas, kale, broccoli and zucchinis from my garden, and my roses are blooming well too.

I have washed curtains, and the next project, after Christmas, will be to clean the blinds... yuk. I have been crafting a heap and am able to get back to blogging now my world seems a bit more under control.

Hugs to you all from down under
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 02:22 AM   #7532  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maxine, yep... you summed it up about right. ;) Oh, and DD isn't going anywhere, apparently. She was supposed to fly to Anchorage yesterday - flight canceled. In fact, so was the heat and lighting. Her little village had a power outage (ALL DAY LONG) due to high winds and lots of snow. She kept warm, she said, by snuggling her big 4-legged guy Hagrid.

Kelly, it's hilarious how cats can spring to life, isn't it? Your Finny sounds precious!

Barb, I'm glad you had a good weekend... and are feeling better now! YAY!!!

Well, I had a great day shopping yesterday - I have finished! Tomorrow or Thursday I will go to our local grocery store and get the fresh stuff, but other than that I think I'm through. Today I plan to wrap the gifts I purchased yesterday and also need to do some organizing of the stocking stuffers to make sure I didn't forget something (or have some gaps.) I also hope to make a card or two today.

What's everybody else up to???

SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 04:27 AM   #7533  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I am headed to the dentist this morning and then a few errands--including a massage--yay for me! This is a great week to have one and it has been many months since I have had one. Have a Terrific Tuesday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 08:21 AM   #7534  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

Oh my goodness, Kelly... Finny is beautiful! And so fortunate to have a fur-ever home now with you and your loving clan!

Maggie, no, alas, our DD will not be here this year for Christmas. I hope she does okay. I'm glad your semester is behind you now. Sounds like it was a bit frustrating and/or disappointing, since it wasn't what you expected it to be. I do hope you learned some worthwhile things!

Waving to everyone else as I dash through.

SaveSave
Thanks Jeanette. The class was not a waste, I did learn a lot and have a lot to think about too for next year. It was just terribly frustrating with so much reading and writing which is not my forte.

Sorry DD won't be with you for the holiday. I'm sure she has lots of friends there that she will be able to celebrate with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 08:22 AM   #7535  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thank you, Maggie! Finny is a hoot - especially when she gets into that zoomie stage where she spring 900 mph through the house! She has the some of the same colorings as your Maggie Mae, how sweet!
My Petunia is like that - zooms around the house like the devil is chasing her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #7536  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Good Morning--I am headed to the dentist this morning and then a few errands--including a massage--yay for me! This is a great week to have one and it has been many months since I have had one. Have a Terrific Tuesday!
Hope the dentist is just for a cleaning.

Ahhh. . . massage sounds so good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #7537  
Quacker Stamper

Maxine, your garden sounds so good. Nice to have all those fresh veggies to munch on.

It's been great to be able to go home and not have any school work to do. I'm enjoying that while I can. I plan to start doing my packing tonight so I don't have it all at the last minute. The weather is supposed to be 70's/40's there so I have to pack for cooler weather and decide on what to take so things go together. It's supposed to be cold here Saturday morning when I leave, so I'll have to have a coat with me. I probably will go ahead and take my computer. I'm sure my DD will have to be doing some work while I'm there. I also want to take either some pencils or copic markers and a coloring book
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #7538  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Maggie, yes! She gets this spurt of craziness and just flies around the house, knocking into everything. And when the lazer pointer comes out - holy CATman! LOL!

But yesterday I caught her in the Christmas tree . For the second time. Not under. IN. Like half way up the trunk!!! I got her out as it started to tip, squealing for dd's boyfriend (who just HAPPENED to be near by the grace of God) to grab the tree. She was having a grand time - came out smelling like pine and sap in her fur, just meowing like she'd found heaven's gates! Oh me oh my.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #7539  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, today was fun. A busy BUSY day! Started off with my car breaking down - sigh. Came home screaching and banging (dh said park it, looked it at it, and said something about power steering ..... greek to me!) SANTA please bring me a new car!!!!!!!!!

I spent a good hour cashing in all of the gift certificates I've been blessed to win in the past 2 months - 4! Each was $25-$50 for varied companies and now my heart - and mailbox - are overflowing ♥

DD19 decided she wanted to go shopping and to lunch today so we got my Jeep out
We spent 6 hours total! Including at the malls - two different ones. Aside from traffic being a beast (but that's all the time anyway), the stores were empty, no lines, no waiting. What a treat! Dinner was the kids at Red Robin, me sipping a nutella macchiato from my favorite french pastry shop and what a nice night to CHILL

What a total turn around of a day to night.

Hugs all around!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #7540  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, yes! She gets this spurt of craziness and just flies around the house, knocking into everything. And when the lazer pointer comes out - holy CATman! LOL!

But yesterday I caught her in the Christmas tree . For the second time. Not under. IN. Like half way up the trunk!!! I got her out as it started to tip, squealing for dd's boyfriend (who just HAPPENED to be near by the grace of God) to grab the tree. She was having a grand time - came out smelling like pine and sap in her fur, just meowing like she'd found heaven's gates! Oh me oh my.
LOL! Of course a tree is meant to be climbed! Glad DD's BF was able to save it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #7541  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Well, today was fun. A busy BUSY day! Started off with my car breaking down - sigh. Came home screaching and banging (dh said park it, looked it at it, and said something about power steering ..... greek to me!) SANTA please bring me a new car!!!!!!!!!

I spent a good hour cashing in all of the gift certificates I've been blessed to win in the past 2 months - 4! Each was $25-$50 for varied companies and now my heart - and mailbox - are overflowing ♥

DD19 decided she wanted to go shopping and to lunch today so we got my Jeep out
We spent 6 hours total! Including at the malls - two different ones. Aside from traffic being a beast (but that's all the time anyway), the stores were empty, no lines, no waiting. What a treat! Dinner was the kids at Red Robin, me sipping a nutella macchiato from my favorite french pastry shop and what a nice night to CHILL

What a total turn around of a day to night.

Hugs all around!
Glad to hear the ending was much better than the beginning. What???? Where was everyone? Do they all have their shopping done already?

My day went pretty quick. I was busy at the office so that was good for a change. I had an appointment for tithing settlement at church with my Bishop at 6:30 only he thought it was at 7, so he was late getting there. There was no one at the church until 6:55 and it was pretty creepy sitting out in my car. There are some lights in the parking lot, but it's still pretty dark out there.

Picked up around the house and now going to spend some time in my craft room. I really need to get it a little cleaned up so I can get back to creating. I need to get a card done for my DT before I leave on Saturday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #7542  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So, Barb... I hope the day went okay, though a trip to the dentist is never okay in my books!

Maggie, I'm glad the class was worthwhile. Thanks for your sweet words on my DD. She's alone with her four-legged guy... but hopes to be able to fly to a nearby village tomorrow. Monday's flights were canceled due to weather (blizzard), today's flight had no room for her. Tomorrow is to be windy (not good with those little planes) and snowy, too we'll see.

Kelly, I loved hearing about Ms.Finny's tree climbing. Sorry... I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but just thinking about her climbing up into the tree. Glad DD's BF was there to save the tree!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2017, 03:05 AM   #7543  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Rudolph is looking forward to Christmas,
are you?

SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #7544  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH friends, lookie lookie! I am so excited!! You can peek at my blog to see this most wonderful news - I'm over the moon thrilled!

*Sandcastle Stamper* : *Exciting news to share!*

LOL Maggie - not Christmas trees! hee hee! She's a hoot. SHe misses her mommy a lot (my daughter) when she's at work/school but it's par for the course. I play with her during the day and she's a gem. The Christmas tree, not so much!

Jeanette - any updates? I'm sure your dd will enjoy being with her bf's family for the holidays, but there's truly 'no place like home.' If wishes were a reality, how happy we'd be, right?

My daughter is officially 21!! We are on our LAST December birthday daughter - one more, that's Jesus' day We're going out to celebrate in a bit, including the tshirt and sash and crown and drinking cups and all that other embarrassing 'I'm LEGAL!" stuff!

Big hugs to all of you!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #7545  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,017 Likes on 870 Posts
Default Hi!

Christmas cards all addressed and in the P.O. out box as of now! Wahoo! I am hoping they arrive on time- only a couple 'over the pond' that for sure will be late ......

Stephi arrived home last PM- yeah. I was happy that a girl from Fairfax got a ride to Indiana with Stephi just a couple of hours from home. So glad she did not have that long long ride alone!

We still have very few ornaments on the tree. I wanted to wait to decorate together- get Stephi and I in the Christmas spirit : ) Yippee!!! We just have a few gifts to purchase- Christmas here with the girls and Mom. We will have Christmas as a family with Christ and Kayla in San Diego for New Years.

Family Christmas is 12/28. My sisters want to get together for dinner 12/24- which will be nice : ) Our Christmas calm, so far......

What is everyone here doing for Christmas?

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2017, 03:37 AM   #7546  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It's official... today is the first day of Winter!
Let the snow begin!

Congratulations Kelly! They gained a great member of the DT when they chose you! DD did get out of her village yesterday. She/we were surprised they flew... the weather was not really conducive to such things. And DD and her four-legged fellow both did not do well on the flight (both vomited). Sorry TMI. Those little planes just don't like wind. But thankfully, she didn't get stranded in her connecting village (if she had the BF would have come on a snow machine to get her)... and she made it safely to BF's family's home last night.

Shelly, I'm so glad Stephi made it home safely! Enjoy her visit!

SaveSave
SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2017, 05:00 AM   #7547  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends!

Happy First Day of Winter.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2017, 08:13 AM   #7548  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jeanette, that's awesome that your daughter was able to get out of the village! I'm sure it will be comforting to know that if she can't be home for the holidays, at least she's with his family. Aw that's too bad they were sick :(

And thank you! I could not be more ecstatic! I keep looking at my DT package and pinching myself - literally smitten ♥

Tomorrow is the LAST DAY of school! YAY!! This mom is excited! LOL! My son wants to skip school tomorrow. Half the teachers aren't even there this week - so each of the subs are saying "just stay quiet and play on your phones" ????? But I'm trying to keep the absences down. So I think I'll sign him in, sign him out. LOL! There you go.

The Starbucks line was 24 cars deep today! For a split second I almost turned around and went to another one. But then ... I'm no quitter! LOL!!!

Did get to some stores this morning at 8 am - no lines! (cuz they were all stuck in Starbucks - yay! Win/win!) I just heard yesterday that the Boy Scouts are having an impromptu Christmas party and gift exhange and we needed gifts - whaaaaat? I remember last year the White Elephant they were all clamoring for neck pillows (for those 3-5-15 hour away camp trips!) so I scooped up all of those. Unusual, but they have everything they need except those - at least they'll look adorable all slumped over drooling and snoring on each other. ROFL

Waving!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #7549  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcschmidtyView Post
Christmas cards all addressed and in the P.O. out box as of now! Wahoo! I am hoping they arrive on time- only a couple 'over the pond' that for sure will be late ......

Stephi arrived home last PM- yeah. I was happy that a girl from Fairfax got a ride to Indiana with Stephi just a couple of hours from home. So glad she did not have that long long ride alone!

We still have very few ornaments on the tree. I wanted to wait to decorate together- get Stephi and I in the Christmas spirit : ) Yippee!!! We just have a few gifts to purchase- Christmas here with the girls and Mom. We will have Christmas as a family with Christ and Kayla in San Diego for New Years.

Family Christmas is 12/28. My sisters want to get together for dinner 12/24- which will be nice : ) Our Christmas calm, so far......

What is everyone here doing for Christmas?

Shelly
I'm sure you are so happy to have Stephi home for the holiday. Have fun with the decorating. It is much more fun when you have someone to share it with.

I'm leaving for DD's in CA on Saturday morning. I hope the weather holds up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2017, 08:32 AM   #7550  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

It's official... today is the first day of Winter!
Let the snow begin!

Congratulations Kelly! They gained a great member of the DT when they chose you! DD did get out of her village yesterday. She/we were surprised they flew... the weather was not really conducive to such things. And DD and her four-legged fellow both did not do well on the flight (both vomited). Sorry TMI. Those little planes just don't like wind. But thankfully, she didn't get stranded in her connecting village (if she had the BF would have come on a snow machine to get her)... and she made it safely to BF's family's home last night.

Shelly, I'm so glad Stephi made it home safely! Enjoy her visit!

SaveSave
SaveSave
Oh, poor things. That must have been a wicked flight, but glad that they made it to BF's in one piece.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #7551  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

OH friends, lookie lookie! I am so excited!! You can peek at my blog to see this most wonderful news - I'm over the moon thrilled!

*Sandcastle Stamper* : *Exciting news to share!*

LOL Maggie - not Christmas trees! hee hee! She's a hoot. SHe misses her mommy a lot (my daughter) when she's at work/school but it's par for the course. I play with her during the day and she's a gem. The Christmas tree, not so much!

Jeanette - any updates? I'm sure your dd will enjoy being with her bf's family for the holidays, but there's truly 'no place like home.' If wishes were a reality, how happy we'd be, right?

My daughter is officially 21!! We are on our LAST December birthday daughter - one more, that's Jesus' day We're going out to celebrate in a bit, including the tshirt and sash and crown and drinking cups and all that other embarrassing 'I'm LEGAL!" stuff!

Big hugs to all of you!
Fabulous news Kelly! Well deserved. You do great work. I just don't know how you find the time to do all the creating that you do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #7552  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm popping in really quickly, as our house guests are just about a half hour from our home now. They will be here until after Christmas so I doubt I'll be on SCS until the middle of next week. Sooooooo I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #7553  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Fellow Addicts I am still here, although I nearly melted today - it was 27.8 oC/82 oF but with the high humidity factored it, it was said to feel like 35 oC/95 oF ... it has thankfully cooled a bit now, and we have had some rain so that has made it way more comfortable - and I don't have to water the gardens :-)

I think I am all organised for the big day - only one present to hand deliver, and one card to throw together for hand delivery also. I am impressed - I posted my cards less than two weeks ago and they have reached southern India and Southern California at least - not too bad for this time of year!!

Jeanette it sounds as though your DD's flight was a bit hairy, to say the least. Glad she arrived at BF safe and almost well!!

Kelly you are still going at a million miles and hour - congratulations on your new DT spot, that's awesome.

Waving at you all from down under - I am expecting my DD shortly to wrap their gifts - they are stored here to prevent the grandies peeking!!

Christmas blessings to you all from down under, where it looks as though the big day will be stinking hot again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2017, 04:37 AM   #7554  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

One more hour and it will be winter break!!!!!!!! From school! MY vacation! LOL!
Woot, woot!

I'm sitting in Starbucks - ahem - you know, just waiting to sign out my son from school

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2017, 04:52 AM   #7555  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! I hope all of your Christmas preparations are done or very close! It will be a fairly calm time for us...................... We are heading to some friend's house tomorrow night for supper, watching the Packer game and some dominoes! We go to two services for Christmas Eve as Rebecca will sing and play guitar at the 5:30 one and with the choir at 7:00. We open presents that night. On Christmas Day, we will head to my brother's house in the afternoon.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Last edited by barbaralynn; 12-22-2017 at 05:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2017, 04:52 AM   #7556  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Get your stockings up, girls - Santa is almost here!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2017, 10:02 PM   #7557  
Hardware Hotshot

Hugs to you all - may you all have a blessed and absolutely wonder-filled Christmas

Maxine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2017, 05:03 AM   #7558  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Maxine!

And ditto - wishing everyone a very wonderful Christmas Eve and a blessed and happy and Merry Christmas!

xoxo

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2017, 09:59 AM   #7559  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2017, 05:06 AM   #7560  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning SCS Friends! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed time with your family and friends. We had a calm couple of days and Rebecca has off again today, so we might go to a movie later.

Reply With Quote Likes