Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #3681  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,095 Likes on 871 Posts

That sounds interesting Sharon. I may have to look into it. I'm sure it will take me a long time to get stamps cataloged no matter how I do it.

I've been around to everyone's blogs tonight. I'm so impressed with all the work you all do. So inspiring.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 04:54 AM   #3682  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Good morning.

Kelly, what are you storing your EF folders in? Do they fit In their little folders inside one of those 4x6 type ohoto boxes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 05:31 AM   #3683  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

I debated off and on until I walked out the door this morning about coming to work today. I really need a day off, but think I may wait until Friday. We had freezing rain this morning and all my trees and plants were covered in ice, but the streets were clear and not icey, so I decided to go ahead and come in. My boss will be tied up in meetings and a mediation today so he'll be busy. I'll be back to boring filing and scanning documents. Ick. If this is all I have to look forward to, I really need a new job. ;)

It's only supposed to get up to 36 today, but should warm up to a whopping 56 by tomorrow. yeah! maybe Spring will come yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 05:32 AM   #3684  
Quacker Stamper

I spent last night going through all my receipts from last year to see if I have more than the standard for my sales tax deduction on my income tax. I'd really like to get that finished up tonight and submitted for my refund.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #3685  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checking in to say hello. I tried to get on our thread earlier and couldn't :-( wanted to catch up on the conversation I missed. SCS would not load past the ads. I tried four times. :-(

Thanks for all the support and kind words about the design team. I really appreciate it. I am off to sleep...will catch up here tomorrow. Had the toy show on Sunday and then a bad headache yesterday :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 AM   #3686  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning!

Brenda, did your find any must haves at the Toy Show? Sorry about the headache.

Brandy, I just have my digis sorted on my computer by company. Some are under the 3 DT's that I'm on.

I worked on the old income taxes last night and finally got that finished and submitted. Now to wait for the refund.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 03:39 AM   #3687  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Brenda, it's been hard getting on for me since yesterday afternoon, even took forever to load this morning.

I tried to catalog my stamps, it just didn't work for me. I just keep them sorted by Manu.

Today need to get caught up on some house things because tomorrow I have dr appointments.

Will try to jump on everyone's blogs soon, I missed Sunday because of the flower show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 04:57 AM   #3688  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! Hey Joyce!

It's snowing, again! There is so much snow outside that I don't know where it's all going to go when it finally melts!

I don't have a enough stamps to catalog! LOL

I need to finish income taxes. I don't really feel like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #3689  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,063 Likes on 1,559 Posts

I am so glad my DH does our taxes! And he did them already. We have simple, simple life, so he does the simple form.
I didn't post for WOYWW this week. It just comes around so quickly! Where do the weeks go? On one hand time passes so quickly and on the other, it goes so slow!

I had a Bible study and luncheon today. So a good time of fellowship and blessings.
I thought about taking part in the 40 day Challenge here on SCS of cleaning out the clutter. I started with one little plastic drawer... I am such a hoarder!!! I will donate several boxes of current cards that are probably over 20 years old. Quit using them when I began stamping. LOL But that is a little pile. My DH is laughing at me. He says if I go on a trip he won't be afraid to throw away a lot of stuff!
Scrapbook Goal: 2024: 14/60 as of 03/31/24

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #3690  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Woo Hoo! Congrats Brenda and I'm so happy for you. This team sounds like it's right up your alley. I know you will be a blessing to them. They are so lucky to have you.

LOL! I am always cutting things close getting my cards on the DT blogs. I don't know why I procrastinate so much.
I am already finding myself procrastinating on the next card challenge post. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #3691  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
You have been busy! I saw that you were by my Blog. Thanks for the comments. Saw Nancy and Brenda, were there too. I think all three of you together!
Just an update on Mom. She is refusing nourishment right now. She is still sitting up, but can't communicate. Too difficult for her to point out letters to spell. I read her cards and emails to her and the Bible. Today, she was just in too much pain and uncomfortable. So right now, it is a situation of pain management and comfort. Thank you for your prayers for us at this time. I am just so glad we found this wonderful place for her. They are all so good to her and love her. She is sooo sweet, and still giggles if something is funny. I just love her so much and am so sorry for what she is going through.
Sharon, So sorry you have to see your mom go thru all of this. I know it is hard! It is wonderful she has strong faith in the Lord and that is probably what keeps her going. Hang in there...sending you a hug :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:18 PM   #3692  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhoshounView Post
Good morning!! I am up this morning headed to the gym , I wanted to pop , I started to post my blog post yesterday and ran into a snag . I update my PC to windows 8.1 and now I have to find out way I am getting errors on my blog , so I will be debugging that today and posting to my blog.
Hi! I hit the gym last night. I am rarely there in the evenings so I had forgotten how high the energy level is when the place is busy. LOL It made me want to move more :-) That was a good thing as I forced myself to go. It was too windy for me to walk outside. If I wasn't so allergic the wind would not have been an issue...but it really isn't good for seasonal allergies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #3693  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I have 5 altogether - 2 are knockouts, 1 is a large tea rose (peach I think) and 2 are small yellow tea roses. I'm surprised that the tea roses are doing so well. I didn't really have to prune them much except to deadhead them. One of the knockouts should have been pruned last year and I didn't do it. It's tall and gangly and I don't like that. One cane is really thick and I may have to saw it off. I couldn't see any buds on the lower part of it to cut off.
My parents had beautiful rose bushes when we lived back East. My grandma had a lilac bush which I absolutely loved. Lilacs are unheard of here in the desert :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #3694  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
Good morning!

Sharon, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your mom. I hope they can do something about the pain she is in.

Terria, did you upgrade your browser too? Maybe it's not compatible with the windows 8.1. Were you upgrading from 8 or something else? I went from windows 8 to 8.1 and no issues. So I wonder if it was going from an older version like 7 or vista and having an older browser that doesn't like windows 8 or above.
I really had no issues either when I did the upgrade.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #3695  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post
Good morning.

Sharon, thinking of all of you. I can see where you get your wonderful attitude from, She has definitely made a wonderful legacy along her journey.

We went to the Philadelphia flower show. It was a long day. Now my legs are achey so I can't sleep.

What's on everyone's agenda for today?

I need to get my house back in order. Then call the Y to cancel our family membership and change it to just an individual for dd. I don't drive so getting there is tough for me and they cancelled so many programs it's hardly worth it anyway. The class I like is only one day a week now. And I prefer to be outside when the weather us nice.
Joyce..we belong to the Y. We belonged to a different gym for a long time. When my daughter got too old for child care at that gym we switched over to Y. Sometimes I think of cancelling the family plan...but then someone else decides to go and I am glad I have it. Right now my hubby joined a boxing gym. :shock: I think he is looking for something he really likes. He hates exercise. So far he likes the boxing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:24 PM   #3696  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
I'm there with you, Nancy. My fluffy coffee is sitting here beside me. I'm just playing catch up on some art stuff this morning then I'm headed to the Studio. Promos can wait until this afternoon.

Once I touch business it is really hard to stop.
I am a tea girl all the way Iced or hot and always unsweetened.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #3697  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Good morning! Hey Joyce!

It's snowing, again! There is so much snow outside that I don't know where it's all going to go when it finally melts!

I don't have a enough stamps to catalog! LOL

I need to finish income taxes. I don't really feel like it!
Oh Nancy, I cannot believe you are getting more snow. What a winter you have had! Sunshine here today and no wind! I may get to walk tonight after all.

I keep meaning to tell you how MUCH I LOVE my photo printer. You are right...It is a wonderful printer. I ended up moving it closer to the router as it was taking too long to print. Once I moved it closer it worked like a dream!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #3698  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Good morning!

Brenda, did your find any must haves at the Toy Show? Sorry about the headache.

Brandy, I just have my digis sorted on my computer by company. Some are under the 3 DT's that I'm on.

I worked on the old income taxes last night and finally got that finished and submitted. Now to wait for the refund.
I got several figurines at the Toy Show. Once again, the day did not disappoint me :-) I just love all the toy talking! Next to talking crafts & Disney, toys are my favorite topic. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #3699  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, so I think that I have read all that I have missed. :-) All is well here. We are gearing up for the band road trip to Disneyland. I leave a week from Friday. So much to do. DD needs clothes badly for the trip. I need to really deep clean the house for the house sitter :-( DD is now battling a head cold. She came home early from school yesterday. DH has been traveling on and off. He is home now though.

We have not started our taxes yet. A friend will do them but I have to total up all the expenses. :-( I dislike the whole process.

I do not have any of my stamps cataloged. I just have them in "theme" drawers. Funny, as much as I love to organize.. I have never even thought about cataloging them. LOL

I am off to craft. Hopefully the site will let me back on here later. I was frustrated last night when I could not get on. I had a cup of hot tea and was all settled in to read our thread and "chat" with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #3700  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
My parents had beautiful rose bushes when we lived back East. My grandma had a lilac bush which I absolutely loved. Lilacs are unheard of here in the desert :-(
We had a lilac bush at home when I was growing up too. I'd love to have one here, but it wouldn't survive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #3701  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I got several figurines at the Toy Show. Once again, the day did not disappoint me :-) I just love all the toy talking! Next to talking crafts & Disney, toys are my favorite topic. LOL
What!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: I thought that stamping was your favorite thing to chat about. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #3702  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Okay, so I think that I have read all that I have missed. :-) All is well here. We are gearing up for the band road trip to Disneyland. I leave a week from Friday. So much to do. DD needs clothes badly for the trip. I need to really deep clean the house for the house sitter :-( DD is now battling a head cold. She came home early from school yesterday. DH has been traveling on and off. He is home now though.

We have not started our taxes yet. A friend will do them but I have to total up all the expenses. :-( I dislike the whole process.

I do not have any of my stamps cataloged. I just have them in "theme" drawers. Funny, as much as I love to organize.. I have never even thought about cataloging them. LOL

I am off to craft. Hopefully the site will let me back on here later. I was frustrated last night when I could not get on. I had a cup of hot tea and was all settled in to read our thread and "chat" with you.
You're going to be on cloud 9 with another Disney trip so soon. Good luck with getting everything done before it's time to go. I hope DD gets well soon.

I hope to get some crafting done myself tonight. I have a couple cards to finish up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #3703  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have a lilac bush, I planted a started just a few years ago and I think it might be big enough this year to start producing flowers

Linda, 40 little areas decluttered is better then none.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #3704  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I have a lilac bush, I planted a started just a few years ago and I think it might be big enough this year to start producing flowers

Linda, 40 little areas decluttered is better then none.
Oh, If you get flowers on it, take a big whiff of it for me ;) I love the smell of a lilac!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #3705  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

What!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: I thought that stamping was your favorite thing to chat about. :mrgreen:
Stamping falls under the crafting category. LOL! OF COURSE stamping is tops!! ;) ;)

I did my card tonight for my Dt 3/16/14 due date! Feels good to be ahead of it! Really felt I had better quit putting it off with the trip approaching. I even wrote the blog post for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #3706  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

You're going to be on cloud 9 with another Disney trip so soon. Good luck with getting everything done before it's time to go. I hope DD gets well soon.

I hope to get some crafting done myself tonight. I have a couple cards to finish up.
Maggie...somewhat cloud 9. I am slightly concerned how I will manage on this trip. It is at least an 8 hour bus ride (luxury bus though) and the agenda sounds like I will get 5 hours a sleep a night. I have one or two roommates (still no detail on this :-( ). I get very, very car sick. I am hoping for a nice COLD bus. LOL Less chance of extreme car sickness if I am cold. Yes, I do take medicine(over the counter) for it and should be fine. I think it is the lack of sleep that concerns me the most. LOL We shall see. I have already scoped out a "napping" bench at Disneyland while the kids ride. LOL Supposedly on the last day they are aloud to split off for a bit and then check back in with the adults. That will be nap time for me. My DH will be flying in to hang with us a few days of the trip and see DD perform. My MIL and her friend, SIL and Uncle are all coming to see her perform. Unfortunately we won't be able to spend much time with them as we will be with the band. All family understands and are just excited to be there to see DD. Wish me luck. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #3707  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Brandy............have you been crafting lately????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 02:46 AM   #3708  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Early morning hello (very early )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 02:48 AM   #3709  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That's a great idea Kelly.
I can't catalog my stamps, I tried that method last year and just didn't work.
Even if you don't catalog the images, Joyce, you should at least have a list of what you have for insurance purposes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 02:52 AM   #3710  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That's a great idea Kelly.
I can't catalog my stamps, I tried that method last year and just didn't work.
What was it about cataloging that did not work, Joyce? I've tried a couple of different ways, like the binder. What I have discovered is although I want to be able to see what images I have at a glance, hauling out that binder just to look wasn't very effective. Easier to scan my stamps.

However, in the SR I'll have them filed according to theme. I think I really like the flip pages for this.

And if you're not a 'gottalotta', maybe it's easier for you to just recall what you have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 02:55 AM   #3711  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12View Post
y'all must have more stamps than me . atleast rubber ones. now cataloging digis thats an idea. might be a seriously long project. i have 512 from sbs that i havent even un zipped yet. i might consider that for backup. i hate to waste paper so i print about 4 per sheet. then i have to deal with storage of the others once i use one. actually most of my storage is digis where i printed a whole page but didnt use a whole page of images.
i may rethink my strategy regarding digi storage. for now im good with the way it is
All of my digi images are on one flashdrive (8G) by company. Whenever I download an image, I save it to the correct folder right away. If I don't already have a folder, I create one then and there.

For storing hard copies, I have them in 4x6 photo keepers from the dollar store. For now. These will also get converted to Flip Pages in the ScrapRack this fall.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 02:59 AM   #3712  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good morning.

Kelly, what are you storing your EF folders in? Do they fit In their little folders inside one of those 4x6 type ohoto boxes?
HI Nancy.

I bought one of those pretty boxes with the hindged lid and the velcro (or magnet) closer. They sell them at Michaels and HL in graded sizes. I bought mine at $General for a fraction of the cost.

I made a manilla file folder about 1/8" bigger all the way around than the largest EB folder. Sealed the outside edges with masking tape (I stamped it with washi tape image stamps just for fun). I glued a sample of the impression to the front of each folder. They are also color coded/ filed by theme.

I'll have pics on my blog this afternoon with my various marker storage ideas. Right now I'm snuggled on the couch under the afghan enjoying a cup of fluffy and watching the sun come up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 03:00 AM   #3713  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I spent last night going through all my receipts from last year to see if I have more than the standard for my sales tax deduction on my income tax. I'd really like to get that finished up tonight and submitted for my refund.
We are getting ours done this morning. Which means by May we should be putting a new roof on the house and I'll get my new front deck covered. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 03:06 AM   #3714  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I am a tea girl all the way Iced or hot and always unsweetened.
I drink unsweet tea during the day and my Cinnamon detox tea at night with a dab of honey.

But my fluffy is my best friend. First thing in the morning, a cup in the afternoon when I get a chocolate craving (lower in sugar grams) and sometimes one at night before bed.

Bob shakes his head. He does not understand how I can drink a cup of fluffy 15 min before bed and have no problems falling a sleep :-) I tell him it's all the warm milk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 03:08 AM   #3715  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 03:11 AM   #3716  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a whole row of lilac bushes in IL that never really produced. I have one here that produces a few flowers but the mother plant is beginning to disintegrate at the root - which is natural. I just don't know if there is enough of the new growth to mess with. And the people who planted the bush put it in too close to the lilly bed so I can't mow between them and if I just mow around the whole area, then the grass overgrows in that spot and looks horrible.

The bush is on my list of plants to either get rid of or move. If I move it, I just haven't figured out where.

So much I want to do in the yard this year. We shall see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 03:13 AM   #3717  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good morning!
Good morning, Nancy.
Are you tired of looking at snow yet? How much do they estimate you've had this winter so far?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 04:52 AM   #3718  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kelly, I have video for insurance purposes. Cataloging didn't work because it took away from my creative time just to add to it, and I found that I just didn't use the , binder. When I did want something I usually had a pretty good idea of the Manu that would work and found them that way. Just another item in my room I didn't use. I recently repurposed the binder for colors. Now I have a color theory binder. So all my red inks have samples on one page, along with copics watched that coordinate. So far its much more useful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 04:53 AM   #3719  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning!
Its dr and dentist for me today:(
Have a good day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2014, 05:05 AM   #3720  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Good morning, Nancy.
Are you tired of looking at snow yet? How much do they estimate you've had this winter so far?
The only advantage to all the snow fall is all that black dirty snow gets covered up up with pretty white snow!

I was just looking at the newspaper and the airport has gotten 75.2 inches of snow as of last night!

I'll have to take a picture. There is sooooooo much snow in my backyard it is crazy! It is at least 2-3 feet deep.

I hope it melts sloooooowly!

Last edited by nhagen; 03-06-2014 at 06:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes