Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #3641  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,063 Likes on 1,559 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
I am fried again tonight. But I've written 2 blog posts and corrected one plus sent my article for the paper off just in case I don't have power on Monday. I've also emailed the PR firm that the Charlie Daniels review will be up Tue morning just in case I can't get on-line.

I'm so prepared the storm is sure to pass right over us LOL

but for now, I'm tired. I'll check in when I can

You have been busy! I saw that you were by my Blog. Thanks for the comments. Saw Nancy and Brenda, were there too. I think all three of you together!
Just an update on Mom. She is refusing nourishment right now. She is still sitting up, but can't communicate. Too difficult for her to point out letters to spell. I read her cards and emails to her and the Bible. Today, she was just in too much pain and uncomfortable. So right now, it is a situation of pain management and comfort. Thank you for your prayers for us at this time. I am just so glad we found this wonderful place for her. They are all so good to her and love her. She is sooo sweet, and still giggles if something is funny. I just love her so much and am so sorry for what she is going through.
Scrapbook Goal: 2024: 14/60 as of 03/31/24

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 03:31 AM   #3642  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
You have been busy! I saw that you were by my Blog. Thanks for the comments. Saw Nancy and Brenda, were there too. I think all three of you together!
Just an update on Mom. She is refusing nourishment right now. She is still sitting up, but can't communicate. Too difficult for her to point out letters to spell. I read her cards and emails to her and the Bible. Today, she was just in too much pain and uncomfortable. So right now, it is a situation of pain management and comfort. Thank you for your prayers for us at this time. I am just so glad we found this wonderful place for her. They are all so good to her and love her. She is sooo sweet, and still giggles if something is funny. I just love her so much and am so sorry for what she is going through.
im sorry to hear how she is having such a hard time. my prayers and thoughts are with you both <3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 03:32 AM   #3643  
Stampin' Fool

g morning ladies
our cold front has come thru
have a great day. i'll pop around to blogs shortly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 04:25 AM   #3644  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12View Post
g morning ladies
our cold front has come thru
have a great day. i'll pop around to blogs shortly
Good morning!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 04:27 AM   #3645  
Hardware Hotshot

Good morning!! I am up this morning headed to the gym , I wanted to pop , I started to post my blog post yesterday and ran into a snag . I update my PC to windows 8.1 and now I have to find out way I am getting errors on my blog , so I will be debugging that today and posting to my blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #3646  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Tons of hugs sweetie! For you and Mom both.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 05:53 AM   #3647  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies.
The winds are picking up intensity, we've had a bit of sleet and the temp has dropped 6 degrees in about 3 hours. I'm sure that will continue as the day progresses.
I am headed to the studio ALL DAY! I'm so excited.

I keep thinking I should do this piece of work or that - then I give myself a firm lecture on making time to create. So that is what I'm going to do today.

Keep warm, be safe, enjoy your day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:04 AM   #3648  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,095 Likes on 871 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
Thanks Maggie! I really feel that the DT is a perfect fit for me. I also felt by them giving me FB responsibilities with blog secondary that they knew what kind of time I would have to dedicate to it. Also, they have been very encouraging that as I get used to the entire process I can post more on their blog...but no pressure. The blog team has their calendars to follow, etc. Definitely a good fit.
You need to put a link on your signature, so we can check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #3649  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
I have had to wear long sleeves today also :-( We have rain ... double :-(
I had long sleeves on, but it was pretty windy outside and sunny and I didn't want to get sunburn while I was out doing my yard work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #3650  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
It's in the teens and snowing, again.

I don't want to hear about your 70 degrees Maggie! Or Kelly's 61 degrees! LOL.

Maggie, I hope your DGD has fun on her trip. How nice they went just for fun!

Jackie, Happy birthday to your beautiful DD! Time does go by too fast! Have a nice dinner.
LOL! Don't worry, it'll be down in the 30's again by tomorrow and stay that way for the next 3-4 days. Ugh! So tired of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:13 AM   #3651  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, as long as you left buds on the rose bushes they should be ok. The rule of thumb for roses is to prune above a bud that is facing out. If the bud faces inward, then that's the direction the new growth will go and all your branches will be a mess.

Most varieties can be pruned back to 18" tall.

How many bushes do you have? I haven't had roses in years.
I have 5 altogether - 2 are knockouts, 1 is a large tea rose (peach I think) and 2 are small yellow tea roses. I'm surprised that the tea roses are doing so well. I didn't really have to prune them much except to deadhead them. One of the knockouts should have been pruned last year and I didn't do it. It's tall and gangly and I don't like that. One cane is really thick and I may have to saw it off. I couldn't see any buds on the lower part of it to cut off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #3652  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

So very sorry that your mom is having to go through this terrible disease. There is a lady from church whose mom has just been diagnosed with ALS. I do feel for all of you dealing with this. Does your mom have a Living Will so that they will not use outside methods to keep her alive? Yes, keeping all of you in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #3653  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Does she have a favorite Bible verse?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:19 AM   #3654  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhoshounView Post
Good morning!! I am up this morning headed to the gym , I wanted to pop , I started to post my blog post yesterday and ran into a snag . I update my PC to windows 8.1 and now I have to find out way I am getting errors on my blog , so I will be debugging that today and posting to my blog.
Oh, why did you update to 8.1? I never do something like that unless I buy a new PC and can't get the older version on it. I hate upgrades. There are always snags.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #3655  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Sending hugs and my prayers to you both this morning . Keep reading the Bible I find comfort in the scriptures and words. I will prayer she finds comfort for the pain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #3656  
Stampin' Fool

i made my rounds. now back to kellys favorite thing after texas music and that's organization
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 AM   #3657  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Good morning!

Sharon, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your mom. I hope they can do something about the pain she is in.

Terria, did you upgrade your browser too? Maybe it's not compatible with the windows 8.1. Were you upgrading from 8 or something else? I went from windows 8 to 8.1 and no issues. So I wonder if it was going from an older version like 7 or vista and having an older browser that doesn't like windows 8 or above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #3658  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks everyone. Yes, she read her Bible every morning and has a prayer list 6 pages both sides, long. She is a woman of faith and a prayer warrior! But she can't hang on to anything. So, yesterday, the care giver that was there told me she read it to Mom, (even the prayer list) and would do it today, because she is there again. They call for her a 1-800 # and enter a code, and she listens to her Sunday School on Sunday mornings. She used to be able to call it herself, but now they know to do it for her. She has a living will, but back in June, they inserted the tube in for feedings. But then, she was walking and still able to talk a little, and seemed fine except for not being able to eat. She really didn't want to, but I think she ended up doing this for my sis and I.
But I have loved this extra time with her. Just so sorry for her suffering. She has been on Hospice ever since, so they will not do anything, just pain management. The pain is from the bad arthritus, not the ALS, I think. The ALS debilitates all the muscles. But no matter how you look at it, she has been a real trooper! Even yesterday, she still is a Mom, too, telling me in whatever way she can, to do something. Look for this, move that, etc. Go home before it gets bad..
She has had a great life for 88 years!
Okay, it is snowing here. We are snowed in and iced in. Everything closed. Biggest snowflakes coming down!
I will definitely craft today! I should go by your Blogs too! Nice day for it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #3659  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Oh, why did you update to 8.1? I never do something like that unless I buy a new PC and can't get the older version on it. I hate upgrades. There are always snags.
im with maggie on this. no upgrades. the only reason i have 8 is that you have to hunt for 7 and i wasnt doing it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 02:52 AM   #3660  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Good morning.

Sharon, thinking of all of you. I can see where you get your wonderful attitude from, She has definitely made a wonderful legacy along her journey.

We went to the Philadelphia flower show. It was a long day. Now my legs are achey so I can't sleep.

What's on everyone's agenda for today?

I need to get my house back in order. Then call the Y to cancel our family membership and change it to just an individual for dd. I don't drive so getting there is tough for me and they cancelled so many programs it's hardly worth it anyway. The class I like is only one day a week now. And I prefer to be outside when the weather us nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 04:51 AM   #3661  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post
Good morning.

Sharon, thinking of all of you. I can see where you get your wonderful attitude from, She has definitely made a wonderful legacy along her journey.

We went to the Philadelphia flower show. It was a long day. Now my legs are achey so I can't sleep.

What's on everyone's agenda for today?

I need to get my house back in order. Then call the Y to cancel our family membership and change it to just an individual for dd. I don't drive so getting there is tough for me and they cancelled so many programs it's hardly worth it anyway. The class I like is only one day a week now. And I prefer to be outside when the weather us nice.
you dont drive? i always thought public transportation was a pain. that maybe just my texas roots talking as we dont have a lot of public transportation . the idea of getting ready hours in advance to catch a bus or a train in addition to commute time is not apppealing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:03 AM   #3662  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Good morning!

No huge plans today. Just some housework and grocery. Just enjoying my coffee right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:15 AM   #3663  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Good morning!

No huge plans today. Just some housework and grocery. Just enjoying my coffee right
now.

good morning. looks like we might get some sun along with our freezing temps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:17 AM   #3664  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies. Sun here too - and Power!
With my Monday work all done other than promos, I'm going to spend most of the day working in the Studio again. And hopefully work on my novella.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #3665  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm there with you, Nancy. My fluffy coffee is sitting here beside me. I'm just playing catch up on some art stuff this morning then I'm headed to the Studio. Promos can wait until this afternoon.

Once I touch business it is really hard to stop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 AM   #3666  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got around to everyone's blogs over the weekend plus hit commenters from WOYWW as well as any of those who ended in 9 or 5 - I was #95 last week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:23 AM   #3667  
Stazon Splitcoast

I updated my blog last night. No pictures just links until I can get permission to use a pic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:27 AM   #3668  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! I like that project you mentioned on your blog Kelly! I think my kiddos will enjoy what I have in mind :-)
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #3669  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

you dont drive? i always thought public transportation was a pain. that maybe just my texas roots talking as we dont have a lot of public transportation . the idea of getting ready hours in advance to catch a bus or a train in addition to commute time is not apppealing
I never learned to drive until I moved to Texas in 1970. When I lived up in PA, we had the best public transportation. I could take the train, subway or bus to anywhere or just walk. We did a lot of walking back then too. My mom didn't drive and my dad worked nights so neither one of them were available much to get us anywhere and it was just easier to take the public transportation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #3670  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

good morning. looks like we might get some sun along with our freezing temps
Ugh! I can't believe how cold it got last night. I was looking for mid 30's, but it went down to 28! And the wind is just fierce! There was even a layer of ice on both the water bowls outside for the kitties. After they had breakfast they all went off to find someplace warmer than my patio because they were all gone except for Ralph who was all curled up in one of the cat-dog houses and Spooky who was under the lawn chair which I had thrown a blanket over so it was kind of cozy under there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #3671  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2View Post
Good morning! I like that project you mentioned on your blog Kelly! I think my kiddos will enjoy what I have in mind :-)
It is really cool. The challenges are inspiring. This week's challenge was to make a list of things that describe you. One guy did his in a spiral pattern AND cut out the spiral so it's an active part in his journal. It's adhered with removeable tape.

I PROMISE I'll have beginning pics on Wed. WOYWW but they'll be just that - 'here's what I'm working with' kind of thing. Then a better progress each Monday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #3672  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you girls for stopping to check out my post yesterday. I've been on the FB group this morning to ask a couple of questions. One of which I'll talk about on Wed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #3673  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I never learned to drive until I moved to Texas in 1970. When I lived up in PA, we had the best public transportation. I could take the train, subway or bus to anywhere or just walk. We did a lot of walking back then too. My mom didn't drive and my dad worked nights so neither one of them were available much to get us anywhere and it was just easier to take the public transportation.
hehe thats funny so did my mom only it was 1976. thats why i said that may be my tx influence. I lived in PA when I was a teen . actually learned to drive there. not the friendliest drivers in the world. when i visited in 87, my GF did all the driving. that was along time ago LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #3674  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Thank you girls for stopping to check out my post yesterday. I've been on the FB group this morning to ask a couple of questions. One of which I'll talk about on Wed.
the planner thing doesnt work for me. i make lists to keep me on task but also lets me be flexible. my health likes to throw multiple wrenches into my life. like my craft room/office been working on that forever and its still on my list. however if i dont have the energy to do that i just do a different one on the list
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #3675  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I live in rural PA, there is no public transportation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #3676  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

the planner thing doesnt work for me. i make lists to keep me on task but also lets me be flexible. my health likes to throw multiple wrenches into my life. like my craft room/office been working on that forever and its still on my list. however if i dont have the energy to do that i just do a different one on the list
That's why I think this Documented Life is going to work better for me I KNOW what I need to do every day. I use a page in the composition book to write down what I do as I do it. At the end of the day if I see something is missing then I can either get it done or write it down to take care of first thing the next day.

But more than a planner it is a place to put all the little things from your day and give you a place to sketch or scribble or whatever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #3677  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have completely cataloged my EB folders. They are in their own sized little file folders. I color coded each category and put a sample on the front of the folder. Then I made a swatch ring to keep over at my desk so when I'm playing I can be reminded of what I have and know what I'm going to pull when I go over to the station.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #3678  
Proud Fan Club Member

That's a great idea Kelly.
I can't catalog my stamps, I tried that method last year and just didn't work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #3679  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post
That's a great idea Kelly.
I can't catalog my stamps, I tried that method last year and just didn't work.
I catalogued my stamps earlier this year in Evernote complete with photos. It is a free program. I love it. You can do tags, too, so if you are looking for a stamp with a leaf, you click on leaf or leaves under the tags. It brings up. All the stamps with leaves. Then I you can look at the stamps and pick the one I want,

I am able to access it from my mini iPad or from my desktop.
It works for me!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind words.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #3680  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I catalogued my stamps earlier this year in Evernote complete with photos. It is a free program. I love it. You can do tags, too, so if you are looking for a stamp with a leaf, you click on leaf or leaves under the tags. It brings up. All the stamps with leaves. Then I you can look at the stamps and pick the one I want,

I am able to access it from my mini iPad or from my desktop.
It works for me!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind words.
y'all must have more stamps than me . atleast rubber ones. now cataloging digis thats an idea. might be a seriously long project. i have 512 from sbs that i havent even un zipped yet. i might consider that for backup. i hate to waste paper so i print about 4 per sheet. then i have to deal with storage of the others once i use one. actually most of my storage is digis where i printed a whole page but didnt use a whole page of images.
i may rethink my strategy regarding digi storage. for now im good with the way it is
Reply With Quote Likes