Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #7761  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving PBR! So thankful for each one of you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #7762  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,068 Likes on 1,562 Posts

Hi everyone! Missing some of you. Soni? How are you?
Brandy, how are you doing?
Still thinking of you Maggie and Jackie!
Hi Joyce, Terria, Nancy, Brenda , Kelly!
Hope everything is going well.
Hugs to everyone!
Scrapbook Goal: 2024: 14/60 as of 03/31/24

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #7763  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharon, I am doing fine...just shopping til I drop. LOL Thought I would check in and say hello. I hope that you all had a good Thanksgiving. I have my craft club Christmas party on Wed. eve. I am hosting it at a restaurant (located inside a hotel). I have been busy putting together decorations and favors. Plus my card and gift for the gal I shopped for. We leave for Disneyland on Thurs night. Will be in the park on Fri and Sat. Head home Sunday. Saturday night is the Candlelight Processional. That is the reason I am going. It is such a beautiful event. Hope everyone is well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #7764  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Brenda, your party sound fun. I am moving so slow on all these Christmas preparations! I would not be ready for something like that so quickly! Disneyland regalia sound so fun. Enjoy! Hugs!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #7765  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,101 Likes on 876 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Hi everyone! Missing some of you. Soni? How are you?
Brandy, how are you doing?
Still thinking of you Maggie and Jackie!
Hi Joyce, Terria, Nancy, Brenda , Kelly!
Hope everything is going well.
Hugs to everyone!
Thank you Joyce.

Last night I worked a bit on cleaning up my stamp room. It's going to take some doing in there. I finished up the ATC swaps that I was working on. Need to get them ready to send out. They are late, but I had other things to deal with the last few weeks.

How was your Thanksgiving?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #7766  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
Sharon, I am doing fine...just shopping til I drop. LOL Thought I would check in and say hello. I hope that you all had a good Thanksgiving. I have my craft club Christmas party on Wed. eve. I am hosting it at a restaurant (located inside a hotel). I have been busy putting together decorations and favors. Plus my card and gift for the gal I shopped for. We leave for Disneyland on Thurs night. Will be in the park on Fri and Sat. Head home Sunday. Saturday night is the Candlelight Processional. That is the reason I am going. It is such a beautiful event. Hope everyone is well.
Sounds like a fun time. I hope you take pictures. I'm sure it will all look fabulous and be tons of fun. Fun trip to Disney also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #7767  
Quacker Stamper

I need to get all my cards together and see how many I have made for Christmas. I know it's not near enough so I'm going to have to scramble and get some more made. I'd really like my space cleaned up before I tackle that job, but don't think that's going to happen.

Things have quieted down. All the company has finally left, so not running back and forth every day now. I'll have to check up on my sis in a few days and see how things are going with her. I'm sure it's going to be an adjustment not to have my BIL around. She had a busy life before though so I'm sure she'll be just as busy now.

Need to get going on Christmas shopping too, since I'll have to ship everything to CA. Luckily, my DGD and her DH will be at her mom's for the holiday so I can send everything there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #7768  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I don't if I told you or not, but since no family was here, we helped serve Thanksgiving to the homeless. We had never done it before. It was a good experience. We sure don't realize how many homeless threre are! We were at one facility, and they had another facility and two food trucks. And they told us they don't feed as many on TG as they do normally every other night. Makes me more aware of how much I have to be thankful for!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #7769  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Paper Blogger ladies. I hope you all have a wonderful day with friends and/or family. I've been cooking last night and this morning. I love to cook! I love to watch people eat it all. :mrgreen:
That is why I cooked for the construction crew. I was taught how to cook for a crowd. I've missed the experience and they all enjoyed real food.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #7770  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good morning Paper Bloggers. Sorry I haven't been on. It's been a busy weekend. Went up to see my BIL after church today. Last night they put him on continual dialysis to see if they could clear up his blood. I was glad that I went. It was the first opportunity I had to see him what with their visiting hour schedule. I spent a few hours up there with my sis and various members of the family. I had also made a card for him and wanted to take it up there. Unfortunately, he didn't make it. One of my niece's called me at 12:20 this morning to let me know that he had passed away. Not sure yet what any of the plans are going to be. I called both my DD's to let them know and my DD in CA will be coming for the funeral. Not sure if I'm going to be able to get back to sleep now.
So sorry to hear this, Maggie. But there was the blessing in that your DD came home for Thanksgiving.
I know what a dialysis patient goes through. Your BIL is more comfortable now than he has been in quite some time. Prayers to your sister in her loss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 07:01 AM   #7771  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just got a text from my contractor. He will be here in a bit so I need to look presentable. LOL. Then decide what I'm feeding him for lunch.

This is my first day back to work in 6 weeks. I am so buried but I'm concentrating on today's work then will back track and play catch up

Good news... we have a tree! A little 4 ft. pre-lit from $ General but at least it's something festive. After doing Christmas with Sue and the kids last year without a tree, that was NOT going to happen. Even she bought a tree this year LOL

Down side... I am not making cards this year. I bought boxed cards. I owe you guys big time in 2015 LOL Just no room and now that I'm so far behind in work, I just want to work these next 21 days. Bob comes home Christmas Eve and I"m taking that week between Christmas and NY off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #7772  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I don't if I told you or not, but since no family was here, we helped serve Thanksgiving to the homeless. We had never done it before. It was a good experience. We sure don't realize how many homeless threre are! We were at one facility, and they had another facility and two food trucks. And they told us they don't feed as many on TG as they do normally every other night. Makes me more aware of how much I have to be thankful for!
That was so nice of you guys to do that. Yes, I guess we just see the ones here and there on a nearby street corner and don't really think about how many street corners there are in the city.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 10:35 AM   #7773  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
So sorry to hear this, Maggie. But there was the blessing in that your DD came home for Thanksgiving.
I know what a dialysis patient goes through. Your BIL is more comfortable now than he has been in quite some time. Prayers to your sister in her loss.
Thanks Kelly. We appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

Yes, I also have a lady friend that I visit from church who is on dialysis 3x's a week and it just wipes her out and she retains fluid and has to go in the hospital about every 3 weeks to be drained. I really am surprised that she has survived this long. And she is just the sweetest lady.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #7774  
Quacker Stamper

I'd love to take a week off Kelly, but that's not going to happen. I'm saving vacation days now for next year. I have Amanda's Spring Musical, Emily & Brandon's graduations in April, and then Amanda's graduation in June. Lots of trips West. And not sure how things will work for the BYU graduation since it is in Provo which means I'll have to have a hotel.

I was up early by 1/2 hour this morning. I needed to be out early to take Corey and Maggie Mae to the vet for their teeth. MM is having hers cleaned, but Corey is supposed to have 1 or 2 extracted! Yikes! That's going to cost me big time. :( We had the whole fun and games of getting them into the crate. I put it in the bathroom last night and then closed the hallway door so they couldn't get out. I did catch MM in the crate at one point, but then she jumped out of it and wouldn't get close to it. When I got up this morning and went into the bathroom, MM and Casper followed me. I closed the door and then when I left, I let Casper out and closed MM in there. Dealt with Corey first who ran around the room under the bed, around and over the bed a couple times before he ran over and "hid" behind the little box. I was able to grab him from back there with my oven mitts on and get him put in the crate. Then when I opened the bathroom door, MM was able to scoot out of there and get under the bed. I finally got her trapped under one of my nightstands and was able to drag her out and into the crate she went. They are both small, so I just put them both in the same one. I even got to work just about the same time as usual. I'll go back and pick them up after work. I'm sure they'll probably both be a little out of it for awhile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #7775  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Maggie, reading about you catching the kitties put a funny picture in my mind! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #7776  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Maggie, your fur babies sure do keep you moving! I think my puppy has allergies, he is having a sneezing coughing fit as I type.

Hope everyone is doing well. We are all ready for the holidays here. My husband is off work this week so I am hanging with him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #7777  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies
Quick check in before an early bed.
Maggie, your kitties do give you the merry chase hehe.
Joyce - good to see you.

I've missed all of you guys so much these past few weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #7778  
Stazon Splitcoast

Contractor did some minor touch ups he needed to do and I wrote him his final check.
Could have been a lot more than it was but he made a mistake and absorbed it... about $2000 worth. Thought that was very sweet of him. Not many would do that. I made spaghetti casserole and homemade garlic rolls for lunch. Was nice to have just the two of us to visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #7779  
Stazon Splitcoast

spent most of the day trying to track down my product key for Microsoft Word that I bought last Sept. My key was good for up to 3 computers. No such luck and could not be recovered on their website as they didn't recognize either of the 2 emails I would have used. Grrrr... About an hour ago I gave up and bought a new version of home/ student just for this laptop. Now I have a headache and am ready for my pillow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #7780  
Stazon Splitcoast

The amount of homeless folks is very scary. Springfield has 3 locations that offer complete holiday meals plus serve a nightly supper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #7781  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

spent most of the day trying to track down my product key for Microsoft Word that I bought last Sept. My key was good for up to 3 computers. No such luck and could not be recovered on their website as they didn't recognize either of the 2 emails I would have used. Grrrr... About an hour ago I gave up and bought a new version of home/ student just for this laptop. Now I have a headache and am ready for my pillow.
Kelly, that happened to me, but it was only a game. I had the key, but they wouldn't recoginize it. They wanted proof I bought it, but when I provided it, they said it wasn't their company. :( So, had to buy the stupid game again, because I was hooked!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 05:24 AM   #7782  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kelly, that happened to me, but it was only a game. I had the key, but they wouldn't recoginize it. They wanted proof I bought it, but when I provided it, they said it wasn't their company. :( So, had to buy the stupid game again, because I was hooked!
Wow! So what game are you hooked on LOL

If I didn't need Word on this laptop I wouldn't have bothered but the processor on the netbook isn't fast enough to handle my blog work where I need multiple tabs open at once. The netbook is good for writing when I travel, taking notes at conferences and checking email. As long as I'm only doing a couple of things at once that do not require a web browser.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 05:28 AM   #7783  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies
Looks like we got a decent rain overnight. The ruts in my back yard from the bobcat machine are filled with water. Hmmm maybe I need to see if my contractor fixed the leak. will be back
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 05:31 AM   #7784  
Stazon Splitcoast

All is well. We have a bucket under the 'waterfall' and there isn't anything in it this morning. Hope that is a good sign. We need to make sure this leak is fixed as my big stamp cabinet goes on that wall.
The leak issue is where they built into the existing roof. While a pretty waterfall effect when the water is running off the roof and into the addition, not exactly what I want. Hehe I teased the contractor about adding a wall waterfall to my floor plan without checking with me first :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 05:34 AM   #7785  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been out and taken care of the dogs. Enjoying one cup of coffee then I need to get cookies baked. I need to ship the kids' box tomorrow if I want them to get their presents for Christmas. Presents are bought. Need to wrap. Then they each get a small box of their favorite Christmas cookie. I'm not sure what Adrian's is other than the filled cookies I can not send but I'm pretty sure Abby is going to like the sandwich cremes. you know... because the cream middle will be all over that 3 year old face :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #7786  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Contractor did some minor touch ups he needed to do and I wrote him his final check.
Could have been a lot more than it was but he made a mistake and absorbed it... about $2000 worth. Thought that was very sweet of him. Not many would do that. I made spaghetti casserole and homemade garlic rolls for lunch. Was nice to have just the two of us to visit.
I know you are glad to have that all done. Now comes the fun part with all the inside work. That was nice that he absorbed his mistake. That happened to me a few years ago when I had my room put on. I was on my way out of town the next day after a guy came to my door about putting on the roof. Cold call. We agreed on a price and he ended up having to replace part of the porch roof which was unexpected, but since I had signed a contract for an agreed upon amount, he couldn't charge me extra for it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find his company again. I was going to refer someone to him. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #7787  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sorry about that Kelly. I know it must be frustrating. Hope the headache has cleared up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #7788  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

That doesn't make sense at all Sharon. I guess you bought it through a third party? or through the actual company? One reason I don't like buying games. I just play the free ones and then don't worry about it. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #7789  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning, ladies
Looks like we got a decent rain overnight. The ruts in my back yard from the bobcat machine are filled with water. Hmmm maybe I need to see if my contractor fixed the leak. will be back
Glad you got some rain. We're supposed to have some through the weekend. i was going to go get my hair color done on Saturday, but now thinking I'll postpone it for a week.

My DD in CA posted pics on FB of a leak in their ceiling. They knew they had one, but didn't see a spot and since they never get rain they were never able to do anything about it until this week when it started to rain pretty hard and now there is a spot in the ceiling, actually 2 spots. Another one popped up over night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #7790  
Quacker Stamper

I had an appt this morning with my orthopedist (actually saw the doctor this time) for my neck and shoulder (again). We've finally decided to do MRI's for both issues, so I have one scheduled for my neck after work tonight and the one for my shoulder tomorrow night. Nice that the place has late hours and it's over by my house, so not a problem. I'll get a call next week from the doctor on the results and see what if anything they can do for the problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #7791  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Kelly, that was nice. My husband mentioned new kitchen counters but I'm in no hurry for that mess!

Maggie, it seems like a long time you have had issues, hopefully they can get you fixed up soon.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow then taking my husband Christmas shopping for his gifts. He wants many things that I don't want to buy unless they are what he really wants. Electric guitar, cross bow. That kinda thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #7792  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sorry about that Kelly. I know it must be frustrating. Hope the headache has cleared up.
The headache was gone this morning. Today has been much more productive. I've mixed up cookie dough for the kids' cookies and getting ready to bake a cookie sheet of each kind. Jeremy's no-bakes are done. He will be happy SIL. :-)

And I've been able to accomplish some things on the computer that should have been done yesterday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #7793  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I had an appt this morning with my orthopedist (actually saw the doctor this time) for my neck and shoulder (again). We've finally decided to do MRI's for both issues, so I have one scheduled for my neck after work tonight and the one for my shoulder tomorrow night. Nice that the place has late hours and it's over by my house, so not a problem. I'll get a call next week from the doctor on the results and see what if anything they can do for the problems.
Bob got a list of Ortho's in our PPO this morning. He will meet up with him for the consultation and nerve test on his next trip home then probably have surgery on both wrists (carpal tunnel) on his time off in February.

aka.... very little is going to get done on the inside of the studio until he gets this fixed. But he really needs to get this done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #7794  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post
Kelly, that was nice. My husband mentioned new kitchen counters but I'm in no hurry for that mess!

Maggie, it seems like a long time you have had issues, hopefully they can get you fixed up soon.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow then taking my husband Christmas shopping for his gifts. He wants many things that I don't want to buy unless they are what he really wants. Electric guitar, cross bow. That kinda thing.
New counters are not bad. We did those in our old house. The challenge comes when you decide that if you're doing new counters you might as well do new cabinets ;-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #7795  
Stazon Splitcoast

We won't be able to do it this year because Bob doesn't come home until Christmas Eve but in the past when he's home we do Secret Santa Shopping. We swap lists and walk the store together showing each other what we want (yes, we go to WM - one stop shopping hehe) Then we split up and do our individual shopping. We each take a black trash bag for our bag so we can't see what the other got from our lists.

This year we are phone pic shopping. He takes pics of what he wants and sends them to me and I've done the same. That way since we have to shop separately, we each have visuals.

Ah Technology LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #7796  
Stazon Splitcoast

Looking for opinions on your choice between Cricut Explore and Expressions. I'm watching sales for a back-up in case my basic goes out. I know the Explore is exclusive to using the internet so not sure I want that all or nothing option. Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2014, 04:52 AM   #7797  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.
We are blanketed in a heavy fog right now and our temp is about 47* We're to have thunderstorms through here about noon then a cold front moves through. such crazy weather.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 06:27 AM   #7798  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

New counters are not bad. We did those in our old house. The challenge comes when you decide that if you're doing new counters you might as well do new cabinets ;-D
Yes, and then decide that you need new appliances and a new floor. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 06:29 AM   #7799  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Looking for opinions on your choice between Cricut Explore and Expressions. I'm watching sales for a back-up in case my basic goes out. I know the Explore is exclusive to using the internet so not sure I want that all or nothing option. Your thoughts?
I have no opinion on either one of those. I do have my Cricut, but also now I have a Cameo which I have not been able to play with yet. I hope to get my garage workroom cleaned up and out so I can put them out there where they will be more accessible to use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 06:29 AM   #7800  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning.
We are blanketed in a heavy fog right now and our temp is about 47* We're to have thunderstorms through here about noon then a cold front moves through. such crazy weather.
Hope you weathered the storms okay.
Reply With Quote Likes