Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #5761  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I'm feeling better about my scrap room already, I'm hopeing a good cleaning will get me back in there.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #5762  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
Brenda, it sounds like you had a fabulous vacation!

I am sorry about the loss of your great uncle. That is sad that he got into a car accident. I hope your great aunt has family close by.

I need to get breakfast and my second cup,of coffee. My parents are coming by in an hour and I am taking them to see the designer for their kitchen remodel it is an hour away so I am driving them and helping them pick out cabinets and counters and backsplash.
That will be fun to pick out the cabinets and backsplash :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #5763  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoyView Post
Good morning,
I'm planning on getting back into crafting for DTGD next month. As a matter of fact I posted a little daily challenge thread to help get ready if anyone wants to join me.

Here is the link
Mission DTGD 2014! by ashjoy at Splitcoaststampers
I did not have permission to see this page :-( I do not know what DTGD is either...saw you explained it on another posting so I will check it out :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #5764  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Oh, I feel your pain Brenda with the dog issues. Sounds like what I went through with Casper when he had his tummy issues. Have you checked with the vet? I give Casper and Corey Proviable DC every day. It's a probiotic and good for the digestion.

So sorry for your family's loss at the passing of your Great Uncle. Does she have children that live close to her?

Glad you were able to get a different flight home. Did they say why your flight was cancelled?
I left the dog for one hour today and he got sick again! UGH!! Back to no dog food for him. He was doing great last night and the minute he ate...sick again.

My poor Aunt who lost her hubby has already lost her only daughter and only grandson...so sad. Lost the grandson first (drugs :-( and then the daughter from a massive stroke). All sad.

They said my flight was cancelled due to maintenance. :rolleyes: Not sure if I believe that one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #5765  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Can't believe the summer is about 1/2 over already. Kids go back to school at the end of August.

I hope you dd had a great time on her vacation. Where are they going?
DD goes back to school July 31....super early! They are going to San Diego. First time I have let her do this. I will be a wreck with worry while she is away :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #5766  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I'm feeling better about my scrap room already, I'm hopeing a good cleaning will get me back in there.
Cleaning and organizing my craft room always makes me want to craft. Looking forward to seeing what you make :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #5767  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
That will be fun to pick out the cabinets and backsplash :-)
we had a busy day! Picked out the cabinet style and wood and color, backsplash tile and design, granite, sink, faucet....whew! It was long day.

Thank you for the Disney postcard. I have never heard of that museum. I need to google it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:30 PM   #5768  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,095 Likes on 871 Posts

Quote:

Good morning!

That's funny because Tuesday my sinuses were aching then I noticed my throat feeling funny like when your getting sick. Then noticed it started to itch. So I took a Zyrtec.

Yesterday I felt somewhat better. Still some sinus pain but not as bad. I didn't take another Zyrtec and when I went to bed I noticed a slight itching at the back of my throat!

So far this morning I am ok! LOL

I am not sure what is out here that I might be allergic too. Probably ragweed or something. I used to have really bad allergies so a little itch throat and sinus pain isn't too bad compared to what I used to have!
I hope that you don't get any worse Nancy. My illness a few weeks ago started out with scratchy throat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #5769  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Brenda, it sounds like you had a fabulous vacation!

I am sorry about the loss of your great uncle. That is sad that he got into a car accident. I hope your great aunt has family close by.

I need to get breakfast and my second cup,of coffee. My parents are coming by in an hour and I am taking them to see the designer for their kitchen remodel it is an hour away so I am driving them and helping them pick out cabinets and counters and backsplash.
How fun. You'll have to tell us all about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #5770  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I left the dog for one hour today and he got sick again! UGH!! Back to no dog food for him. He was doing great last night and the minute he ate...sick again.

My poor Aunt who lost her hubby has already lost her only daughter and only grandson...so sad. Lost the grandson first (drugs :-( and then the daughter from a massive stroke). All sad.

They said my flight was cancelled due to maintenance. :rolleyes: Not sure if I believe that one.
That is so sad about your aunt.

It probably was due to maintenance. Although, sometimes the pilots "find" things wrong and try to refuse the airplane.

That will be exciting for your DD to go on a trip with her friend. At least there are cell phones now so she can text and snapchat you etc etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #5771  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

We didn't have any issues, but we have a generator, so we were fortunate.

DTGD is the week long crop with challenges here at SCS, but it's only for fan club members and there are amazing prizes. I won a nice MFT GC last hear. Most prizes are from member companies and are valued starting at 50$ and I think they go up to 150$.

Sorry, the link will only work for fan club members. But each day of the week there are challenges posted and you have a week to get them all done. Those who complete them all go into a special prize drawing for the grand prize. Its worth the fan club fee to support SCS and have a chance to play along for the awesome prizes.
I'm a member of the Fan Club so I was able to see your post, but didn't see a link to the shopping list. Not sure I'll have time to play anyway. It does sound like fun with the prizes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #5772  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soni BView Post
Hi ladies...I am home had a great time away it was beautiful still shutting my eyes and remembering it all

my oldest brother and his wife are here for a visit so I hope to be having some more great times...

I want to thank those of you that sent cards for my birthday... they were all so special I have them up on my bakers rack to show off...

I need to see if the desk top will load up and try to get some thing up on my blog... and get around to each of you as well I think Don and Sue have plans later may be then

I am off to get my hair cut along with my sis in law and in need of a walmart run so we can eat this week lol

I hope you all have a great day... thanks again
It sounds like you had a nice trip! That's nice your brother and SIL are there to visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #5773  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Have you called your vet???? Sounds like you might need too.

That's so sad about your Great Aunt's family. I hope she has people close to her that can be of help.

Yeah, what's up with that. A lot of that has been going on. My DD's trip from Key West home was delayed 2 hours because of "crew availability." Then my boss flew to Austin a few weeks ago and they were on the decent into Austin and all of a sudden they turned around and came back to Houston. They said they were low on fuel. Huh???????????? How could they fly back to Houston if they were low on fuel? :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #5774  
Quacker Stamper

Thanks for the postcard Brenda. The Golden Gate is such an awesome sight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #5775  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That's so sad about your Great Aunt's family. I hope she has people close to her that can be of help.

Yeah, what's up with that. A lot of that has been going on. My DD's trip from Key West home was delayed 2 hours because of "crew availability." Then my boss flew to Austin a few weeks ago and they were on the decent into Austin and all of a sudden they turned around and came back to Houston. They said they were low on fuel. Huh???????????? How could they fly back to Houston if they were low on fuel? :confused:
Ok, that low on fuel one is bizarre! Which airline was that?

I believe the crew availability one though. I'm telling you, those pilots sometimes don't show up. Those pilots will do tricky things to get out of working too. I can tell you stories from "behind the scenes" that will make your eyes roll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #5776  
Proud Fan Club Member

My dd has had delayed flights 2 out of the last three flights she had. Both were with the same airline. I just booked a flight to Colorado tonight. I'm hoping I have better luck then she did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #5777  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

My dd has had delayed flights 2 out of the last three flights she had. Both were with the same airline. I just booked a flight to Colorado tonight. I'm hoping I have better luck then she did.

Good luck and safe travels !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #5778  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Terria, you must keep super busy every day. Seems you are always napping or getting to bed early. :mrgreen: Hope you were able to get rested.
Yes it seems like I am always running without stopping. sometimes
I feel like the energizer bunny and other days I feel drained . My day starts at 4:00 am and ends at about 10pm BUT LOOK HERE IT IS 10:22 ALOMOST 10:30 . some days I can catch a nap for about 30 mins when I can then I am up and off to the races again.

I three little people that keep me busy and sometimes my husband can turns into little person number# 4 Lol!!

I would rather be busy then ideal , I need to learn to manage time better and I think things wouldn't be so crazy .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #5779  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I believe the crew availability one though. I'm telling you, those pilots sometimes don't show up. Those pilots will do tricky things to get out of working too. I can tell you stories from "behind the scenes" that will make your eyes roll!
Remember coming home from Scrap Fest (on the way to my Denver tour) I went somewhere (I think Nebraska) for fuel. We had circled so much to try and land we ran low on fuel....crazy.

My friend was flying out of Phoenix last week and her flight also was cancelled due to "maintenance". She was really pressured to get another flight as she was going to Florida to board a cruise ship. Plus she had the 2 - 3 hour drive from here to the Phoenix airport. It was a stressful time but they made it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #5780  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhoshounView Post
I feel like the energizer bunny and other days I feel drained . My day starts at 4:00 am and ends at about 10pm BUT LOOK HERE IT IS 10:22 ALOMOST 10:30 . some days I can catch a nap for about 30 mins when I can then I am up and off to the races again.

I three little people that keep me busy and sometimes my husband can turns into little person number# 4 Lol!!

I would rather be busy then ideal , I need to learn to manage time better and I think things wouldn't be so crazy .
You are up EARLY!...that is my middle of the night. LOL ;) No wonder you need a nap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #5781  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Thanks for the postcard Brenda. The Golden Gate is such an awesome sight.
Glad you got it....got to you fast
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #5782  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

That is so sad about your aunt.

It probably was due to maintenance. Although, sometimes the pilots "find" things wrong and try to refuse the airplane.

That will be exciting for your DD to go on a trip with her friend. At least there are cell phones now so she can text and snapchat you etc etc.
Yes...I told her she needs to text me once a day. My hope is she misses me. LOL I think I am dreaming with that wish though. She is 13 and VERY much the independent girl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #5783  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

My Aunt has what she calls her "adopted granddaughter" that helps her so that is good. My grandma (who is 91) lives close by. It is my Aunt's sister. They are the remaining siblings out of 6 kids. I am so very glad my Grandma was not in that car when the accident happened. My Aunt was though. She just got banged up pretty bad. We are lucky she is ok.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #5784  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

About the dog.....I am giving it until tomorrow. I have him back on Saltine crackers. I plan to give him some rice in the morning and slowly introduce his food back to him. I think I gave him real food too soon. In the past I have had to do this. He is acting normal ... just the stomach thing. He is drinking and really wants to eat. He just ate his crackers. LOL. I am running out of bedding for him. I used some of my sheets today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #5785  
Pearl-ExPert

DD and I had pedicures today. It was wonderful! Then I went for a massage tonight. A real pamper me kind of day. LOL I am still doing laundry though (in between the pampering).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #5786  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

we had a busy day! Picked out the cabinet style and wood and color, backsplash tile and design, granite, sink, faucet....whew! It was long day.

Thank you for the Disney postcard. I have never heard of that museum. I need to google it! LOL
The museum is not very old and is mainly about his life. I loved it. It was in a wonderful old style building. His daughter put the entire thing together. Lots of stuff to look at and read about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #5787  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

The museum is not very old and is mainly about his life. I loved it. It was in a wonderful old style building. His daughter put the entire thing together. Lots of stuff to look at and read about.
Glad you got your card....yours also got to you fast :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 04:11 AM   #5788  
Proud Fan Club Member

Brenda, sounds like a nice day. I might see if I can squeeze a mani pedi in today as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #5789  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

My 6th grade math teacher had a bunch of books that were all biographies. I read his biography and Hershy's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 06:26 AM   #5790  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning peeps!

Not sure what our plans are for today. I hope to swim later.

I have laundry in the machine right now. I didn't do any laundry all week. So I will be paying for that decision over the next few days, LOL

Terria, I hope you got some rest yesterday!

Brenda, I hope your pooch's tummy issues get better soon. Have you tried putting down those puppy training pads over his bedding? Maybe that will help keep things cleaner. Maybe get some cheap bath towels at Kmart or something and put the training pad over those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #5791  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

United! My boss really thinks that there was an issue in the cockpit that they didn't want anyone to know about. I still can't see why anything would make them turn the plane around and make the trip back after they were already there. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #5792  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhoshounView Post

Ugh! That is early. I get up at 5:30 for work and I'm usually wiped out by 10 or 10:30 at the latest. Those little ones can really wear you out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #5793  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Remember coming home from Scrap Fest (on the way to my Denver tour) I went somewhere (I think Nebraska) for fuel. We had circled so much to try and land we ran low on fuel....crazy.

My friend was flying out of Phoenix last week and her flight also was cancelled due to "maintenance". She was really pressured to get another flight as she was going to Florida to board a cruise ship. Plus she had the 2 - 3 hour drive from here to the Phoenix airport. It was a stressful time but they made it.
I think the airlines really need to be more aware of their airplanes and their maintenance schedules. I know they try to keep a certain number in service, but if something happens to one, they should have a back up ready to take it's place.

I would have been really stressed if my flight cancelled and I was heading to a cruise ship.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #5794  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

About the dog.....I am giving it until tomorrow. I have him back on Saltine crackers. I plan to give him some rice in the morning and slowly introduce his food back to him. I think I gave him real food too soon. In the past I have had to do this. He is acting normal ... just the stomach thing. He is drinking and really wants to eat. He just ate his crackers. LOL. I am running out of bedding for him. I used some of my sheets today.
Poor guy. I hope he's doing better. The Proviable DC is an OTC that you can get maybe at the Pet store. I order mine online, but it is a Probiotic that my vet suggested for Casper when he was little and was having tummy issues form his food. I had to put him (and the others) on a special diet ("HA"). He does very well now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #5795  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

DD and I had pedicures today. It was wonderful! Then I went for a massage tonight. A real pamper me kind of day. LOL I am still doing laundry though (in between the pampering).
That all sounds very relaxing;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #5796  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

United! My boss really thinks that there was an issue in the cockpit that they didn't want anyone to know about. I still can't see why anything would make them turn the plane around and make the trip back after they were already there. Doesn't make any sense to me at all.
I am with you something was going on. I know the passager were freaky out. I know I would be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #5797  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Ugh! That is early. I get up at 5:30 for work and I'm usually wiped out by 10 or 10:30 at the latest. Those little ones can really wear you out.
Yes its rough, but once I am up and rolling I feel fine until around 4pm which is the 12 hrs mark then its nap time !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #5798  
Quacker Stamper

Hi ladies. Busy day at the office. It's been crazy especially since my boss has been in every day in his office and not doing a mediation or going to court or having meetings. :( It makes it hard to get on SCS even though I still an on my work computer. I try not to too much though.

Came home tonight and went and watered the front yard. We haven't had rain in at least 4 days and some things were looking a little wilted. I'll do the back yard tomorrow. It's supposed to get up to 95 this weekend. Ugh! I can't complain too much. We have really been having a mild summer so far, but I dread what it's going to be like in August. That's usually our hottest month of the year.

I've got to go grocery shopping in the morning for DD's birthday dinner. Again have to figure out what to have for the vegetarian. :confused: I want something that I can add some chicken too for the rest of us and it still be good for her. I'm cheating on her cake - I'm buying one instead of making one. I got a Groupon deal for a place here in town called Nothing Bundt Cakes and they make all their cakes in bundt pans. I ordered a chocolate chocolate chip one decorated for her birthday. It's an 8" size and feeds 8 people so with the 5 of us, it should be enough with little leftover that she can take home. ;)

Gonna go see if I can get some things done in my stamp room tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #5799  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Maggie! That must be rough when your boss is actually in his office instead of in meetings etc. LOL. I know the feeling.

Have fun with dinner with your DD and family for her birthday. Can you do like a noodle with marinara or Alfredo sauce so the veggie can eat that as a min dish and the others can have it as a side with the chicken?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #5800  
Pearl-ExPert

Nancy...great idea about the towels and also the pads. Several towels would be easier to manage than the old bedding we have been using. Maggie I did write down what you buy for your kitty in case I need to go get it. Today I gave him saltines and and extremely small amount of his dog food. Also, he was never alone today. DD was home all day. I ran errands in the am and she stayed with him. So far...so good. We shall see tonight. He sure acts normal....just was the stomach. Part of me wonders if he wasn't just all out of sorts with us gone so long and a house sitter he was not overly familiar with. Tonight is the test...LOL plus the more dog food I give him...see how it settles.

I went to WW this am. Had not been in three weeks. I had a small gain....one I deserved. LOL The cookies were good on vacation. My one friend got back to her goal today so I was very happy for her. Another buddy brought me a pin from the Disney resort on Hawaii. Then another lady gave me a bible study type book. So even though I gained at the scale all the rest of the meeting was fun stuff. Felt like Christmas getting the presents. LOL The one gal always brings me a book she has read and thinks I should read too. LOL She picks good ones so it works out. It would be terrible if I didn't care for her choices. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes