Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #601  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello GALS!

There is a fun little thing going on for one of our on here on SCS.
I hope you can join in the fun soon...

Look at this!!!!
Virtual Baby Shower for JadeOnline! 2/17/12, 8pm EST by StampinGoodDeeds at Splitcoaststampers

love you Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #602  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,338 Likes on 2,517 Posts

Good Morning Ladies--We got only a couple inches of snow yesterday, but lots of wind. It was good that I did stay home as the roads were kind of bad all morning. But, today I am heading to Madison. See you all later!

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #603  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good morning ladies!!!. Very, very windy here in BC. I tried to go to the store to get something to eat but my car got stuck, I had to return home. I'm with two of my sons at home, the other one is at school, I hope he takes the bus this afternoon. If they don't clean the roads today I'll be really stuck. I live in the mountain, so it is hard to get down to do anything, plus the power was off this morning. I couldn't have not even a coffee!!!!. But the power is back on now. I hope it stays like this. Ideal day to scrap!!!. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #604  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hiya GALS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #605  
Stazon Splitcoast

We have two lovely GALS with Birthdays this month!

Happy, Happy Birthday to

LELA

and

PATTY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #606  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I am going to play in the stamp room today and try to put away some of the new things I got yesterday--maybe even roll up the ribbon!

I hope you have a great day!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #607  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hi everyone! I have a quick question. Does anyone know what pinterest is? I was just looking around on the internet and I found several of my cards on there and I never even heard of it. I must be living under a rock here....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #608  
Stazon Splitcoast

Patty, I don't know much about it. I can access that sight well since it is soooooooo huge. My computer just can't support it.
But, if I understand correctly, it's a sight for you to share your craftiness. Or, if you share something you saw, you can "Pin" that but you must give credit to the original artist. Look at your cards, see who "pinned" them and make sure they are giving you credit and not saying they are theirs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #609  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's my explanation of it:
It's like a bulletin board or the household junk drawer, filled with newpaper articles of interest, lists of stuff "to do one day", pictures and postcards you can't throw away, and magazines you need to keep because that recipe on page 55 looks tasty. Except it's doesn't take up any space in your house, consume any trees or make your spouse go "Will you PLEASE clean this up?!?"

Basically, you create these "boards" with different topics. Could be crafty, but could be related to anything. You control the topics, so if you want to create one board for "Space Monster Pictures" and another for "Pink Cupcakes and Shoelaces", you can go right ahead.

Then, you start pinning stuff to your boards.

Two ways you can do that:
1) Surf the web. If I'm on your blog and like your card, I can enter the address of your site in my "pin". Pinterest lets me add a quick explanation "Awesome Card by Patti!!!" and pick a picture that it grabs from your site. I can scroll through the pictures to see which one I want (similar to the way some linky programs work). Then, I hit "Pin".
2) Check out Pinterest. I head over to your Cupcake and Shoelaces board and think the Yellow Shoelaces look kinda cool. So, I "Repin" your post, update my comment on it (if I want) and it adds it to my board.

When you look at a pin, I can see the picture you selected, your comment and it provides a link of where it came from. So, if you pinned your own card, I can head over to your blog and check out the details and check out your other work. I can "like" your pin, comment on your pin and "repin" the pin, which puts it on my board too.

You can also follow peoples Boards, so if I think your taste in Space Monsters is pretty groovy, I can "follow" your Board and every time you post a new space monster it will tell me.

I think that's about it. It's okay. Not perfect, but I guess it keeps the junk drawer clean!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #610  
Stazon Splitcoast

Now that is an explanation Heather! I like it!

I knew I didn't know much about that site! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #611  
Stazon Splitcoast

I posted to my blog today around 2:30. It's not showing up in the blog rolls/lists. I don't know why. Anyone have any ideas? You can click on "blog" in my signature and you see it but if you go to your blog roll, it just shows yesterday's post. Weird!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #612  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Checking In

Hello from Nashville, TN! I've been here all week for work. At least there is sunshine here and 50 degree temps. Ohio is getting lots of snow and cold.

Looking forward to a CRAFTY weekend. It's my B-Day Saturday so that will be a fun present to me ... Hoping I'm feeling the MOJO :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #613  
Insane Embellisher

Good evening ladies!!!. Long snowy day here in BC. Again the kids didn't have classes due to the snow, my husband was out of town, my internet was not working this morning, so I felt a little behind on everything, but I managed to visit some blogs and left some love!!! I'll try to start my challenge for the group tomorrow. Have a great night!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #614  
Watercolor Wizard

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been "quiet" lately. I got a cold earlier this week and have been home from work for two days. Have been reading lots, but not much to say. Haven't take the time to surf the blogs either. :(

I'm hoping I feel better by Saturday. I've got a crop planned. It's a Creative Memories consultant that puts on a retreat I go to each year. I don't really buy Creative Memories stuff, but she's great and puts on good events. This one is to raise money for the Valentine's Day Hair Massacure. Her daughter (about 8?) wants to shave her head. Last year, they told her if she raised $500 she could do it this year. She raised $4100, so they had to let her do it! Good for her, but I think the consultant is a bit freaked of her daughter losing all her hair!! I certainly would be!!

My blog posts haven't been too bad. This week's been terrible with the cold, but I think I got a few posted. Behind the scenes, I'm working on different challenges in advance and trying to schedule posts. I will have to go on a bit of a hiatus when baby gets here (less than six weeks!) but I'm hoping I have enough scheduled posts to at least keep some activity going.

Whoever has the March challenge, if you know what it will be and want to send it to me early, that would be fantastic! If we wait until the 22nd, I might not be able to get it done. I'm really hoping I'll be back for the April challenge, but it might be May.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2012, 03:30 AM   #615  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good Morning Ladies!

It has been one crazy week! I am so waiting for just one day to slow down so I can play. I am home for a few minutes this morning then off to an eye appt and off to work. The weekend looks really busy for me as well, but hoping I can squeeze in a date with my hubby and some stamping time.

I hope you are all staying warm with the snow fall. We got a few inches yesterday and there were a lot of accidents around. People did not realize the interstates were so slippery.

I do have a special blog post for Lela tomorrow! The blog has been slow this week since I have not had time to create.

Well, I am off to face the snow and slick roads!
Enjoy your Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #616  
Stazon Splitcoast

How is everyone doing today? How's the weather in your neck of the woods? We're bracing ourselves for another winter storm & as a precaution; I rescheduled the class I have for tonight in Bourbonnais. I don't want to be caught out in that kind of weather risking my safety as well as others who have to really *drive* to be there.

I'm keeping myself pretty busy planning/creating other classes but haven't posted anything to my blog yet. With everything that's going on; I'm not sure when I will but I do know that I'll have our challenge up on time :-)

Have a great Friday & weekend. I'm not making any promises that I'll be able to post on weekends since that's when my hubby is home & that's pretty much his time.
Talk with you all later!!
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2012, 04:46 AM   #617  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--it is Friday! It is very cold, temps in the low single digits and wind chill of -20 or so. Then, it warms up enough for us to get 4-6 inches of snow later this morning! So, staying put today, making a pot of chicken noodle soup (first time for that) as some friends are coming out tomorrow to go snowshowing. New snow will be good for the trails, so that should be fun.

I completed a swap yesterday and am working on a challenge card--I hope to finish today. I also moved the new/used bookshelf to the basement and will see if it will work in mu craft room. I also need to cut more foam board squares to roll the ribbon I got this week. So, a fun day in the craft room is on the agenda!

I hope you have a wonderful day--stay warm and stay safe!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #618  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Question on Pinterest--I tried to sign up, but I needed to have a Facebook account to do so. Is that true? I am not on FB and really do not plan to be, so that means I cannot access Pinterest either?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #619  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, so now I officially feel bad for the 63 degree day we'll have here today!
I hope all of you that are having snow and freezing temps just stay in and get inky!

*Happy Bday Lela! I hope you get a full weekend of crafting in before having to head out on the road again.

*Athina, I hope you get that date night with hubs!

*Jackie, great to see you. Hubby weekends (and kiddos of course)...that's me too!

*Carolina, more snow days?!!!! Wow, I do hope your kiddos aren't going to school in June like they tried to get ours to do last year b/c of so many snow days.

*Barb, your day sounds fantastic! Now, as for the snowshoeing tomorrow. I'd rather just sit in and drink hot chocolate with my blanket and an old movie! LOL or crafting of course! As for Pinterest, I'm not sure on the FB thing. Heather would probably know.

*Heather, you are doing great for an expectant mommy! No worries! Roro is our March hostess (I'm pretty sure), maybe we can get her to go ahead and think of something and I'll send it to you so you can get it done and posted with no worries of not getting it done. Thank you for being concerned about that. It means a lot with all you have going on. HUGS

Yesterday, even feeling not 100%, (not feeling quite there today either, hope I'm not coming down with something), I cleaned up and organized my craft room! Yay me! My DD came in this morning and said, "Hey mom! Your room is so straight!" hahahahaha
So, now I just need to mess it back up! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #620  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default NO EXCUSE BLOG POSTINGS LOL! :)

Regarding blog posts, remember ladies, if you think you're not going to have time to post something, you can always schedule it to post. For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, here it is. (for those of you that do, let me know if this sounds clear)

Type up your post just like always....BEFORE you click publish....go to posting options (publishing options). Click that and it brings up a date and time box for you to set it whenever. Say I wanted to make a post for Sunday. I would click in the date box set it for 1/22/12 and then the time box for 6:00 AM. You set it and forget it! How cool! When you finish with those 2 boxes, (and you're finished with all you want in your post), go to the Publish button. Click it! Blogger will give you a notification box that says your post is scheduled to post. Blogger will then automatically post that on the date and time you set!
I did this with all my 25 Days of Christmas Creations Posts. There was no way I would have been able to do them each day! I set up 10 posts at a time. You can do more or less, just up to you.

Well, there's my tip for the day. Heather I don't know how scheduling posts works for your blog. I know you already are "hip" to that though

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #621  
Insane Embellisher

Good morning ladies!!!. Another non school day here, so I'm with all my kids and apparently I'll be driving them to friends houses. It is not that bad outside so I don't get the non school day. Little secret: I've been accepted to be part of a DT, I can't say anything yet because they will announce everything this coming weekend, so you'll have to wait to see it in my blog, but I'm soooo exited!!!. They sent me some digi images and they are soooo cute!!! I can't wait to use them. I hope I can have some time to work today in our challenges and also get ready for my new "Job".
Melina: I tried to schedule a post like you said but it appear right away in my blog, I must be doing something wrong, I need to look it again, that would be so much easier!!!.
Barb: always having so much fun lady!!! Enjoy the weekend as well as everyone else!!!
Heather: Enjoy the last part of your pregnancy. I have three boys, I would give anything to feel them inside of me again, kicking and moving. I really miss those days!!! You'll do great!!!
Lela: tomorrow we'll be playing MahJon all day long with some friends, just in case: HAVE A GREAT AND FUN BIRTHDAY!!!.
Athina and Jackie: enjoy your hubbies.
Ok, ladies have a great day!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #622  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up WooHoo!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthinaView Post
I do have a special blog post for Lela tomorrow! The blog has been slow this week since I have not had time to create.
LUCKY Me! I can't wait, what a FUN Surprise Since I'm out of town, my DH and DS are worried I won't have a FUN day, LOL ... let's see, no interuptions, a desk, scrappin' stuff and my laptop for chatting .... I keep assuring them I'll be JUST FINE

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post
*Happy Bday Lela! I hope you get a full weekend of crafting in before having to head out on the road again.
Thanks Melina! I'm feeling the MOJO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajojusView Post
Good morning ladies!!!. Little secret: I've been accepted to be part of a DT, I can't say anything yet because they will announce everything this coming weekend, so you'll have to wait to see it in my blog, but I'm soooo exited!!!.

Lela: tomorrow we'll be playing MahJon all day long with some friends, just in case: HAVE A GREAT AND FUN BIRTHDAY!!!.
Thanks Carolina! I'm sure I'll have FUN and CONGRATS on the DT! You'll be AWESOME! I look forward to seeing your Inspiration

Last edited by Lmn; 01-20-2012 at 03:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #623  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning/Afternoon--Happy Saturday! It is a Bright and Sunny day here--we did get about 3 inches of snow yesterday, so it sure is pretty out. Our friends are coming around 2:00 and we are heading to a local county park to snowshoe--first time of the year. Then back here for soup and maybe some evening games--Dominoes or Rummy-O

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #624  
Watercolor Wizard

Okay, help me interpret Lela's challenge! I like it, but I'm low on ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #625  
Insane Embellisher

Good morning ladies!!!. Rainy day here in BC. I finished a challenge for my other group and today I should be working on another challenges, one for here and a couple more that getting close to the due dates. It is going to be a busy day and I don't know if I would have the time today to craft :(. I hope everyone is doing great!!! Barb today I'm playing with some friends MahJon all day long, it is going to be fun too!!! I hope you have a great time with friends. And....HAPPY BIRTHDAY LELA, HAVE A GREAT, SUPER, HAPPY, BLESSED DAY!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #626  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

The way I read it is to create a valentine that shows love in whatever way you wish--is it a bear holding a heart, or a box of chocolates, or two people kissing, or sweetheart candies, or two swans with their necks in the shape of a heart or............................... Now, that is what I think--but I too might be off base. It says it needs to have a heart or two on it--but I am not sure what the word recipe means (unless it just means to create)

So, someone else, like Lela, chime in and tell me if I am close?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeOnlineView Post
Okay, help me interpret Lela's challenge! I like it, but I'm low on ideas.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #627  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!

I'm taking the challenge like Barb. What do I think of when I think of Valentine's Day. That's my "Recipe"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #628  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good Evening Ladies!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LELA! I hope you are having a great day!

Carolina - That is wonderful news! Congrats! I know you will do great!

Barb - Snow shoeing? That soup soup sounds wonderful when you return.

Melina - Please send the warmer weather this way!

Jackie - Good Luck with your classes!

Heather - I am guessing the challenge is whatever means love to you. I know if it were my husband, he really does not have a use for cards, they just sit and collect dust. So I have something else in mind for him. I am not sure I will use it for the challenge, as it won't necessarily have a heart on it, but I can always wrap it with a heart. I don't know if that has helped or not. Good Luck!

Everyone enjoy the rest of your evening. I am off to pick up my car, grab some dinner and then return home to my warm comfy couch and blanket with my weekly treat (warm ch chip cookies and ice cream). Yummy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #629  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks for your thoughts everyone! That's kind of what I thought too, but the "recipe" things was throwing me off!!!

HaPpY BiRtHdAy LeLa!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #630  

LeLa- I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

This time of year is busy with birthdays for my family. My hubby's birthday is tomorrow and mine is on Tuesday- we'll both be 37 this year. Then on the 30th is my daughter's birthday- she will be 3. Then in the beginning of Feb is my older daughter's birthday- she will be 17. My son's birthday was before Christmas and he turned 7. So we have all 5 of our birthdays within 9 weeks, plus Christmas in-between there. My MIL says we kill her with the birthdays...LOL

To make it easier for me my MIL just has one party for my husband and I and then next week I'll have one party for my two girls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #631  

Thank you for all your help explaining to me what pinterest is. I've never heard of it before. The pictures that I found of my cards did link back to my blog and the person who posted them did say they were mine.

I just recently learned how to watermark my cards and I'm glad I did. Some of my shared photos didn't have my watermark on them because they were before I started marking them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #632  
Stazon Splitcoast

Taking a moment to say good morning to everyone! I don't have a lot of pc time on weekends but wanted to just pop on for a moment.....I hope you all have a great rest of the day :-D
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #633  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Afternoon All--we had a great day yesterday. The snowshoeing was fun and we had a nice supper too. We then watched the movie Source Code--quite interesting.

Going to watch some football games later today.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #634  
Insane Embellisher

Good morning ladies. Happy Sunday. Starting to snow again here. We'll be organizing the house today and I'll try to do some craft, but my husband was out of town the entire week so I don't know if I would have time. Have a wonderful day!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #635  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello!

Patty, wow that's a lot of birthdays together!

Carolina and Jackie, I hope you're having a great weekend!

Barb, I want to come to your house for the food. It always sounds so good. I'll stay in when you do the snowshoeing though! giggle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #636  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ldyglfr62View Post
Good Morning everyone. I spent the weekend at a soccer tournament for my oldest daughter. We will probably spend our bonus day off by going shopping. She has some gift cards from Christmas that are burning a hole in her pocket.
Ha! Ha! We just used our last Christmas gift card today! Restaurant card of course. We did good though. There is still $6 left on it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #637  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart YUP!

Quote:

Heather - I am guessing the challenge is whatever means love to you. I know if it were my husband, he really does not have a use for cards, they just sit and collect dust. So I have something else in mind for him. I am not sure I will use it for the challenge, as it won't necessarily have a heart on it, but I can always wrap it with a heart. I don't know if that has helped or not. Good Luck! !

Heather, This is what I was thinking....what does a Valentine look like to you... I made a Valentine Package for a friend (Hot Cocoa, Cups, Spoons, Marshmallows, Choc Mints). I just thought it would be fun to see Valentine Projects or cards ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #638  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cajojusView Post
And....HAPPY BIRTHDAY LELA, HAVE A GREAT, SUPER, HAPPY, BLESSED DAY!!!
Quote:

Good Evening Ladies!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LELA! I hope you are having a great day!
Quote:

HaPpY BiRtHdAy LeLa!!!!!!
I had a relaxing weekend, thanks for the wishes! Athina, my "blog card suprise" was AWESOME! :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #639  
Watercolor Wizard

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to give a shout out for the upcoming Virtual Stamp Night (VSN). If you've never participated in one here on SCS, you should check it out.

It's basically a themed stamp-a-thon. LOL. There is a "main event", which goes over two days and a "mini" event which just goes one night. Challenges are posted hourly. Part of the challenge is to get your project done in 45 minutes.

Don't be intimidated!! That doesn't include reading time and a bit of planning time and you don't have to post in the time limit. Plus, people use all sorts of strategies to get ahead of the game (like pre-coloring images for the theme). Plus, nobody's watching your clock; the point is to play along, not to stress yourself out.

The next VSN theme is "Spring Has Spring". The mini is on Friday February 10th and the main event is Friday March 9th and Saturday March 10th. If you can't play on the day of, you have all weekend to get your cards into the gallery.

I'm not sure I'll be able to play in March, but I've signed up as a hostess for the mini and would love to see some of you there!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #640  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Yup

Quote:

Hey everyone!

...The next VSN theme is "Spring Has Spring". The mini is on Friday February 10th and the main event is Friday March 9th and Saturday March 10th. If you can't play on the day of, you have all weekend to get your cards into the gallery.

I'm not sure I'll be able to play in March, but I've signed up as a hostess for the mini and would love to see some of you there!!!
Thanks Heather! I've put it on my Calendar for at least the Feb Mini. I'll be at a Scrapbook Crop for those dates in March. I'll be sure to come and play during your challenge ...
Reply With Quote Likes