Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #441  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,323 Likes on 2,504 Posts

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #442  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 433 Likes on 165 Posts

Sorry, I haven't been over to chat much. I do a prison ministry once a year and this year it is in October. In fact, I leave tomorrow. I have been busy baking over 500 dozen cookies and making 11 banners to hang in the gym to festive up the prison environment a bit. We will have 42 of the residents taking part in the weekend and a team of around 32. We would appreciate your prayers so much and if you would like to be included on the prayer chain that is made of paper strips with everyone who is praying for us on, PM me a time during the time of the weekend (Oct. 23-26th) and I will put your name on it. The women who come in thinking no one is cares about them are pretty much blown away when they hear that the prayer chain that encircles the room is made up of all those who are praying for them. It usually brings the first tears of the weekend. Your prayers are very powerful and changes hearts. It is a wonderful way to be a part of this ministry even if you never enter the walls.

I will be back on the 28th and I already have my card for the October blog challenge ready to go. All I have to do is get it loaded. I can hardly wait to see the creative ways you use "music" the universal language. I think it's something that has touched all of our lives and hopefully has brought you joy!

I'll try to get by next week to report about what God has done in Marlin, Texas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #443  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
Good morning, friends! How was your weekend? It was rainy, cold, and gloomy on Saturday, but sunny yesterday. Looks like the temps are dropping all week, with highs in the 40s by Thursday. Brrr!

I have too many end-of-season jobs to get done! Today I need to call the company that winterizes the sprinkler system. I also need to call chimney sweeps for a cleaning, and get some firewood ready. Our patio furniture is still outside, too. Not ready to bring it in just yet!

Has anyone started making holiday cards yet? I'm a little slow with the crafting and need to get back into gear!
Sounds like you will have a busy week.

Yes, I have the holiday card thing goin' on! Actually, there is a group of girls that we have a Christmas Card Making Weekend every year. We rent a house at the beach and craft all weekend...well, when we are not shopping or eating! We are a bit late this year. We usually try to go in October, but will be going the first weekend in November. There are six of us and we do around 100 cards each. There is paper and glitter everywhere! I am going to scale back on the amount of cards this year. It does require pre-planning and having everything available, as there is quite possibly the smallest and most rinky dink Joann's in the coastal town - don't forget anything!!! LOL It just hit me the other day, the holidays are just around the corner....yikes! :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #444  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazylizardView Post
Sorry, I haven't been over to chat much. I do a prison ministry once a year and this year it is in October. In fact, I leave tomorrow. I have been busy baking over 500 dozen cookies and making 11 banners to hang in the gym to festive up the prison environment a bit. We will have 42 of the residents taking part in the weekend and a team of around 32. We would appreciate your prayers so much and if you would like to be included on the prayer chain that is made of paper strips with everyone who is praying for us on, PM me a time during the time of the weekend (Oct. 23-26th) and I will put your name on it. The women who come in thinking no one is cares about them are pretty much blown away when they hear that the prayer chain that encircles the room is made up of all those who are praying for them. It usually brings the first tears of the weekend. Your prayers are very powerful and changes hearts. It is a wonderful way to be a part of this ministry even if you never enter the walls.

I will be back on the 28th and I already have my card for the October blog challenge ready to go. All I have to do is get it loaded. I can hardly wait to see the creative ways you use "music" the universal language. I think it's something that has touched all of our lives and hopefully has brought you joy!

I'll try to get by next week to report about what God has done in Marlin, Texas.
Wow, Liz. That is a lot of work that you are doing. So very nice of you to donate your time and efforts. I do hope that your visit goes well and you are and travel safe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #445  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Have a Great One!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #446  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #447  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

We are HOME!! Exhausted, but home! 600+ miles of driving and I did all the driving this trip! Little man had such a good time, which had us worried since he just got over being super sick. Steroids and the nebulizer did wonders! We all had fun but unfortunately the timing is right in the middle of a busy school weeks - Opera is this week for my dd (who happens to have a lead starting today, and I won't be there to see it) :( My son was picked as #1 to represent 3rd grade in the Spelling Bee regionals and we've got to get him to that on Friday, but missing school from being sick, then the trip, his school work is piling up! He also has testing on Saturday for 2nd mid-terms black belt which means even more back and forth

.... but some good news while we were gone! Dd18 got a call and was offered the job! I'm happy for her. We talked to her and laid down the law, and reminded her that college comes first - you work only if classes/grades permit. We didn't really want her to work, but it's something she has to do for herself, I think - she needs to start establishing her little self in the big ol world.

I did my first day on the job at the library! It was interesting and challenging I did it last year so it hasnt' changed that much. I have 3 books still in my review pile that if I don't get read and reviewed, they are going to 'toss the book at me', LOL!! Sorry, couldn't resist!

I have kept you all in thought and on my prayer list. LIz , you are SUCH a hero to me!!!! I love your commitment, your constant vigil to give so much of yourself. They are blessed to have you in the Kairos.

Christmas cards?!!!!!!! Not even close. LOL! I'm lucky to get A - as in ONE - done by the time thanksigiving rolls around. I stopped fighting that years ago. I'm a card maker but I give myself a pass on Christmas cards and if they come from a box from Hallmark, then so be it I actually used to order mine every year - printed names and all - quite fancy schmancy! I have tons of holiday cards to make, they are actually my VERY favorite, it just seems with classroom work, room mom, 3 December birthday daughters to deal with, that entire month is a nightmare!!! I wake up and it's mid-January

Blessings, all!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #448  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

So great to see a post from Kelly and an update that the trip was wonderful!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #449  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Barb!!!!!!! Missed you all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #450  
Gabfest Goddess

poppysmileyf_zpsfef02dff.gif
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2013, 05:09 AM   #451  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--I hope it is a Crafty Day for You!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #452  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Ladies--I will be leaving early tomorrow morning and will not be back until late Sunday afternoon. Trick or Treating is Sunday from 4-7 in our township, so I hope to be back by then. The Packers play the Vikings Sunday night--so I WILL be back by then!

Have a good weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #453  
Gabfest Goddess

happy_friday1.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #454  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
QUESTION ............

I just thought of it when I was looking at my post to Tami - do you all write in your bibles? I don't. I just can't. But my bible is an old one, handed down from my grandma to my mom to me and its' FULL of writings, underlinings, passages an old pastor must have said because someone wrotes notes in the margins! I'm not against it - I just don't

Thoughts on this? What do you all do? Just curious
Hi, just realized that I never replied to your question! No, I do not write in my bible.

I actually use a digital version of the bible. I use You Version on the computer, then the app on iPhone and iPad. I really like the ease of looking something up and now they have text to speech option with different reading plans. For my Kindle, I have a yearly/daily reading bible, as You Version does not work for Kindle. I also like that I have access via my phone if ever needed and to read at any time........I even use electronic sticky notes..... I know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #455  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy SONday! (and I just posted a witch - hee hee! She's just in costume!) I'm sorry I have been so absent - what a week, month!! It's truly been over the top jam packed and hectic, and I desperately need some time to wind down! I haven't crafted, blogged, created or anything of the inky sort in forever! I miss it! From the Opera ending and us having a little more free time now (especially without all the running back and forth from rehearsals!) and finding a balance between working in the library (ahem, volunteering!!) and my son's school, I am hoping this month will be a little less chaotic!

Blessings to you all ~ hugs and more hugs!!
x0x0

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #456  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Happy Birthday a day late............. to a very special Jeanette

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 03:26 AM   #457  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 5,005 Likes on 3,886 Posts

Good Morning Faith-Filled Friends!

I'm back from my AMAZING trip and after two days of being unable to log on to SCS, it looks like things are now in working order again. YAY! I missed all of you so much!

I'm so far behind and have much too much to do this week, so I don't have time to read and catch up. I'm sorry! Have I missed anything important?

I DID DO A QUICK SCROLL THROUGH ON MY WAY HERE AND SAW SOME SWEET AND COLORFUL BIRTHDAY GREETINGS... THANK YOU!!!

DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #458  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Welcome home, Jeanette! Glad your trip was all things wonderful!

My dd18 is on her way home as I type - she and her bff (and parents!) are in Disney World for the weekend - so we took her truck to the dealer for all the things it needs while she is away ;) Now I'm home and have got to clean my house!!

Ladies, if I could ask for prayer for a little girl at my son's school. She's in the 3 y/o class - in ICU as I type and her parents are beside themselves with grief. She was hit by a truck and run over. It seems her mom was talking to a neighbor and lost sight of her for a minute and she ran into the road. She has a broken pelvis, both legs broken, and a host of others problems - she made it through surgery and will have to have castings for 4 weeks minimum, then physical therapy after that. My heart aches for the mom - I've been where she is, just different circumstances. I know in my heart that the mommy will suffer from guilt for a long, LONG time and the memory of it forever. Just hurts my heart so much for them, and i know they would appreciate our prayers. Thank you ♥

Hugs all around x0xo

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #459  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh dear me! Kelly, I'm stopping to pray right now... for that precious little girl and her hurting parents. Thank you for passing on this prayer request, as it certainly sounds like they need a host of prayer warriors. I will continue to pray! And will wait anxiously to hear updates from you - good ones, please, Dear Lord!

My trip WAS fabulous!

Sounds like your DD has been having a great trip, too. I love DW!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #460  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies!

Welcome Home Jeanette! Sounds like a great week!

We spent the weekend in Central Wisconsin. We were at roomie's sister Donna's former house--she is the one who has been living with us since July as she waits for an apartment to open up at a great Senior Living place 7 miles from our house. We packed up bins of clothes to bring back here. Donna also packed up the dishes she wants at her new place and a couple of other items she wants. She has lots and lots of "stuff' as she collected antiques and many other things for many years--think a three story house, two sheds and a former town hall--all filled with things................

We also went to a wedding reception on Saturday night for Matt--the son of their brother Dennis. It had kind of a costume kind-of-theme and was fun. They had a "photo booth" and many people took pictures and got a strip of 5 photos. Matt and Brook got a copy of all of the pictures and a CD too. We stopped by their house on the way back yesterday and saw some of them. They also had some large white puzzle pieces and the attendees were to write a "piece of advice" on the puzzle piece. They will put them all together and put them in a frame as a wonderful keepsake.

I am going to work on some cards today as well as a grocery run. I hope you have a Marvelous Monday!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 AM   #461  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Kelly---prayers ascending for the little girl and her family....................

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 06:33 AM   #462  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thanks Barb, it's good to be home... briefly, since I leave again in 4 days. LOL!

Oh wow! Sounds like you have been busy! The wedding reception sure sounds like fun!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 01:39 AM   #463  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The day is starting early for me! ;) (I woke at 3:00; was still awake at 4:00... so I got up. I have too much to do to enjoy the luxury of lying in bed without sleeping, so I decided I might as well get up and get busy.)
Find Me on Instagram

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 10-29-2013 at 01:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 05:38 AM   #464  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 05:42 AM   #465  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
Hi Barb! YES, it is... cuz my blog is fixed! WOO HOO!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #466  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I saw that and sent you an email to say YAY!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Hi Barb! YES, it is... cuz my blog is fixed! WOO HOO!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 05:47 AM   #467  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you for doing that, Barb! You made me
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #468  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post
Thank you for doing that, Barb! You made me

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #469  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there is a theme this month, but for the life of me can't find it..... Can someone point me in the right direction?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #470  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Heart

Hi all! Sorry t check in so late, had a mtg this am that ran LONG!! Off to getmdd18 in a bit as her car wasn't ready from the dealer yesterday. We hoped to,have it serviced while she was at Disney. The guy just laughed and said come back tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Here is the theme for tomorrows card, y'all!!!

Hostess:lizW

"But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good, salvation comes from the Lord." Jonah 2:9

I love music and a "song of thanksgiving" surely pleases the Lord. Never does He speak that the songs of our hearts need to be perfectly performed to be a joyful sound to Him. So, think of some ways you can make a joyful sound to the Lord your God. The challenge this month will be to use a musical instrument image, musical score paper, musical note brads, etc. Whatever you have in your stash that is of the musical nature!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #471  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Kelly!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #472  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh... I thought the card was for Thursday. It's tomorrow? (I am so silly - I thought we always posted on the last day of the month. OOps! Better get my card made)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #473  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is Thursday, isn't it??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #474  
Gabfest Goddess

Oh.....maybe just a typo? I thought we posted on the last day of the month. I have been behind the past few months, so maybe I missed something. I am scheduled for the 31st. Please let me know if I need to change it for tomorrow and I will! Looking forward to seeing some music!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 02:00 AM   #475  
Forum Fanatic

Received 454 Likes on 310 Posts

Morning!

Kelly: adding the little girl, her family, her medical team & the driver to my prayers! Please pass along any updates as they come your way. What a terrible accident.

Regarding our monthly challenge - I also thought we posted on the last day of the month. Since it's the 30th - and my card exists only in my head - I won't be posting it until tomorrow. But, at least my blog is back up & running and Jeanette's is all fixed as well. Woo Hoo!!

Have a great day everyone.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #476  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well, I slept in this morning! I didn't wake until nearly 3:30... couldn't go back to sleep............. so I got up and showered at 4:30 and started my day.

Oh well................

My card will be on my blog tomorrow... since I didn't hear otherwise. ;)

Darlene, I'm so EXCITED that your blog is back! WOO HOO!!! Also excited that mine is fixed!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 05:31 AM   #477  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! On my way to the optometrist to see what's wrong with the eyeballs I'm getting blurry vision all the time, including with glasses, contacts ... it doesn't matter what I wear, I can't see! I hope we can find the resolution. I was just there for an annual eye exam in April - how much can eyes change in a few months!

Yep, cards are due tomorrow - sorry about that. I knew it was the last day of the month but it was a typo (thanks, Tami!) Just a tired brain, tired mommy!!

Dd's car still isn't done, I have to take her back and forth to college, the girls started a new rehearsal now for Christmas caroling competetion, tomorrow is my son's field trip to the Actor's playhouse, my library stint has extra books since the sunday school kids added in their bins this week (do a good job, the world notices! LOL!!) and I still have to get cards done (yeah, right!), books reviewed, bbbbbbbbllllllllllllahhhhhhhhh blahhhhhhhh! Never a dull moment!

Big hugs all around!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #478  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator

I wanted to make Jeanette's day as she is now a year older.........

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #479  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Nope... still 17! But thanks for the camel smooch, Barb! You know how much I love them!!!

Kelly, sorry to hear you're having problems with your eyes. Keeping you in my prayers!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #480  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Woot for camels! And being 17 - again! I'm 29. Again. EVERY YEAR. You are just a mere babe

Eye appt went well - I LOVE my eye dr!!!!! He's the BEST. I've been with him 11 years now - will follow him anywhere! My script is really bad though - we're trying to jump through hoops to get me to see right without having to go totally drastic. Crossing my fingers this new script will be 'the one' - even for now!

Thank you for the prayers for Abbi - the little girl at our school. She is home! By the grace of God, she is alive and recovering - will have to be at home until after the new year and then many months of physical therapy, I'm told. But the beauty of kids' bodies is they are so resiliant and heal so much faster. Her poor mom ...... I know the prayers will help her, too.

Off to drive dd18 to college - and grateful I don't have to do this every day .....

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes