Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/)
-   -   **Open** Paper Princess Friends and Bloggers.... (New Thread) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/%2A%2Aopen%2A%2A-paper-princess-friends-bloggers-new-thread-542231/)

amsmiles 12-11-2011 05:57 AM

Sunday Challenge #4

Suuuuunday!!! Time for our weekly challenge! :)

This week's challenge is to make a center step card using this template:

Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials

It should be Christmas themed! You can use it as a decoration to sit on your mantle or counter top if you do not want to mail it out! Lots of possibilities!

**EXTRA CHALLENGE!!!! (optional!) Use a snowman/men (or woman!) on your creation!

Have fun! :)

nhagen 12-11-2011 01:31 PM

I got my Sunday challenge posted! I have a little cold and am feeling a little under the weather but I got it done! Thanks AM!!

amsmiles 12-11-2011 04:11 PM

Hope you feel lots better soon, Nancy!! :)

mepylant 12-11-2011 07:38 PM

Thanks for the new challenge AM! I've never tried this card or a side step card. I did find a blog post with the A2 measurements if anyone wants to do a smaller version for mailing.

a different stair step card |

can't wait to try this! :D

Sands4ever 12-12-2011 04:24 AM

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, brought DH home from the hospital Saturday afternoon and I have been totally immersed in helping him. The surgery was a big success, thank you everyone for the prayers! I don't know how much I can log on, but will try to post when I can. AM is the side-step card due this Sunday? Maybe I can break away to my craft room later this week.

Hugs to everyone and thanks again for all the prayers!

Sands4ever 12-12-2011 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 18997133)
I got my Sunday challenge posted! I have a little cold and am feeling a little under the weather but I got it done! Thanks AM!!

Nancy, Hi! Sorry to hear you're under the weather, "tis the season"! I've been taking some cold pills which seem to really help.

amsmiles 12-12-2011 05:11 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOIRA!!!!!

Hope you have a great day! :)

nhagen 12-12-2011 05:32 AM

Good morning!

Happy Birthday Moira!

Marsha, glad to hear that DH's surgery went well.

cajojus 12-12-2011 06:49 AM

Good morning ladies!!! and Happy Birthday to Moira!!!. Marsha I'm so glad that the surgery went well, that's good to hear!!!. Hope everyone is feeling better. Here at home something may be cooking... two are starting with runny nose :(. Hope we are all OK for the holidays. Well need to go for some Christmas shopping... still lots to do!!!

SmartBug 12-13-2011 10:49 AM

Hey ladies.. sorry I have been MIA.. our family was involved in a huge food drive here in our little city (33,000 people). The original goal was to fill a 53 foot semi trailer full of food for our food bank. One of our friends - a local radio dj - was going to live in the trailer until it was full... a miracle happened and he filled the first one up in 6 days - so as crazy as it sounds, he decided to do a second.. which turned into a third - and technically a fourth with the cash donations that were given. On top of that he wanted to have 700 turkeys donated - 600 one for each family that uses the food bank and 100 for the Salvation Army that puts on a Christmas dinner for the homeless AND feeds people every day. Well.. another miracle happened and we had almost 1000 turkeys donated. Not only did he fill up the second truck he filled a third - much of that food went to a neighbouring community which has been hit hard by the economy... AND on top of that with all of the cash donations and food that has been back ordered - a local store offered pallets of food that businesses could buy (which the sold more than they expected) - the could have filled a fourth truck. Seriously AMAZING!!!! I am so proud to have witnessed what our community and those from around the world - our friend is a twitter wizard and we had people donating turkeys and food from all over the world!

Plus I was working full time.. we didn't eat at home for over a week. I'm sure our doggy thought we had deserted her! :(

It was a totally crazy, exhausting, rewarding eleven days!! Since I've been home I have been trying to clean up, laundry, Christmas shop etc. Plus I have been trying to wade through over 1000 emails... EEK!!

I totally wasn't expecting to work today -but I got called in to work this afternoon - fortunately for me they have a guest teacher - so I'm getting to play on the computer! :) I will have the next few weeks off - I promise to get caught up, do the challenges and get myself on a better schedule.

Thanks for your patience with me!! Now I'm off to read a few posts before the lunch bell goes! Expect a few posts from me! hehehe

SmartBug 12-13-2011 10:58 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes - I had a totally fabulous day! After a late night due to my over excited puppy.. I was able to sleep until NOON!!! Then my hubby took me for lunch.. we did a little shopping and then came home right as the boys arrived home from school. I got some cool presents and my hubby cooked me my favourite dinner - roast beef, yorkshire pudding and all the yummy stuff that goes with it!

He did burn the cake - my fault - so my mom picked up a DQ ice cream on her way - my sister and kids came over for cake.

nhagen 12-13-2011 07:50 PM

That is awesome Moira! That is a lot of food. That is so great people near and far contributed to sucha good cause.

You sound like you have been really busy lately!

nhagen 12-13-2011 07:54 PM

Ok, I think I am in a carfting rut. I made a LO for a swap and when I posted it to my gallery, I realized I made an extremly similar LO for someone else the round just before this one! Nothing like seeing two LO's side-by-side to realize it.

I need to step up my LO's and even more so, my cards. I see all these cute ideas or techniques and then don't even think do them on my cards!

I need to break out of this cycle of doing the same thing.

amsmiles 12-14-2011 07:57 AM

Morning! :)

Hubby announced that he has to go into the office at home for a series of meetings this coming week which means we are going home for the holidays a week earlier than planned and staying a few days longer! LOL Nothing like the un-expected to throw all of your plans into a tail spin! I am literally running around like a crazy person now trying to figure things out and re-arrange all of our plans! :rolleyes: Crazy, I tell ya! LOL Oh well! Guess I will just roll with the punches and hope for the best! :)

Marsha...so happy that your hubby is doing well! Thinking about you guys!!

Moira...WAY TO GO!!! on the food trailer drives! That is awesome!! Glad you had a nice birthday!

Nancy...there are oodles of scrapbook layout sites. Try to print out some sketches and play with those! That will push you outside of your box for sure!! :) Hope you are feeling better!

Carolina...hope you guys are feeling better and that your holiday plans are all coming together nicely!

Melina...really enjoying your 25 days of Christmas on your blog! Nice work lady bug!

Ok, I am off to try to plan and assemble a bazillion Christmas gifts because I won't be able to take most of my craft stuff with me...le sigh!!! (and get our school day done and finish Christmas cards and do laundry for the trip and bake a few cookies and...) LOL Have a great day ladies! :)

Big hug!!

nhagen 12-14-2011 04:32 PM

You seem like you are always coming and going AM!

I am going to try and start some Christmas cards tonight.

SmartBug 12-14-2011 09:23 PM

AnnMarie - I hope you have some sort of bonus points system where ever you buy your gas.. you would make a fortune with all the driving you do!

Save travels!

Nancy - how did the card making go? Did you get some made?

PamL 12-15-2011 03:37 AM

Happy Thursday everyone :)

What a heartwarming story of giving Moira. As bad as the economy is, people are still very generous when giving to those in need. Happy Birthday as well!

Glad to hear that your hubby is home Marsha and hope he has a speedy recovery.

Safe travels Ann Marie :)

I've been struggling lately. I was sick for 2 weeks, and I'm much better, but now I can't sleep!! UGHH!!! I sleep for 3-4 hours, then I'm wide awake. I'm not one of those people who can go without sleep. Fortunately, I have a flexible schedule right now, so I'm managing. I'm not stressing over Christmas, even though I have lots of stuff I want to do. I've never had a Christmas yet, that was a total flop :)

On a fun note, I went to dinner with my card swap ladies Tuesday night. One of the girls put us all to shame and brought handmade gifts for everyone...LOL She made bath salts shaped like gingerbread men in the cutest gift bags with handmade gift tags. She gave me a pair of adorable earrings made from the Stampin' Up jingle bells, and they were on a lavendar scented sachet that she made from the Stampin' Up burlap and fabric. They were in a box that she decorated that was absolutely adorable!

Pam

mepylant 12-15-2011 07:41 AM

Moira, that is wonderful about the food drive!
Nancy, hope you are feeling better. I'm all stopped up this morning with so much sinus pressure.

Hi All! I'm so behind with my Christmas to do! My sis and I are going and trying to finish are shopping tonight. crossing my fingers I get it done! :)

nhagen 12-15-2011 12:54 PM

Didn't get any cards made but I did get most of my supplies together LOL

Thanks for reminding me to take my sinus meds, Melina!

It's been a busy day, started off with having to drive to ds's school to drop off his backback with his lunch in it!

I want just one day where I can stay home all day and not run around to appointments and stores etc.

cajojus 12-15-2011 03:06 PM

Hi ladies, quick hello again. So busy running from one place to another. I have to take the kids to the gym. Nancy I think the same way, I wish for a day not going anywhere, but that's impossible around Christmas!!!. I hope everyone is feeling well. I'm done with Christmas cards, although I just bought a couple of punches/dies Christmas related, I think I'll use them next year, or soon because for next time I'll do my Christmas cards much earlier. I didn't post anything for a while, and I don't think I'll have time till next week. i'll visit blogs soon too, sorry :(. Have a great night.

nhagen 12-16-2011 05:16 AM

Good morning! DD1 will be home from college in a few hours for Christmas!

I did get a chance yesterday to make a few gift card holders. I need to make peppermint bark and get a box ready to get in the mail.

I did forget to put some paperwork in DD2's backpack so that means I will need to get in the car again. Her school is close so hopefully that will be the only place I go!

amsmiles 12-16-2011 05:48 AM

Good morning! :)

Made it in about midnight last night. We hit a deer about 15 minutes from home though. :( He got up and ran away so hopefully he is ok, but man oh man do I feel awful about it. No damage to the car or passengers so I am grateful for that.

Just wanted to check in before I get my day rolling! We brought two of our kiddos with and my other two will come rolling in on Christmas eve! I get to spend the next couple of days cleaning house and turning this place into Santa's workshop! LOL I still haven't even started Christmas shopping...eeeeek! I am cutting it closer than ever this year! Good thing I like a challenge! LOL

Have a great day, ladies! :)

mepylant 12-16-2011 06:43 AM

Morning ladies! Yucky, rainy day here today. Great weather for staying in and crafting! :)

cajojus 12-16-2011 09:14 AM

OMG AnnMarie, I'm glad everyone is ok. That would have been a horrible moment though. If he ran away most likely he is doing fine. We killed a dog once. We didn't see it and when we were in the route he cross just in front of us running. It was HORRIBLE. It was back in my country decades ago. There are always loose dogs everywhere. We couldn't stop shaking. It was a very sad day. I thought I was late for the Christmas... lady... you didn't even start shopping????. Good luck!!!. I finished yesterday. This year I'm later that ever before. Tonight I'm having a 4 hours Tae Kwon Do seminar so I'll be exhausted!!!. Tomorrow afternoon I'll start to enjoy my Christmas season. I'll post my news tomorrow too in my blog. Thanks for the good wishes, I appreciate!!!. Have a great Friday.

cajojus 12-16-2011 11:02 AM

Ok, I finished the two cards that I was missing. Now I can say: I'm done with my Christmas cards, at least the ones that I have to give away. I ordered lots of Christmas staff for Christmas so I guess I will continue playing with them, but not with the urge to send any though. I used the challenge for Sunday, so you can't see it until then. ;).

PamL 12-16-2011 11:36 AM

My DD hit a deer 2 weeks ago while driving my car. It did $3200.00 worth of damage! Thank goodness for insurance. She wasn't hurt, just scared.

One of my scrapbooking friends lost her husband last night to cancer. That's the second one in less than a month :(

Pam

nhagen 12-16-2011 11:57 AM

Pam, so sorry for your loss. That is just so sad.

AM, that is great no damage to the car and eeveryone is ok. The deer is probably alright. If you killed it, your car would have major damage. I knew several people who have hit deer. Luckily, we have never hit one but I did witness a deer dump into a tractor trailer cab and get flung down the road in my direction. Luckily I saw the deer before it jumped into the road and anticipated what was going to happen.

No such luck on staying home today. DD1 is home now and she is making the peppermint bark for me, he he he

amsmiles 12-17-2011 09:19 AM

Hey guys!

Quick check in! My son has a soccer game today so I hope to hit a couple of stores after and do a little bit of shopping! :shock:

Pam, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's loss. :( Things like that are so hard and when they happen near the holidays it feels so much bigger. Hugs for you and your friend.

Nancy!! YIKES!!! Flying deer!?! Now that is scary!!

Carolina, hope your Tae Kwon Do event was a huge success!!

Melina, did you get much crafting done yesterday on your rainy day? :)

Moira, I so wish on the gas points thing, but sadly no! We are only racking up miles on the car and flat tired butts!:razz:

OK, off to fight the crowds! Wish me luck!

mepylant 12-17-2011 07:02 PM

Not much AnnMarie. I keep remembering Christmas "to dos" when I get to my craft room! Ugh!

AM, you need to check out my blog post today. I was SOOOOO inspired by you!!!!!

amsmiles 12-18-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylant (Post 19013887)
Not much AnnMarie. I keep remembering Christmas "to dos" when I get to my craft room! Ugh!

AM, you need to check out my blog post today. I was SOOOOO inspired by you!!!!!

So,so,so cute!!! Love the little tongue and bottom lip that you added!!

amsmiles 12-18-2011 08:41 AM

Sunday Challenge #5

Hello!! Weekly challenge time again!

***Note!!! You have 2 weeks to complete this challenge!! This one is due January 1st!!! (Also, there will be no challenge next week as Sunday falls on Christmas!) :)

I have a different kind of challenge for you guys today! Different because we spend so much of our time and creative energy on other folks, but today's challenge is for ourselves!!

The challenge is to create something for YOURSELF for the upcoming year!! Some ideas:

*A journal to record your thoughts, dreams, goals etc

*A card organizer to keep track of your upcoming events and have your cards ready to go!

*A birthday calendar

*A bill organizer

*A planner or any other sort of organizational tool

*A new address book

*A book of the things you accomplish

The sky's the limit! Be create and take your time! Remember this project is for you! Splurge a little on yourself and make something beautiful that will make you smile every time you use it and remember you are beautiful and special and deserving of this!

Have fun! :)

nhagen 12-18-2011 10:30 AM

Good afternoon! Sorry, I didn't get to do the challenge this week. Just too much running around. I won't have time today either :(

I have been busy this morning making treats for the kids teachers and bus drivers etc. DD2's school is doing a secret santa and I am working on an altered notebook for DD to give. It's due tomorrow!

cajojus 12-18-2011 11:37 AM

Hello ladies, I hope everyone is doing good. I post my challenge card this morning with some other good news... YES... I'M A TKD BLACK BELT!!!!. I passed my exam and it was great!!! Everything is in my blog!!!. Great new challenge AnnMarie, although it is very challenging for me. Apart from cards and scrapbook pages I don't do anything else with paper. I have to think, think, think!!! Ok ladies, I hope you have a great Sunday!!!!

mepylant 12-18-2011 05:35 PM

Great challenge AnnMarie!
Congrats Carolina!

amsmiles 12-19-2011 05:43 AM

I don't want to alarm anyone, but...
Christmas is 5 days away!!!!!:shock:

amsmiles 12-19-2011 05:45 AM

Carolina!!!!! Congrats on getting your black belt!! What an awesome thing!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! :) Way to go!!!!!!!!

nhagen 12-19-2011 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amsmiles (Post 19016119)

I don't want to alarm anyone, but...
Christmas is 5 days away!!!!!:shock:

6 days away. Today is only the 19th. Don't freak me out! LOL

Congrats Carolina on your black belt!

cajojus 12-19-2011 09:08 AM

Good morning ladies!!!. Thank you for all the congratulations. I am proud of myself. I'm not 20 and my class is full of teenagers so everyday that I kick some a.... there I'm proud. LOL :) :). Well most of the the time they kick me, especially my boys ;). HAPPY CHRISTMAS WEEK. I can't believe I'm ready. I have to wrap presents today that the kids have a friend over and they are going to be distracted and then I have to make a thank you card. Perfect day to stay at home!!!. Have a wonderful Monday!!!

mepylant 12-19-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 19016204)
6 days away. Today is only the 19th. Don't freak me out! LOL

DITTO Nancy! That's what I'm screaming! :D

KellyLuvs2Stamp 12-19-2011 12:32 PM

Hello my ladies!!! I am sorry to be MIA ... this pregnancy has been kicking my ASSSSSPIRIN BOTTLE!!! hahahahahahahahaha!!! I have HIGH blood pressure and gestational diabetes ... UGH!!! going to read through the posts ... I seeeeeeeeeeeeee a challenge!!!! whoop, whoop!!!