Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Flood Relief Not-a-Raffle Questions/Answers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/flood-relief-not-raffle-questions-answers-366382/)

Kathyc 07-23-2008 06:00 PM

I remember how successful we were last time when SCS did this for Katrina; I'm glad to help in some small way and so thankful to all who are making it happen! YOU make a difference! Thank you, thank you!!!!

Bethhartley 07-23-2008 07:51 PM

Just saw the new additions to the gallery! Wowzer...I'm crying again! :)

eliotstamps 07-23-2008 10:20 PM

Thanks to Peggysue and all the SCS folks for organizing this - what a wonderful way to unite our community for a great cause!

CherylQuilts 07-24-2008 04:10 AM

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity! I agree that it's another reason why SCS is so wonderful!

barnettdlb 07-24-2008 06:17 AM

flood non raffle

No questions here, just a big thank you to everyone that donated to this cause. This is a wonderful idea

bbarton 07-24-2008 06:21 AM

Such a wonderful thing that SCS is doing. I'll be making my donation later today!!!

glenda s 07-24-2008 06:32 AM

Do we get a tax deduction for the donation? Are we donating to an IRC 501 (c) (3) organization?

Glenda

allamericanstampers 07-24-2008 06:55 AM

I've been drooling over the gallery itself...wow! Hope I'm lucky!! Thanks for doing such a great thing, once again.

teacher4416 07-24-2008 07:33 AM

No questions here, either - glad for a way to give back through a site that gives us so much! Donation made.

LaLatty 07-24-2008 07:58 AM

What a great idea! I was just wondering if it's too late to donate a prize? I'd like to donate a prize. Could someone please let me know. Thanks Patty

LaurieR 07-24-2008 08:03 AM

Patty, send an email to Jenn. The email address is listed in a previous post. Thank you!

LaurieR 07-24-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer (Post 10643187)
send me an email. :) [email protected]. Thank you!

Here it is!

LaLatty 07-24-2008 08:06 AM

Got it, thank you Laurie :) I was just about to post a message saying that I couldn't find it.

GarnetJ 07-24-2008 09:00 AM

I sent my donation. Glad to help. Will we be able to see the total amount that has been donated so far? You know -- like one of those thermometer graphs that they color in each day or week?

jbalcer 07-24-2008 09:02 AM

I've asked - I don't know if it can be done easily, though. :) We'll have to get a manual update!

laurenv 07-24-2008 09:25 AM

Question: Do we specify which items we'd like to be included in for the "non-raffle", or when we donate are we putting our chance to win any of the items?

Thank you for such a wonderful opportunity to help!

jbalcer 07-24-2008 09:41 AM

You'll be entered into a random drawing - so you have a chance to win anything!

stampinwmel 07-24-2008 09:45 AM

I can't find the donation page where to donate. Can someone help me???

jbalcer 07-24-2008 09:48 AM

Here you go:
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/about/nonraffle

StampItForFun 07-24-2008 09:55 AM

Just want to say that I'm proud to be part of such a generous and compassionate community! A fantastic way to support this cause, thanks to all involved. I donated!

craftycrunchymama 07-24-2008 10:45 AM

The SCS community is one of the most fantastic "places" I've ever been to. I've donated and now I'm going to spread the word about the non-raffle.

dawnmercedes 07-24-2008 04:02 PM

Way to go Splitcoast! (Who was afraid this site would change...looks the same to me!)

flowergal36 07-24-2008 05:59 PM

This is fantastic. We were just out to Cedar Rapids IA. What a terrible mess they have there. Schools, hospitals, homes. So much damage. We also own property near the Wisconsin Dells. That too is such a sad story. I am off to make a donation. This is one of the many things I love about SCS.

e. garrity 07-24-2008 08:00 PM

What a wonderful group effort! I am touched by the wonderful way all of these people care about and stand up to help these victims of such a disaster. God bless all of you who care enough to make donations and give your time! You are the best group I've ever been asociated with! Hooray for SCS and its members! I've just made my donation through Paypal! It feels so good to help!

mindyhorst 07-25-2008 04:59 AM

What a great idea! Thank you so much to everyone who is organizing this and donating. I have made my donation and I cannot tell you how much all this will be appreciated by the people who have been affected. We escaped the worst of the damage in Fort Wayne, but we have friends in other parts of the Midwest that were not as lucky. Gosh, just another reason to love SCS!

MilwaukeeMommy 07-25-2008 05:48 AM

I just made my donation! Being in Wisconsin, I've seen the devastation first hand!! The night of the rains, my hubby was cursing left & right because we had rain water coming into our basement window. Boy, did he feel badly after we watched the news the next morning & found out how bad the storms really were, & how many homes & business were completely flooded out!!!

peggysue 07-25-2008 07:30 AM

Good morning gals! Thanks Jenn for all your hard work and to Daven for posting the raffle. :)

I was out of town, just got back in late yesterday. Whew! What a wonderful gallery and I'm so glad to be back in time to get my own non-raffle chances in. :)

ozarkstamper 07-25-2008 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenda s (Post 10652338)
Do we get a tax deduction for the donation? Are we donating to an IRC 501 (c) (3) organization?

Glenda

Anytime I've made a donation to the American Red Cross, I have received a receipt (and thank you) by mail directly from the American Red Cross. I don't know if this will occur with this transaction, as I don't know whether our names and addresses will be passed on to the Red Cross. Hopefully PeggySue or Jenn or someone involved with setting this up will be able to PM to you the answer?

I read recently that there are now 100,000 users on SCS and growing! If each user could donate $25.00 toward this Mid-west Flood Relief Campaign, that would be a combined donation of $2,500,000! Wow! It is such a blessing to be a part of such a caring community!

ozarkstamper 07-25-2008 07:40 AM

Perhaps I should have used the term "member" rather than "user" in the above post! But for many of us, this is our addiction!

glenda s 07-25-2008 07:54 AM

PeggySue did PM me and we concur that it is probably not a charitable contribution in that the money first flows through SCS (a non charity), then to the Am Red Cross (a charity). That was what I was concerned about.
However, that will not prevent me from donating!
A lot of work has gone into this project and I want to take the opportunity to participate.

Glenda

peggysue 07-25-2008 08:42 AM

Yay! Just did my non-raffle non-donation? :) With Paypal. I'm still eligible for one of the bee-yoo-ti-ful gallery prizes so I'm going to cross my fingers. :)

craftingcaren 07-25-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenda s (Post 10669776)
PeggySue did PM me and we concur that it is probably not a charitable contribution in that the money first flows through SCS (a non charity), then to the Am Red Cross (a charity). That was what I was concerned about.
However, that will not prevent me from donating!
A lot of work has gone into this project and I want to take the opportunity to participate.

Glenda

Bummer, I was hoping for a tax write-off, oh well. I will donate anyway.

stampinCPA 07-25-2008 01:48 PM

peggysue and Jenn and Daven and everyone else - you did such an awesome job putting this all together. What a lot of generous people we have here at SCS. Makes me proud to be a member of such a wonderful community.

blueyes63 07-26-2008 03:58 AM

Thank you SCS for providing a way to help through a known and trusted site!

I've made my donation! Being able to use Paypal made it simple.

tamijo 07-26-2008 05:05 AM

okay- made my donation this a.m. I would LOVE to know a total thus far but I will continue to spread the word.

One thing I didn't mention the day this was posted was that I had actually JUST talked to my dad and when I had called him he was in a meeting in the bank on "rebuilding"/"restoring" Spencer (IN, just outside of Bloomington). My dad is a pastor of a small (but growing) church there whose congregation saw a LOT of devastation and to add insult to injury they have been displaced from where they were meeting (an old YMCA/sports complex) because it's right by the river. So, knowing that, and how much I wish I could help with the rebuilding process (yet, also know that it's physically impossible) this was the way I could help!

Thanks again!

peggysue 07-26-2008 07:22 AM

Morning bump!

peggysue 07-26-2008 09:27 AM

Hey and for anyone interested in the non-raffle, leave some strokes on the beautiful and generous items donated by stampers and stamping companies. They're the ones who deserve many thanks because their efforts and generosity is what made this possible. Big smooches to all of the wonderful contributors in the gallery!

LuvLee 07-26-2008 10:00 AM

Hi Peggysue!!!! Awesome idea! And your hard work is very much appreciated!!! My donation is made and I'm off to comment on the fabulous non-prizes!!! ;) :lol:

Seriously........another FABulous aspect to this place on the web that I call "home"!!! :D

windycitystamper 07-26-2008 10:55 AM

Made my donation...thanks to all who put this together!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamijo (Post 10681388)
okay- made my donation this a.m. I would LOVE to know a total thus far but I will continue to spread the word.

One thing I didn't mention the day this was posted was that I had actually JUST talked to my dad and when I had called him he was in a meeting in the bank on "rebuilding"/"restoring" Spencer (IN, just outside of Bloomington). My dad is a pastor of a small (but growing) church there whose congregation saw a LOT of devastation and to add insult to injury they have been displaced from where they were meeting (an old YMCA/sports complex) because it's right by the river. So, knowing that, and how much I wish I could help with the rebuilding process (yet, also know that it's physically impossible) this was the way I could help!

Thanks again!

Slight hijack...sorry!
Tami, is there anything that your dad and his church need? Clothes, etc.?

tamijo 07-26-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windycitystamper (Post 10684314)
Made my donation...thanks to all who put this together!

Slight hijack...sorry!
Tami, is there anything that your dad and his church need? Clothes, etc.?

I just got home after running some errands and saw this message. I called him and he said that yes, this would be a tremendous help. He told me that between 80-100 homes (maybe more) have been deemed uninhabitable and they (the church) are working with some local organizations to set up a "store" where they can come in and buy clothes/items that are needed. They are a very proud area and for a lot of them that is the only way they will accept things from others- to feel as if they are giving back. If anyone has any questions they can pm me.

ETA- I should add that it's not a big town and it's just one small town in Owen County and this is all of Owen County that this will be for. 80-100 is a high number for this area.