Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Flood Relief Not-a-Raffle Questions/Answers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/flood-relief-not-raffle-questions-answers-366382/)

Kathyc 08-09-2008 01:38 PM

Congratulations to the non-winners and a huge thank you to all the people who put this together, donated prizes and especially those who donated to this worthy cause! SCS ROCKS!

splitcoaststampers 08-09-2008 09:09 PM

here's final results:

531 donations
$9469.25 net

a great total, but we didn't make $10k!

so here's what we're going to do. tomorrow morning we'll post something on the home page with a special "last day to donate". the prizes have already been awarded, so we'll just be giving people one last chance to make their donation and get us over the hump. if you wanna spread the word that'd be great, and maybe we can still make it.

arinstamps 08-10-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers (Post 10867744)
531 donations
$9469.25 net

Nice! Kudos to peggysue, Jenn, Daven and donors:D

bbarton 08-10-2008 05:28 AM

Thank you Jenn, Peggysue and Daven for all the work you put into this!!!! You guys ROCK!!!! SCS is such a wonderful community!!!

barnettdlb 08-10-2008 06:14 AM

OK! If 107 of us give $5 ea, we can do. I'm in. There has to be at least that many of us out here.

splitcoaststampers 08-10-2008 06:46 AM

check the home page for the story, we'll accept more donations today (Sunday) only.

LeisaJane 08-10-2008 09:25 AM

Thanks, Peggysue, for organizing this wonderful work! I am so happy to help out a little!!

airbornewife 08-10-2008 10:57 AM

I donated again.. what a wonderful cause. Just wanted to check and see if I am supposed to contact the person that won the items that I donated, or if I will get an email from someone with their mailing info. If it is posted already, I apologize.. I didn't read through the entire thread from where I had been reading days ago. thanks to all that donated both monetary and prizes.

Pam

Bethhartley 08-10-2008 11:20 AM

This is super!!!!

Congrats to all the winners!!! What a fantastic event. Thanks, Peggysue, for dreaming (and the behind the scenes work) and thanks Daven and Jenn for making it happen....and THANKS to all those who donated..$ to the red cross and some super fantastic non-raffle prizes. What a big boost for the Red Cross. Just amazing!

peggysue 08-10-2008 12:21 PM

Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Big smooches to Daven and Jenn, they're the ones who did the hard work, and to all the wonderful peeps who donated.

In answer to a question about sending donations out to the winners, you will get the name and address of the winner for your donation and mail it to that person.

airbornewife 08-10-2008 12:28 PM

Thank you Peggysue... for such a wonderful undertaking.. I am so glad to have participated. many thanks, Pam

mom2grace 08-10-2008 02:54 PM

This is so cool! I won something from fabulous Beth! And to be able to help the Red Cross...what a double bonus! SCS ROCKS!!!! And Beth, too!!

bsgstamps4fun 08-10-2008 03:09 PM

Congrats to the winners and the rest of us non-winners are still WINNERS! We have the satisfaction of knowing our donations big or small are going to help our fellow man! That makes everyone a WINNER in my book! Thanks to Peggy Sue, Jenn, Daven and everyone who was involved in this worthy cause! :-D

jamiehurley 08-10-2008 03:21 PM

Just another reason to love this place! Thanks from the midwest!:)

Crafty Math Chick 08-10-2008 03:51 PM

Thank you to everyone for organizing this and for your contributions - it makes me so happy to know there are people like all of you in the world.

Be safe, happy and well,
Meredith

LuvLee 08-10-2008 09:17 PM

Just wanted to say thanks again for a TREMENDOUS show of just what SCS is made of!!!! I was soooo happy to be a part of donating and winning a prize was just the icing! You ALL are soooo wonderful and I'm proud to be a member-for-life...............Y'all are STUCK with me!!! :lol:

BusyD01 08-11-2008 07:18 PM

Our home was devasted by Ivan 4 years ago. We had over two feet of water in my first floor which ruined everything including my furnace, appliances, walls, furniture, daughter's entire bedroom, as well as my kitchen floor collapsing. (Just wanted to give a little background so you know where I am coming from.) The small town below us actually had 11 feet of water in their homes. We qualified for FEMA help, but let me tell you, FEMA is really no help at all. We got $5000.00. You can imagine how far (or not!) that went! So now we are REALLY in debt, as well as my house keeps shifting, 4 years later! Some (who have bad credit) qualified for 16,000. more. (way to go government for assisting those who aren't responsible citizens) We didn't qualify for flood insurance before as we weren't considered a flood zone. Also, flood insurance is NOT cheap. It's well over a thousand bucks a year!

The reason for this post is to inform. People don't realize how victims are basically on their own without help. We were homeless, without basic necessities AND ate at a church run food line. My children were "farmed out" sleeping on floors. It was so very scarey and traumatic. So, for those who can afford to donate, please help even just a little. (Our governement seems it helps most other nations in need except our own)

God Bless those who do wonderous and generous things!

pressed4time 08-12-2008 06:53 AM

Woo hoo! I won the long Spellbinders rectangle dies from Stamper's Dream! I don't have any Spellbinder's yet, so I am really thilled!!

I live in the midwest and have had to go to Iowa City a couple of times recently. Oh my...! It has been awhile since the flood and there is still so much to do.

What a great cause...I'm so proud of SCS for doing this!!
Lynn

P.S. Do I have to do anything to claim my prize?

jbalcer 08-12-2008 07:19 AM

Lynn, we have your address from your paypal payment, and it's been passed along to the wonderful folks at Stamper's Dream. They'll ship right to you. :D Enjoy 'em. . . and thank you for your support, everyone!

stampinCPA 08-13-2008 01:35 PM

Sent emails to the Non-raffle winners to let them know their goodies are on the way and these are the responses I got back. Wanted to share them. SCS has the most generous, nicest people anywhere!

Basket #1
Thank you so much!! Your group's donation was very generous and I'm so excited that I won it!

Basket #2
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to this lovely gift basket!!

I didn't even realize I had won this since paypal has my husband's email address and name. He got the shipping email today and was wondering if it was spam ... good thing he asked me about it.

We appreciate everything SCS and its members are doing for these families. We lived in the New Orleans area when Katrina hit and flooded our home. It's hard to put into words the gratitude we felt for everyone that lent a hand during that time of our life.

I can say from experience that even though you may never meet the flood victims and they won't know who you are or exactly what you did to help, they WILL feel your kindness. It's a very emotional time for these people, but there is one good thing that comes from this - humans' good, giving, and selfless nature shines in times like these.

A big THANKS Y'ALL from Mississippi!

Squeakercat 08-31-2008 02:36 PM

I know it's a little late, but I wanted to thank all of you who sponsored this undertaking. It's been a rough few weeks at our house with my MIL passing away, so I havent really been checking SCS as much as I used to.

I was lucky enough to win a nice stamp set from Jami Sibley and the card that was included was gorgeous. Thanks so much Jami! I am so happy to be able to help out in a minute way with this great relief effort. I live in the Midwest and have traveled through some of the affected areas. They need all the help they can get. Thank you so much!