Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/)
-   -   Flood Relief Not-a-Raffle Questions/Answers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-13/flood-relief-not-raffle-questions-answers-366382/)

jbalcer 07-23-2008 09:34 AM

Flood Relief Not-a-Raffle Questions/Answers

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Everyone!
Peggysue put a lot of work into coordinating a Midwest flood relief effort much like the one we had after Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast a few years ago. Read about it on the home page, or just check out the special page we have set up for more info.

She's out and about so I'm starting a thread for any questions you might have. Post here, and one of us will answer you as quickly as possible.

You'll find the whole list of items donated and who they're headed to attached to this post. THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!

cydstamps 07-23-2008 10:05 AM

What a wonderful Idea. My donation is made. Thanks SCS and PeggySue for being so thoughtful!

Colleen Schaan 07-23-2008 10:06 AM

No questions... I just wanted to drop in and say a HUGE thank you to everyone who worked on getting this "non-raffle" set up and all of those who donated prizes and all of the beautiful works of art.

SCS is THE BEST!

Moosekrazy 07-23-2008 10:11 AM

Made my donation! What a wonderful place this is!

wendella247 07-23-2008 10:11 AM

This is terrific--and another reason why SCS is such a great place--so many wonderful, caring people. I know this program will be a GREAT success! Thanks to everyone who put this non-raffle together! My donation is made!

sleepyinseattle 07-23-2008 10:23 AM

What a great thing to do! Just made my donation a minute ago.
I'm sure Microsoft will match my donation, I need to find out if I need a certain form for that. So count on some more money coming your way :)

cuccicoo1002 07-23-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colleen Schaan (Post 10641249)
No questions... I just wanted to drop in and say a HUGE thank you to everyone who worked on getting this "non-raffle" set up and all of those who donated prizes and all of the beautiful works of art.

SCS is THE BEST!

DITTO! :mrgreen:

LaurieR 07-23-2008 10:56 AM

This is so fun and exciting! Thank you to Peggysue and to SCS. I LOVE IT HERE!!!

tamijo 07-23-2008 10:56 AM

WOW- you know I'm so overwhelmed by the generosity towards people you haven't even met! My parents live in southern Indiana and their town was GREATLY affected by the flood as was the town I grew up in. I can't help physically up there but I will be giving a donation (after payday on Friday!)

JenMarie 07-23-2008 11:05 AM

Done! Great idea!

etsdas 07-23-2008 11:16 AM

What a lovely array of prizes! I started to comment, then realized I just don't have enough hours left. Thanks to all the individuals and companies for their generosity.

Chef Mama 07-23-2008 11:37 AM

I love you Peggysue....everyone sing along!

Thank you for getting this started Peggysue & thanks to Jenn for getting it all on SCS for us.

twinks 07-23-2008 11:37 AM

Thank you to all who gave from your hearts for this "non raffle".

PMR 07-23-2008 11:44 AM

Thank you to everyone who donated prizes. I just donated. Thanks for the push!

Bethhartley 07-23-2008 11:53 AM

Thanks, Peggysue for the thought behind this and all the hard work. You have a heart of gold, you know? Thanks, too, to Daven and Jenn and all who help coordinate it on SCS's end...and to those who donated items for the raffle. Quite amazing, indeed!

NancyLuvsMickey 07-23-2008 12:01 PM

WOW!!! What a wonderful thing SCS is doing!!! And thanks to all the wonderful people who are donating to this non-raffle!!! ;)

Nancy...

leo67 07-23-2008 12:01 PM

Excellent idea! We had floods around here 2 years ago and people are still trying to pick up the pieces. It feels good to be able to help others!

jamiehurley 07-23-2008 12:19 PM

Well, I just wanted to say that I am in Iowa, and even though I was not directly affected by the waters(live on a hill overlooking the flood waters), just wanted to say that this does NOT surprise me that this website would think of doing such a wonderful thing.
I have met some of the most caring and generous people on here when I have needed things like cards sent to sick friends, stamps that I "needed" for someone, etc. and then the greatness of those who just share all of their talents for the world to see.
I myself, drove through the most hit in our area this week and it is pure devestation to say the least, we knew some of the people who lived in the path of these waters. To see windows broken out and curtains, pictures still hanging, possessions in the yard where it floated and just laid down when the water receeded, to see out buildings made of metal with jagged cuts down the sides from things that were in the water that just rammed right through them, and the residue from the waters on the sides of houses and grain silos where the water reached it's highest.
I can't imagine "coming home" to that weeks later. One family we knew had their farm in the family for over 200 years! Gone!
I know that they are grateful to have their lives, but rebuilding from nothing is going to be the hardest, but can be done. I am going over to donate to this because it is the least I can do right now....
Thanks to all who donate...........

AddictedtoStamps 07-23-2008 12:36 PM

I would like to donate a new, never-used Longaberger Spring Basket (Warm Brown), dated 2008.

http://ic.longaberger.com/ecommerce/...t_id=18491BSKT

Liner and protector, not included

How should I proceed?

jbalcer 07-23-2008 12:38 PM

send me an email. :) [email protected]. Thank you!

jajai80 07-23-2008 12:42 PM

Just made my donation, and blessings to all affected

rizamerk 07-23-2008 12:52 PM

Prize Donations

Can someone contact me about a donation from my store for this program?

[email protected]

Thanks!

jbalcer 07-23-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizamerk (Post 10643358)
Can someone contact me about a donation from my store for this program?

[email protected]

Thanks!

Hi! Just send an email to [email protected], and we'll talk. :D

cydstamps 07-23-2008 01:26 PM

Another Iowa gal here, we live in a small town next to Mason City and your description of the devastation was so accurate. A friend's son lost his home, new to them by a year. This has affected so many people in so many different ways. My son's business was underwater. We also were told that the funding for the agencies such as the Red Cross and Salvation Army have been hit horribly between the flooding and the tornados in Iowa this year.

MaryAnnK 07-23-2008 01:40 PM

My donation is made. I can't wait to see how much we raise. I hope the amount is posted at the end of the drive.

marcineluke 07-23-2008 01:44 PM

flood waters

I made a donation to the flood relief. I live in the town of cedar rapids, Iowa that was hit by the flood water. The effects will be here for many, many, years to come.
We've had so many kind and generous people who have given to the people of Iowa; who are now without home or clothing.
They are not here to thank you so I will fill in for them.
With school starting soon there is 1800 children with their
own schools gone or they were forced to move and leave their school district behind.
So with that being said

I want to thank you for your generosity.

Marcine Luke

tracim 07-23-2008 02:20 PM

I just wanted to thank Peggysue for her idea and Daven and Jenn for their hard work getting this up so all can see...it is so wonderful to be part of such a caring group of people here in this community!
The donations are so generous and just awe-inspiring too...
I hope this is a huge success and the families affected will be blessed!!

KIm VZ 07-23-2008 02:32 PM

I also want to say thank you for setting this up and have made my donation. My parents live along the Mississippi River in Iowa and luckily their area was not hit, but so many others were. God bless all of those who are helping.

knightrone 07-23-2008 02:45 PM

Thanks to all of you who set this up and to the others that donated!!!

scrappincat 07-23-2008 02:46 PM

From a dork that lives in a flooded area, I can't even begin to express my thanks and appreciation for Peggysue, Jenn, and SCS as a whole for what they are doing. I am extremely fortunate compared to the many who have lost their homes, and I'm even more blessed to be here on SCS..........where every time you turn around there's a friend. Disasters like this are tough, (and sometimes seems never ending), but it's things like this, and the outreach in our communities that are completely humbling.

Thank you.

flutterbees13 07-23-2008 03:07 PM

I am so proud of you Peggysue for all your hard work with this. I know how important it has been to you and I am so glad that it is coming together. My donation will be made this evening :)

newmom 07-23-2008 03:09 PM

Made my donation!

Bethhartley 07-23-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedtoStamps (Post 10643154)
I would like to donate a new, never-used Longaberger Spring Basket (Warm Brown), dated 2008.

http://ic.longaberger.com/ecommerce/...t_id=18491BSKT

Liner and protector, not included

How should I proceed?

Ooooh, how sweet! This makes me wanna cry! You are a dear!

**And I LOVE LONGABERGER**

Oh, goodness..I'm such a lush, this ALL just makes me get teary eyed!

Luv2Smile 07-23-2008 03:47 PM

We <3SCS for this wonderful way to help those in the midwest. Big hugs those who donated such beautiful items also.

jbalcer 07-23-2008 03:49 PM

We actually have a few more items to post once we get pictures! Very warm fuzzy feelings. . . :D

arinstamps 07-23-2008 03:56 PM

Wow - you all are fantastic! Nice work, Peggysue. I don't do a lot of posting but I'll do my part to spread the word in my siggy:)

arinstamps 07-23-2008 03:57 PM

Do you guys still need more stuff to give away?

Shanon 07-23-2008 04:05 PM

Jenn......I sent you an email :mrgreen:

cuccicoo1002 07-23-2008 05:06 PM

Arin - I ♥ your siggy - hope you don't mind that I copied it...

airbornewife 07-23-2008 05:44 PM

Hi Jenn... I had posted on the homepage comments about making a donation of some new unmounted stamps.. I'll send an email your way. Pam