When I saw the "square" snowman in the Stampin' Up annual catalog, I was thinking about a Splitcoaststamper challenge I was sure I'd seen requiring using things with squares. My geometric snowman would surely fit! Along with this challenge, it will fit 13 other challenges. Some will be challenge catch-ups, even back to 2018, and some will be more current challenges.
This card's original idea came from a design by Liz Thayer for her Totally Lovin' Christmas cardmaking fest with lots of my own modifications to make the card more "me." I kept the layout and snowman stamp used, but dressed it up with added layers, colors, and a bit of silvery foil. I eliminated the original soft green center panel for snowy white glitter paper with pinked edges. My snowman became a fussy-cut and popped image after he was colored with Copic markers. I chose a new sentiment that I backed with a navy mat and also popped it up rather than have a card front stamped sentiment. This one has got to go to a special cardmaking buddy, who loves snowmen.
6. DINS1019 - Fan Club Monthly Themes: October 2019 - 10/15/19 - "On A Roll." My card is all about Christmas, which always "rolls right back around" every year; thank the Lord! The photos silvery grays, soft blues, and a dash of green & magenta pink were used to help inspire my card colors.
7. WT752 - Ways to Use It Challenge - 8/8/19 - "Getting Edgy!" To meet this challenge, my card got a pinked die-cut edging on the snowy glittery center panel.
8. SCSCCAUG19 - Fan Club Christmas Challenge - 8/1/19 - "All Wrapped Up." Ideas for cards: wrapping paper, ribbons, presents, bows, etc....be creative. My snowman is made up of wrapped presents with ribbons and bows.
9. S2S19AA - Stamp to Save Challenge - 7/11/19 - "Boxes." Make a box of some kind. You can use an SCS tutorial if you desire. What lovely boxes you all made. I'm not a box fanatic at all, though I keep saying now that I have wee grandbabies, it would be fun, but I still haven't got to it yet! So, I put a new twist on the requirements. I think I'm a bit far out to "meet" the challenge requirements, but I'm going to enter and try to slide by! I made my card using a Snowman built out of boxes and decorated in blue and pink wrappings!
10. CC742 - Color Challenge - 6/4/19 - "A Balmy Night with a Twist." Meet my Balmy Blue Snowman with his Lemon Lime striped scarf and Night of Navy cardbase.
11. CCC19JUN - Christmas Card Challenge - 6/1/19 - "Color Theme Month!" Make it silver and blue. I got this!
12. MMTPT553 - Teapot Challenge - 2/16/19 - "Storybook Fairy Tales." My fairy tale story is all about "Frosty the Snowman."
13. USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge - Ongoing annually. From your crafting stash, get out those old things and even that new, never-used stuff all gathering dust and use it! Though this is 2020, I am entering it in 2019 because it was finished in 2019, but I couldn't find time to get it uploaded. My oldies are the Snow Burst Embossing fold retired by Stampin' Up at the close of the catalog in January 2012 and the Finishing Touches Edger dies (pinked edging)! My new stuff is the "Lots of Cheer" Christmas stamp, which I bought after the Stampin' Up annual catalog came out in June, 2019, but I didn't get started finishing my Christmas cards until late October, November, and December!
14. MIX307 - Mix-ability Challenge - 12/14/18 - "Jolly Snowman." I've built a jolly Christmas box snowman for my card!
15. F4A456 - Free 4 All Challenge - 11/16/18 - "Borders." Create a border on your card using masking, a stencil, or a die. I used a pinking die and edged the snowy white glitter paper panel.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstock--Whisper White, Real Red. Patterned: Wrapped in Plaid 6x6 Pack (2019 Holiday). Stamps: Greatest Part of Christmas (2019 Holiday). Dies: Frosted Frames (2019 Holiday). Sparkle Embossing Folder. Ribbon: 3/8" Gold Metallic Edge--Very Vanilla (2019-20 Annual). Iced Stampin' Glitter (2019 Holiday). Recollections 8-1/2 x 11 Gold Foil Paper Pack. Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. EK Punch: Victorian Corners. Chatterbox verse. Size: 4-1/2 x 6-1/4. (Thank you Liz Thayer for your lovely card designs that I took the liberty of modifying.)
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Registered: October 5, 2006 Location: Maryland Posts: 15432
Wed, Jan 01, 2020 @ 9:54 PM
Carlene, this is so cute!! Love your square snowman, the colors, the texture from that retired EF- well, I just love the entire card!! What a fun card for the holidays- hugs and thanks for inspiring all of us!!
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66403
Thu, Jan 02, 2020 @ 9:48 AM
Your snowman is just adorable, Carlene, and I like that snowflake embossing, too. Hope you have a great New Year.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda