I made Christmas cards while visiting my 94-year old Mom in California during October and early November. I traveled down with a 10-card kit with pictures from Liz Thayer's Totally Loving Christmas cardmaking session in November. Her cards are the traditional A2 size (4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches), and I prefer cards a bit larger, so I usually remodel them to fit my preferred size, meanwhile taking the opportunity to add or subtract from her design to make it more me. To help Mom out, I decided to give her the A2 card kit and make new pieces for myself. Then, Mom saw what I was doing to mine, and I ended up adding new pieces for her card kits as well.
This card is my first remodel of Liz's card kits. It was originally done in gray, red, and white. I decided the background needed a bit life and more sparkle. I removed the original gray panel, added a gold foil layer that I dry embossed with the "Sparkle' embossing folder to give it more texture and to bring out the lovely gold metallic ribbon edging.
I am entering a few current challenges and a lot of catch-up challenges with this card for a total of 13 challenges, as follows:
1. AOCC19DEC - All Occasions Card Challenge - 12/1/19. This challenge is meant for you to challenge yourself to keep up on the cards you need throughout the year by taking stock at the beginning of each year and listing how many cards you need to make each month for the appropriate occasions. This is one of my December Christmas cards needed.
2. FS668 - Featured Stamper Challenge -11/24/19 - "She is Sane"....Kristin Thomas aka sanitystamper. I have chosen Kristen's "Masculine Silhouette" card: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g.../photo/1277725 for its layout. I kept pretty true to this layout, but totally changed the theme, colors and papers to fit a Christmas card.
4. WORD1119 - Fan Club Monthly Themes for November 2019 - 11/15/19 - "Play Lists." Get inspired by music, crafty products, techniques, etc. In keeping with my previous interpretation for my card already posted, I am creating my own musical play list. This card had to be created while listening to "Happy Christmas Everybody & to All a Goodnight by the Band of Merrymakers. You can hear the tune at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4qxA7m_FGo. I am playing the "JAMS" Word Challenge. Here are the items used on my card that fit "JAMS." J=Jasper red, Jellybean red; A=adhesives; M=mat layers metallic foil; S=sentiment focus, sparkles.
5. SCSCCOCT19 - Fan Club October 2019 Christmas Challenge - 10/1/19 - "Sitting Pretty." Make a card reminiscent of something you sit out as a decoration: an elf on a shelf, center pieces, boxes, presents, or whatever you feel sits out and are pretty. I have a grouping of framed Christmas pictures and needlepoint verses that I group on an entry table. This card is reminiscent of the framed needlepoint verses
6. ABC12K3 - Alphabet Challenge - 9/25/19 - "Letter K." My card shows off the lovely KNOTTED ribbon.
7. MMTPT577 - Teapot Challenge - 8/13/19 - "You;re the Boss." You are your own "boss" that is to "emboss"! This is a catch-up challenge for me. I have dry embossed the background gold foil with Stampin' Up's "Sparkle" embossing folder.
8. CCC19JUN - Christmas Card Challenge - 6/1/19 - "Color Theme." You are challenged to use blue & silver or red & gold on your card. My choice is red and gold.
9. S2S19Q - Spend to Stamp Challenge - 5/2/19 - "Metals." Another catch-up challenge. Use something metallic on your card: paper, foils, faux metallic techniques or metallic embellishments. I chose to use gold metallic foil on my card.
10. WT731 - Ways to Use It Challenge - 3/14/18 - "Star Quality." Perry Como received the first Gold Award in 1958 for his hit single "Catch A Falling Star;" therefore, feature stars on your card and a bonus for using gold. Playing catch-up challenges, I embossed my gold metallic foil background with stars.
11. MIX317 - Mix-Ability Challenge - 2/22/19 - "Tin Ceilings." Tin ceilings are a vintage architectural element where the ceiling is finished with plates of tin with a pattern or design pressed into them. Use this as your inspiration. Some ideas: embossed metal or foil or creating a faux look by following a technique in the SCS Tutorial gallery. I have embossed my gold foil background.
12. USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge - Ongoing annually. This is a challenge to use old cardmaking stuff, gathering dust from lack of use OR use never-used, new stuff also gathering dust. I am using some glitter glass and ribbon that have been in my stash for years!
13. F4A438 - Free 4 All Challenge - 7/13/18 - "Happy Birthday Yadi." It's Yadier Molena's 36th birthday on this date. He is a baseball catcher for the St. Louis Cardinals and love by the fans. Make a card with a baseball theme, a cardinal, the colors red & white (Cardinal colors). My card uses the Cardinal colors.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstock--Whisper White, Real Red. Patterned: Wrapped in Plaid 6x6 Pack (2019 Holiday). Stamps: Greatest Part of Christmas (2019 Holiday). Dies: Frosted Frames (2019 Holiday). Sparkle Embossing Folder. Ribbon: 3/8" Gold Metallic Edge--Very Vanilla (2019-20 Annual). Iced Stampin' Glitter (2019 Holiday). Recollections 8-1/2 x 11 Gold Foil Paper Pack. Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. EK Punch: Victorian Corners. Chatterbox verse. Size: 4-1/2 x 6-1/4. (Thank you Liz Thayer for your lovely card designs that I took the liberty to modify.)