This card idea originated from Liz Thayer's November Totally Lovin' Christmas card kits. I changed the layout completely except for the left red glitter strip and bell, though I even repositioned the bell higher. I did use the wreath image, but changed its size and location, as well as adding patterned paper, clear embossing it, and adding a different sentiment in shape, size, and placement. I also enlarged my card and added a different shade of green for the cardbase. I am really quite pleased with the finished look and like all the additional sparkle and sheen.
I am forever playing challenge catch-up. I found 13 challenges my card would fit...some are more current and others even back to 2018! See my list below:
1. AOCC19DEC - All Occasions Card Challenge - 12/1/19. This is one of the 60 Christmas cards I need. The optional monthly colors are Cotton Candy and Screamin' Green. The Cotton Candy image in the challenge and on the Internet looks more like a red than a pinkish color...must be before it was spun out into cotton!?? Anyway, these two colors do seem to be included on the myriad of reds and greens on my card!
2. ABC12B12 - Alphabet Challenge, Letter B - 11/27/19. My letter "B" is for bells---the little bell embellishment as well as the wreath is made of green bells!
5. S2S19PP - Stamp to Save Challenge - 10/24/19 - "Wreaths." Though Ina's wreath was for the fall, there was no style limitation, so I chose to make mine Christmas!
6. WORD1019 - Fan Club Monthly Themes - October 2019 - 10/15/19 - "On A Roll." My "rolling" items are BELLS! There is a little embellishment bell and a wreath made of bells! I am entering the WORD sub-challenge, and the word is RICK. My letter elements used are: R= red; I= image, ink distressed; C= Christmas, Copic markers; K= Kelly green.
7. CC755 - Color Challenge - 9/3/19 - "Hey Granny, Call Me Real Soon!" The colors requested are Granny Apple green, Cal Me Clover (green), and Real Red. I have a myriad of reds and greens in my card stripes. I'm pretty sure it fits the shades somewhere!
8. CCC19SEP - 9/1/19 - "Gearing Up for the Celebration." Add some bows and wreaths to our cards.
9. SCSCCSEP19 - Fan Club Christmas Challenge - 9/1/19 - "Hanging by the Needle." Think Christmas, think hanging...if it hangs and its about Christmas, put it on your card.
10. FS654 - Featured Stamper Challenge - 8/18/19 - "Her Gallery is Pure Gold." See Rostergold aka Donna Ross's gallery and find inspiration. Here is my inspiration card: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g.../photo/2049593 . I chose it purely for its layout with a few adjustments to make it a Christmas card rather than patriotic. I changed the theme, the colors, and shapes in the layout.
11. F4A488 - Free 4 All Challenge - 6/28/19 - "Stars or Stripes or Both." I went with the stripes, which are found in my Christmas patterned paper. I went with a Christmas theme rather than patriotic.
12. USEIT2019 - Use It Challenge - Ongoing 2019. The goal is to challenge you to use old cardmaking stuff, gathering dust from lack of use OR to use new, never yet used stuff also gathering dust. I am using some May Arts twine that I purchased way back in 2009 when I first got started cardmaking. It is a giant spool and will last a lifetime I'm sure! I'm also using some old Christmas paper that no longer has the name on it, so I don't even know what it is, plus one of the original Stampin' Up dies---Labels Collection.
13. MIX271 - Mix-Ability Challenge - 4/6/18 - "Inspiration." Find inspiration for your card on Pinterest by using the Search bar and limit yourself to 10 minutes so you don't get "sucked in" the Pinterest blackhole. My search was "Christmas Wreath cards." Here is the link to the one I used for inspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/485966616039817539/. My mediums are clear embossing powder, Copic markers, ink stamping.
Ingredients: Stampin' Up products: Cardstock--Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Red Glimmer paper. Stamps--Lots of Cheer (wreath/ sentiment). Dies--Labels Collection. Linen Thread. Mini Jingle Bells (2019 Holiday). Other: Patterned paper--Candy Candy/ Holly Stripe/ unknown. Zutter corner punch. Copic markers--Wreath Bells--G40, G21, YG68, G07; Ribbon--R01, R32, R37, R39 (lots of blending). Wink of Stella Glitter Pen--Clear. Chatterbox verse. Size: 4-1/2 x 6-1/4.
Registered: November 7, 2009 Location: Sacramento Posts: 30145
Sun, Dec 29, 2019 @ 7:31 PM
Beautiful Christmas paper and colors, just a lovely Christmas card. I love that jingle bell wreath too. I have a jingle bell wreath on my front door though mine has a lot of nice, brightly colored jingle bells on it. Beautiful card!