I decided to completely remake this card from the original card kit designed by Liz Thayer. I loved the peacock designer paper used, but my "edit" mode told me the card needed more color and a bit more design and layout balance. To give the ornament more sparkle and life, I added olive with the peacock and Wink of Stella-Clear coloring. I am particularly please with my modified die-cut to provide an area to place the vertical, embossed sentiment. (The original card is posted with the WT650 challenge.)
Take a peek below at the 12 challenges that my card fit:
1) MIM1219...Fan Club Monthly Themes: December 2019...More is More - A Star is Born--12/16/19. I re-created my first try at this card, which was using the original card design. Note: Remade card can be seen by clicking here and scrolling down Post #21: First try at card .
2) AOCC19DEC...All Occasions Card Challenge - 12/1/19...another Christmas card for my goal.
3) FS667...Feature Stamper aka Suzstamps--11/17/19. Here is my card I used for layout inspiration: Cool Friends MFTWSC425, I tweaked Susie's layout just a little and used darker shades of blues and greens.
4) IC727...Inspiration Challenge - 11/9/19...Ruby Mountain Paint Co. I used a photo from their Pinterest Board link.
5) SCSCCCSEP19...Fan Club Monthly Christmas Cards9/15/19...Hanging by the Needle. An ornament fits perfectly.
6) MMTPT572...Teapot Challenge - 7/9/19...Sketch for Shelly. I used SCS sketch SC709 with a few tweaks.
7) CC19AUG - Christmas Challenge - 8/1/19...Let's Think About Decorating the Christmas Tree. Ornaments fit for sure.
ABC11O15 - Alphabet Challenge, Round 11 - 6/12/19...Letter "O" for ornament. For the double challenge...my sentiment is quite "optimistic."
9) F45A476 - Free 4 All Challenge - 4/5/19...Creative Cuts. Do something interesting with a die, like modify it in some manner. My sentiment base layer is a modified die-cut.
10) USEIT2019---ongoing annually. dust has been removed from dies and papers purchased over six months ago and never used.
11) WT650...Ways to Use It - 8/24/18...Rescue Me! I re-created my first try at this card, which was using the original card design. I felt it needed a little rescuing. Remade card can be seen here (scroll down to Post #21: First try at card .
12) SC709...Sketch Challenge - 8/8/18. I rotated the sentiment layer vertically and placed it on the right.
Registered: July 9, 2008 Location: Stars Fell on Alabama Posts: 66420
Thu, Feb 13, 2020 @ 11:23 AM
Your ornament is so pretty, Carlene, and I really like the dp. The gold really dresses it up.
------------------------------ My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2Brenda