Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2010, 04:59 AM   #41  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to take mine back and so did a friend in another state b/c it squeaked and was hard to move. They only thing MM could offer me was to make sure the blade was positioned correctly. It was. My Mikes has had several come back. I told them to have the buyer stop carrying it. Too many complaints.

And you can't cut small strips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother necessityView Post
I have the MM trimmer, and although I know some have had problems with it, I've found it to be excellent. You have to line up the paper with the grid rather than the top, and it cuts really cleanly every time. It's a little pricey, but I got it at Michael's with a coupon. I did get a Fiskar's 12" rotary (clearance) because I'd heard such good things about it, but I like the MM much better.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 05:03 AM   #42  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theresa TyreeView Post
Bar none- the Genesis Trimmer. I know it's pricey and there's a long waiting list. But, it's an investment I've never regretted. It truly is the last trimmer you'll ever need. It cuts the thickest cardstock like butter and is extremely accurate. I'm a real perfectionist. The teeniest bit off bugs me. This thing can literally shave cardstock into tiny strips. I absolutely love it.
Absolutely on the Genesis. I wish I'd bought it before the other 8 in my closet. I wanted the compact availability MM to sit on my stamp table for quick cuts instead to getting up and going to my cutting station.

Bonnie is shipping them within 24-48 hrs. Unlike 6 months when I bought mind. In the long run, you will save tons of money and time and aggravation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 05:08 AM   #43  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
LOL~ Yes, it really was over $400 with shipping.

For me the appeal is that it actually works right. You can cut perfectly straight edges with no fuzzies and no inaccurate measurements. And you can cut the narrowest of pieces since there in no "guide" or such in the way. Right now, both my SU/Tonic and my Carl have blade guides/finger safety thingies that are a few inches wide which makes cutting narrow piece just about impossible.

Anyway, I had sticker shock too which is why I don't have one as of yet. I just couldn't choke down the money for it. But since DH spoils me rotten, I'll now have one. I'm not much of a jewelry/trinkets sort of gal. I'd rather have a tool any day, LOL~ Guess that's the engineer in me. ;)
I didn't realize that Bonnie was on the thread. Ya know how they say, ya get what you pay for and usually less. In this case you get what you pay and more. My trimmer added yrs to the end of my life...since stress can kill....lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2010, 05:30 AM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plain JaneView Post
My SU demo is recommending the new SU guillotine one -- anybody try that one yet?
I have one, but I really only use it when I have a lot mass cutting to do. The ruler/gridlines on my cutter is off somewhere between 1/16-1/8" so I have to remember this and nudge my paper accordingly to get accurate cuts. If it weren't for that, I would probably use it more often. But I prefer a rotary, unless, like I said I want to cut a few sheets at a time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #45  
Cardstock Collector

Default Warranty

Hi I am thinking of getting a genesis trimmer too, does anyone know if it has a warranty and why the 12 inch doesn't come with the light?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #46  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I bought my Genesis trimmer approx 6 months ago. I believe there is a lifetime warranty on the
trimmer. This is my 4th trimmer and hopefully my last! It has been an excellent trimmer. All cuts are straight and no fraying of the cardstock. One thing to note however, it doesn't cut multiples. That is no big deal to me as I don't conduct classes, etc. It has been well worth the $'s. Just my opinion...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #47  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for the replies
This search has led me to discover other ones that sound good too ,like dahle 440 and 550' and econocut and cutterpillar. Any advice on any of those? I am kind of leaning towards the dahle 550, looks very sturdy.
Cristi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #48  
Cardstock Collector

I have a small work area in my dining room and try to keep it neat when I am not working. I have a Guillotine cutter which cuts my paper crooked and a Fiskars which makes my edges ragged. I cut approximately 84 cards a month and need a good, small cutter. Does anyone think the 12" Genesis is worth the money for someone who cuts a lot of cards in a small work place. I do not think the light is important to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2011, 04:55 AM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my Genesis Trimmer for 25+ (I used it in the darkroom where I work..now we went digital) I brought it home and use it in my craft room. It has cut thousands of times and still is going strong. It cuts straight and I have not replaced the blade. Yes, I would by another one if something happens to it, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon. At least I can replace the blade with this new company when I need too. The only thing with mine is...it is antique LOL, I would love to have a new one with a light, but mine still works Great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #50  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for the info. I would really like a cutter I can depend on to cut straight! I think I will bite the bullet and pay the price. I hate having uneven pieces when my groups put their cards together. Don't know if I need the lighted one. I'm not sure what you would use the light for. By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Reply With Quote Likes