Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #121  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found an eBay seller in the UK selling the V3 on pre-order, it says metric or imperial, I thought that it could be changed from one to the other easily, or one of the versions could. I would like to have both options like I do on my Fiskars rotary trimmer.

Can anyone tell me if it has both?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #122  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't know if it has both, but if you may want to contact Cutterpillar.com or Simpleproductscorp.com and ask them directly. I think they have trimmers in-stock and ready to ship. Much, much better than trying to deal w/OMC!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #123  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazzytooView Post
I just found an eBay seller in the UK selling the V3 on pre-order, it says metric or imperial, I thought that it could be changed from one to the other easily, or one of the versions could. I would like to have both options like I do on my Fiskars rotary trimmer.

Can anyone tell me if it has both?
There is only one option. Since one of the features is the grid lines marked on the flat surface of the trimmer you can only have one or the other. I have the metric version. If you were thinking of going with the metric, it must be noted that there is no A5 marking. The grid increments are in 5mm and the ruler in mm's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #124  
Inking Addict

Thank you, big decisions then, I often follow instructions from SCS that are in inches and other times I use metric, so I would have to decide which I use most. I have the Scor Pal in Metric and buddy which is in inches so I have the best of both.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #125  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sale:

CutterPillar PRO v3.0 ? Limited Inventory! | Cartridges & More

Last edited by scrapnut642; 03-22-2014 at 08:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #126  
Cardstock Collector

Has anyone had any problems with the grid wearing off on the Cutterpillar 3? Mine started wearing off after having it 3 months. I called them and they replaced it. The new one started doing the same after two months. I was told to put a plastic covering on it. I have only been cutting card stock and a few pieces of chipboard. Have been careful about the pressure I use when holding the paper down as well. The one other person I know that has one has had the same issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #127  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to lynniedoll

I am having the same issue. What number did you call. I guess we get what we pay for. I thought this would be almost as good as the Genesis.
I'm also worried about the cutting. Sometimes it does pull.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmavenView Post
Has anyone had any problems with the grid wearing off on the Cutterpillar 3? Mine started wearing off after having it 3 months. I called them and they replaced it. The new one started doing the same after two months. I was told to put a plastic covering on it. I have only been cutting card stock and a few pieces of chipboard. Have been careful about the pressure I use when holding the paper down as well. The one other person I know that has one has had the same issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmavenView Post
I haven't noticed it wearing off. I will look more closely when I get home.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2014, 02:55 PM   #129  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe there is a little wear on the grid. I've had mine (V2) over two years and it has seen heavy use. Looked long and hard at the Genesis but I am still happy I opted for the Cutterpillar. I saved enough $$ to give my BFF a V3 for Christmas last year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #130  
Cardstock Collector

I emailed them through their website. Their customer service regarding the cuter has been good. Was told the next version would have the grid embedded which will hopefully solve this problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #131  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mine doesn't seem to be wearing off so far. Keeping fingers crossed. I also had an excellent experience with their customer maintenance. They replaced my version 2 with a brand new version 3 when i had issues.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2015, 03:31 PM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just posting here because a friend just told me about her Cutterpillar Pro V3 and how much she loves it. How are you ladies feeling about your purchase one to two years later after getting it - are you still as happy now as you were when you got it? Is it as accurate as they claim? Does the blade stay sharp and cut cleanly? Does the grid on it really "wear off"? Is the guide at the top enough to HOLD your paper steady for accurate cutting?
Just trying to research this product among users---
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2015, 03:36 PM   #133  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to lynniedoll
Default No Not Happy

Hi!
I waited a long time for the cutter and yes it does work. I do see a bit of a catch sometimes. the grid has warn off. I got it because of the cost of the Genesis. The CutterPillar is truly a copy. I've been saving and now have enough for the real thing and will give my CutterPillar away as soon as the Genesis is available. So, Yes it works but you do get what you pay for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishgreensueView Post
Just posting here because a friend just told me about her Cutterpillar Pro V3 and how much she loves it. How are you ladies feeling about your purchase one to two years later after getting it - are you still as happy now as you were when you got it? Is it as accurate as they claim? Does the blade stay sharp and cut cleanly? Does the grid on it really "wear off"? Is the guide at the top enough to HOLD your paper steady for accurate cutting?
Just trying to research this product among users---
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2015, 03:49 PM   #134  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Version 2. Some of my markings are worn, but not worn off. My blade is still sharp and smooth cutting. When mine first arrived it was "off kilter" from shipping. Customer service talked me through an easy adjustment. We have been inseparable since that day. I use it heavily. My cuts are accurate and the guide at the top is deep enough on the edge to keep the paper in place. In the two years that I have had mine, I have purchased two additional Version 3 cutters as gifts. Each went to very discriminating crafter friends. Money well spent.
I have seen and used the Genesis. Bonnie that sells them is here in Atlanta. It's great but so is the Cutterpillar.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2015, 04:20 PM   #135  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for your input - I was pointed towards a Rotatrim 12 inch but that is quite out of reach - the Cutterpillar, not so much. Just wondering if the grid wearing off is just from normal usage or from cleaning it with the wrong cleaner. I understand another tool, the newer MISTI (a stamp positioning tool) has the same problem with the grid wearing off - this seems to happen if you use a spray cleaner that is not recommended.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #136  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have had mine for 1.5 years. I love that it is the most accurate cutter I have ever had. I just ordered a second one for when I wear this one out. Mine is used heavily and I have not noticed that the grid is wearing off. Since Joann.com had them for 50% off I thought I would get another. I might keep it and I might gift it.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2015, 09:26 PM   #137  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I have had mine for 1.5 years. I love that it is the most accurate cutter I have ever had. I just ordered a second one for when I wear this one out. Mine is used heavily and I have not noticed that the grid is wearing off. Since Joann.com had them for 50% off I thought I would get another. I might keep it and I might gift it.
Blessings.
AMBER!!! THANK YOU!!! for telling me about the half price sale Joann's is having!! I usually just shop in the store (5 min. from home) but when I saw your post, I went online to check it and ORDERED IT ON THE SPOT! I was concerned about the grid wearing off, so I am glad you mentioned that too! I am so grateful you told me about the sale!! I never would have known! You just saved me like $40!! So excited - now I can't wait to get it!!

Blessings to you, Amber, and thank you so much for sharing your experience with me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #138  
Rubber Obsessor

Just now able to chime in here Sue! I am glad you ordered it and for a great price I have had mine well over a year and LOVE it. It still cuts very accurately and the blade is just as sharp if not more so. I love the light and use that feature often. I love that there is no bar or flap you have to put your paper under to cut. The top bar is plenty deep enough to hold the paper still. I have had NO grid wear at all. I use it almost everyday extensively. I do not clean it with any type of cleaner. I only wipe it down occasionally with a barely damp paper towel. Be sure to never pick it up from the cutting bar so it doesn't get out of alignment and when you cut you have to push the blade in a bit. I think you will love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #139  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks to all for your feedback - it helped me to jump on that sale at Joann's once I heard from all of you who responded!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2015, 06:19 PM   #140  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

I absolutely love mine, too, Sue, but the grid has worn off on mine. It doesn't bother me, though, because I seldom used it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #141  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
I absolutely love mine, too, Sue, but the grid has worn off on mine. It doesn't bother me, though, because I seldom used it.
Thanks, Lynn!! How long have you had yours?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #142  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

I have had it for about 18 months.
Reply With Quote Likes