Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KolbopeView Post
Just curious: Has anyone received their version 3 yet? Mine was supposed to arrive in June, but nothing yet.
I received the following email late last week:
This is a notification concerning your Cutterpillar V3 replacement order. The final release date for the new Cutterpillar V3 will release in the beginning of August. We sincerely apologize for the delay, and the release date being pushed back yet again. Once we received the prototype of the new model we wanted a few minor changes to be made which resulted in the later release date. We know that you are extremely anxious to receive your new Cutterpillar, but we will not send out an item we are not 100% satisfied with. We hope you understand and we thank you for your patience with this matter.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #42  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Cutterpillar Pro V3

Joan,

Thanks for the info. Hmmm, now I'm beginning to wonder about all these delays. I'll contact OMC to see what they say.

Patty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My last post on this thread was on June 9 and I am still waiting. I e-mailed and now they are saying mid July.:rolleyes: Meanwhile I got the Fiskars Pro-cision cause it was 60% off at Joann's but still cost about $50.00. I haven't used it much yet. But it seems pretty good. Hopefully it will get a work out 7-4 as I will be off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 05:04 AM   #44  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the update on your end. I contacted OMC, but no answer yet (likely because of the holiday).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Just received OMC email. They are moving the V3 shipping to late August now. They are offering refunds if you've ordered but do not want to wait, AGAIN. If all this delay has been for further modifications, this ought be one band up cutter when it arrives. I think I'll continue to enjoy my V2 and not be in any hurry to upgrade.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #46  
Compulsive Stamper

Yes, I received the same message. Hoping this tool is well worth the wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #47  
Glitter Queen

My last post about this was in May. Like all of you i'm still waiting but still don't want to cancel my order cause if they are really working the kinks out of this thing for the past 8 months, i expect it to be the most amazing cutter that ever existed...ever!

It would be nice if i got periodic emails though from OMC with a status instead of having to dig for them.

I will say, i was on cutterpiller's facebook page, where some people were posting their disappointment, and the company very candidly replied to one person that they wish OMC wouldn't have started selling preorders of the V3 because that is now putting the pressure on them to get these things finished ASAP. They reassured though that they are working on them and want a product that is 100% perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, too, am waiting for this cutter-can't say patiently anymore. I also made a HUGE mistake of preordering the Tim Holtz markers from OHMC because their price was the best. Am still waiting for them also. Have sent 2 emails and they were answered promptly.
1) sort of a 'excuse our mess' but we are moving to a bigger space to better serve you-
2) sorry, but we are still are awaiting our order from the manufacturer. Okay, this wouldn't be so bad except they are selling pre-orders on the new colors now also.

These emails were initiated by me about 2 months apart.

I learned my lesson and pre-ordered the Sizzix magnetic plate from another company. Hope this company does a better job of keeping their customers informed.

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 08-08-2013 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Correct spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Cliche though it is, "OMG!" Still no one has received the V3? Wonder how many orders OMC has taken on this? I only thought I waited a long time for V2. All you V3 people have shown great patience. As I said before, this cutter should be a hum-dinger after all this development time for improvements.
Reminds me of the early days of software sales. I've a friend from back then that told tales of the sale of "etherware." That was the sale of software they had not even written before selling it to customers.

Last edited by loyce; 08-08-2013 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: add'l info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #50  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the updates and info. from Cutterpillar's manufacturer. It's now early August, so shipping should occur. Yet, nothing has arrived and no updates from OMC. I'll give them a holler and post if they have any new information.

Patty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't received an update from Cutterpillar either. It is quickly becoming "mid" august, so hope to hear something soon!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #52  
Compulsive Stamper

I have the V3 and love it! I ordered it straight from them right after it came out. They had a one day FB discount of like 25% and free shipping or something like that. I had always wanted a Genesis and from what I could tell, this was the closest thing to it. If it didn't work, I would have sent back and ordered a Genesis (who used to have a wait time of over a year). I got mine very quickly. It was aligned perfectly. LOVE the light feature. Never any trouble. I did take the advice I read on another site. I was told to take a piece of cardstock and make like 25 cuts. That way it works out any oil or shipping material and kind of primes it for use.

I saw on another thread people having OMC ordering troubles. I'm assuming that's the same place? If so, sounds like good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #53  
Compulsive Stamper

Here is the reply I received from Heather at Oh My Crafts:

IMPORTANT: We know that many of you will be disappointed, we are too. We recently received an update from the manufacturing company for the Cutterpillar Pro. The design changes and improvements took much longer than expected. The shipment is now expected to arrive in August. We apologize for the repeated delays, but we can't control the manufacturing time. We are more confident that the product is now in manufacturing and should arrive soon.

If you are waiting for a Cutterpillar V3 and have an order with us, but you are tired of waiting, you can request a refund at any time by sending your cancellation request to [email protected]. However, if you can wait just a little longer - you will keep your place on our very long shipping list.

It's good to know the V3 is such an excellent trimmer. It'll make the wait worthwhile. Also, thanks for the tip of initially cutting a piece of cardboard many times!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #54  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ske1961View Post
I have the V3 and love it! I ordered it straight from them right after it came out. They had a one day FB discount of like 25% and free shipping or something like that. I had always wanted a Genesis and from what I could tell, this was the closest thing to it. If it didn't work, I would have sent back and ordered a Genesis (who used to have a wait time of over a year). I got mine very quickly. It was aligned perfectly. LOVE the light feature. Never any trouble. I did take the advice I read on another site. I was told to take a piece of cardstock and make like 25 cuts. That way it works out any oil or shipping material and kind of primes it for use.

I saw on another thread people having OMC ordering troubles. I'm assuming that's the same place? If so, sounds like good luck!
Oh dear, that should have said V2. But I don't know how to fix it. I shouldn't type late at night without my contacts in! So Sorry!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

There is an update on their Facebook page saying that they are being shipped to them and will be available to send out in a few weeks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #56  
Glitter Queen

Default V3 in october everyone!

Just was curious today, so checked out OMC's website just now, and they have updated the notation on the cutterpiller v3 product from aug, to now say OCTOBER!!!

Wanted to be the first to tell you incase you didn't see it! lol! this is actually getting funny now. but i will say again...it should be an awesome product if they are putting this much care into the product to get it perfect.

"CutterPillar PRO VERSION 3 (Expected to ship October)"
Event : CutterPillar Pro Version 3

EDIT: After posting this I just read CCM's post above about shipping in a few weeks...so now i'm wondering if this change will effect my shipment? Since I ordered in January 2013 then got offered to wait for a v3 which i opted to do...i'm wondering if i'm at least at the top of the list to get one first? Who knows. will continue to update as i hear things or actually receive it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

OHMC is sure making a name (not good) for themselves!!!

I have a Cutterpillar V3 on preorder. I will wait a little longer since I have a paper cutter I still like to use. This awful to say but I can't even remember when I place my preorder but it was several 'shipping soon' dates ago.

I just cancelled my preorder for the Tim Holtz Distress Markers because when I would email them, there was always some lame excuse. They had the best price but now I have found an online seller who has a better price and they have them in stock. Have to say they were prompt with the cancellation-received notice that my Paypal account was credited back the purchase price.

Can't see how OHMC can keep doing preorders for so many items and never deliver??? Like someone said they offer you an add'l percent off on a future order but who wants to take a chance on ever/never getting your product. Another things that bothers me and others is that they never notify you about a delay unless you contact them. I preordered from another online seller and was notified regarding a delay and was given the choice of purchasing the item as-is or waiting for the fix on a new item. (It was the WRMK envelope punch so the fix was only a corrected label not a mechanical problem.)

Someone wrote here that Cutterpillar wished that OHMC wouldn't have offered the V3 as a preorder until they actually had delivery of the item to sell. I think Cutterpillar shouldn't have let the sellers know before delivery that this product was available until they had it ready to actually deliver to the online merchants. In OHMC's defense, there are other sellers offering this product as a preorder.

My problem with OHMC is that they do not keep the buy up-to-date on the delays. Some will say that they have many customers but even so, it is a better practice to keep your customers informed and they will be more patient.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox.

Have a nice day everyone and hope the wait is worth it!

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 08-15-2013 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: Correct spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just received an update from cutterpillar that says their shipment has been held up in customs and will not be recieved in their facility until the end of September. I know nothing about how customs works, but if the shipment is already in customs 5 weeks seems like a very long time to get it released and shipped!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #59  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to lynniedoll
Talking

Quote:

Just curious: Has anyone received their version 3 yet? Mine was supposed to arrive in June, but nothing yet.
I ordered mine in January and am still waiting. I was one of the one that opted to wait for the newer version. Oh well, had I known. Having a weekend this weekend when I really need it. I thought it would be here but no go. So we wait.....and wait...
But what I hear and read, it'll be worth the frustrating wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

I know that it is only Sept. 5 but has anyone received their preordered V3 yet?OMC makes it sound as though they are filling those orders and are taking add'l orders for delivery in October. Why am I so suspicious?
Still love my V2.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by loyceView Post
I know that it is only Sept. 5 but has anyone received their preordered V3 yet?OMC makes it sound as though they are filling those orders and are taking add'l orders for delivery in October. Why am I so suspicious?
Still love my V2.
I am suspicious too. I am waiting for a shipment direct from Cutterpillar, and their last communication was that they would not have the shipment to them until late September.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #62  
Glitter Queen

Default CutterPillar Pro V#

Quote:

Originally Posted by loyceView Post
Still love my V2.
I did recieve communication from them that the V3 is finally on it's way to them. They expect them this month and as soon as they get them those of us that have been waiting (I since January) will get ours first. Whatever the improvement are that cause this large delay should not cause such again. So, those who order for October shouldn't have to wait this long. but who knows. As soon as I see that it is shipped I will believe it and with tell you all here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #63  
Compulsive Stamper

I hadn't heard anything about an October shipment date (ugh!). I agree, that OMC needs to be better at keeping their consumers updated. Even if it isn't the news we want to receive, it's still better to be "in the know." I'll give OMC a holler, again, and will make a post if they tell me anything new.

We'll all go down in history as the most patient bunch of crafters out there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #64  
Glitter Queen

Smile CutterPillar V3 update

Quote:

I hadn't heard anything about an October shipment date (ugh!). I agree, that OMC needs to be better at keeping their consumers updated. Even if it isn't the news we want to receive, it's still better to be "in the know." I'll give OMC a holler, again, and will make a post if they tell me anything new.

We'll all go down in history as the most patient bunch of crafters out there!
The first order IS on it's way. And we are first. so I'm thinking this month!!!! Dare we hope? They did say the shipment is actually in route. and the website says this:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: The new Cutterpillar Pro V3 is finally on it's way and will be shipping soon.
If you have a Cutterpillar V3 order with us, we have sent you a seperate email and will continue to keep you updated. If you want the NEW Cutterpillar, (and you do!) the first shipment
is now sold out. We are now taking orders for the second shipment expected to arrive in October.

Hopefully the next post you get from me will be saying it was worth the wait!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #65  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Does anyone know if the CutterPillar Pro is worth the $$. It's running close to $120 (with shipping).

Any reviews, suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Patty

If you're looking to purchase one through Oh My Crafts....You might have to wait a while.

My girlfriend ordered on back 6 months ago and she still hasn't gotten it!!

She really could use this one. As it would make it easier for her to use..

I don't understand why Companies take the orders and don't deliver?

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #66  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
If you're looking to purchase one through Oh My Crafts....You might have to wait a while.

My girlfriend ordered on back 6 months ago and she still hasn't gotten it!!

She really could use this one. As it would make it easier for her to use..

I don't understand why Companies take the orders and don't deliver?

My friend has the Genesis. I used it and it cuts like BUTTER. I looked into to is and the cost and a waiting list at one time. Not sure if they still have a waiting list but 300 is steep.....thus I ordered the CutterPillar. From all those that have possession of it say it cuts like butter. Did you look at the video? I really think it's gona be worth the wait. OMC just needs to be more communicative. Or call it what it is, a waiting list. And so today is the 10th. Will next week be the week? Stay tuned!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #67  
Compulsive Stamper

I sure hope the next week or two will be "the week!" I just opened a general email from OMC, wherein they advertise the V3. The website states that the first shipment is sold out, but the next shipment ships in October (in other words, you can reserve a V3 and expect it to be shipped next month). Let's hope OMC learned a lesson and isn't making statements about shipping that they can't back.

Patty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default It shipped!!!!

Wooohoooo!!! I received this email from Cutterpillar today
Hi Joan,

Good Afternoon, I am happy to tell you that your Cutterpillar V3 will ship out today via UPS Ground.

I will let you know when I actually get it in my hot little hands!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #69  
Matboard Maniac

Congrats on your cutter shipment. I ordered mine in May so I don't know where in line I am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #70  
Pearl-ExPert

I got an email stating my order status is now 'Processing'. Sure hope this means packed and waiting for a mailing label!!!

P.S. My pre-order was place in March, I think.

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 09-12-2013 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: Add'l info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #71  
Compulsive Stamper

That's great news, ladies! Please be sure to post once you've had a chance to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

I received my cutterpillar today! Made a few cuts and so far so good. Cuts smoothly and easily. I'll be crafting quite a bit this week, so it will get a good work out!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #73  
Compulsive Stamper

That's great news--good for you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #74  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
I received my cutterpillar today! Made a few cuts and so far so good. Cuts smoothly and easily. I'll be crafting quite a bit this week, so it will get a good work out!
Thanks for posting this! Seriously considering this trimmer but wanted to hear how it performed first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #75  
Rubber Obsessor

Well I just ordered one! In case anyone is looking to order if you like their Facebook page there is a link to a discount through there. Will share how it is once I get it and use it a bit. Excited from what I've heard so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #76  
Matboard Maniac

Just got a e-mail saying my order is in processing status. So excited! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #77  
Compulsive Stamper

Great news! Once you've had a chance to use it, please let us know what you think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, after using my cutterpillar V3 the past week on multiple projects, I am still loving it. Clean STRAIGHT cuts - I am in heaven with the straight cuts! One tip for that though is to make sure to keep the blade snug against the cutting guide as you slide it down. You don't have to push hard, just a little gentle pressure. Otherwise the blade may swing away just a little but continue to cut and it won't be straight.

The paper guide at the top seems to be straight and the measurements true as well... another problem I have had with other cutters.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #79  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
So, after using my cutterpillar V3 the past week on multiple projects, I am still loving it. Clean STRAIGHT cuts - I am in heaven with the straight cuts! One tip for that though is to make sure to keep the blade snug against the cutting guide as you slide it down. You don't have to push hard, just a little gentle pressure. Otherwise the blade may swing away just a little but continue to cut and it won't be straight.

The paper guide at the top seems to be straight and the measurements true as well... another problem I have had with other cutters.
So happy to hear this! Thanks so much for sharing so far. I ordered mine last Friday...so hoping it will get shipped out this week! I will be thrilled with a cutter that gives straight, true measurement cuts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #80  
Glitter Queen

Default Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Great news! Once you've had a chance to use it, please let us know what you think.
I've been checking the order status everyday. And wonder of wonder as I looked at the order it dawned on me just 5 mins ago that it say "Shipped"!!!!!!!!!!! Finally I see those wonderful word! Now of course it's 10 to 14 days but that's ok It's heading to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p :p :p
Reply With Quote Likes