Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cricut Chatter (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-chatter-239384/)

robynstamps 04-11-2007 05:26 AM

Thanks Consuelo and Kathy. I'm off to check it out!

robynstamps 04-11-2007 05:31 AM

Supergal has a bunch of carts on ebay for $45 plus shipping. She even has Going Places and Fantastic Finds for this price. You will not be able to find those two next week at Michaels. She always throws in a free set of blades or mats, too.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsup...QfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

jostvig 04-11-2007 06:01 AM

Thanks Robyn,
She had Fabulous finds! I just bought it. I am so happy I can scratch one off the want list.

loricabo 04-11-2007 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
I did, and told her we missed her. I guess I will find out about their customer service, I just hate having to do these kinds of things on new items. Of course I bought it from Kim in the states and not my local walmart, that is why I phoned directly to Provo Craft. C

Kim is a licensed dealer, so she should be able to help you out as well.

loricabo 04-11-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_haffner
I'm here, you guys are hard to find and now so many threads, this one looks like I can manage, I get lost in the other ones. Conni and I had fun today, she's having tooo much fun with her Cricut. I made a purse with my tags and boxes will post tomorrow.

Welcome back Cindy! We really missed you! This thread should be good, as it is focused on the Cricut talk. Come play with us on the silly thread if you get a chance, too. I can't wait to see the purse!

loricabo 04-11-2007 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo
So glad you all started another thread in this forum. I simply couldn't keep up with the other one. You ladies post way to fast! Did you all know the Martha Stewart is doing a scrapbooking contest? Go to marthastewart.com to get the details. You only have to email a scanned copy or picture. I'd love to see a chirper win!

I'm glad you jumped back in! We thought we might have lost some of the new chirpers due to the high postings. I think this thread will be more manageable for everyone, plus it is focused on our favorite little chirper.

loricabo 04-11-2007 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Supergal has a bunch of carts on ebay for $45 plus shipping. She even has Going Places and Fantastic Finds for this price. You will not be able to find those two next week at Michaels. She always throws in a free set of blades or mats, too. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsup...QfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

Wow, I wonder why she has them so cheap this week? Maybe she got wind of the Michael's sale, too.:evil:

loricabo 04-11-2007 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig
Thanks Robyn,
She had Fabulous finds! I just bought it. I am so happy I can scratch one off the want list.

Way to go Kathy! Isn't it a relief when you can remove something from the wishlist because you got it (LOL!)?

loricabo 04-11-2007 06:33 AM

I've got to head up to work now. I'll check in later!

robynstamps 04-11-2007 06:59 AM

I'm debating on getting Going Places from her before it is gone. I am trying to save money for a new "pink" Kodak Easy Share and also a Bosch for my kitchen. I don't know if I can rationalize buying another cart. I have 18 right now!

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-11-2007 07:04 AM

Quote:

Too much coffee today, got to see your new catalogue, thanks.

O.K. seeing I'm up I uploaded my gift boxes I made with my Cricut. Used the tags and boxes Cartridge.

Here is a link. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=45468

more great work Cindy, I can't wait to make one, LOL maybe when I get back!
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-11-2007 07:05 AM

Quote:

Conni, I love your page!! You are inspiring me. I don't have anything going on tomorrow so maybe I will actually be able to catch up a bit!!

thanks Robyn, and thanks for the comment too, I didn't know there were any cartridges you didn't have? JK
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-11-2007 07:09 AM

Quote:

I'm debating on getting Going Places from her before it is gone. I am trying to save money for a new "pink" Kodak Easy Share and also a Bosch for my kitchen. I don't know if I can rationalize buying another cart. I have 18 right now!

like a Bosch mixer/food processor?? You will love it, well worth the money!
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-11-2007 07:10 AM

I just posted another card, I had so much fun playing with both of my bugs last night:D I cut chipboard with me cricut, You Need One Shell!
C

cindy_haffner 04-11-2007 07:26 AM

Great job Conni, thanks for lookin everyone, I uploaded another one this morning. I really love making these little gift bags.

cindy_haffner 04-11-2007 07:30 AM

Conni you are making me want that Opposites Attract. Robyn you need that bosch, with your large family you can't go wrong.

jostvig 04-11-2007 07:40 AM

Quote:

I bought 2 carts because of your posting today. I bought TBBM also, because my Michaels doesn't have it right now. I think Going Places is great! I was thinking Molly could use the car driving away in her wedding album also.
Lucky you its just not on the top of my list right now, or it would be GONE!
Just a hint next time buy before you post! lol

jostvig 04-11-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Great job Conni, thanks for lookin everyone, I uploaded another one this morning. I really love making these little gift bags.

Yep you did it Cindy pushed me over the top for TBBM, You didn't have to pussh very hard.;) Very cute purses I cant wait to make some.

jostvig 04-11-2007 07:46 AM

Quote:

I just posted another card, I had so much fun playing with both of my bugs last night:D I cut chipboard with me cricut, You Need One Shell!
C

Did you mean to say Cuttlebug instead of cricut? Great card, it is so cute Opposites is getting higher on my need to have list. Keep posting andkeep enabling me(lol);)

robynstamps 04-11-2007 07:52 AM

Quote:

like a Bosch mixer/food processor?? You will love it, well worth the money!
C

Yes, but DH said I have to wait until Christmas. I guess that also means no more carts until then, too.

robynstamps 04-11-2007 07:57 AM

Quote:

Did you mean to say Cuttlebug instead of cricut? Great card, it is so cute Opposites is getting higher on my need to have list. Keep posting andkeep enabling me(lol);)

You know, I have OA and have not used it as much as I thought I would. Maybe I just need to have a scrap day and get off the computer!

willwork4stamps 04-11-2007 08:11 AM

I just read through this thread and was wondering if this is the thread to ask for advice on some of the cartridges? The one I'm having trouble with is OA. Is there a way to "hook" the letters together (in the cursive writing)? (And if I need to go to a different thread for this question, please let me know -- thanks!)

jostvig 04-11-2007 08:18 AM

Quote:

You know, I have OA and have not used it as much as I thought I would. Maybe I just need to have a scrap day and get off the computer!

You said that is what you're doing today? lol

jostvig 04-11-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willwork4stamps
I just read through this thread and was wondering if this is the thread to ask for advice on some of the cartridges? The one I'm having trouble with is OA. Is there a way to "hook" the letters together (in the cursive writing)? (And if I need to go to a different thread for this question, please let me know -- thanks!)

Do you mean hook as in connected when you cut them,or just connecting them when you attach them to the page?

willwork4stamps 04-11-2007 08:27 AM

Well, I would prefer to cut them connected. But in the alternative, how can you connect them on the page so they don't take up the whole page?

jostvig 04-11-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Do you mean hook as in connected when you cut them,or just connecting them when you attach them to the page?

If you are talking attaching them to the page. I have read that you cut them in the reg setting with long tails you can trim the long tails to create a cursive word to look the way you want. Any of the Zyron machines will work great to make the letters into stickers and make it easier to attach and position them where and how you want. Just trim the excess tails off with an exacto. HTH

jostvig 04-11-2007 08:32 AM

Quote:

Well, I would prefer to cut them connected. But in the alternative, how can you connect them on the page so they don't take up the whole page?

You can also get the letters smaller than 1", by cutting them in the trapezoids. and using the cut outs. When you use the taller option the cursive can be closer together also and have shorter tails automatically. Hope that helps.

willwork4stamps 04-11-2007 08:34 AM

Okay -- I'll try those suggestions. I think those long tails just get in the way. When I bought the cartridge, I thought the words would connect, but then discovered that they don't.

Thanks for helping!

jostvig 04-11-2007 08:39 AM

Karen I am sure if you need more help some one else will come and post more notes, other wise if you go to www.cricut.com they have a forum there for each cartridge and someone whose used it more may be of more help. If you click on product and then carts and then Opposites attract, in the upper Right corner an orange box says explore cartridge and then ... heres the link its quicker.. you can click explore cartridge or go to discussion in the forum, search the thread I am sure they will help you with more information also.
wish I could be of more help. but I have to go

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-11-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

oh my gosh yes, I ment cuttlebug, i knew I was going to do that,;)
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-11-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Yes, but DH said I have to wait until Christmas. I guess that also means no more carts until then, too.

oh you will love it, my MIL got me one the first christmas after we got engaged, don';t use it as much as I should, but I have a great bun recipe when you do get it!
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-11-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

I am not sure what you mean, but it won't cut then hooked together, you just have to layer them to look hooked when you glue them on, HTH
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-11-2007 09:34 AM

TBBM is on my wish list too, Cindy and I are bad for enabling each other, She had to have her cuttlebug and I have to have more cartridges, LOL

I just got off the phone with Provo Craft and they will have a new OA in the mail for me tomorrow, they were great to deal with!
C

cindy_haffner 04-11-2007 09:43 AM

Quote:

TBBM is on my wish list too, Cindy and I are bad for enabling each other, She had to have her cuttlebug and I have to have more cartridges, LOL

I just got off the phone with Provo Craft and they will have a new OA in the mail for me tomorrow, they were great to deal with!
C

That's great Conni, glad they were so good to deal with.

robynstamps 04-11-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Okay -- I'll try those suggestions. I think those long tails just get in the way. When I bought the cartridge, I thought the words would connect, but then discovered that they don't.

Thanks for helping!

Hi Karen,

Yes, just trim the tail a bit. I have done that and they look great!

robynstamps 04-11-2007 10:30 AM

Awesome Conni!! I hope you don't have to wait too long for it.

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-11-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Awesome Conni!! I hope you don't have to wait too long for it.

Robyn I love your location!!
C

danssister 04-11-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Too much coffee today, got to see your new catalogue, thanks.

O.K. seeing I'm up I uploaded my gift boxes I made with my Cricut. Used the tags and boxes Cartridge.

Here is a link. //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/526860?cat=500&ppuser=45468

These are so cute, Cindy! TFS!!

danssister 04-11-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

So glad you all started another thread in this forum. I simply couldn't keep up with the other one. You ladies post way to fast!

Did you all know the Martha Stewart is doing a scrapbooking contest? Go to marthastewart.com to get the details. You only have to email a scanned copy or picture. I'd love to see a chirper win!

Thanks for the info, sounds interesting. :) I'll have to check it out.

danssister 04-11-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Thanks, Consuelo!!! I just submitted this page:

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/521048

Can't hurt to try! ;) Good luck to all who enter! Who doesn't love free stuff?? lol ;)