Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cricut Chatter (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-chatter-239384/)

stricklandpm 12-07-2015 06:39 AM

My new Cricut Air Explore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mzinkspot (Post 21128939)
I have the Cricut Explore Air and you do have to download your cartridges to the Design Center. There is no place to put the cartridges. I love my Explore Air as I can create on my I-Pad.

Cheryl

Thanks for your help! I broke down, took $200 from my little electronic gadgets nest egg, and got the $199 deal from JoAnn. I didn't see any useful bundles - I have all the tools, 3 mats, and way too much paper, plenty of cartridges, and I do not cut or plan to cut vinyl, so I thought a bare bones deal is good enough for me. Can't believe it, I got it Friday night and all I had time to do is download and read the manuals! Maybe tonight!!! I sam crossing my fingers - I have an iMac running Yosemite, new iPad Air and iPhone 5S. It will be interesting to see what works. If any one can point me to some good resources for running Cricut with Mac, I will appreciate it very much.

lovetostamp3 12-07-2015 08:20 PM

I have held off upgrading my current machine because I didn't like being tied to a computer to use my machine, rather than the cartridges.

Please keep us posted as to how you like it, and how well it works. I also would be curious as to the continued support from Cricut/PC with this, since they don't seem to support their other models. Just would hate to invest in something I'm so dependent on PC to use my machine. Sounds like I have Trust Issues, huh?????

lilianalzate 05-05-2018 12:19 PM

Im making some thank you cards and need first communion images of twins brother and sister, any ideas? Thx!

K. Benko 05-08-2018 09:44 AM

Just bought Cricut Explore Air 2. I ordered monthly subscribe of Fonts from Cricut Access. How do you know where the download is or do they send you a download in emails?

RhodaDesignStudio 07-19-2019 06:24 AM

I had the first version of Cricut (little and cartridge only). Then I upgraded to a Silhouette because I loved being able to design my own cut files.

Now, I am the proud owner of a Cricut Maker and I can say that I use it way more than I ever used my Silhouette. And it cuts beautifully.

Love, love, love that thing!! :)

Rhoda

Scrapjanny 07-19-2019 09:58 AM

I've been thinking about a Cricut Maker, but I'm waiting for the price to go down. It's pretty expensive right now.

Kid_at_heart 11-02-2019 08:22 AM

I know this thread is a few months old now, but I wanted to let you know that Cricut is currently having a sale. I don’t know how much they cost historically as I’ve only been looking since September (when my 10+ year old original Cricut died). But, I just ordered the Cricut Maker with the Everything Materials Bundle for $409 (plus tax, of course). The machine alone was on sale for $349. Right now, they are also offering free shipping if over $99. $409 is a LOT, I know... but, with the Bundle, it seemed like a pretty good deal to me! For only $10 above normal cost of the machine alone, you get a Bundle that is supposed to be worth over $200.
I’m so excited, I can hardly wait until Friday when it is due to arrive. I hope to find a Cricut Maker-specific thread... please advise if there is one. I did look but didn’t really see one, but as I’m not good with Forums, I may have overlooked it.

Scrapjanny 11-03-2019 04:59 AM

@Kid_at_heart : That sounds like a great deal! Have fun with your Maker machine! I'm not sure about any Maker specific groups, but maybe the Cricut website has some links. I'm planning to make some t-shirts for Christmas with the Easy Press that I got for my birthday. I might try it out today.