Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Cricut Chatter (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/cricut-chatter-239384/)

CindyP 04-12-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssister
I uploaded a few more layouts that I did for my SIL's wedding album. Here's one of them:

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/527722?nocache=1

I hope she likes them! It's so hard to scrap something so important and not totally do it "my way" you know?

Why wouldn't she love these? They are beautiful!!!

Shell 04-12-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
ok, don't forget you can use a coupon to get it!! Does that help at all??
C

Yeah .... I don't often get the coupon, so it helps me avoid it for a little longer .... :)

robynstamps 04-12-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caitlinstamps
Oh I have a scallop weakness, dont tell me about the rectangle. I just returned celebrations for WIMG. I just didnt like the lettering. Maybe they will make the next batch of carts with some scalloped oval.

mmm scallops

Alphalicious has a scalloped oval. It has the hole at the top for a tag but it is awesome!!

lhayes33 04-12-2007 12:10 PM

cartridge that has mini envelope?

Hey! Ok, I've searched through the handbooks and I can't find the cartridge that has a mini envelope. There is one isn't there? Am I just losing it? I want to do a card for a swap and have the little calander thingy from the SU! set Office Accoutrament slide out of a mini envelope and I swear there is a cartridge that has one. Can anyone tell me which one it is? Thanks!!
Laurie

jostvig 04-12-2007 12:34 PM

doodlecharms has an envelope
shift on foundation#2 I think

jostvig 04-12-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhayes33
Hey! Ok, I've searched through the handbooks and I can't find the cartridge that has a mini envelope. There is one isn't there? Am I just losing it? I want to do a card for a swap and have the little calander thingy from the SU! set Office Accoutrament slide out of a mini envelope and I swear there is a cartridge that has one. Can anyone tell me which one it is? Thanks!!
Laurie

Zooballoo has a pocket envelope. It is square, Celebrations isn't

jostvig 04-12-2007 12:39 PM

I meant to say doodlecharms and not celebrations

Shell 04-12-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig
Zooballoo has a pocket envelope. It is square, Celebrations isn't

There goes my Zooby again!!!!! :mrgreen:

Shell 04-12-2007 01:38 PM

I've decided to get AK, NA, and CC on Sunday in the sale. I'm not as into the fonts as many of you are. I really love the shapes. What do you guys think??

jostvig 04-12-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shell
I've decided to get AK, NA, and CC on Sunday in the sale. I'm not as into the fonts as many of you are. I really love the shapes. What do you guys think??

good choices I have AK & NA is on my list right behind Zooballoo.;)

danssister 04-12-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah for Mom.

Ditto! :D

caitlinstamps 04-12-2007 03:16 PM

I am also more into the shapes, but since I have no kids in my life the NA and adorable zooaballo and doodlecharms are so useful. My 25 year old friends wont find it as cute as I do unfortunately! haha!

Tell me if you use CC, will you? :)

jostvig 04-12-2007 03:17 PM

Circle, Square, Rectangle Scalloped shapes

Quote:

You know shell I was looking at Celebrations closer and if you don't mind trimming or that the one bump is slightly taller on the scallopped circle tag shadow you have a scalloped circle , square and rectangle on that cart, if you use the shadow features. So I think you have all those options already.

wendie1017 04-12-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

I am very tempted to do this too, I will be going br a M's tomorrow and by another one on monday, and I have the feeling ifI wait until monday the ones I want will be gone!

I am at my mom's for a few days, she is doing much better, she has gone 2 weeks today without a smoke:D
C

Good for her, those first 2 weeks are probably the hardest.

stargirl 04-12-2007 03:34 PM

I always mean to read this thread because my cricut is so neglected, and now I want a CB but won't buy one because I don't use my cricut! I'm counting on you girls to give me many brilliant ideas!

cindy_haffner 04-12-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl
I always mean to read this thread because my cricut is so neglected, and now I want a CB but won't buy one because I don't use my cricut! I'm counting on you girls to give me many brilliant ideas!

Ohhh, that's what I thought until Conni came over with her cute little cuttlebug. I haven't looked back I love my Cuttlebug. I like my cricut to, you really do need both.

Cindy

jostvig 04-12-2007 03:59 PM

Welcome Carla

jostvig 04-12-2007 04:00 PM

You see Carla we are very enable-ing around here;)

Heather_M 04-12-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Aww Carla! Your bug is neglected! You must be too bust drinking water! ;)

jostvig 04-12-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather_M
Aww Carla! Your bug is neglected! You must be too bust drinking water! ;)

WHAT?

Heather_M 04-12-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

WHAT?

lol I know Carla from the moover's and shaker's thread where we all suport each other with weight loss and remind each other to drink our water for the day.

jostvig 04-12-2007 04:14 PM

Quote:

lol I know Carla from the moover's and shaker's thread where we all suport each other with weight loss and remind each other to drink our water for the day.

OH I just thought that was so odd I thought you miss typed, thanks for clarifying;)

hart2heart 04-12-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

I am very tempted to do this too, I will be going br a M's tomorrow and by another one on monday, and I have the feeling ifI wait until monday the ones I want will be gone!

I am at my mom's for a few days, she is doing much better, she has gone 2 weeks today without a smoke:D
C

That's awesome news about your mom, Connie! That is exactly why I got my cartridges early. I knew the selection wouldnt' be great if I waited and I didn't want to take my chances. It was a lot or money at once, but I will get a lot back. I am hoping to get one more on Sunday.

JazzyCreations 04-12-2007 04:48 PM

Can you break down the abbreviations you are using for the carts please :D

hart2heart 04-12-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Good choices! The only one I don't have is Christmas Cheer, but Molly has that one.

hart2heart 04-12-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
Can you break down the abbreviations you are using for the carts please :D

AK-Animal Kingdom
NA-New Arrival
CC-Christmas Cheer
MM-Mini Monograms
I think I got them all. Let me know if I missed any.

hart2heart 04-12-2007 04:56 PM

Welcome Carla!

JazzyCreations 04-12-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hart2heart
AK-Animal Kingdom
NA-New Arrival
CC-Christmas Cheer
MM-Mini Monograms
I think I got them all. Let me know if I missed any.

thank you!

JazzyCreations 04-12-2007 05:14 PM

I am trying to decide which ones I want to get...if I can get the sale prices here I think I can get 3-4

Shell 04-12-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

good choices I have AK & NA is on my list right behind Zooballoo.;)

Good priorities! LOL!!

I think that NA has a lot of stuff that can be used outside of baby things, KWIM??

Shell 04-12-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caitlinstamps
I am also more into the shapes, but since I have no kids in my life the NA and adorable zooaballo and doodlecharms are so useful. My 25 year old friends wont find it as cute as I do unfortunately! haha!

Tell me if you use CC, will you? :)

Zooballoo is the greatest, most versatile cart EVAH!!! Love that thing for ANY age group. Jus' sayin' ....

Shell 04-12-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

You know shell I was looking at Celebrations closer and if you don't mind trimming or that the one bump is slightly taller on the scallopped circle tag shadow you have a scalloped circle , square and rectangle on that cart, if you use the shadow features. So I think you have all those options already.

I saw that. I thought about that one, too. I think I'm going to hold off, though ... unless I get there and just HAVE to have it. LOL!!!

Shell 04-12-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Use that Cricut!!!!! It needs love and attention! LOL!

Welcome to the thread, Stargirl!

willwork4stamps 04-12-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Karen I am sure if you need more help some one else will come and post more notes, other wise if you go to www.cricut.com they have a forum there for each cartridge and someone whose used it more may be of more help. If you click on product and then carts and then Opposites attract, in the upper Right corner an orange box says explore cartridge and then ... heres the link its quicker.. you can click explore cartridge or go to discussion in the forum, search the thread I am sure they will help you with more information also.
wish I could be of more help. but I have to go

Thanks so much! I will check it out. I'm having another issue with a different cartridge, so I'll check there for that, too.

Shell 04-12-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

thank you!

Just to add to that ....

TBBM - - Tags, Bags, Boxes and More

Shell 04-12-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

I am trying to decide which ones I want to get...if I can get the sale prices here I think I can get 3-4

That's what I'm thinking, too.

willwork4stamps 04-12-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ
I like to lay my letters out on a craft mat where I want them to be in relation to one another. The tails will be all over the place. Then with a craft knife cut through both tails (one for the letter on the left and one for the letter on the right). Then, when I lay them on the paper I just line up the cut marks (they match perfectly) and you can hardly tell that they're not one solid piece.

Thanks for the help -- I'll definitely try it the next time I use it!

robynstamps 04-12-2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Hi Carla! Welcome!! This thread will be very inspiring for you. I've been scrappin' today, as a matter of fact, because of the layouts that Molly posted. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

robynstamps 04-12-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

I need to join that thread. Are newcomers welcome?? :)

JazzyCreations 04-12-2007 06:10 PM

hey again,
sorry i am sure this has been asked but I am assuming the sale starts on Sunday, yes?
And walk in my garden has several different flower choices, yes? Does it also have a font?
TIA