Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #2161  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Gale...what day did you mail your paperwork for the free cartridge? I mailed for the first on on 12/21 and the second one on 12/28. I think they are still shipping prior to those received on 12/21. Just guessing as mine have not processed yet either.
Blessings.
Has PC said anything about the looooooong wait on those "free" carts? I mailed mine between Cmas and New Year's...do you think they'll really run out, it did say "while supplies last"???

...still no sign of AE...:-(
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #2162  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrennaLynnView Post
Hey girls, I haven't been around for awhile. My DH got really sick, but he's on the mend TTL.

I have had an experience that I don't want others to go through... DO NOT buy from Oh MyCrafts! or MegansSecret on eBay. They are listing things as "4 available" or "Buy it Now" (these items are NOT listed as "pre-order"). What happens is this: You pay and then they send you a message after a couple of weeks saying that the item is on back order from the supplier and they aren't sure when it will get there. What is really devious is that they are STILL listing the same items for sale on eBay as "4 available" and "buy it now" when according to their e-mail, they aren't sure when they will get it in! I've reported it to eBay, but it can take a wile for them to investigate. In the meantime, plenty of other ladies are getting duped--like me! UGH.

Has anyone used the markers to go in the eBug? Do they work well/last?
Thanks for the heads' up on the eBay scammers! :mad:

I LOOOOOOOOVE the markers.... I've only used them to draw(press 'cut') images or phrases, not as outlining, but they are a must have IMO.... I bought brown/black and use them all the time to link l/o's together or as background... it's funny, but I am so enthralled with chirpy magic of it, that I sit there and watch the entire image drawn out...like a kid waiting for a cake to bake!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #2163  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Hey girls, I haven't been around for awhile. My DH got really sick, but he's on the mend TTL.

I have had an experience that I don't want others to go through... DO NOT buy from Oh MyCrafts! or MegansSecret on eBay. They are listing things as "4 available" or "Buy it Now" (these items are NOT listed as "pre-order"). What happens is this: You pay and then they send you a message after a couple of weeks saying that the item is on back order from the supplier and they aren't sure when it will get there. What is really devious is that they are STILL listing the same items for sale on eBay as "4 available" and "buy it now" when according to their e-mail, they aren't sure when they will get it in! I've reported it to eBay, but it can take a wile for them to investigate. In the meantime, plenty of other ladies are getting duped--like me! UGH.

A lot of people were having problems with OMC about a year ago but supposedly they changed owners and everything is supposed to be normal. I have ordered from them in the past and have had no problems.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #2164  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up! I haven't ever bought from them, but I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Glad your DH is on the mend, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #2165  
Crimping Master

I hope ebay pulls the listing then. How can you sell something if you dont have it? Hope you got your money back. Glad your hubby is feeling better. We got to keep them healthy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 AM   #2166  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
Hey girls. I have been busy with my bug last night and today. I have finished cutting out all the words for those 11 other posters I have to make. It took me HOURS!!!! I haven't put them together yet but I'm sure that will take just as long as cutting them out!

Well, I'm going to go and chill out in my loft while I put my kids down for naps. We are taking the 3 older kids to see the Hannah Montana movie tonight and want to make sure they are all rested up. I still have two kids home from school sick but the doc said it isn't strep. I had her do an overnight culture just in case.
WAHOOOOO, that's a LOT of details to put together! Very lovely finished product, Robyn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #2167  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Thanks for the heads up. That's irritating. I know that ebay policy is not to sell stuff unless it's available.
Actually, eBay does allow pre-sale listings:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Pre-sale listings are those that describe items for sale that are not in the control or possession of the seller at the time of the listing. These listings generally consist of items that are sold in advance of a delivery date to the public.

eBay permits Pre-sale listings only on a limited basis. The seller must guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing). The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing. Additionally, this text must be no less than the default font size of the eBay Sell-Your-Item form. Currently, the default font size is HTML font size 3.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
  • Listing cancellation
  • Limits on account privileges
  • Account suspension
  • Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
  • Loss of PowerSeller status
It looks like Oh My Crafts is no longer a registered user:
http://myworld.ebay.com/ohmycrafts/ (Unless they have a new user name.) I couldn't find the user "MegansSecret"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #2168  
Die Cut Diva

I found "meganssecrets".. She does have the disclaimer in her auctions:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Cricut Cartridges are still in high demand. We have many orders in place with our supplier, but sometimes the do not arrive as expected. We try and ship all orders within 3-5 business days, but be patient as sometimes it takes a few extra days to complete your order.

So she is also following eBay's guidelines.

Oh... and I see she's the "new" user ID for Oh My Crafts as that is the location listed for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #2169  
Gabfest Goddess

Megan's Secrets has been on ebay for quite awhile now. She using OMC and Megan's Secrets on there.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #2170  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Going "old school"

Still haven't found my AE cart...could the Mommies in the crowd please use your super-finder senses (you know, the senses that tell you exactly where the other sock is without even setting foot into DS's room!!?!)...and take a gander through my house...mind the laundry, feel free to use the washroom it's freshly cleaned.... I can't find that cart ANYWHERE and have now dumped the recycling and garbage again...checked all the drawers again...and crawled around at DS's eye level in hopes of spotting it. :(

It's really cramping my new style...I know I'm spoiled, but having to scrap "old school" just isn't as fun as hearing that happy chirpy sound of my Ebug as she chomps her way through the AE cuts... sigh... I even used PUNCHES last night...now THAT'S old school! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #2171  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianKristinView Post
Still haven't found my AE cart...could the Mommies in the crowd please use your super-finder senses (you know, the senses that tell you exactly where the other sock is without even setting foot into DS's room!!?!)...and take a gander through my house...mind the laundry, feel free to use the washroom it's freshly cleaned.... I can't find that cart ANYWHERE and have now dumped the recycling and garbage again...checked all the drawers again...and crawled around at DS's eye level in hopes of spotting it. :(
Have you looked in the pockets of your laundry, behind and under the beds and in the bottom of any scrap totes (in case DS threw them in)?

I just found these threads yesterday and I haven't had the heart to scroll through ALL of the posts. I bought my Cricut last summer when I thought I'd DIE if I didn't get one. The high lasted 30 mins. I took over a month to even open the box, and at least 2 to use it. I'm just finding out about Design Studio. I wonder how long I can hold out before I decide I must have that, too?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #2172  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

It's really cramping my new style...I know I'm spoiled, but having to scrap "old school" just isn't as fun as hearing that happy chirpy sound of my Ebug as she chomps her way through the AE cuts... sigh... I even used PUNCHES last night...now THAT'S old school! lol

I lost one of mine, or at least I thought I had. Then when I went to close my Cricut up it was hiding under the door! Boy, I felt really stupid!!

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #2173  
Polyshrink Goddess

Now there is a thought--since he said it was with your bug--is there any place in or around it that he could have put it? Could he have stuck it through behind the roller? It wouldn't show up very obviously, perhaps, if he shoved it back in there. And I can stick my adult fingers in there pretty far . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #2174  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgalView Post
I lost one of mine, or at least I thought I had. Then when I went to close my Cricut up it was hiding under the door! Boy, I felt really stupid!!
I keep closing it and then openning it really quick, hoping I "missed the cart" the last ten times I looked in that spot....I'm going to have a GF over to look...fresh eyes, new perspective...I've checked and rechecked where I thought it'd be...even checked the pockets of my scrapping pants (yes, I have pants for scrapping in) cause they're old and baggy and have cargo pockets...nope, not there either. WHERE the hey-diddle could it have gone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! Now I'm getting aggravated! Doh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #2175  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Kristin, my best bets....in a pocket is good...in a shoe...do you have a picture of your space I might beaable to ask my almost 5 yr old where would you put it. I have bins for punches and beads etc and stuff sometimes getsknocked into them...mine like to stick stuff in to his cars and trucks, but I ask them where it is and they can usually take me right where it is.. can you show him another cart and ask where is its friend...Mine have alwasy been able to remember at least the general area...ANd when all else fails a good prayer usually works and if I wait for my first instinct after that its usually right on...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #2176  
Stazon Splitcoast

[quote=deejai1922;8663219]Have you looked in the pockets of your laundry, behind and under the beds and in the bottom of any scrap totes (in case DS threw them in)?

I just found these threads yesterday and I haven't had the heart to scroll through ALL of the posts. I bought my Cricut last summer when I thought I'd DIE if I didn't get one. The high lasted 30 mins. I took over a month to even open the box, and at least 2 to use it. I'm just finding out about Design Studio. I wonder how long I can hold out before I decide I must have that, too?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #2177  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvigView Post
Kristin, my best bets....in a pocket is good...in a shoe...do you have a picture of your space I might beaable to ask my almost 5 yr old where would you put it. I have bins for punches and beads etc and stuff sometimes getsknocked into them...mine like to stick stuff in to his cars and trucks, but I ask them where it is and they can usually take me right where it is.. can you show him another cart and ask where is its friend...Mine have alwasy been able to remember at least the general area...ANd when all else fails a good prayer usually works and if I wait for my first instinct after that its usually right on...
The problem is this: I think the just-turned-14-months DS is the culprit...and he ain't talking!:confused: I have now increased the reward to $20 to the kid who finds it...that's got my 9 years old on a mission! ;) I know it's here, I know it's here, I know it's here...and I've been very open to hearing God's voice in this...you can't believe the strange places I've looked.... oh, gonna go look in the little hole in the side of the cupboard right now...be right back.... well, found my lipstick... that's a start, I guess...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #2178  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

...ANd when all else fails a good prayer usually works and if I wait for my first instinct after that its usually right on..

That ALWAYS works for me! I just say Lord, please let me lay my hands upon it. Then sure enough I get a feeling I should go look here or there...Voila! There it is.

My little one likes to put like things together. Does your little one have any places in your craft area that are his? Mine has bins with her craft stuff. My craft stuff, her craft stuff...she might think that she was helping put it away. Or how about toys that work with cartridges? Leapfrog? Nintendo DS? Maybe your cartridge is in with his cartridges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 03:53 PM   #2179  
Rubber Obsessor

You may only want to try this if you're REALLY desperate, but since the little one can't talk yet, what about putting another catridge in his hand and then CLOSELY shadow him around to see what he does with it. He may lead you to the other one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #2180  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh wow--I was really hoping to come back on here and see that you found it, Kristin!

Dear Lord, guide Kristin's eyes and hands and footsteps to help her find this lost tool. Bless her and her little ones. Amen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #2181  
Hardware Hotshot

Default You are all so kind...

...still haven't found it.

Deb: Amen

Deejai 1992: I did actually try that...and apparently he follows a different path on each mission he goes on! :rolleyes:

The big kids and I have now thoroughly cleaned up the play room adjacent to my craft space, we've all gone through my scrap room a few times, and I've looked in all the strangest places I can think of. sigh. It is here. Trusting God will show me where...perhaps He has other plans for my evening, and I did get to spend extra time with the kids today as they helped me instead of spreading to the 4 corners of the house after school. That's a bonus! It's going to just turn up, I know it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #2182  
Mad Swapper

Not yet huh Kristin? I just finished dinner and was hoping to hear where you found it.
I'll check back again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #2183  
Kookie Creator

How about checking your floor registers to the furnace. Don't ask me how I know this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #2184  
Hardware Hotshot

Default No sign of it yet.

Well, still can't find my AE cart. Going to head off to bed soon...maybe it'll come to me in a dream...worked for Joseph, right!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #2185  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
If I lose something, I buy another. Then I find the first one. Works every time.
[insert whiney voice] But I can't BUY the Accent Essentials cart...it came with the machine, and is my absolute favourite..... I'll take Jostvig's advice and contact PC...and beg for a replacement.... doh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #2186  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamcquinnView Post
How about checking your floor registers to the furnace. Don't ask me how I know this!
That IS a good suggestion...don't ask how I know that, either.... going to check...tower of Duplo, small piece of Playmobil...no cart... good suggestion though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #2187  
Gabfest Goddess

I just bought Doodletype!!! I figured that since HL had their carts on sale for $50 that I would just go ahead and use the money from the baby bug and get it. Now I am officially done buying carts until new ones come out. There aren't any that I want or need now! I think I might have too many but I use almost all of them!!

Have a good night everyone. I'm off to bed.

Kristin, I hope you find your cart soon!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:03 AM   #2188  
Insane Embellisher

Default new carts from PC?

Has anyone heard about the carts coming out? I heard about Pooh (which I think we all have by now), a wedding one, and 2 sports ones. There was mention of 2 others but not sure what they are.... something about 'home' and 'kids art' or something...

But on another thread (i think it was a UK one) I read that there were 18 new ones coming out ... that seems a bit high doesn't it? I'm guessing about 6 new will come out... regardless of number, they will be launched mid February on the PC site.

I also heard that there will be 'smaller' carts i.e. have less on them and thus cost less per... or at least some will be like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:18 AM   #2189  
Insane Embellisher

subscribing. Good luck finding the missing cartridge. Thanks for all the great ideas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:26 AM   #2190  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloetzuView Post
Has anyone heard about the carts coming out? I heard about Pooh (which I think we all have by now), a wedding one, and 2 sports ones. There was mention of 2 others but not sure what they are.... something about 'home' and 'kids art' or something...

But on another thread (i think it was a UK one) I read that there were 18 new ones coming out ... that seems a bit high doesn't it? I'm guessing about 6 new will come out... regardless of number, they will be launched mid February on the PC site.

I also heard that there will be 'smaller' carts i.e. have less on them and thus cost less per... or at least some will be like that.
This has been my thinkingI have been thinking it would boost sales if people could by carts with less options...thus making the machine more appealing to a different buyer... I have been waiting for them to make smaller carts with less options like AE...cuttin Up and the other Font one that came out with the Bug special at Walmart on Black Friday...Since they were asking about AE in the survey I was thinking it might be happening...BUT I was hoping that they would also come out with a full accents cart that had even more cutting options...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:27 AM   #2191  
Die Cut Diva

I'm sorry you are missing your cart. My son who is 3 when he was a little younger liked to steal my shoes. Of course it was only one shoe he would steal so I would put the one on and think the other was close by and then have to spend an hour or so trying to find the other shoe!

I just have to say I love my Cricut! I was bummed yesterday because I needed hearts for a card and I don't have a heat punch. Then my light bulb went off and I remember that I have carts with a few different hearts on them! AND I get tp pick the size! LOL I'm Happy!! =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #2192  
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Skype™ to eap7376
Default E-bay troubles . . .

Quote:

Oh my - I've bought from both of those sellers . . . a year ago. Had no problems. I'm sorry to hear there are problems with them now. I certainly will NOT purchase from them again!

I'm new on this forum, and have had my Cricut for over a year. I LOVE it! I'm currently working on a wedding album for my Son and his wife. I've been cutting titles using Generations gold sticky back paper (which I bought at Michaels and they have now discontinued!) I had to fiddle with the settings, but finally got it to cut properly. The Cheat Sheets are quite helpful.

I bought the markers, but don't have them in possession yet. Can't wait to give them a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 07:18 AM   #2193  
Gabfest Goddess

I have purchased from Oh My Crafts MANY TIMES and have NEVER had a problem. And I have gotten some REALLY great deals. Hope it's just a glitch in their system right now. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #2194  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloetzuView Post
Has anyone heard about the carts coming out?
I've heard there are nine new cartridges to be released in the U.S. this month. Two Pooh cartridges (one is a font cartridge) and two sports cartridges. I haven't heard anything about the other ones. So far I don't feel that I HAVE to have those four - but I guess that since I haven't had a peek at the sports ones, I could change my mind. I'd like a cute cat one that is similar to the Paper Pups cartridge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 AM   #2195  
Stazon Splitcoast

Whoooo hooo...One of my free cartridges is shipping...they just dinged the credit card for the shipping. I sent for the first free one on 12/21 if that helps anyone. Happy Happy Happy....cant wait to see what comes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:42 AM   #2196  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

This has been my thinkingI have been thinking it would boost sales if people could by carts with less options...thus making the machine more appealing to a different buyer... I have been waiting for them to make smaller carts with less options like AE...cuttin Up and the other Font one that came out with the Bug special at Walmart on Black Friday...Since they were asking about AE in the survey I was thinking it might be happening...BUT I was hoping that they would also come out with a full accents cart that had even more cutting options...
Cuttin' Up doesn't have less options. I own it and you can do 9 different fonts with it. I love it!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #2197  
Gabfest Goddess

www.memorymiser.com is supposed to show the new carts either on the 7th or the 9th. I can't remember the exact date. There are supposed to be 9 released then but a total of 13 this year. They announced that somewhere on the Cricut forum last year when they were doing the cartridge giveaway.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #2198  
Hardware Hotshot

Default No cart yet...

Good Morning, Girls! I can hear those bugs chirping all the way up here in Canada, you all are a busy lot today!!! All this talk about new carts is getting me excited for some new 'bigger boy' stuff. I have 3 boys and mostly girlie embellies and such so would LOVE some more masculine options...funny how the scrap industry seems to gear 75% to feminine...hello: what about the boys?!?!?!?! We have husbands, fathers, grandfathers, nephews, uncles and SONS to scrap pages about!

Robyn, I love how you just know stuff... so cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #2199  
Total Quack

# Camping
# Soccer
# Baseball
# Indie Art
# Home Accents
# Wedding
# Pooh and Friends
# Pooh Fonts

This was on Kim's site today ...............

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #2200  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellView Post
# Camping
# Soccer
# Baseball
# Indie Art
# Home Accents
# Wedding
# Pooh and Friends
# Pooh Fonts

This was on Kim's site today ...............
Oooooh, soccer and home accents (flourishes, I hope!!!) and camping!??!?! Ooooooooh THAT is fun news!!! Was there pics with that at all?
Reply With Quote Likes