Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are some interesting comments at the bottom of this article. The comment by Kim Bush was particularly interesting to me. My Sweet Petunia Sues Tonic over Tim Holtz Stamp Press - Scrapbook Update

Also there is a link to the letterpress info that came out some years ago. Pictures of the letterpress are included.
Letterpress | L Letterpress from Lifestyle Crafts - Scrapbook Update

I guess we all draw our own conclusions and interpret the significance of the letterpress in one of two ways as it relates to the Misti.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #42  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just appalled that she's requesting 3 times the jury awarded damages. How is that even possible. It sounds very greedy to me. Yes, I own a MISTI love it; even bought my sister one. I got them before the price skyrocketed.
And, yes, I will purchase the TH platform, mostly because of the versatility & sturdier base, but also a bit out of spite.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2017, 07:42 PM   #43  
Crimping Master

Wondering if the recent case delays affect the release of the tweaked Tonic. I see no recent updates of the June 30th date on Simon Says Stamp for instance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 05:18 AM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryalenaView Post
Wondering if the recent case delays affect the release of the tweaked Tonic. I see no recent updates of the June 30th date on Simon Says Stamp for instance.
How did you find out that the patent lawsuit was delayed?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 05:19 AM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Marco Paper has an update on 5/31 that the new positioner is in production and should arrive the last week of June.

https://www.marcopaper.com/products....n-June-2017%29
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 05:24 AM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftjunkiescView Post
I'm just appalled that she's requesting 3 times the jury awarded damages. How is that even possible. It sounds very greedy to me. Yes, I own a MISTI love it; even bought my sister one. I got them before the price skyrocketed.
And, yes, I will purchase the TH platform, mostly because of the versatility & sturdier base, but also a bit out of spite.
Requesting "treble" (triple) damages is fairly common; getting them is another thing. ; )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 05:26 AM   #47  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

There are some interesting comments at the bottom of this article. The comment by Kim Bush was particularly interesting to me. My Sweet Petunia Sues Tonic over Tim Holtz Stamp Press - Scrapbook Update

Also there is a link to the letterpress info that came out some years ago. Pictures of the letterpress are included.
Letterpress | L Letterpress from Lifestyle Crafts - Scrapbook Update

I guess we all draw our own conclusions and interpret the significance of the letterpress in one of two ways as it relates to the Misti.
Was it the fourth comment by Kim Bush? (She wrote four!) Just curious.

And yes, the WRMK Letterpress was/maybe still is used for stamping. Good find, thanks. From that site in 2011 (scroll down the page past the bright orange background to see the comments/pics):

"One last experiment I performed with the L Letterpress kit had nothing to do with letterpress at all, but instead shows a hidden talent of this tool. I love it when my tools multitask, and I was thrilled to find that the L Letterpress base when used on its own (without the Epic 6 tool) is a superb stamping platform!

Using the L Letterpress platform for stamping is extremely easy. Simply lay out your clear stamps on the clear top as if it were a giant acrylic block…"

The link again: http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2011/...estyle-crafts/

Last edited by bjeans; 06-06-2017 at 05:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 05:35 AM   #48  
Glitter Guru

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I emailed Tonic and their office manager replied and said that SSS should be receiving theirs the week of July 9th. I then called SSS and they knew nothing of this and asked me to forward the email to them.

I called Tonic back and the rep said that she had no further info, but that the office manager would have the latest update on the product, so I should go with that.

Which doesn't mean really anything. I'm sure that if the lawsuit is being prolonged, Tonic is not broadcasting it to everyone at the company.

The rep did offer her opinion, which is that this is just MSP stalling things. That the two products are not the same. Her opinion. Mine also, so happens. But MSP can do a lot to stall, it's in their power, legally.

So I tried, guys. This is what I came up with.

In the meantime, vendors in the UK are no doubt gearing up to fill the void. They would be crazy not to. There are masses of people here in the US waiting for this tool to be available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 08:14 AM   #49  
Crimping Master

Beth it was the comment that included the statement about smacking a hornets' nest that couldn't be unsmacked. That rang true to me.

And Howdyheidi I have been following a site that shows the progress of the lawsuit. That's where I noticed that MSP was resisting a move of the case to California. That seemed like a delay to me.

This is all great research. I will be pleasantly surprised if the Tonic ships in July but it does sound hopeful. I also think many of us will go to U.K. shipping if necessary. Stampers are a pretty determined lot. For me it's become like forbidden fruit. I didn't think I needed it until all this uproar started. Now I want it and see it as my go to positioner. My DH thinks this is amusing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Beth it was the comment that included the statement about smacking a hornets' nest that couldn't be unsmacked. That rang true to me.

And Howdyheidi I have been following a site that shows the progress of the lawsuit. That's where I noticed that MSP was resisting a move of the case to California. That seemed like a delay to me.
Thanks!

I noticed this in the news a couple weeks ago (and immediately thought of this lawsuit) and it seems to explain why the suit was opened in Delaware. I am not sure how applicable it is to this case, because the case was opened before this judgement from the Supreme Court, but it might have some bearing on the case. Anyhow, I thought it was interesting...

http://www.law.com/sites/almstaff/20...20170506122700
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 08:37 AM   #51  
Gallery Gazer

Tons of companies incorporate in DE since there's no corporate income tax for companies that don't do business there. If there was a trial (which is doubtful only because most cases settle), I was hoping it would be in Delaware since I could theoretically drive up to watch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #52  
Crimping Master

Wow, a roving reporter. That would be interesting! I'm thinking jury selection would be comprised of non-stampers. Lots of demos and videos, maybe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #53  
Glitter Guru

I just posted to the other thread on this that I have now gotten to the point where I feel annoyed every time I use my Misti.

Fighting exact copies, fair play. But this was not a copy. And for MSP to try to create a monopoly on the tool here (and be able to charge whatever it wants) is unacceptable business practice in my opinion. There has always been room for the Misti, the Tonic and any other variations that come along. The Misti has it's fan base. It's not going anywhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
I emailed Tonic and their office manager replied and said that SSS should be receiving theirs the week of July 9th. I then called SSS and they knew nothing of this and asked me to forward the email to them.

I called Tonic back and the rep said that she had no further info, but that the office manager would have the latest update on the product, so I should go with that.
Robin,

Looks like your intel is spot-on.

Stampers Anonymous sent out the following via e-mail yesterday:

Tim Holtz Stamp Platform Update
So, what the heck is going on with the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform I ordered?
Good question. Unfortunately, the answer isn't as good.

The General Manager & National Sales Manager were here in our building last week to show us the latest modified Stamp Platform (it is pretty awesome). By talking directly with Tonic Studios, we have been informed that the shipping date had been moved again. Tonic Studios has given us a shipping estimate (we stress the word estimate) of mid-July. We know some of you have been waiting very patiently since April. We can't thank you enough for your patience, as the shipping date has been moved several times.

If you have pre-ordered with us online, we will not charge your credit card until your order ships. If you have pre-paid for one at a show, we will always be glad to refund your money.

We take pride in our customer service and want to keep your informed. We know this is frustrating and appreciate your patience and understanding.

-Stampers Anonymous
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 05:16 PM   #55  
Glitter Guru

But until the litigation is over, how can they ship?

I am taking this as yet another estimate. They have tweaked, and hope the case will be settled. But MSP is contesting moving the case to California and it doesn't sound like things are close to being resolved, in fact it sounds like she is trying to drag it out.

I am starting to explore a UK buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

July is close - and I'm curious about the tweaks. Though while I feel patient this at this moment, it can change in heartbeat and I'll find myself staring at a UK buy button.

But if you're going for it, Art From the Heart is one UK shop that had them, and the owner was really nice via email - even encouraged me to wait and see to avoid shipping charges and support an LSS. Shaz vouched for them. I think she used a different shop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 02:23 AM   #57  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

For anyone who does want to get one from the UK, I've just posted links to two UK sites, including the one I bought from, in the other Tonic Platform thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 03:59 AM   #58  
Glitter Guru

I emailed CraftStash in the UK and they have them on preorder. The one they are shipping is the 1708e, which I believe is the "untweaked" one. So two versions at this point and I am wondering what the differences will be. Improvements I would hope. Also, will Tonic keep making two versions or eventually switch everthing over to the one? Questions no one can answer for me at this point.

I am going to check out your sites, Shaz, but I sure wish I knew how Tonic revised this thing. It would factor into whether I cancel my pre-order here and get the original from the UK or just wait it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #59  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
For anyone who does want to get one from the UK, I've just posted links to two UK sites, including the one I bought from, in the other Tonic Platform thread.
Thanks Shaz! I just ordered mine from Craft World and will cancel my pre-order here in the US.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #60  
Glitter Guru

Craft World must be busy today - over on the other thread we are falling like pins... I just ordered one myself. Don't know what I will do about my preorder. I am so curious about the "tweaks".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 02:59 PM   #61  
Kookie Creator

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

RachelRose :
There is an update from Tonic on the other thread in this forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #62  
Crimping Master

Ordered from Craft World today. As I posted on the other forum, in the Netherlands they have sold out and now the tweaked version one is showing as the new preorder. Perhaps that will be Tonic's strategy in other countries as well. Just guessing.
Reply With Quote Likes