Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #721  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2girlView Post
I so agree with you, Jen! I made 24 file folder notepads today. My friend bought 10 last night, so I needed to resupply. :grin: So I'm going to stay off of here and the other 10,000 blogs I usually read and keep my nose to the grind stone. Only 4 more days to get things done before this Saturday's show. Yikes, where is the time going?
I found a 5 tiered stand with 5 arms on each tier that spins and is about 5 1/2feet tall at a craft surplus sale this weekend for $10! cha ching! It comes apart in three pieces and is light enough to carry, but still sturdy.
On a separate note...Has anyone done the fleece or felted flowers made with the sizzix circles #2 die? Wondering how much to sell them for. I have attached them to pin backs, headbands and hairclips. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sharon
I am glad to hear the altered file folders are selling! I have completed 24. What are you asking for yours? I was thinking $6 with matching rsvp pen and sticky notes and decorated front cover. This includes 7 % sales tax. Is this too much or too little. Would love to sell 10 at once. Your 5 tiered stand sounds awesome!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #722  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281View Post
I am glad to hear the altered file folders are selling! I have completed 24. What are you asking for yours? I was thinking $6 with matching rsvp pen and sticky notes and decorated front cover. This includes 7 % sales tax. Is this too much or too little. Would love to sell 10 at once. Your 5 tiered stand sounds awesome!!
I have some that I've embellished the front cover and those I'm selling for $6. The ones that are not decorated I'm going to sell for $5. The covers are so pretty, I hate to cover them up. All of them have a matching pen, 3 x 3 post it notes and those little flag post its. My total material cost was $1.15 (for the undecorated ones), so that's not a bad profit and they go together quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #723  
Cardstock Collector

I am new here, can someone share there decorative file folder I keep reading about?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #724  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by budobieView Post
I am new here, can someone share there decorative file folder I keep reading about?
This is a link to how to make one Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials and I have a pic in my gallery of one of the ones I made.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #725  
Insane Embellisher

Ok...Pics are up in my gallery here from this last weekend. meant to post them yesterday...but was just a little worn out. and didn't make it back here. I really had a great time...and if I could find another one this month...I would love to get another booth. I'm going to keep working till I find the right venue. Everything that I didn't sell I'm taking pics and listing on my Etsy store. Hopefully I'll sell lots there too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
stampinssk8ter_ did you fill your tiles in with grout before you stamped them? i have never seen that done before. I painstakingly go through every box and pull out the ones that don't have holes. It is a pain.
I did not fill any holes. I've been lucky...the tiles that I've been buying at lowes have been very nice. They're in a box so I don't have to worry about getting bad ones as I can just go through all the different boxes. I spent a lot of time going through the boxes just to find the ones I liked. The staff came by and checked on me once in a while...making sure I was finding everything ok. he was a nice guy...actually helped me a little when he was slow. I know you can also get them on ebay...but I don't have a link to where I've found them. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #726  
Kookie Creator

Lisa,
I love your banner! Don't forget to check Craig's List for more craft fairs in your area!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #727  
Rubber Obsessor

Lisa~ Also check out your city's event calendar! That's how I found out about a couple craft shows. Lots of churches around here are having craft shows over the next couple months. As well as our mall.

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 06:05 AM   #728  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you, the tutorial was wonderful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #729  
Inking Addict

I am trying to get ready for 2 upcoming shows. I am going to go with some of what sold best for me last year, which are the large wooden clips made into recipe holders and photo holders, tic tac toe games and I sold a bunch of the binder clip calendars too! I also have cards, stamped candles, reindeer and snowman poop, beaded pens, and the circle 3D ornaments from the SU die. I did pretty well with all those things, so I hope they sell again!

I have added some pics of the clips, games and the calendars, just in case anyone is interested! I have 19 of the clips painted now, so just have to work on adding the decorations, etc. Lots to do and not enough time to do it in!

SHARON: I have made some of the fleece flowers too, but wasn't sure what to sell them for either? I need to add the pins to mine yet, and then maybe I will post them and see what others think here.

Maria
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-sept-dec-09-043-copy.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-sept-dec-09-044-copy.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-sept-dec-09-063-copy.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 07:17 AM   #730  
Die Cut Diva

Great looking booth stampnsk8er.

And MLH1966 - your items look great.

I'm not doing my show until the first weekend in December. I did one for the first time last year and many people bought and commented. I feel I'll be more prepared this year although my list of "what I'm gonig to make" is getting bigger with all your suggestions and ideas. I need to taylor it down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #731  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by patscrapView Post
Unfortunately, I only bought 25 of the comp books when they were on sale for $.25, thinking that would be more than I would ever need. Now, I need more for craft shows and some individual orders. The best price I have seen is $1.00 at Dollar Tree and this week at Staples. Anyone know of any for less?

Thanks!

Pat
Sorry I can't help with your quest for cheap comp books, but since you've covered so many, I was wondering if you've noticed a HUGE difference in sizes...even the ones that are manufactured by the same company, purchased at the same time from the same store really vary in size and dimension. Some friends and I were working on them this weekend, and I couldn't believe how long it took me to do four, because every book had different dimensions. Seems like I was trimming, cutting, adjusting on every book and it took forever! Am I doing something wrong, or is there a trick to this to speed the process up?

Thx for any help you (or anyone else) can provide!

Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #732  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampnsk8rView Post
Ok...Pics are up in my gallery here from this last weekend.
Lisa: Loved your craft display! I got lots of good ideas as to pricing too! =) On your mini tile magnets, how did you affix your magnets? I made one last winter at CHA and thought it would be a great craft fair idea, but I haven't been able to get the darn thing to stick to a magnet of ANY size! I haven't resorted to a hot glue gun yet, but was wondering what you use. I think they're super cute and practical, but don't want to invest time and $ on these if I can't get the tiles to stick to the magnet!

Thanks for any insight you (or others) might have.....

Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #733  
Insane Embellisher

Maria...great items...I especially loved your tic tac toes. I'm going to put them on my to do list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat55View Post
Lisa: Loved your craft display! I got lots of good ideas as to pricing too! =) On your mini tile magnets, how did you affix your magnets? I made one last winter at CHA and thought it would be a great craft fair idea, but I haven't been able to get the darn thing to stick to a magnet of ANY size! I haven't resorted to a hot glue gun yet, but was wondering what you use. I think they're super cute and practical, but don't want to invest time and $ on these if I can't get the tiles to stick to the magnet!

Thanks for any insight you (or others) might have.....

Kat
Kat...I used E6000 glue. Let it sit for about 2 days to cure. Trust me...that glue will hold together anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #734  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Maria...great items...I especially loved your tic tac toes. I'm going to put them on my to do list.

Kat...I used E6000 glue. Let it sit for about 2 days to cure. Trust me...that glue will hold together anything.

That glue is awesome! And gorilla glue works well too. Make sure you have the tiles separated from one another - one year I made tile/domino magnets, put them on a tray, went to bed and when I got up the magnets had moved closer to each other (they were 'drawn' to each other!) and were really off centered on the tile/domino. I couldn't move them cause the clue had set.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #735  
Inking Addict

LISA: Thanks-they are fun!

MARY: I had the exact same thing happen with the tic tac toe magnets one night-left them to dry and the magnets were so poweful they crept over to one another. :-)

Maria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #736  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLH1966View Post
I am trying to get ready for 2 upcoming shows. I am going to go with some of what sold best for me last year, which are the large wooden clips made into recipe holders and photo holders, tic tac toe games and I sold a bunch of the binder clip calendars too! I also have cards, stamped candles, reindeer and snowman poop, beaded pens, and the circle 3D ornaments from the SU die. I did pretty well with all those things, so I hope they sell again!

I have added some pics of the clips, games and the calendars, just in case anyone is interested! I have 19 of the clips painted now, so just have to work on adding the decorations, etc. Lots to do and not enough time to do it in!

SHARON: I have made some of the fleece flowers too, but wasn't sure what to sell them for either? I need to add the pins to mine yet, and then maybe I will post them and see what others think here.

Maria
you know what - I've always sold those huge clips & never thought to put recipe cards in them. GENIUS!! I am totally grabbing this idea from you. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #737  
Inking Addict

KERRY: Grab away! I get great ideas from here, so wanted to try to return the favors! They get alot of comments when people see them. I also made some into photo holders too. I have attached a pic with some of those in it too. They are laying down on the table, so that's why they look weird. I have sold out of them every time I have them.

I am pretty sure that the binder clip calendars came from this thread (well the old version) last year too. It's awesome to have such great inspiration, and folks to "work" on these things with! Thanks all!

Maria
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-sept-dec-09-061-copy.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #738  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I saw clear clips that otherwise look similar to the ones used for the recipe cards at my local Dollar Tree recently (within the past 3 weeks anyway). The package had 2 clips. I only bought one package to (eventually) try coloring with alcohol inks but attaching paper should be easy enough also.

Has anyone colored plastic with alcohol inks? I think they will need to sprayed with a sealer to prevent peeling but perhaps a brush-on for the clips to make sure the mechanism will still work?

My craft room is still not unpacked so I'm not sure when I'll get to try it but when I do I'll report my results.

Anyway, in case the clear clips are a viable option it sure seems like a bargain price!

ETA: They are called magnetic clips and the UPC is 6 3927726573 9 (but I could not find it on the store's website).

Last edited by TeeGeeDee; 10-12-2010 at 12:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #739  
Rubber Obsessor

Has anyone sold the Advent Calendars at craft shows before?!? I'm wanting to make some but not sure how they would do. I was thinking of doing some like these
Match box Advent Calendar by Clarky J
12 days of Christmas by carriefitch (but as 24 with a divider in the middle of all the matchboxes)
Days til Christmas by beate

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #740  
Rubber Obsessor

My staples said that the legal pads are stapled together and they can't cut through a staple because it will ruin their blade. Boo hoo! They didn't sell any legal pads that weren't stapled. I'll go check at WM to see if their's are stapled. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #741  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Wooden clips

Maria Loved your tic tac toe tins! But where did you get the large wooden clothespins. And how tall are they? I bought some gigantic plastic clips at WM but am taking them back because they were expensive and I can't figure how to alter those and yet price them to sell! Thanks, Maria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #742  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn21404View Post
Has anyone sold the Advent Calendars at craft shows before?!? I'm wanting to make some but not sure how they would do. I was thinking of doing some like these
Match box Advent Calendar by Clarky J
12 days of Christmas by carriefitch (but as 24 with a divider in the middle of all the matchboxes)
Days til Christmas by beate
I did a Santa Clause one last year and it sold great!

Countdown to Christmas by mrsskgilbert - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

DSCN0479_by_mrsskgilbert by mrsskgilbert - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

DSCN0480_by_mrsskgilbert by mrsskgilbert - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #743  
Insane Embellisher

Kat,

I tried 2 Walmarts and they both have the comp books for $1.24. I never thought I would end up making so many, but once I got started the covering process went really quickly. It is the decorating part that takes me forever.

I usually cut my papers 9 3/4" x 6" for the front and back and 9 3/4" x 4" for the binding. I use my ATG gun and line up the papers along the top so that I don't have any excess where the ribbon bookmark is attached. I usually have to trim a little bit around the edges after everything is glued and then I sand the edges.

I wish I could decorate the fronts faster, but I usually spend time cutting out embellishments on my Silhouette or stamping something to go on them. I am excited to be using up lots of my stash of papers!

Here are some pictures of items I have completed so far. The comp books are packaged in cello envelopes, but I didn't have them when I took this picture.

Hope this helps!

Pat

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat55View Post
Sorry I can't help with your quest for cheap comp books, but since you've covered so many, I was wondering if you've noticed a HUGE difference in sizes...even the ones that are manufactured by the same company, purchased at the same time from the same store really vary in size and dimension. Some friends and I were working on them this weekend, and I couldn't believe how long it took me to do four, because every book had different dimensions. Seems like I was trimming, cutting, adjusting on every book and it took forever! Am I doing something wrong, or is there a trick to this to speed the process up?

Thx for any help you (or anyone else) can provide!

Kat
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-craft_show_sample_by_patscrap.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #744  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by loribelle3View Post
I'm a bit perplexed though, because of the 3 big shows we've done this fall, different things have sold well. At one, my paper things--large notebooks, post it's and mailboxes--sold well. At another, my tile magnets did the best. At a third, the tile coasters were the best sellers. It's hard for me to figure out what to focus on. After the first show, I was tempted to not sell the paper products, but now I don't know. Plus, we have some wood crafts that we just didn't have ready for these shows, but we'd like to try. I need focus!!!! Any suggestions?

TIA
Honestly, I think the best thing is to NOT HAVE FOCUS on any one or two items. Because tastes vary by area, if you are doing more than one show, different things will sell.
Plus, I have had people get literally excited by my display of varied items. They say "this is the booth I HAD to come back to see!".

The key is to organize your items nicely and have them looking professional.
I am packaging all my items this year and am very excited at how much nicer they look. If I was a customer, I would pay more for the package, so I think others might too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #745  
Inking Addict

Stampinrealtor: Thanks!! My wooden clips I got at Hobby Lobby when they have the unfinished wood at 40% off, or with a coupon. They are almost 6 inches tall, and almost 1.5 inches wide. With a sale or coupon they are about $1.40 a piece, and I was selling them for $6.50 a piece. You might try an Office Max, I just got Jr legal pads cut over there last week with no trouble!

JENN: I had 2 of the Karen Foster Advent calendars last year and sold them both. I have 2 more of them sitting here to do for this year. I like the matchbook ones too, but doubt I will have time to get any done. Hope they go ok for you!

Pat: Your books look awesome!

Maria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #746  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default TOPPERS

Let's share some ideas for quick bag toppers.

I am always wondering about how to make them without the staples showing. They seem so much nicer, but it is alot more work and cost (paper and adhesive).

Here is one way I used a staple and then avoided people seeing it by covering it up with a scallop punched shape:
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-2009dec-craft-show-items-18-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #747  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post

I am always wondering about how to make them without the staples showing. They seem so much nicer, but it is alot more work and cost (paper and adhesive).

Here is one way I used a staple and then avoided people seeing it by covering it up with a scallop punched shape:
Cute topper, Diane.
I usually put an additional piece of stamped cardstock or DSP to cover the staple, too.
How ironic to read this...I just told my BFF that I have a TON of toppers to make and was describing to her the process of doing it. She's coming over Thursday to help me. BIG SMILE!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #748  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Honestly, I think the best thing is to NOT HAVE FOCUS on any one or two items. Because tastes vary by area, if you are doing more than one show, different things will sell.
Plus, I have had people get literally excited by my display of varied items. They say "this is the booth I HAD to come back to see!".

The key is to organize your items nicely and have them looking professional.
I am packaging all my items this year and am very excited at how much nicer they look. If I was a customer, I would pay more for the package, so I think others might too.
Diane

I would love to see pictures of your set upp if you have any!

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #749  
Compulsive Stamper

Stacey your countdown to christmas is fabulous! I thought I could do it with some mini candy canes I have sat here but then realised I only have 20 - the other 20 in the box were broken when I received them so I got a refund. I'm off to the pound shop later so may look for alternative sweets to do that with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #750  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Kat,

I tried 2 Walmarts and they both have the comp books for $1.24. I never thought I would end up making so many, but once I got started the covering process went really quickly. It is the decorating part that takes me forever.

I usually cut my papers 9 3/4" x 6" for the front and back and 9 3/4" x 4" for the binding. I use my ATG gun and line up the papers along the top so that I don't have any excess where the ribbon bookmark is attached. I usually have to trim a little bit around the edges after everything is glued and then I sand the edges.

I wish I could decorate the fronts faster, but I usually spend time cutting out embellishments on my Silhouette or stamping something to go on them. I am excited to be using up lots of my stash of papers!

Here are some pictures of items I have completed so far. The comp books are packaged in cello envelopes, but I didn't have them when I took this picture.

Hope this helps!

Pat
Wow Pat, your packaging is very nice.... very professional and attractive to the shoppers eye. I love your color choices and the little extras you add to your projects. I want to come to your stand!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 04:31 AM   #751  
Matboard Maniac

FYI - there's an ad for martha stewart crafts for 50% off one item on this page - great deal and it's good until october 30th - passed it on to my friends too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #752  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Ok...Pics are up in my gallery here from this last weekend. meant to post them yesterday...but was just a little worn out. and didn't make it back here. I really had a great time...and if I could find another one this month...I would love to get another booth. I'm going to keep working till I find the right venue. Everything that I didn't sell I'm taking pics and listing on my Etsy store. Hopefully I'll sell lots there too.
Beautifully displayed. Love your tiles. Did you have to seal your tiles after you stamped/colored them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #753  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow! I was gone on vacay for a week and come back to six pages to be read!

Congrats to all that had great sales last weekend, and sorry to all who didn't...but you will get them next time!

My camera is dead so I am unable to take pictures of what I have been working on. I was in Vegas last week and wandered into a WM and found packages of RSVP pens (5 in pkg) for $2.50 something! I thought this was a fantastic price so I bought out what they had! Here in Canada they are $10.99 for 12 so yay! And mint M&M's...those are now in my belly! LOL!

Good luck to those having craft fairs this weekend!

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #754  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnitecreationsView Post
Beautifully displayed. Love your tiles. Did you have to seal your tiles after you stamped/colored them?
I leave my tiles unsealed. I think it absorbs the condensation better that way. I have tiles in my home that I did over a year ago and they are just fine. No ink transfer or anything...I didn't even heat set them. I just stamped with stazon and went on my merry way. For any tiles I colored...I used a sharpie...otherwise...I didn't color. I add felt feet to the bottom and had one flipped over so that they could see the feet. Same thing with the magnets...I just stamped...no sealer. I think they came out very nice.

Quote:

I love to add ribbon to the bag topper over the staple. Just add a tiny bit of adhesive to the back over the staple and add the ribbon putting a knot or bow in the front. Sometimes I just add another die cut over the top. If I'm using a nesties...I just use the next size down...or when using the cricut I find some shape that looks good over the topper and use that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #755  
Insane Embellisher

I have not been using a staple on my bag toppers. I just run my ATG gun around the edges and stick them together over the top of the cello bag. I leave the opening to the bag at the bottom so that the product can be removed, if needed. It seems to work fine.

Pat

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #756  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I have not been using a staple on my bag toppers. I just run my ATG gun around the edges and stick them together over the top of the cello bag. I leave the opening to the bag at the bottom so that the product can be removed, if needed. It seems to work fine.

Pat
Doesn't everything fall out?!?!? ROFL

You must use the bags with self sealing flaps. How do you attach your toppers for bags that don't have the flaps or do you not use them? Just wondering.

Thanks

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #757  
Insane Embellisher

I guess I left out that part. I used the A2 sized cello envelopes with the self-sealing flaps. I just put that at the bottom.

I guess it would be a problem if I used ones that didn't seal!!

Pat

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2girlView Post
Doesn't everything fall out?!?!? ROFL

You must use the bags with self sealing flaps. How do you attach your toppers for bags that don't have the flaps or do you not use them? Just wondering.

Thanks

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #758  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammieTView Post
Ok, I was wondering if anyone know of any place that sells card racks? I know I seen it on here before but can not find now of course when I have the $$....my first craft show has went wel will post pics soon! Thanks to you all for all the help and ideas....xoxoxo's
Glad your first show went well!! What were you best sellers? Looking forward to seeing you pics!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #759  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have our first show this weekend, and I am hoping beyond belief that SOMETHING sells! We did have a lady tell us she wants to buy 30 post-it note holders and that she will be at the show ready to buy them. It would be wonderful if she does, because that will make our booth fee plus a little left over. I did up 10 shopping survival kits and 10 thinking of you gift sets, and they are our most expensive items. The shopping survival is $7.50 and the thinking of you is $8 - both of them, we doubled our cost to get to the price.

Then we have:
Post it note holders in 4 different styles, with pencil
Tissue boxes in 4 styles (everything coordinates)
Magnetic bookmarks
Sour cream containers with some pre-wrapped chocolate (50 cents, trying to draw them into the table)
Snowman Soup
Kids Color Me Card sets (with 24 pack of Crayola crayons)
Reindeer Food
Elf Pillows
Candy Cane Seeds
Rudolph Spare Noses
Jack o Lantern Seeds (candy corn, pre-wrapped)
Christmas Cuties (peppermint patties in the pretzel bag)
Autumn Treats (peppermint patties in pretzel bag)

Everything is bagged and topped or packaged somehow - I have price tents ready so everything is clearly priced. I am also doing 10� decorated suckers as a loss leader type thing. We got a styrofoam cone and we are poking them in all over the cone, I have a big sign that says 10� decorated suckers on it, hoping kids will come over the get a sucker and mom or dad or whoever will stay and SHOP!! I won't make any money on them but they were so quick and easy that it doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #760  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I did not fill any holes. I've been lucky...the tiles that I've been buying at lowes have been very nice. They're in a box so I don't have to worry about getting bad ones as I can just go through all the different boxes. I spent a lot of time going through the boxes just to find the ones I liked. The staff came by and checked on me once in a while...making sure I was finding everything ok. he was a nice guy...actually helped me a little when he was slow. I know you can also get them on ebay...but I don't have a link to where I've found them. Good Luck.
Very nice display and love your banner!!
Reply With Quote Likes