Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #121  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SUE!!! Your gorgeous card arrived today! My daughter was so excited I got a card from Australia. She took my magnet too! Thank you for that! I'm sending you a pm to make sure you know I received it in perfect condition.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Eeek a mouse in a teacup!
Kokirose's card & goodies arrived today. Thank you

Forum Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I received my gorgeous tickle from Connie/Stamp 300 today, along with some stamping goodies. Thanks so much -- I PM'd a note as well.
Teapot Tuesday participant

Pearl-ExPert

Oh Marie - momof5sons, your tickler tickled me pink!! giggle, giggle! Thank you so much for the beautiful card, your lovely note and kind words and my goodies! Your kindness warmed my heart. Hugs to you!

Here is Marie's lovely card!
FS324 and Tuesday Teapotter
Life is about choices. Choose to live each day to its fullest.
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinlynnView Post
Cindy, I received your fabulous card a couple weeks ago and kept forgetting to let you know. I was so impressed with all the work you did on the card, it's so beautifully done and detailed!! I have never seen a handmade card with sewing on it (in person). I can barely sew a button on and don't own a sewing machine but the stitching was so impressive, I might have to put that on my "learn to do" list one day. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.
You are most welcome girlfriend! Thanks for the kind words...tee hee. I am glad you received it...You're welcome, You're Welcome and You're Welcome Again!
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my goodness... I got the cutest tickle in the mail today! Susie, your card is just adorable! Love the vintage apron... it reminds me of one my Mom had, although, truth be known, hers would have had Kleenex sticking out of the pocket instead of a bit of lace.

Thank you so much... I LOVE it!

hugs,
Hilda
Proud Fan Club Member
Proud MMTPTCC Member
Gabfest Goddess

I just got back from my dog walk down to the mailbox and guess what I received in todays mail....a gorgeous card from Amy (fairsinger). Thanks so much, your card is so beautifully crafted and I love the sunflower images and chocolate sentiment.
Cheers, Elizabeth
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart hey THank you so much

I got my tickle from my friend Sabrina...Sucha darling little round t-pot card...and with such sweet treats inside..I even brought it to work with me to open it on my break and to show my friends there...I was sooo excited..they think its so neat we still make and send old fashioned cards as I call it and all theway from Ireland....wow...Thank you so much...Sabrina...very well LOVED, and so made my day...:0)
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that all the teapotters addresses are out, don't be surprised if one of you gets a surprise from another teapotter. hee hee!

oh Connie...that's the funnest part of it all....surprises....everyone loves happy mail once in awhile
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by KsnurseView Post
oh Connie...that's the funnest part of it all....surprises....everyone loves happy mail once in awhile
Agreed!
Stazon Splitcoast

I sent my tickle off to Australia over 2 weeks ago, it must have gotten on a slow boat, as there's been nothing from down under. I'll give it until the 25th, that will be 3 weeks, then I'll send a pm asking directly.

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer

Oh my Elizabeth....I got your beautiful poodle in a teacup yest...just makes me smile all over...and a HUUUUUGE thx for all the little goodies you included...the teacup stamp is precious.. and the doilies, wow....they are wonderful. so dainty and frilly. you're the best.

Oh dear Jennifer. I hope the post didn't lose it. Sabrina had a prob with that last yr for awhile and it is so frustrating. hopefully the slow boat will pull in soon.
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Oh my Elizabeth....I got your beautiful poodle in a teacup yest...just makes me smile all over...and a HUUUUUGE thx for all the little goodies you included...the teacup stamp is precious.. and the doilies, wow....they are wonderful. so dainty and frilly. you're the best.
You are very welcome Sheri. As to the 3 weeks mailing time to Australia: all teapotters should be aware there is no rhyme or reason to international mailing times. I have sent things from Canada to US and sometimes it's there in 5 days and sometimes 2 weeks. If you haven't received your tickle card it is quite probably coming from another country. I find if the card I send has a bulky flower on it, it takes longer.....making me wonder if customs has suspicions about the contents.
Stazon Splitcoast

As crazy as the US Postal System is, I know that once it's out of the country, arrival times in other countries can be crazier. I know that it's taken 2 weeks for a card to get to Northern Ireland, I've mailed to Australia before, but it wasn't a tickle. If the package is lumpy bumpy, the PO I use will make me fill out a customs form. Thus the reason I mailed Gypsy and Sol's Easter cards last week. And maybe the Teapotter gets her mail via a dingo or kangaroo! hahaha
I'm not worried yet, just inquiring.

Jennifer
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother's daughterView Post
As crazy as the US Postal System is, I know that once it's out of the country, arrival times in other countries can be crazier. I know that it's taken 2 weeks for a card to get to Northern Ireland, I've mailed to Australia before, but it wasn't a tickle. If the package is lumpy bumpy, the PO I use will make me fill out a customs form. Thus the reason I mailed Gypsy and Sol's Easter cards last week. And maybe the Teapotter gets her mail via a dingo or kangaroo! hahaha
I'm not worried yet, just inquiring.
I like that image of the dingo running around with your card yelling "The dingo's got your tickle, the dingo's got your tickle."
Stazon Splitcoast

Default hey cindy

Hey my friend....how is it going?
I just embrarrassingly ....well I havent heard if my tickler got her tickle yet. I know it will take longer being a different country, so wanted to ask my tickler if she did get it, but I erased her name in my messages and cant find the address I had written down, and a few times I went through the gallery to remember and now the names are all getting mixed up...so to make a long story shorter...lol....do you keep a file from the previous times, of who got who...this was the tickler 239 or end of Feb...And whomever I got I apolagize....now If I saw your face.....;0)....I am so much better with them then names.( ha-ha...well I really am tho...lol)
If you have this let me knwo so I can send a message to see if she got it.
have a great day and tyvm...:0)
We as people are raindrops of colorful ink , falling down Crisp and Clear, each a different shade more vibrant then the last, but once we realize at the bottom of an endless abyss we all fall into the same inkpot forming one color, only then can we come together as one My son.
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendy2512View Post
Hey my friend....how is it going?
I just embrarrassingly ....well I havent heard if my tickler got her tickle yet. I know it will take longer being a different country, so wanted to ask my tickler if she did get it, but I erased her name in my messages and cant find the address I had written down, and a few times I went through the gallery to remember and now the names are all getting mixed up...so to make a long story shorter...lol....do you keep a file from the previous times, of who got who...this was the tickler 239 or end of Feb...And whomever I got I apolagize....now If I saw your face.....;0)....I am so much better with them then names.( ha-ha...well I really am tho...lol)
If you have this let me knwo so I can send a message to see if she got it.
have a great day and tyvm...:0)
Hi there Wanda Wendy! Whew..I am so glad other teapotters get themselves confused like I do! Giggle! No worries....however, i am not able to help you. The last time I did the drawing for Tickle a Teapotter was in December as Sabrina (cook22) has taken over that responsibility. Please do send her a pm and she will be able to help you I think. I hope that she has kept the list and if she didn't, then it's my fault in not letting her know that keeping the list each month comes in handy....so hopefully, she will be able to tell you.

Hugs to you.....
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

My tickle tea potter never got hers either, cook22 is keeping eye out to see if she gets it and if not will make another for her. I always put my return address on it and has never came back to me so may be making another. I toooooooo felt bad as I get excited when we do this and love finding all sorts of goodies in my tickle card. We have a great group here and an even better group who do all the work for us out of their busy days.
DonnaJeanne
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,065 Likes on 820 Posts

I've pm-ed you back, Wendy.
And Donna, your tickle will let me know at the end of this week if it still hasn't arrived. Boo, I hate missing post. But, I posted two packages to the States on the same morning a couple of weeks back, and one took 5 days longer to arrive!!
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Sabrina thanks for doing this and if she does not get will need address for her or full scs name to look her up, have a card started just in case. Yes, snail mail can be a wonder sometimes.
Stazon Splitcoast

Being a former Postal employee, I know a little about the workings... They actually have a stamp that they use, that says, "found in supposedly empty equipment". Since my tickle hasn't made it to Australia yet, I'm thinking it's in a supposedly empty kangaroo pouch!

Once again, the machines that sort the mail can and do pick up two pieces at a time, if that happens, the back piece will go with the top one. Our postal service does forwards and change of addresses on the same type of machine, so if this top piece is a forward, the back piece may be sent to Timbukto!
Also very important to note, the USPS does very little by hand these days. If your piece is non machineable, aka lumpy bumpy, and it's in an envelope and it's a letter it will take longer. If it's a parcel, it will go a whole lot faster. More often than not, I'll use a padded envelope, as it will go faster, than in a envelope that is lumpy bumpy.
The processing center where I worked, no longer does the outgoing mail. The bad addresses and such all get done in a different area and they DO NOT CARE about the bad addresses. It is not cost effective.
I loved my job, but when they kept taking the human element out of the equation, it just kept getting worse. I may not have sorted the letters at the same rate, but I was a heck of a lot more reliable! Remember, the machine cannot think, they just react.

Now if that kangaroo would just dig a little deeper into it's pouch, Sue28 might get her tickle!

Jennifer

Last edited by mother's daughter; 03-27-2013 at 02:24 PM..
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

We have good news on one front - DonnaJeanne's card finally rolled in after all this time.
Here's hoping Wendy's does too.

thx about the info of envie vs. padded mailer Jennifer...I've had surprisingly good luck in mailing but I know that things are bound to change. esp with the new cuts...
Stazon Splitcoast

I've decided that I'm going to send out another card to Sue in Australia. It won't be the same thing, but it will be an embroidered piece.
I hope that kangaroo or dingo doesn't chew up the paper and get the thread caught in it's intestines! At least it will also get the fiber from the cardstock!

Jennifer
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 190 Likes on 127 Posts

HAHA - I'm yet to see a kangaroo or a dingo around the streets of metropolitan Sydney!!!! I just think perhaps my tickle is having a holiday around the globe somewhere before it gets to Sydney. Very sweet of you to send me another though. I look forward to receiving it

QFTD143
FS420
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mother's daughterView Post
I've decided that I'm going to send out another card to Sue in Australia. It won't be the same thing, but it will be an embroidered piece.
I hope that kangaroo or dingo doesn't chew up the paper and get the thread caught in it's intestines! At least it will also get the fiber from the cardstock!
One of your embroidered pieces will be a real treat!
Stazon Splitcoast

Whoo hoo!! Sue (sue2 finally got her tickle from MMTPT239!!! That only took 4 weeks. Plus, there's a back up tickle on the way! I am relieved that the first one made it! I know it went airmail, but it must have gone around the world or on a country tour before getting to Sue!

Jennifer
Stazon Splitcoast

A side thought to this. I had a friend who went to New Zealand and Australia on a month cruise a couple of months ago. She send Valentine EMAIL to about 8 of us on February 11th and we got it on February 26! an EMAIL!!! We can't figure out where that one went!

CCC, MMTPT, QFTD156, Cards for a Cause

Rita/scootsv

cyber globe trotting!!!! LOL!! that is weird for sure
Stazon Splitcoast

Default yah

Yah my card DID get in too, just a bit of mix up... so all is well here yahoo...for all around....take care all..:0)
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 190 Likes on 127 Posts

Just wanted to say how delighted I am to receive my beautiful card from Jennifer finally!! It was SO worth the wait - not only is her easel card gorgeous but I loved the extra goodies inside too!! Jennifer's beautiful embroidery looks even better IRL!!!

Sue

QFTD143
FS420

Well, when the recipient of my card gets it...hopefully she will post pic since I was such a lamebrain that I forgot to take a pic before putting in the mail....HAHAHAHAAHAHA....
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
You know I love RED

Received 750 Likes on 359 Posts

thanks Connie (stamp300) for my card......and teabag folder! What a fun treat. I wanted you to know how cute your card is IRL!! Thanks so much...and I was sure tickled!!
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Well, when the recipient of my card gets it...hopefully she will post pic since I was such a lamebrain that I forgot to take a pic before putting in the mail....HAHAHAHAAHAHA....
ROTFL - what will you be like if your team gets any further!!
Gallery Gazer

I got my card from Precious Kitty (aka Jan) today. It's just beautiful! Thanks so much!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
ROTFL - what will you be like if your team gets any further!!
certifiable!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Posting everywhere to let Mary (octoberbabe) know that I got my tickle card with the bicycling cow and chickens on it - it is awesome - Thanks so much, Mary!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Roberta, aka stampin' nana
Your lovely proud rooster flew in today. Thank you for the goodies. I don't have that set so it will be fun to get my creativity inspired.