Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2018, 07:03 AM   #1961  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 517 Likes on 287 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Good morning, ladies.

Catherine, our tax schedule is the same as yours. We never get anything back. With all the medical stuff this year, the benefit was we just didn�t have to pay as much!
Another day of coughing and holding the rib cage, and what a headache I have. This weather is killing sinuses.

My dermatologist�s medical secretary said Humana didn�t have the Otezla on their formulary list, but they had Cosentryx and Embrele (or whatever the name is). I was filing papers the other day and saw Cosentryx had already been denied earlier. Sheesh, even the doctors office can�t keep track. DH said we might have to bite the bullet and just find a way to fork out a grand a month for medication. I sure don�t see where he thinks that money will come from, but he seems to think it can be done.

Catherine, me, naughty? You should say that to Pat! SHE�s the one who is inventing all these marvelous recipes out of a cup and a box of cake mix!!!

I put in my order for SU. I was a tiny bit short of the 300 for demos, so it wasn�t a bit order at all. Just multiple of two items. Does anyone buy those strips of dimensional tape and the fine-tip glue? Oh my! I bought several of each. LOVE those!

Today�s weather is ridiculous. Record cold now, up to 40s, rain, then the temp dropping again and rain turning to snow. I bet the stores are doing a brisk business in sinus medication.

I had the idea to make a regular suitcase out of a tin and make a teeny overnight case or jewelry case out of one of those mini tins but I�m not sure if even my magnifying glasses could help me see with something that small. I should have taken a photo of my fingers after yesterday�s product. Multiple layers of inks AND glues, because I couldn�t get anything to stick, so I was trying every adhesive I had. It�s a wonder the craft area didn�t explode from all the mixed adhesives.

I guess I�d better go get ready to drop the fur ball off at the groomers. Be back in a bit.
Coming up with ideas is my JOB around here! You all holler my name when you need ideas- now you blame me for having them??? Ha! Unfair. (BTW- that yellow cake with the smucker's seedless red raspberry jam and sour cream with brown sugar drizzle is hard to resist!)

As to taxes- I only wish we could just simply file by April and be done. You guys have NO IDEA how complicated it gets when you have assets not in the USA. Not to mention finding a tax person who has the experience and correct information to help you. We've paid three grand to one guy one year to do our taxes, and he didn't even get it all right! The entity in Malta, where DH's British pension money is invested, doesn't ever bother with getting us the forms we need by the deadline. We always have to file extensions. They just plain don't care! They know what the US deadline is. Can't bother to fill out a form and send it by that date. I think it's them giving the finger to the US.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 07:09 AM   #1962  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawaiianView Post
Speaking of enabler alert and dies I really needed some of those ones most of you got but it�s always sold out by the time I got the funds to ...Sis Smarty Pants you enabler!!
What did I do NOW???

I agree that my SU order was a whopper, but how often do I do it? And it made sense to push my party total as hostess up to get higher benefits & a half off item. (The rest of the year, I don't even put in an order!) Besides, I knew I had cash coming in last week from the commission cards. C'mon! I got $63 in free stuff, and $18.50 off a stamp set!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 08:28 AM   #1963  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,335 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Good morning! It is a sad morning here because the girls left for their week long high school trip. I'm going to miss them. They weren't looking forward to going, I've been trying to encourage them to be positive and have fun. I'm sure they'll have a good time. They get to go to Yosemite, Santa Cruz, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium to name the highlight destinations. It will be fun...but I will miss them.

Kandie - I haven't tried the strips of dimensional tape or the fine tip glue. I'll have to look at those. Our fur ball needs a grooming appointment, she is way overdue.

Pat - you are right, I have no idea how much it further complicates things by having assets outside the states. What a headache that sounds like...and expensive in finding a competent tax preparer. Someone I was talking to yesterday was telling me about their tax experience and my bottom line to them was they needed a new tax preparer.

Well, I'm running late getting ready for work because I stayed at the school for a while with the girls before leaving so I'd better get off here and head to work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #1964  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,951 Likes on 2,208 Posts

Thanks enabler Vickster! I just put a order in for clearance rack stuff! And, demo put it in with her demo order so it cost me less with tax and shipping than the product total would have been!

Five packs of DSP and some of those treat tubes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #1965  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

We seem to have several enablers in this group!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 02:38 PM   #1966  
Proud Fan Club Member

I stopped at HL after the dr appointment and was very pleasantly surprised. There may be less room for paper crafts, but it�s all put close together nicely, no wasted space, and there are a lot of new items in the categories tthat were kept. Sizzix has some new embossing folders and dies, and they were actually decently priced.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 9 ~ Feb 14 - Aug 15, 2018-image.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #1967  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,065 Likes on 1,561 Posts

DH and I took 4 car loads over to our new place yesterday, and our friends took a pickup and mini van full over. Today we took two more car loads. Tomorrow, we will take the pantry stuff and spices, etc. and more of our clothes. Then maybe one more load of extra things laying around, Monday, movers come for the furniture and heavy stuff. I am wondering what they will think of getting those two wooden cabinet bank of Drawers bases full of stamps out of the basement!! And I packed two large boxes of supplies for them to move too.

Yesterday, our friends 9 and 11 year old grandsons did a lot of our leg work! They were amazing workers! They carried all my plastic iris cases up from basement and those three drawer plastic containers full of 12x12paper and embellishments, and unloaded at the other end!! Our friends kept saying to us, more, more, more! I really learned how to stuff a car! I am so thankful for their help! There are just things that it is too much trouble to pack and tape up in boxes! We took all our lamps, fans, car, large mixer, larger Knick knacks. And all my plastic craft cabinets on rollars. I put as much of the plastic cases and tools in the closet for now. When the movers move in my 6’ & my 7’cabinets, then I can figure out where to put it all!

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts, as we make this move. We feel every year of our ages of 72 & 74! We were tired, but God is giving g us the strength to get it done!

4 more nights in this house!i hope the new people know they are getting a wonderful home!
Scrapbook Goal: 2024: 14/60 as of 03/31/24

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #1968  
Proud Fan Club Member

Maintained by wonderful people, Sharon.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #1969  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,228 Likes on 1,852 Posts

No money either to buy stuff!! We always have to pay in to both Federal and State!!

I do the taxes with my youngest son! We check each other and then go over them again together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 03:53 PM   #1970  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 60 Likes on 15 Posts

Richard is such a sweetie sis Ann!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #1971  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I stopped at HL after the dr appointment and was very pleasantly surprised. There may be less room for paper crafts, but it’s all put close together nicely, no wasted space, and there are a lot of new items in the categories tthat were kept. Sizzix has some new embossing folders and dies, and they were actually decently priced.
*giggles ...isn’t enabling a joyful thing? Part of enabling joy is .. if we can’t get them it’s so endearing 2 share the bargain and watch a so loved one acquire them and at least get the bargain
Awesome find on the ef
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #1972  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Thanks enabler Vickster! I just put a order in for clearance rack stuff! And, demo put it in with her demo order so it cost me less with tax and shipping than the product total would have been!

Five packs of DSP and some of those treat tubes!
* giggles my sweet sis Kathy. Your very welcomed. Hope you left me some ! The price is so yummy . It�s hard not to and many are gorgeous DSP that went to the rack . 3 are among my fav the daisy being my fav of all!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #1973  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

One of the categories for the April to June ATC swap is recycle. I saw this on Pinterest and thought I can do this! Recycling stones out of the yard to make pictures! There are a bunch of small flat stones in the driveway (I looked before I left for the doctor)!
So creative and adorable! Magnificently done!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #1974  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised at HL, Kandie! And I was happy to find an envelope from you in my mailbox today. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sharon - I wish I lived closer so that I could help you move. DH and I know how exhausting it is and DH is a phenomenal packer, he could be a professional...not that he has ANY desire to be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 06:43 PM   #1975  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,129 Likes on 972 Posts

I just shoveled... again! The snow is mostly done and I really wanted to get it done tonight before it totally froze all the wet stuff underneath. There is one side at the bottom (maybe about 6-8') that I didn't finish last time and so didn't touch it tonight either. It's where the plow throws the snow from the road and it was so hard and crusty, I gave up. I did the other half so I can get out and my class ladies can get in tomorrow morning.

The Sunday dinner with my kids got postponed because of the first storm, and because we were expecting more today, we went out last night. It was yummy and my son paid - so sweet of him.

I put in a small SU order last night for retiring card stock and ink refills in turquoise and tangerine. I always just email my order to my demo and she adds it to whatever she has going in. Then I pay her when I pick it up.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 PM   #1976  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

More good exercise for you, Melody....yay....right?!

I do need to review the retiring card stock colors and see what I need to do...hopefully not much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #1977  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, Catherine. Lots of steps. I may have to go over it again in the morning, but it won't be as much or as heavy.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 03:20 AM   #1978  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. (Yawn). Dusty got me up at 2.30 to go number 1 outside, and a quarter to 6 to go number 2 outside. Now she’s asleep next to me, I’m drinking coffee, and I so want to sleep some more. Going to take more than two cups of coffee to keep me awake today, that’s for sure.

My dermatologist is SUCH a nice man. We had a good long talk. I told him one of the lotions he advised me to buy made my skin burn when I put it on, turned the rash red, and made my skin hot. He told me I had developed a reaction to one of the ingredients and stop using it. Two full bottles sitting on my dresser, $22 each. What is with this body, at this age, having all these strange reactions to stuff? And the steroid cream, when used on a large area of my body, like my legs, is causing what he called steroid psychosis. I have imagined arguments in my head with people I don’t know. He said, what do you do when that happens? I said, I tell myself to stop and and then go read a book! I had the same reaction when my family doctor put me on steroids for an infection last year. So weird (I am). So, more notes in my file. No more of that lotion. No more steroid creams.

So... he’s still trying to get approval for another drug, and I’m loading up on homeopathic remedies to see if they will help. Ick. I hate taking pills.

But I’m always happy after a visit because he’s just so darn NICE. And may I also add, he’s a cutie, too!!! If I were 20 (or more) years younger... sigh.

Did anyone see on the news yesterday a weatherman was arrested for stealing spring? It was so funny! The officer actually came in and handcuffed him on camera! What a fun prank because of the lousy weather we’ve had around here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 04:54 AM   #1979  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. Bright sunshine this morning. The snow is so pretty on the trees. I will have to go out and clear where the plow deposited, but I think the sun will take care of the rest, because I shoveled last night. Ladies get here at about 10:00. Supposed to have a high of 43 today. Melt snow, melt, melt, melt...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 05:27 AM   #1980  
Proud Fan Club Member

We have a weatherman I'd like arrested too, but just because he's so obnoxious. People either love him or hate him. There's no in between with this guy. He uses weird graphics on the map to indicate weather patterns (like someone's leg and as it moves it kicks the storm out.) I'm a fun person just as much as the next guy, but I just can't watch this guy so I let those who love him have his reports in the morning and i watch the weather reports in the evening.

I slept in but would have tried to sleep longer. My doctors office called to reschedule my July appt because doc won't be in that day. We have had this doctor for 18 years now. Why is it he still looks like doogie houser and I look like an old wrinkled pruin? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 05:59 AM   #1981  
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL, Kathy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 06:00 AM   #1982  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Melody!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 06:12 AM   #1983  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, that's pretty funny about the weatherman.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 06:31 AM   #1984  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi a melody! Hope all your ladies make it and you have a great class!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #1985  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm up and running!! Well maybe not so fast today!! Was up to use the restroom at 1:30 A.M., 4:30 A.M. and 7 A.M.! Short night!! I think I will need a nap today!

Melody, have fun with all the ladies, hope they all got to your house with the melting snow!

Kathy, is there a different station to watch in the morning for weather? I don't turn on a tv very much usually look online for the forecast or my phone.

Kandie, health issues suck!! No double about it! My youngest keeps saying why did he have to get all of my allergies as he is running for the bathroom! Being allergic to dairy is hard! It's in everything! I feel your pain Kandie as do my two youngest kids. Skin problems all the time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 08:33 AM   #1986  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning!

Kandie - that is funny about the weatherman, nice that they are making it fun since the weather isn't! As for your health issues, I'm glad your doctor is so pleasant...bright spot in the process, right?

Melody - your class is probably done or almost done by now. I hope it was a fun class, I'm sure it was.

Kathy - so Doogie Howser is your doctor?! LOL Since I don't have TV anymore, I don't have any issues with local weathermen. It sounds like you have quite a character there locally though.

Ann - my question is, will you actually take a nap? I know you need one but will you actually slow down and take one?

The girls survived the first day of their school trip. They went to a fun historical park (we've been there with them before) where DD2 was able to have a sarsaparilla which she loves. We spoke to them last night. Today they are in Yosemite.

I'm off to work. I hope everyone has a marvelous day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 08:47 AM   #1987  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Probably not, Catherine!! I am not the napping type unless sick and even then it is hard for me to do!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #1988  
Watercolor Wizard

I know Hawaiian saw this, but I thought I'd bring it up here, to spread the word:

90 Cards For Geri

90 Cards for Gerry by jcg at Splitcoaststampers

I'm sending a card. Anybody else able to do so?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #1989  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,182 Likes on 513 Posts

Hello everyone,
How is everyone we just find that dear friend has cancer. And he only in 20's I am tied of this and I am about ready to get up on my wanted dreams. It seem the only thing happy this days are make cards. I don't how long that last? I am scary and tried been a lone and no one talk too. I need to someone that's been where I am. our pastor is new pastoring or don't handle handicapped people. Or even cancer. He get more wisdom as time goes by. But, I don't were to turn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #1990  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 330 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
I know Hawaiian saw this, but I thought I'd bring it up here, to spread the word:

90 Cards For Geri

I'll put one in the mail tomorrow!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 04:01 PM   #1991  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann - that is exactly what I thought (about you and napping, that is). You are always such a busy person.

Pat - thanks for sharing that link. I have a lot of things to mail tomorrow and I'll add a birthday card to the list.

Sally - I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you are doing and here you are. Glad you popped in! Thanks for the love on my card.

Linda - sending you hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #1992  
Stazon Splitcoast

snap Kathy do you have ink weekly? I delete mine today is not my day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #1993  
Stazon Splitcoast

never mind Kathy I found it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #1994  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 330 Likes on 130 Posts

Hello Ladies,
Yes, I have been MIA. I have spent the last 2 weeks or so in Dallas, TX (10 hour road trip) selling a 4 level (story) townhouse and helping my daughter and granddaughter move into a two-bedroom apartment. Oh my, I am just not as young as I used to be. What a silly thing to say, none of us are as young as we used to be LOL! I mean we age daily and feel it even more often, like constantly. Anyway, to get back on track...the time to sell was now, and my daughter was tired of battling the traffic to work in the morning. If you have ever seen a pic of Dallas and their freeways, they always show the high five (Freeways galore going in every direction), which is what she had to battle everyday. 20 miles to work and back. Now she is one half mile from her work and about 2 miles from her daughter's school. Yeah! So, I had to help them pack and move. Then clean up the house and help them unpack a bit. I made my way back on Sunday, but I am still trying to catch up with things that I have missed. I am behind on challenges and news. I began to try to comment a bit today, but it is going to take a while. I have missed all of you and the wonderful daily chatter. I hope everyone is doing well. My doctor's appointments are lining up again, as well as my Mom's. Well, I wanted to travel when I retired, I just didn't know it was going to be to the doctors' offices and back only.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #1995  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sally - That is SO much nicer for your daughter, how wonderful to not have to fight through so much traffic every day. I'm sure you are tired from helping with all that physical labor. Hmmm, it sounds like you need to expand your travel plans!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #1996  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I suppose I should quit procrastinating, get off the computer, and go do some house work. I went to bed too late last night so I really just want to nap....like Honey!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #1997  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night all!! And no I did not nap so off to bed early!! Jack day tomorrow!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 07:56 PM   #1998  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams, Ann!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2018, 10:53 PM   #1999  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post

90 Cards For Geri

Sure did and card is on its way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2018, 03:47 AM   #2000  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, my friends.

Ann, did you rest last night?

Sally, welcome back! So glad your daughter is now so close to work and schools. I used to work in the next city, really only 15 miles away, but it was on the main drag, and that city is home to the Indiana RV industry which employs thousands of people. So... my 15 miles took 45 minutes every morning, and in bad weather, an hour and a half. I sympathize with your daughter! I imagine you are beat after all the moving and the drive home as well. I hope you have a few days to rest up.

Catherine, so glad the girls checked in. I know you miss them. Your home must be very quiet. Craft time?

Linda, if we all check our circle of family and friends, somewhere in that mix someone is struggling with an illness or a bad situation, and we don’t always know about it. Hugs to you, dear lady, stay strong. PS. Why did the church send such a young pastor? Nowadays one with more experience would seem more suitable.

I went with DH to the store, and to drop off a library book and to mail Carlene’s package. We rented Jumanji with Dwayne Johnson also. I wasn’t too swift to see a new version, Robin Williams being one of my all-time favorites especially in the original, but the movie had been updated to the present times, and it was FUNNY. Even DH laughed, which is amazing. How many of you have seen it? I also rented Justice League with my favorite comic book characters played by real people. DH gave me that hand wiggle that says, not really interested in that one, so I’ll watch it on my little DVD player while he watches his game shows.

I think I’m getting better. Hard to tell. By the time we got home yesterday my throat and ears hurt again.

I have to go with him to finish up the first estate sale setup tomorrow because the sale is next weekend! There is a necklace I want to buy. I’m going to wear it while I help DH finish up, because since my neck surgery a lot of things bother my neck badly, including some necklace clasps. If the necklace feels ok, then I want to buy it at the sale!!! The earrings that match it are pierced, so I don’t think the set is vintage, but the necklace is a lovely vintage design with clear and pink rhinestones in a lovely delicate pattern. So beautiful!

Reply With Quote Likes