Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2023, 05:19 PM   #801  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,396 Likes on 1,171 Posts

DIL told them it was our birthdays so they gave us this, fudge brownies
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-img_0295.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (11-07-2023), jkanack (11-07-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), mcschmidty (11-07-2023), smadson (11-07-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 05:21 PM   #802  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,939 Likes on 2,203 Posts

Jan, I was reading your first post about the car and I saw a boat or ferry out on the water and thought that isn't a car! Then I came back and saw your other two posts! So now I understand why she thought the car should be yours!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (11-07-2023), jan31 (11-06-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), mcschmidty (11-07-2023)
Old 11-07-2023, 05:55 AM   #803  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,796 Likes on 1,625 Posts

Happy Tuesday, everyone. Any one have elections today? Not here. I don't know if I'll ever work elections again...too stressful these days.
I had a lovely weekend with my sister. She arrived about 330 Friday, we went out for a walleye fish fry. I was told it was the best in town...not so much, at least not for me. The breading was very strange, cole slaw had no flavor, gave us a white dinner roll (where is the rye bread????), provided no butter, I asked for it, they brought me melted butter. Huh?? And it was expensive and I treated. Soooo not going back there for fish.
Jan, I imagine that in many ways, you are St. Jan. Funny. Glad everyone was sort of well enough to enjoy dinner. A bubbly chest sounds icky. And that plate of brownies was so cute.
Catherine, can't imagine liquids for a week. Well done you!!!!!
Ann, yesterday started out very lovely here too, but yes the wind picked up. I can see west from my kitchen window and it looked stormy by late afternoon. But it never rained. Scott and Dave worked on my siding all day yesterday. Only one side of the house is complete, except for the soffit and facia. But it's getting there. This house has lots of little jogs and small areas, so it's putzy. I guess they'll work this coming weekend too. Maybe it will get done. I hope I hope.
I've had progressive lenses for years, since around age 40. I too take off my glasses to read. I think I will see Scott's Dad for my next eye exam...maybe he can say to me definitively whether it's time for cataract removal. He's the one who first told me I had one, back in 2005.
I'm so happy the Packers won on Sunday for Liz and Scott. Liz just loved being at Lambeau, first time for a game. Back when the Packers won the SB with Brett Favre, we went to the welcome home parade/party and froze our butts off waiting for the team to arrive. Liz was in high school, Joe in middle school, they still talk about how cold they were. I still remember getting some paint for snow and going outside with Joe and painting a big G on our front yard in the snow. Fun times.
Not much going on today. I have another haircut tomorrow, then Thursday head up north. Not sure how long I'll stay. They want me to come for Thanksgiving, but that's only two weeks away from Thursday and I don't want to come home and then drive back up. I'm going on Thursday to celebrate Dad's, Mom's and Bill's birthday, which were all within 8 days of each other. Mom was still in the hospital for her birthday when Bill was born. My brother John does a cleansing ceremony for them and I haven't attended in a long time.
Have a great day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (11-07-2023), jan31 (11-07-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-07-2023, 05:58 AM   #804  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,129 Likes on 972 Posts

Good morning. Thought y'all might appreciate this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-scale-setting.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (11-07-2023), jan31 (11-07-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), mcschmidty (11-13-2023), muscrat (11-07-2023)
Old 11-07-2023, 06:15 AM   #805  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,221 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Morning!!

Melody, that was too funny!! I hate the time change! The dogs do not like it either, they can't figure out bedtime now!

Jan, what great scenery you have there and such fun times with your family! Love the St. Jan!

Lynn's Christmas card came back to me today. So if any of you are mailing cards wait to address her's till I get a new address. She must have moved since her birthday, since I do not remember her birthday card coming back, unless it is lost in the mail all these months!

Have a good day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (11-07-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-07-2023, 08:23 AM   #806  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,393 Posts

Good morning! It was pouring rain yesterday and so lovely! Today, I see sunshine out there but it isn't very warm. I talked to DD1 for an hour and a half last night. She called and needed to talk. DD2 was already in bed because she got up at 2:50 am to get ready for work and DH was gone to a board meeting, so DD1 and I just chatted. It was lovely.

LOL, Kathy, it doesn't work as well if you hide them yourself! I'm glad you and Ann like those, they don't appeal to me at all. My mom always liked the Queen Anne chocolate covered cherries but I didn't see the attraction myself. Isn't it wonderful how we all such different tastes?

Ann, it was very lovely of my friend to give DD2 the teacup, it made her day!

What a beautiful view from the restaurant, Jan, and love the birthday brownie plate. And what a wonderful compliment from your DIL.

Jean, yay for more siding getting done. It seems to be a tedious job and if the house has lots of jigs and jogs, all the more complicated. Personally, I'd prefer a white dinner roll to rye bread, DH would prefer the rye so I'm back to isn't it wonderful we all have different tastes? Enjoy your time up north with your family.

That's a good one, Melody!

I'm with you, Ann, I hate the time change and yes, it is hard on pets. I think in CA we voted to stop doing it but here we are, still doing it!

Oops, there goes my alarm, have a marvelous day, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-07-2023, 11:58 AM   #807  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder:

This week's letter is W and the color theme is wine!

Kewords: ABC19W23, ABC19 and your personal keyword!

Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2023, 01:44 PM   #808  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, I have my glasses in my lap as I write this! My doctor said my cataracts are getting worse and not ready to be removed yet. She said I would know when I was ready because I would definitely be having a lot of trouble seeing. I don't have an appointment for another year now so maybe next year will be the year.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (11-08-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-08-2023, 04:29 AM   #809  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I have my glasses off as I'm typing this. I have yet to have an optometrist tell me that my cataracts are getting worse. I can't believe that the one in my good eye isn't affecting me, since I've had it for 23 years, but that eye is used to adapting. I do feel that my new glasses have helped but I still don't know how I will know for sure it's time. Supposedly everything starts to look yellow but if it's gradual, who is to say that won't look normal? Come on, docs, be definitive!
Melody, old scales for sure could be adjusted to go back 10 lbs...doubt my digital can do that. Darn technology.
Catherine, traditionally rye bread goes with a fish fry. Culver's puts in a roll, which is weird since they're a WI company. Fish fry is popular in Wisconsin because of needing to avoid meat on Fridays a generation ago. Still so during Lent. I love any kind of rye bread, especially if there is chunky salt on the top. Very German.
So they're getting weather up north and I'm driving there tomorrow. Of course.....the weather gods know I'm coming. This year I'm prepared with better boots.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (11-08-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), mcschmidty (11-08-2023)
Old 11-08-2023, 08:15 AM   #810  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Today it is sunny and cool (some, not me, would say cold). We had board meeting last night preceded by a meeting DH had to attend so I was there an hour early waiting for board meeting time. DD2 was asleep by the time we got home (just before 9 pm) because she had to be at work early, though not 4:30 like yesterday! She is so disciplined about allotting her sleep hours, I'm impressed. She got sad news yesterday at work. One of her favorite co-workers, who had left working there but came back and works on DD2's team, is leaving again. Only this time they are moving to Reno because her DH got a job there. DD2 is. so sad to lose her knowing that this time she is moving so there really isn't a possibility she'll come back. I'm sure she'll be back to visit though, because she has family in the area and it isn't that long of a drive to Reno from here.

Do I have my new glasses on right now? No, just readers which, according to my last eye exam are too strong for my good eye and too weak for my bad eye. I have been doing pretty well about keeping them on while at work so maybe I'm adjusting.

I usually try to combine the sketch challenge with the alphabet challenge but this week forgot to check the color before I did the sketch sample so I still need to make my card with the wine color.

Jean, DH loves rye bread. We think it is the caraway seed flavor that I don't like in there but not sure. I just avoid it. And, of course, right now he is avoiding all food.

I hope you have good traveling roads for your drive up north and can let us know you made it safely!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (11-08-2023), jan31 (11-09-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), mcschmidty (11-08-2023)
Old 11-08-2023, 08:33 AM   #811  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Safe travels to you Jean, so glad you got new boots!! Take your layers of clothing too!!

Catherine, your California weather sounds as unpredictable as Wisconsin weather! You just never know what the next day brings.

We got hit about 5 A.M. this morning with such a strong rain storm! Woke up everyone as it was hitting the house! Might be a nap day! It's gloomy and so wet out!

Weeks away from a new Alpha round, and this round was thought up by our own Annette!! I will keep you all guess for the weeks ahead!! It will be fun!!

Have a good day everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (11-09-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), mcschmidty (11-08-2023), muscrat (11-08-2023)
Old 11-08-2023, 09:50 AM   #812  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 651 Posts

Happy Wednesday all!

Kathy, I have had progressives for quite awhile now. Still lift them to read up close, lol. So annoying. I have computer glasses for sitting at the computer. And now I want those cordial cherries. Seems we are not just enabled on here with craft items, lol...
Oh and I have slow forming cataracts too.

And that little boy video was hilarious. Thanks for my morning laugh.

Ann we got your lovely Christmas card the other day. Dh loves blue and remarked it was gorgeous and thanks for the wonderful images and trees you sent. Love them and your card.

Catherine glad you are enjoying some rain. We have it today but yesterday was gloriously sunny. I love that your dd is thrilled with her teacup. Glad the younger generation is liking this kind of gift. Your thank you card is a beauty. Glad you got spoiled on your birthday. Nested diamond dies sound great as does that vellum. I wonder if our Michaels has the same items?

I have missed a post about you having to take liquids only for a week. Glad you are enjoying food again.

Jean I take my glasses off to read in bed. Ugh on the fish fry. I like any kind of bread, lol.. Safe travels for you. Glad you got better boots.

Gracie thanks for all those pics. Great to see you. I had been to the Grand Canyon but dh never had so we went in 1997. We did a month long car trip in our '89 Tempo and went thru Wash, Oregon, Calif, Nevada and Arizona.

Jan, that is a perfect license plate for you! I love that your dil told them you had 3 birthdays at the table and they brought those to your table. So special. I told a restaurant that it was my birthday once and they gave me a little bouquet of flowers. I was thrilled. My mil was with us and she tried to make me feel bad that I told them. She said she would never do that, as if it was a bad thing to declare it was one's birthday. Anyways, I am glad you were feeling well enough to get out for dinner.

Thank you Shelly for leaving all your wonderful comments.

Melody I need to lose 10 pounds so that was hilarious. Wish it was that easy!

Ann that is weird you got Lynn's card back but it has happened to me and I had the right address!

Hi Sharon, Dagmar and all!

Shirl

Last edited by shirlb19; 11-09-2023 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (11-09-2023), jan31 (11-09-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), mcschmidty (11-08-2023)
Old 11-08-2023, 12:26 PM   #813  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I've had progressive lenses for years, but the reading portion was never quite correct, so I've always just taken them off to read. I also know I have a cataract in my right eye, but have been putting off doing anything with it after all the stuff DH went through with his and the aftermath. I've never had any kind of surgery, so I'm not looking forward to that.

I went out to Walgreens and Walmart late this morning. It was just a little misty, but right now we are having pouring rain and thunderstorm.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (11-09-2023), jan31 (11-09-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), shirlb19 (11-08-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 03:41 AM   #814  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Howdy Doody!
It is 630am on Thursday, I have been awake since before 5. Not happy about that. Couldn't fall back asleep. So I'm up and at 'em. Still have things to gather for the trip north. Melody, I am going through Rhinelander to get to Conover. Should be interesting, never done this drive. I don't want to 'citify' this side of the state with more major highways but it sure would be nice to have a quicker way to get up there. Takes as long as it did from SE WI, probably fewer miles though. And I don't love country driving all by myself.
Shirl, nice to hear from you. You've seen the Grand Canyon and I have not. Sigh. Hershey's Kisses don't call to me, but enough other junk does.
Had my second hair cut with my new person, Eden. I like it. In December, I'm going to have color put in, as in GREEN!!!!! YES GREEN! Life is too short to not be weird. My granddaughter Clare is not so sure about this.
Went to Dollar Tree yesterday because I've watched videos about shopping there, forget the name of the person. They now have $3 and $5 stuff for Christmas, just like Target has now. I still remember when everything was $1 at Target's cheapie Spot.
I think the washer and dryer are going to pot. When I moved in, I was told the washer could not do the largest load. Turns out, it can't do any load but large. I now have water in the washer that I can't get to drain. And then the dryer started acting up, meaning it will shut down mid drying. I was in the basement yesterday and the smoke alarm went off, there is a voice that says 'fire, fire'. No fire but turns out the hose fell off the vent going outside so the laundry room was heating up. Unfortunately when the washer quit working, I had a very heavy sweatshirt in there that is probably still sopping wet. And it was soapy. So I took it to the shower to rinse it and threw it in the dryer but then the dryer stopped working properly. I want to take the sweatshirt with me so I'll have to dry it at my brother's. The nagas are in my house again...remember that nagas are Buddhist spirits that like water and dark places. Think snakes. Just joking but makes me wonder.
Ok, Jean, git a move on and get packing. See you on the flip side.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (11-09-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), mcschmidty (11-09-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 05:38 AM   #815  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ha, Jean, you're on your way to turning into a grinch!

Your 2 main highways east/west across state would be 10 and 8; north/south 51, so whatever gets you to any of those; they would be your best/fastest travel. There are plenty of well paved smaller county highways, but a bit more remote in some cases, especially if you had any type of car issues. Plus a lot of them have stop signs every mile or so. Safe journey.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
Old 11-09-2023, 05:58 AM   #816  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh I get it....green hair. I will be darker than Mr Grinch.
yes it was interesting to see the route.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (11-09-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 06:04 AM   #817  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Green hair, Jean!!! You are adventurous! What will your GD think about that? Save travels to you! Sorry to hear about the washer and dryer. Something else to worry about.

Melody, how is your DH doing?

Have a good day everyone, still time to make Falliday Fest cards!!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 06:12 AM   #818  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann, he is doing fine. I'll send you a PM.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (11-09-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 06:22 AM   #819  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Melody, so glad he is doing well!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 07:40 AM   #820  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jean safe travels, I wouldn’t like to do a long journey on my own, I used to travel to places for work but now Steve drives most of the time so I’ve got used to being the passenger.

DiL went away last night to London for eight days, she sent me a message this morning to say she’d just landed and it’s really cold, her warm clothes are in her suitcase.
The boys are off school tomorrow so youngest has $100 target vouchers to spend that’s been burning a hole in his pocket, we've promised to take him tomorrow so we will go for breakfast first, now our son found out and asked why he isn't invited, haha looks as if we will all be going.
They really didn’t want to get up this morning apparently I’m so mean making them get up haha.

We've been to the Grand Canyon, flew down it twice, first time was really good, the second time the plane was ramshackle, Steve had to sit at the front as they weigh you and have to balance the plane, talk about bone shaker, Steve said he was worried when he saw elastic bands on the control panel!!

Our Son is going to his friends this morning as he has a leg of Wild Boar for Steve to cook, that will keep him quiet for a few days thinking of meals to cook with it, I made a pie last night with the meat from a back strap Steve had braised, the meat was so tender.

Very cold this morning but sunny and dry, off shopping and then a coffee by the sea , we saw a whale last week.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jan31:
Old 11-09-2023, 08:17 AM   #821  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We have another lovely, sunny morning. I saw deer earlier this morning which always makes me smile. We had a lovely time with our small group last night and now getting ready to go off to work. Today is my Friday work wise - and everyone else in the house as well. DD2 isn't scheduled to work tomorrow and DH has tomorrow off for Veteran's Day.

Ann, I would say that WI weather is definitely more unpredictable than ours although where we currently live, we do go more variety of weather than we used to which I prefer.

Thank you for the beautiful green Christmas card you sent me. I love it, of course! And thank you for the goodies you enclosed too. I was beginning to think USPS wasn't going to bring it. It was in my email from them on a Saturday and it didn't actually make it to my mailbox until Tuesday or Wednesday! Not sure what that was about.

Shirl, I didn't have to be on liquids, I just chose to do a seven day fast which meant liquids only.

Oh yes, my daughters love vintage things. DD2 has a rotary phone in her room (it isn't hooked up to anything, just decor) and an old typewriter that has a beautiful wooden case it came in. Not all kids like the vintage stuff but they are still out there.

That sounds like a wonderful road trip you had when you went to see the Grand Canyon, what great memories. And I hope your MIL didn't succeed in making you feel bad. How neat that the restaurant brought you a bouquet!

Oh no, Jean, sorry to hear about the washer/dryer issues. If it isn't one thing, it's another! I hope you'll share a photo of your green hair! Safe travels.

Jan, I had to chuckle at your son asking why he wasn't invited, I love it. Sounds like a good plan and fun time.

I've been to the Grand Canyon a couple of times, it is so impressive. But, I've never flown it like you have, Jan. That second time sounds like quite a white knuckle experience! I think a helicopter ride through the canyon would be awesome, I love helicopter rides!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (11-10-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 09:52 AM   #822  
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been to the Grand Canyon.....the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania! Not nearly as impressive, but awesome for a non-traveler like me! I think it's out near wellsboro but I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I was out there. DH used his leaf blower and blew all the leaves from our yard over into the field. I said what happens if the wind picks up and blows in the opposite?! He said don't even think that! And then I said he still has a ton of leaves on the trees yet! Today's nearly 60 and very sunny. he went to his friend's house to clean the lawn mower for the winter.I have a stack of dishes to do but don't feel like doing them yet. I made chicken and waffles for lunch. I also have a lot of gravy left over. I finished the gifts for my card class friends for christmas. I got each one of them a really nice square plastic container, a roll of the post-it note tape, and an expandable magnetic stick. I use mine all the time to pick up dies so I don't have to bend over. I'm glad I looked at my message before I hit submit reply because it said pick up guys! I'm definitely not picking up guys! LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (11-10-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), smadson (11-12-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 10:22 AM   #823  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, picking up guys could be an interesting activity, as long as they're not too heavy.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (11-10-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), muscrat (11-09-2023), smadson (11-12-2023)
Old 11-09-2023, 04:29 PM   #824  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 651 Posts

Jean, I knew there was something else I wanted to post and that was that I had a Frankoma 2 cup teapot in a yellow color. I think I have since thrifted it, but got lots of use from It. Bought it in Arizona in the late 70's.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by shirlb19:
annsforte3 (11-10-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 07:37 AM   #825  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine did you ever visit the Gorges du Verdon in France? It was beautiful but driving around the edge was a nightmare with all the tourist buses, on the hairpin bends they were stuck and took ages to manoeuvre around them.

You wouldn’t get Steve in a helicopter, he had many journeys in them in the army and hated them, our Son and DIL flew down the Grand Canyon in a helicopter and had a champagne breakfast.

Cant wait to see your Green hair Jean, haha very brave.

Kathy made me smile the thought of you picking up guys ! You really have to watch how the words get changed.

Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 09:38 AM   #826  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!!

I think all of us want to see Jean's green hair!! We will need lots of pictures Jean!

Kathy, those are amazing gifts for your friends! That magnetic stick sounds fabulous!

Off to do some scanning!! Need to throw away papers!!

Have a great day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 10:11 AM   #827  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning (still morning here, anyway), everyone! I've already been to the eye doctor's with DD2 where she is getting new prescription sunglasses as her prescription hasn't changed. The eye doctor asked us how many optometrists it takes to change a light bulb? .....One or two!

It sounds like we are going to go look at a vehicle, we need to get an AWD or 4WD before it is snowy.

Kathy, be careful picking up guys, they can be kind of heavy, LOL.

Jan, I don't think we managed to get to Gorges du Verdon. It sounds absolutely lovely.

Well, DH is off the phone with the car guy, I must go and see what he found out. Chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-10-2023, 01:06 PM   #828  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, it took me a minute to get your eye doctors joke! And I just had an eye exam less than a month ago so it should be fresh in my mind!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 11-10-2023, 01:08 PM   #829  
Proud Fan Club Member

We are surrounded by corn fields and they finally cleared those fields yesterday and today!!

Tomorrow us card class day. I made a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and I got a bag of chips to help out my demo friend. She's been going through a lot taking care of her dad so volunteered to help her with snacks this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), smadson (11-12-2023)
Old 11-11-2023, 11:39 AM   #830  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds delicious Kathy, I don’t like peanut butter but the Reese's cups are scrummy, I told eldest GS to make sure he had some in his Halloween candy! He actually only eats mint chocolate so I always bring mint Aero from England, the one with the bubbles in it.

Good luck finding a car Catherine.

Steve has just been cutting up the wild boar leg, braised steaks for today’s dinner and a joint cut from the leg in the slow cooker to be roasted for dinner tomorrow,

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
Old 11-11-2023, 01:03 PM   #831  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Made it up north, very long drive. I was in the middle of nowhere for a long time, thought I might wet my pants. I guess there is a better way to go but the GPS didn't show it. I don't know where those folks get their gas, took several hours before I came upon a gas station.
had a very good fish fry yesterday....yay I'm happy....with rye bread and homemade parmesan potato chips with onion dip. My sister and her husband stayed overnight. We watched Rear Window, my favorite Hitchcock movie. Grace Kelly was so beautiful and her wardrobe was fantastic.
we've been walking dogs, which is fun.
On the way up, I saw a bald eagle and a wolf. Saw a fox this morning.
Have a good sunday!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), muscrat (11-11-2023), smadson (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 05:03 AM   #832  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,057 Likes on 1,554 Posts

Jean, so glad you made it and without wetting your pants. Were you sick at your stomach by the time you got to a restroom? It sounds scary, driving out in the middle of nowhere for that long!
It sounds like you are having a great time, so totally worth the drive, I am thinking. I like all of those old Hitchcock movies. enjoy!

Good luck with finding a car, Catherine. All I know about it, is they are very expensive, even the used ones.

Jan, I read to DH about what Steve is cooking, and he just looked up wild boar and read all about it to me. How did it taste?

Grand Canyon. We went as a family on vacation when the kids were small. We didn’t go down into it, just walked on the rim. It was breath taking. It made me cry it was so beautiful and
GRAND.

I don’t know if I mentioned it, but it has been busy here. DS is coming Monday for two weeks, and we have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. LOL. If I would just do it all the time, we wouldn’t have this big cleaning to do. LOL. I have been baking, too. One day I baked banana butterscotch chip bread, granola bars with oatmeal, cranberries, almonds & chocolate chips. Then since the chip bags were opened anyway, made chocolate chip & butterscotch chip cookies. That was earlier last week, then yesterday I baked lemon blueberry bread. He is just one person! But we never have help to eat things like this, so that is why I am doing it. Usually the only time I bake is if we are taking it to potluck or a fellowship at church.

👋👋 to Kathy, Annette, Melody, Shirl, Rebekah, Ann, Shelly, Gracie, Dagmar, and anyone else I missed. Have a great Sunday!
Scrapbook Goal: 2024: 14/60 as of 03/31/24

Last edited by smadson; 11-12-2023 at 05:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), muscrat (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 07:11 AM   #833  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon the wild boar tastes delicious, its darker than pork and needs cooking for longer, Steve made a mushroom sauce to go with the steaks, I don’t like mushrooms but they all enjoyed it though.

Sharon you’ve certainly done a lot of baking, sounds delicious, you must be excited to have your son visit, cleaning, well I’m the same even if doesn’t need doing I have to do it if we are having visitors or going on a trip!

Jean pleased to see you arrived safely, I wouldn’t like to drive in the middle of nowhere, sounds like you’re having fun, I don’t like scary films so Hitchcock is a no for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
Old 11-12-2023, 07:42 AM   #834  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,964 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Good Sunday Morning to everyone!

I finally received my birthday cards from Kathy and Jayne...they were forwarded from Wisconsin. The post office must have kept them a long time...maybe they were admiring them! Thanks ladies, your cards were beautiful. Speaking of which, I'm behind on sending birthday cards and posting Alpha cards. I'll have to rectify that soon!

After all my "doctoring" and tests, etc. we took our trailer to western Arizona for four days near Bullhead City. We had friends from Wis. staying in Laughlin. We met them and went to Oatman, AZ, an old mining town with donkeys roaming around! One stood in the middle of the road sleeping. Tom honked at him and he just turned his head and then, went back to sleep! Tom had to drive around him! So funny. The donkeys were just left on their own after the mines closed. The donkeys rule the town (only 54 residents.} It's a tourist town now, with shops and "saloons." Fun day, however, my knee was pretty sore by the end of the day hobbling around with my cane.

I'm suppose to hear from Clinic next week to schedule my surgery. It will be nice to have a date set. I'm thinking of putting up my Christmas tree early, so I can enjoy it while I'm recovering.

Jan, I'm glad you're enjoying your time with family in California. Sorry to hear that you all were ill. I hope everyone is better now.

Well, Jean, Jean the dancing Green Bean! I can't wait to see your green hair. It sounds like you're enjoying your time up North. I'm glad your sister was able to visit and see your new home.

Melody, I loved that "time to set our scales back 10 pounds!" I definitely need to do that with all my sitting lately...I'd have to set it back a couple of times!

Catherine, I can't imagine fasting for 7 days, much less one day, unless I was sick. I love my snacks too much. I could skip meals and just snack, though. LOL

Ann, thank you for the lovely Christmas card and goodies! I'd better get started on mine, too, I haven't been in the crafting mood since injuring my knee. As my hubby would say, "Buck it up buttercup." He usually says, "Walk it off" but since I'm hobbling around he knows better! LOL

Hugs to all and enjoy your Sunday!

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), jan31 (11-13-2023), shirlb19 (11-13-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 09:49 AM   #835  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Almost 3 inches of snow up here last night. Big fluffy flakes, very wet snow. Tried to walk the dogs but it was too wet for Scout. She has allergy issues on her feet so wears these little booties when they walk her and her boots got soaked. She was not happy so turned around. I took a walk by myself. The snow is melting, very drippy up here. I made a little snowman. I'll post a pic eventually.
My brother did a cleansing ceremony yesterday, using the pipe he created. He does it around this time because my Dad, Mom and brother Bill had birthdays this month. I'll post some pictures of his pipe. We didn't take any pictures during the ceremony because we all wanted to participate. I only smoke when I participate.
Haven't seen any deer, which is surprising. But I do hear people practicing shooting at the nearby shooting range. Poor deer.
Yes, I'll be a green bean...hah, that's a good one. I'm sure it will help to get a surgery date sent. At least you're using a cane now.
Jan, I live on peanut butter, but I only like the natural stuff....just peanuts and salt. No sugar. I just had a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast.
Shirl, I didn't know Frankoma came in yellow. I have green and kind of a light brown. I'll have to see if I can find some yellow.
Have a good Sunday!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), jan31 (11-13-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 10:12 AM   #836  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is a sunny and lovely day here this morning. DD2 is at work - working all day much to her chagrin. We haven't found a vehicle yet, I hate looking!

Kathy, in all fairness, I think the eye doctor joke works better audibly than typed out. I hope you had a fun card class.

Jean, I'm glad you made it safely there....and didn't pee your pants! And had a tasty fish fry up to your standards.

Wow, Sharon, that is a lot of baking! Sounds very tasty. I'm not a scary movie person, in general, so no Hitchcock movies for me. The little white church apparently seen in the movie The Birds is located somewhere near Bodega Bay here in Northern California. Friends have posted photos of it with comments that it was from that movie.

Gracie, I look forward to you having a scheduled surgery date. I know, not as much as you do. My SIL is doing great post her knee surgery, her PT is impressed with how well she is doing.

Fasting for seven days is nothing compared to my DH. He is currently at day 35. His fast will end this Friday which will be 40 days. I think he is crazy!

Here is a funny I was amused by and thought I'd share.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 19 Chat 6-7 thru 11-29-2023-fitness-protection-program.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), jan31 (11-13-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), muscrat (11-12-2023), smadson (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 11:24 AM   #837  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Does your husband lose a lot of weight, Catherine?
forgot to mention Sharon and her awesome baking...may I visit too?
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), jan31 (11-13-2023), JRHolbrook (11-12-2023), smadson (11-12-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 12:07 PM   #838  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

QUOTE: Gracie, I look forward to you having a scheduled surgery date.
At first glance, I thought that said 'sugary' - I don't need to schedule that!!!

Sharon, I like to bake things, too, but I give most of it away to in-laws, neighbors, kids. If I don't have an immediate recipient, I usually freeze everything. If it's something I like, I tend to freeze in smaller portions, and take out only 1 portion at a time, so I don't have as much temptation. DH mostly doesn't eat any dessert, so if I have it available, it's all mine, so freezing limits my immediate access.

Jean, I used to drive up to Rhinelander by myself when I was single, and also when the kids were babies/little and DH was working 60+ hours a week and going to night school. I often took the back roads, before they made the bigger highways 4-lane. Many of the back roads are arrow straight, and they were the same speed limit as the highways, except for stop signs every mile or so, but with less traffic. I remember stopping at a rest area to nurse DD. Now, with both my parents gone, I no longer make the trip by myself. Either with DH or with my sister/BIL.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), jan31 (11-13-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 04:08 PM   #839  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,964 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Yes, Sharon, all that baking sounds delicious! I try not to bake too much...I have no self control when it comes to cookies! Melody, that's a good idea to freeze baked goods...I'd probably pop them in the microwave and eat them anyway!

Jean, glad you didn't see any deer, especially when you were driving! They're probably in hiding from the hunters. I love peanut butter, too. I was hungry last night and craving peanut butter toast.

Catherine, that was very funny: "I'm in the fitness protection program." It's amazing to me that your DH can fast for 40 days! Holy cow!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (11-13-2023), jan31 (11-13-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 06:41 AM   #840  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Busy weekend and did it go fast! Saturday went to see GS and GD along with son and his wife compete in ice skating. Son did ice dancing with his wife for the first time! Was so fun to see them skate together and he did a lift!

Both kids got first place in their divisions!! GD got first in the compulsory area and GS got second. He was disappointed he didn't get first! Both kids are speed demons on the ice!!

Sunday we celebrate GS's birthday, got him new shoes and went to a lego store where he got parts by the glass full! Yes, you pay for parts by the cup full! He was in heaven with his gifts!

Kathy, you are so nice to help out your hostess with baking and snacks! Your cake sounds yummy!! I do love peanut butter!

Catherine, I don't know how your spouse does that, not eating! Does he have to go back to solid foods slowly then after all that fasting? I could never do that!

Gracie, praying you get your surgery soon and your pain leaves you!

Jean, 3 inches of snow already! Yikes!! I just listened to the weather and in the 1880's Milwaukee got over 100 inches of snow that winter! I can not image that!! Glad you made it up north! I give you a lot of credit for doing the drive, I could not make it that long without a bathroom stop!

Gotta run, pups are being bad this morning! They are zooming all around the kitchen table and in and out of my craft room!

Have a good day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (11-13-2023)