Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-22-2021, 05:04 AM   #1521  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,752 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Happy first day of autumn for all of us in the northern hemisphere...for those in the southern, happy first day of spring. And it is really autumn here...cool, cloudy, a little breezy. Wisconsin was very humid a couple of days ago, I do not like that, Sam I Am. On Monday, a huge line of thunderstorms was making its way across the state, I thought for sure we would get clobbered. My daughter on the west side did, lots of rain, very funny yellow sky. I think by the time it moved east, it must have lost steam.
Yesterday I took a friend out for her birthday...we ate lunch at Panera, used to go there a lot, can't remember the last time...good fuji apple salad and tomato soup. Then we went to see Respect. Oh my, what a great movie. It proved to me that I really didn't know much about Aretha, just little bits and pieces. She came from some wealth and privilege, but that father of hers....oh my. So controlling. Her father impregnated a 12 year old congregant of his and Aretha was pregnant at 12. She couldn't speak of the incident to anyone. Her father didn't protect her. Oh it made me so angry. It made me think of priests and what they got away with.
Speaking of Noom, yesterday was a little challenging because of going out to eat. I can only eat 1200 calories, that lunch was about 800. Ann, Noom is a weight loss/psychology based program to help you keep weight off FOR GOOD, which is my main issue. Portion control, lots of psychological tips to improve life in general. I'm enjoying it. Losing is not the issue for me. They suggested eating something that you think you can never have again, because that isn't going to be true, so I bought a peanut Persian at the Piggly Wiggly bakery. I ate half on Monday, half on Tuesday, because that's how I'm going to have to do it. No donuts again for a while.
Congrats on the new job for your daughter, Catherine. I worked at Target for almost 7 years and, yes, new hires were starting to make more than I did when I left. They raised the minimum hire to $15 shortly after. I was doing the early morning stocking because I wanted a consistent work schedule and when they started telling me I needed to work faster, I thought, 'that's it, I'm so done.'
Gracie, I was wondering when you were leaving. I thought it would be September, since that's what your note says on the MMTPT mailing list. I'm with your husband, I would wait longer. I'm sure trees are changing already up there, they've just started a bit down here.
In October, my sister and I are going to a wedding in South Carolina, a second cousin. I've never been to the Carolinas, we won't be gone long so I hope I can see something. Janet has already been there.
Rebekah, I'm glad you feel better. My poor uncle who was in the hospital in August for Covid is still in the hospital...Covid is gone but other things have cropped up, including a fall because he thought he could get to the bathroom on his own. He is a hard headed, 90 year old German, as he likes to call himself. He has gone to rehab once but he didn't improve so he went back to the hospital, found more things wrong. From the neck down, he is a mess, but his mind is still sharp, although the hospital stays have impacted that. I sure hope he can go home eventually.
I guess that's it for me, enough from me. Stay well, stay safe, stay creative. Hello to everyone!!!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (09-24-2021), mcschmidty (09-24-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 05:17 AM   #1522  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Catherine that’s good news for your daughter.

Gracie , your card is winging it’s way to Arizona, hopefully,, I think that’s where the sheet said you’d be,

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (09-22-2021), JRHolbrook (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 07:26 AM   #1523  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!

Yup, Gracie, your card also went to Arizona! LOL! You will have mail waiting for you!

Jean, congrats on losing the weight, I need to also, but can't afford anything right now with wedding costs!

The person doing the alterations on my pantsuit found a rib in the sleeve! It can not be fixed. Asked about putting new sleeves in, so she is looking into that! I think my alterations will be higher cost then the outfit itself!

Catherine, so happy for your daughter getting a job at Michaels, I am sure it will work out for her!

Jan, glad it is getting cooler for you and happy days that it rained.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (09-22-2021), JRHolbrook (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 08:27 AM   #1524  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning! I'm jealous of you enjoying fall weather. Fall keeps teasing us here...wake up, it is lovely and cool like a fall morning. Then, wait a few days and it is hot like summer again. It is getting close though! Hmmm, need to get some wood to keep us warm this winter.

Ann, your birthday card has arrived. You are the first, thank you! I am saving it for my birthday.

Yes, I'm excited DD2 got the job. I told her that I will have her make my Michaels purchases for me! I hope she enjoys working there. She really wanted to get in at a vet office but only applied at the one that takes care of our pets.

Congrats, Jean, on your weight loss. Noom sounds like an excellent app because the thinking needs to change to maintain. At least, that is my perception.

Jan, I think DD1 or I would have to pay Michaels because we would spend too much if we worked there! DD2 is an excellent money manager though so I think she'll be OK. DD1 is my shopper.

Ann, is this pantsuit new for the wedding? Sorry to hear about the rip in the sleeve.

Well, that was the alarm to finish getting ready for work. Chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (09-22-2021), jan31 (09-22-2021), JRHolbrook (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 11:09 AM   #1525  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

For those of you who remember my story about flippy, here's a picture before we got him back on his feet!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 15 CHAT May 5 - Oct. 27, 2021-img_20210922_114555251%7E2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (09-22-2021), cdimick (09-23-2021), jan31 (09-22-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 12:55 PM   #1526  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Poor Flippy...he flopped.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (09-22-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), lacyquilter (09-23-2021), muscrat (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 01:02 PM   #1527  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Mid day check in : )

Feeling much better today aka stiffness from uphill hiking..... I did lots of stretching last night. Fall is here as well- just in the 60's today!
-Rebekah- hope you feel better each day! Hard to have the kids home when you are low on energy!
-Catherine- hope your family is feeling better! Congrats to DD2 on her new job!
-Kathy- lol, there are many places I could not work too! A hospital was a good place for me- not much to buy there, except what is in the gift shops. OMG, that poor duck!!!
-Gracie- nice to have a day to enjoy and have no company- and create! Oct day to head back to Arizona will be here before you know it!
-Jean- I feel bad for your Uncle and his prolonged time in the hospital and rehab. The hospital is no place to get good sleep- so many interruptions! Good for you on your weight journey.
-Ann- uggg on your outfit issues! Hope you like the top with the alterations!
Jan- I hear they are opening up travel to the US for International flights in November. I wear a N95 mask on a plane- it would be a long time to keep one of those masks on- they make my face itch so bad!!! LOL

Hope you all are having a great Hump day! (American slang for middle of the week- over the 'hump' to the weekend).

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (09-22-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), muscrat (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #1528  
Proud Fan Club Member

What's funny about flippy is that if he's been upside down for a while and no one noticed he quits wiggling his legs. But as you start to walk up close to him he gets excited and then his little legs start kicking with excitement.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (09-22-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-23-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 04:19 PM   #1529  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, that poor little guy! So glad you are there to help him!

My outfit for the wedding is new but I have had it for months. So no way to take it back! Hoping the women altering it finds material for the sleeves.
So hard to find clothes that fit, I am so not proportioned equally! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-23-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 08:42 PM   #1530  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shelly we saw that about travel opening up, we won’t go over this year, next autumn for the birthdays most likely. Our DIL flew to England in the summer for a conference, she said wearing a mask on an eleven hour flight was awful. Mind you it also depends on what restrictions the USA puts on as the tests are expensive if we have to have those or quarantine!!
Our DIL told me that the company she works for have now banned all travel even in the US for the moment
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jan31:
annsforte3 (09-23-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 05:31 AM   #1531  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Morning! It’s another sunshiney cool fall day in SW WI!

Feeling better still which is nice b/c life marches on and needs my participation lol!
The following 3 users liked this post by luvtostampstampstamp:
Old 09-23-2021, 05:57 AM   #1532  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That's a great attitude...it should help you feel better every day.
Ann, I must have missed something about a wedding. One of your sons? Bring me up to speed please
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (09-23-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), luvtostampstampstamp (09-23-2021), mcschmidty (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 06:34 AM   #1533  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jean, son number three gets married in California in November. So we are traveling! It does make me nervous! Also, not wanting to see the X!

It is cool here this morning, low was 44 degrees! But house is staying warm. Would be nice to hold off on heat for a month! Air conditioning bills were high with all the humidity we had.

It's catch up day for me on household stuff!

Have a great day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (09-23-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 06:52 AM   #1534  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Morning!

Jean, son number three gets married in California in November. So we are traveling! It does make me nervous! Also, not wanting to see the X!

It is cool here this morning, low was 44 degrees! But house is staying warm. Would be nice to hold off on heat for a month! Air conditioning bills were high with all the humidity we had.

It's catch up day for me on household stuff!

Have a great day all!
Oh I hear you about the X factor. My son got married in 2014 (seems like just yesterday), it was certainly awkward. He had moved on quickly when we separated and she was there. Fortunately my X is very mild mannered, not prone to being snarky. Too mild mannered, actually. I will be thinking of you. Good luck with your outfit.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (09-23-2021), jan31 (09-23-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 07:26 AM   #1535  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jean, son banned the x from bringing a quest!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by annsforte3:
jan31 (09-23-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-23-2021), muscrat (09-23-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 07:33 AM   #1536  
Proud Fan Club Member

Very thoughtful of your son, Ann. That should make it a little less anxious for you. Just focus on the wedding and it will be beautiful.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 09-23-2021, 08:10 AM   #1537  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Yesterday we went to buy DD2 some new shoes for work - comfortable shoes. And then we went to pick up the food she wanted to celebrate her new job - but she wanted to bring it home and watch The Princess Bride while we ate. So that is what we did. Her celebration food was from the Old Spaghetti Factory.

Yay, today is my Friday. I'm ready to have Friday off and boy, do I need to clean this house! It definitely suffers when I'm not feeling the best.

Ann, that is too bad that you can't take the outfit back. I hope your seamstress is excellent and finds good fabric for your sleeves. I was concerned about the X factor when DH and I got married as his parents divorced when he was 3. Thankfully, we weren't the first wedding they had to deal with but his mom married her first husband's younger brother so that added another wrinkle into the picture. I told DH that if they didn't behave, I was throwing them out, I didn't care if they were his parents! But, like I said, it wasn't the first wedding and so they all behaved. His oldest sister's wedding was more tense, I understand.

Glad you are feeling better, Rebekah.

Kathy, poor Flippy! He is fortunate to have caring people around him!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (09-23-2021), jan31 (09-24-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 08:57 AM   #1538  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Jean, son banned the x from bringing a quest!
Good for your son....we separated in late 2009 and by January 2012, he was with someone else. She is still in the picture but they're not living together as he never stopped drinking, now she's more of his nurse than anything. His cirrhosis is pretty bad, I guess. I haven't seen him since my mom died 5 years ago. Liz manages sort of a relationship, Joe not so much.
Be strong.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (09-23-2021), jan31 (09-23-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #1539  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, wow, that would be a tense situation! But not uncommon either! In my x's side of the family some cousins did the same thing, and of course the two brothers do not speak to one another.

Last edited by annsforte3; 09-24-2021 at 06:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JRHolbrook (09-26-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #1540  
Proud Fan Club Member

Is anyone watching alter ego? It's on right after the masked Singer. I am loving it.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-26-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 06:06 AM   #1541  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Kathy, I do not get regular tv so no watching any of those shows. My sons have Netflix again so It has to be on there or no way of watching unless it is on the free site of Peacock TV.

Catherine, what type of shoes did you get for your daughter for work? Always looking for comfort for my feet! Usually Sketchers fit me well. Tried to get some dress Sketchers for the wedding but not true to size so they all went back. Hate having to do returns.

Have a good day everyone! It's vacuuming today! Dog hair! Athena fur is coming out like crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 08:18 AM   #1542  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Morning! School has early release today so that’s nice. Thank goodness it’s Friday!! I’m it of isolation as of tomorrow! yeah! Kids have another week at home.

The following 3 users liked this post by luvtostampstampstamp:
annsforte3 (09-24-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 12:50 PM   #1543  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Today feels amazingly normal since the family got sick. DD1 had an early, long shift, DH is working down the hill, and DD2 and I are at home and I'm working on chores around the house. The house really hasn't been cleaned since I got sick so it is a good thing I'm better!

Ann, we got her Skechers with memory foam. Both pairs came from Famous Footwear. That was what felt good to her.

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (09-24-2021), jan31 (09-24-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 01:55 PM   #1544  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I always wore Sketches go walk....I didn't know they did dress shoes.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (09-25-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 09:40 PM   #1545  
Stazon Splitcoast

I always wear sketchers in fact I just bought some yesterday, we usually buy them from the sketchers shop in SF but seeing as we haven’t been and my walking ones were wearing thin on the soles I needed some new ones.
we found a shop near the beach that had a good selection. I like he slip on sort especially for flying so I can take them off and on easily,
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (09-25-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021)
Old 09-25-2021, 07:10 AM   #1546  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jan, I too like the slip on ones for flying and for doctor appointments! LOL!

It's cooler here today but sunny! Windows are all open, however, someone just started burning and wow does it stink!

What's everyone up to this weekend?
Reply With Quote Likes
jan31 (09-26-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021)
Old 09-25-2021, 07:37 AM   #1547  
Stazon Splitcoast

We had the new fridge delivered this morning, it’s just a mini fridge for cold drinks for when family come over, took us three weeks to find one that fits in the space in the wall unit, took two weeks to come into stock, they dropped it off, we went a walk and then steve read the instructions, ha, ha
nothing ,went back to the instructions and suddenly a bang, smell of burning, so they are now ordering a new one, takes two weeks! We are doomed!

I ordered some new apple charging leads for our son to bring over, needed to spend another eleven pounds to get free postage, I ordered a die set and a stencil, he,he came over the twenty pounds I needed, Steve says how come his part cost 9 and it cost him 27,
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (09-25-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021)
Old 09-25-2021, 01:14 PM   #1548  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 455 Likes on 202 Posts

While playing my Challenge Catch-up cardmaking, I entered a Round 13, Letter U - 8/19/20 yesterday. My card's letter "U" is its Underwater fish scene.

Here is my card: A Sea Life Birthday to You!
Carlene aka Chatterbox-1--My BLOG; My Pinterest; My SCS Gallery; FAVORITES Team Member; 2022 Christmas Card Challenge 75/105. My SCS Goal: Challenge Catch-up; Sketch Challenge Sample Card Team (August 2022--January 2023).
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (09-26-2021)
Old 09-25-2021, 01:16 PM   #1549  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 455 Likes on 202 Posts

Expecting a visit from my nearly 2-year old granddaughter soon...have some house chores to finish before they come, so must keep my nose to the grindstone!
Carlene aka Chatterbox-1--My BLOG; My Pinterest; My SCS Gallery; FAVORITES Team Member; 2022 Christmas Card Challenge 75/105. My SCS Goal: Challenge Catch-up; Sketch Challenge Sample Card Team (August 2022--January 2023).
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by Chatterbox-1:
jan31 (09-26-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 05:34 AM   #1550  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Congratulations to Shirl, Kathy and Annette on their DTGD wins! Now to get ready for Falliday Fest!

BTW, Janey says “hi” to you all. It is a busy time right now for them.

I am just stopping in before church to say have a great Sunday!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (09-26-2021), jan31 (09-26-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-26-2021), muscrat (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 07:07 AM   #1551  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning all!

Yes, Congrats to all our Alpha winners for DTGD!!

Sunny and going to get up to 78 today! Mother Nature is teasing us before the blast of Autumn air decides to stay!

Have a great Sunday everyone! I am cleaning my craft room today!! It's a mess!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 07:16 AM   #1552  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Hello! It's been another busy week here. I don't know how I juggled everything when I worked!

Dr. appointments with my mom, my DIL's 40th birthday party and a visit to my DS1's home to watch my DGD's taekwondo presentation. She is now a "red belt." This week, I get to see my DGD who turned one in July for only the 3rd time. I convinced my DS2 that he really needed to bring her to see her great grandmother (my mom) who turns 89 Oct. 4th. He and his wife are very protective because of Covid, so they've kept to themselves for the last year and a half. They won't come for the family birthday party on Sunday, but agreed to bring the baby and my 3 step GD's on Saturday when no one else will be there. DS2 and new DIL...just got married in August...no one was invited. My new DIL and DS1's wife have the same name now! Both are Brooke Johnson. They couldn't be any more different, however! It is what it is. I enjoy whatever time I can with family and refuse to stress about any of it.

Anyway, enough of that...once I get back to Payson, I'm hoping to get back on a more regular schedule and participate in Alpha challenges again. It sure has been a crazy summer.

Kathy, I love the photo of poor Flippy!

Ann, I hope you can get your dress altered for the wedding. Seamstresses can do amazing things!

Catherine, I'm glad you're feeling better and life is getting back to normal. Hugs.

Thoughts of all of you all the time and sending everyone virtual hugs! Have a great Sunday!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (09-26-2021), jan31 (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-26-2021), muscrat (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 08:25 AM   #1553  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We are two days away from DD2 reporting for her first day of work at Michaels. I sure hope she likes it and the people she works with. DD1 had to open at work today so she is gone. We woke up to find that a bear had gotten into a neighbor's trash and taken it into our back yard to paw through it so trash clean up this morning. (We know it isn't our trash because we don't take our trash out until the morning of trash pick up which is Monday morning. They tell us to take it out the night before but we don't because...bears!)

Congrats to the Alpha winners for DTGD! That is wonderful! I finally made a card last night but I haven't taken photos yet. It was fun to get creative.

I also need to cook and deliver a meal for a family today. He was just discharged from the hospital on Friday evening.

Good report on Dave, they had him sitting up which is huge because his muscles are all very weak. The person who gave me the report said it is still very touch and go but that seems hopeful to me. Thank you for praying for him.

DD2 was very excited to order birthday presents for her sister - after getting her sister to agree to not go on Amazon until her birthday as we all share the Prime account.

Well, I'd better get busy. Chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by cdimick:
annsforte3 (09-26-2021), jan31 (09-26-2021), JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-26-2021), muscrat (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 08:55 AM   #1554  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, that is too cute, stay away from Amazon!!

Sounds like good news for your friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
JRHolbrook (09-26-2021), mcschmidty (09-26-2021), muscrat (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 01:30 PM   #1555  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Happy Sunday!

Had to go to early church and then a Religious Ed Open House today. The priest was long winded (as per usual) and the mass was 1 1/4 hours..... I did not have any students in my class come to the Open House- well, a couple of kids came and took folders before I arrived...since mass was so long!
I spent all afternoon at church on Friday helping the office ladies/coordinators get folders ready..... by the time I got home and ate, it was 7:00. I watched TV and sorted cards that I have stashed in the pantry. I need to get piles going (by season and holiday) to donate some.
Katie came out yesterday with her pup. We hung out and ordered Chinese for dinner (no soy), and watched another show. I spent the early afternoon picking up the first floor, not going too crazy, cause after the Grandpup is here, there will be dog hair all over.......

Ray is back just now from a weekend in Galena (about 3 hours from us) golfing with college friends. It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend weather wise, except for the Ragweed that is! LOL
We did not have any sports on TV all weekend...hehehe well, I did turn on the Ryder cup golf- out friends worked the 15th hole- I saw a picture of them, but I missed them if they were on TV......

Spent a bit of time studying- piano teacher has me memorizing scales...... I know the C scale by heart (lol).....

Waving hello to all. Hope we all get some stamping time in to create this week!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (09-27-2021), jan31 (09-26-2021), JRHolbrook (09-27-2021), muscrat (09-26-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 04:21 AM   #1556  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts

Good morning all!
Just popping in to say hello. I will catch up on chatter later today. I hope everyone is well.

The new house is coming along well. We now have windows, and shingles on the roof The inside is all framed and we will meet with the electrician soon to decide where we want outlets and switches. So many decisions to make! I haven't been creating much, mostly sorting and purging so we don't have so much to move. Also trying to get this place spruced up to list in the spring.

Early day with my little man. Have a great day everyone!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by AnnetteMac:
annsforte3 (09-27-2021), JRHolbrook (09-27-2021), mcschmidty (09-28-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 06:32 AM   #1557  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Annette, so happy your home is coming along! Lots of work though to purge stuff! You can do it!
Say hello to little man for me!

Shelly, how nice your friends got to go to the Ryder Cup! US won! Golf is not for me though, never had an interest in it, well my father used to watch golf all the time on our only tv as kids. Get the picture, us kids never got to watch anything then!

Have a fantastic day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
mcschmidty (09-28-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 07:06 AM   #1558  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Good morning! Great to hear from you Annette! Such an exciting but busy time for you!

Shelly, I so admire you for learning to play piano. I have no musical talent, but I love music! You go girl!

Ann, my dad watched golf and football...I understand. Of course, I sure enjoyed Green Bay Packer last second win last night!

Another busy week for me, I really want to get in my craft room and create...maybe, I'll have to give up sleeping at night.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
AnnetteMac (09-27-2021), annsforte3 (09-27-2021), mcschmidty (09-28-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 07:16 AM   #1559  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Gracie, do not give up sleep!! Reminder it is people before paper!! Time will come later, enjoy your company and friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (09-27-2021), mcschmidty (09-28-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 07:26 AM   #1560  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Hi! Happy Monday, everyone! Just got home from my walk. It is a gorgeous Fall day! We watched Ryder Cup all weekend. The minute we got home from church at 12:30 , the TV was turned on. LOL. I enjoy it right along with DH. We love all the back stories and numbers of course, my DH being a numbers guy. This morning we read a great article about the Ryder Cup win. All very interesting, because we keep up with the golf all year.

I did work in my craft room, while watching golf. I am about 10 feet from where DH sits and watches and I hear it, too.

oh, Larry just brought in mail! A card from Australia that says Do not open until 10/28! I will try not to! LOL. I already opened Ann’s, because I got it a week ago and did t realize it was a birthday card!

thank you to both Ann and Jayney!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 5 users liked this post by smadson:
annsforte3 (09-27-2021), JRHolbrook (09-27-2021), mcschmidty (09-28-2021), muscrat (09-27-2021), Ozpom (09-27-2021)