Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2021, 08:30 AM   #881  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Good morning. I am sooooooo far behind on ABC. I think I've done 3. I've been "creating", if you can call it that. I've been going through stuff in the garage that DH brought home when his company was sold... hmmm... maybe 5 years ago?... probably more. Boxes of files that I have taken out the stuff inside and either saved for scrap or tossed in the recycle bin. The folders I'm cutting up for card bases and then using some of my pattern papers to glue on the front, so I have a plethora of ready card bases. And I didn't even make a small dent in my papers. I used ONE of the cards for my DTGD challenge. Now I need to find a place to put all those card bases.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (07-26-2021), Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), JRHolbrook (07-26-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 09:43 AM   #882  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

I’ve been busy in the kitchen all morning cleaning up messes that have accumulated over the last few days of being out of the house a lot. Whew! Kept my focus and got it done. Now to get to town to get my glasses adjusted. I’m tired of headaches.

Puppy is doing well and keep me busy, but a good busy.
It’s so hot today. Glad to be indoors.
The following 2 users liked this post by luvtostampstampstamp:
Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), JRHolbrook (07-26-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #883  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

My kitchen and living room are total messes! We had to move stuff into the living room so we could move old fridge to make room for new one. we are not having them take the old refrigerator because our electric company we'll take it and give us $35. I will just have them bring the new one in and once it is cold I will transfer things over and then we will move the old one outside. They better not change their plans because I'm counting on it to be here tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
JRHolbrook (07-26-2021)
Old 07-23-2021, 12:37 PM   #884  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Hi everyone! I went straight into household chores this morning without stopping to check in here. I've got laundry going, I've already cleaned the bathroom, dusted, and vacuumed. I also tackled a couple of messy spots in my room. I have more to do but stopped for lunch.

I think I'd like to try a glass top stove. I prefer gas stoves now, after having gotten used to one in southern California, but we don't have gas here. I have seen things that made me afraid of a glass top though. Stuff like they are hard to keep clean and scratch free, you have to have special cookware, etc. Is that all different now? Based on Jan's comment, I'd say it must be.

Kathy, I definitely prefer my freezer on the bottom. Isn't it great that we have options available to us? I don't like side by side refrigerators but love the French door with freezer on the bottom.

Goodness, that little kitten is adorable! And still so tiny! How old is he now? DD2 now wants a hat just because of that photo - though Wesley is too big now.

Jayne, I so agree with you that gas is easier to regulate. It definitely took me a while to adjust to it but now I prefer it and haven't had it since. I hope your DH is feeling better today.

Jean, it sounds like you have been busy with fun stuff. And I'm with you on wondering if I have shared something here before!

That sounds like quite the chore you are doing, Melody. I have a number of chores like that which I need to do. I need to just jump in and get going on it.

Rebekah, isn't it amazing how quickly the kitchen can descend into chaos?! Good job getting it done, hopefully your glasses are perfect for you now too.

It is always a chore to get new appliances, Kathy, but so worth it. I'm excited for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
Old 07-23-2021, 12:54 PM   #885  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,752 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I rent, first time having a glass top stove. Really like it. Of course I'm not the first one to use it, but I think it's held up well. I use a cast iron mostly, works great.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by jkanack:
Old 07-23-2021, 03:20 PM   #886  
Proud Fan Club Member

I started out with a gas stove. Didn't want to change but now forever electric. Didn't think I'd want glass top, but decided it would be easier to clean. They called and the fridge will be here between 11:30-3:00. They will call a half hour out.

Catherine, yes I'm grateful we all have different tastes. The world would be boring if we were all the same. And tell DD2 to get the hat because cats say "if I fits, I sits!!) LOL DH has designated that hat is Dean's now.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 07-23-2021, 09:53 PM   #887  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Guess what no fly screen, apparently it was delivered to the next town and will be here Monday, honestly! Luckily not anything desperate.

it’s so hot, had the aircon on last night as the fan just wasn’t cooling us down, it was humid too! I slept really well strangely enough.

GSs in SF went to art summer camp, both ended up ill , the youngest had to have a COVID test, fingers crossed he is ok, he’s the only one who hasn’t had a vaccine, apparently the class started off with seven and ended up with two due to the illness.

youngest GS in England fell off his scooter going to the beach, a lady came out of her house and cleaned his elbow and knee and put a plaster on but he was so upset he just wanted to go home, next morning, still a wounded soldier, until his friends mum emailed to say they were all meeting at the castle park, he was up dressed and just wanted a banana for breakfast he was in such a hurry to get there, what a miraculous recovery.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jan31:
Old 07-23-2021, 09:55 PM   #888  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm another that prefers a gas stove. That's what I grew up with. The thing I like most about it is you get instant heat and instant lowering of the heat, whereas electric takes longer. But our first house had an electric stove and this one has no gas hookup in the kitchen, so electric it is. And I do really love the glass top. DH does all his own cooking now and he is a messy cook, The glass top is so much easier to clean.

Catherine, the reason we are working on cleaning up that stuff in the garage is because DH got a bike and needs a place to park it, and then DS bought him a big fancy golf cart that is much easier to push or pull and, unless you fold it up completely, it takes a bit of space to put it as well. One half of our garage is still pretty full of stuff from the office. I'm not sure how many more boxes there are.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
Old 07-24-2021, 07:53 AM   #889  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

We have a painter here doing a couple of ceilings and then he's got some outside work to do. We had to clear out some spaces so he could put his little ladder in to reach a couple of places. What a mess we have. I took a shower this morning and am totally drenched again. But I now have cleared a spot that hasn't seen the light of day in years... oops. Have I told you that I hate to clean?
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
Old 07-24-2021, 10:24 AM   #890  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm still waiting on my refrigerator! They said between 11:30-3:30. Looks like it is now closer to 3:30.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-26-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 04:11 PM   #891  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Kathy, I hope you have it by now.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by smadson:
Old 07-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #892  
Proud Fan Club Member

They got here a little before 4. I have everything switched over from the old fridge and then cleaned the old fridge out. Our electric company is picking it up on August 5th and giving me $35. It would have cost me $20 for them to haul my old one away when they brought the new one. Now hopefully the stove arrives on time Thursday.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-26-2021), smadson (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 07:52 PM   #893  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Waving hello

Congrats Kathy!!! Kathy- just hook up the new stove and check the gas before you get rid of the old one! We have a gas leak and have had not stove since the 6th- even with company here- no stove!
I love gas cooking, but just read in the future, they will try to go all electric for the environment!
In our area, Nicor used to pick up appliances, but no longer does-since the pandemic. Hubby put ours on Craigslist for free and found a family that needed a refridge, stove, etc and they came and picked up all of them. They also want the dishwasher. Can you imagine not having all of these appliances?
We have been cooking in a fondue pot (that has a temp regulator on it)- so can even make pasta in it- it's small though.....and saute veg's and cook fish...lol but it is small. I have a roaster in the basement that I have baked a couple of things in.

My stomach is still blah....( have to stay close to the restroom.).. Hubby has developed a sinus issue with a bronchial cough. It came on last evening- he has been using the Zinc and even took 2 naps today! Very unusual for him. DIL and baby both have sinus problems now as does Katie- but she is an energizer bunny- and is in Puerta Rico....

DH's sis Diane got her test results back and there is malignant cancer in her lymph node. She is fact searching about what to do next- has 2 doc appts next week but wants to get back to Mexico. At 75 and in her current state, not a candidate for surgery because of the location of the positive lymph.. She will meet with oncologist Tuesday.
Please pray for God's will for her!

I was able to see all of the video's for the Card maker Summit after all...... Some of the video's and techniques were not new to me, some were. I will play around with some of the techniques this week!

Waving hello to all- stay cool!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
Old 07-24-2021, 08:20 PM   #894  
Proud Fan Club Member

My stove is electric so no gas worries. We had gas years ago....but have been electric since 1982.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-26-2021)
Old 07-25-2021, 12:15 PM   #895  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! It is re-attach the siding to the house day. Yay!

Jean, that is good news about the glass top stove. When we go to replace ours here, I think that is what we want to get.

Kathy, so glad you have your new refridgerator. Yay!

Jan, deliveries have been making strange trips between the sender and recipient lately. It has definitely caused delays. Glad your GS had a miraculous recovery!

Melody, the instant heat is one of the biggest reasons why I prefer gas to electric stoves. Whatever the reason for going through stuff, it is great to get it done. And I'm with you, cleaning is not something I prefer to do. I have so many other things I'd rather be doing!

Shelly, I know they are trying to get everyone to electric here. This house is only electric. That said, I'm not sure they look at the big picture for environmental consequences of switching everything to electric. They certainly leave out the impacts of electric cars on the environment.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by cdimick:
Old 07-26-2021, 04:35 AM   #896  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Good morning...no chat today, yet...I see I missed a lot this past weekend. Lots of family time lately. Today, I have a funeral at 11 a.m. My uncle passed away but it was a blessing. My aunt has only been able to see him a few times this last year because of Covid. She's in assisted living and he was in a nursing home. Such an awful time for many elderly people this past year or so.

I got my new computer cord...did I tell you that our puppy, Abby, chewed up my Macbook cord? She chews EVERYTHING! Lucky they are so cute.

Speaking of cute, all those kitty pictures are so adorable Kathy! Glad you got your new refrigerator. We have a glass top stove in Payson. I do like it but I have a story to tell about what not to do...of course, I did it! I was talking to DH on phone one day and noticed that there was a spot on the glass top stove. Mindlessly, I licked my finger and rubbed the spot while talking. I screamed and DH, says, "What now?" Needless to say, the stovetop was still hot and I burnt my finger!!! Gracie strikes again!

Catherine, what happened to your siding? Was it because DH put in new window?

Shelly, sounds like you've been busy. I like how you've improvised with no stove! I'm so sorry to hear that your DH's sister has cancer. Sending up prayers. I hope you and DH feel better soon, too.

Melody, I'm with you...I hate to clean too. I love to organize though. Great idea to use the folders for card bases!

Jan, I hope you can get the fly screen soon. What a miracle cure for your GS and how sweet that the woman that saw him fall, helped clean and bandage his wounds!

Jayne, you are really on a creative roll. It seems, I have no time for anything lately.

Good morning to Ann, Sharon, Shirl, Jean, Rebecca, Dagmar, and everyone...have to get going...another busy day. Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (07-26-2021), Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), Ozpom (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 07:11 AM   #897  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning everyone! Son number four went back to California on Sunday but then my Aunt and Uncle came over with a cousin from out of state. So the entire weekend was family! So different from the last year and so good to see everyone!

Attached is a picture of my five sons! Middle one is the one from California and the tallest at 6'5".

Of course as soon as the put their arms around each other I was in tears! Yup, those are my babies!

Have to catch up on all the chatter now! Hugs to all of you!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 15 CHAT May 5 - Oct. 27, 2021-sons-7-24-21.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 7 users liked this post by annsforte3:
Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), jan31 (07-26-2021), JRHolbrook (07-26-2021), lacyquilter (07-26-2021), mcschmidty (07-26-2021), Ozpom (07-26-2021), smadson (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 07:13 AM   #898  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ouch, Gracie. I make sure I always check if any lights are still on on the stove. Two lights if a burner is still on and one light if there is a hot one. That's also a good warning if someone forgot to turn off a burner.

Good Monday morning. I hope you are all having a great day.

We went to a funeral on Saturday. One of DH's best friends passed away. He had a lot of medical issues - kidney failure, heart problems, and within the last couple of years had both legs amputated, but his death was still unexpected.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
annsforte3 (07-26-2021), Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), JRHolbrook (07-26-2021), mcschmidty (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 07:14 AM   #899  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Great picture, Ann. You must have had a fabulous weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by lacyquilter:
Old 07-26-2021, 07:43 AM   #900  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,752 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Thank you to Shirley for the lovely birthday card. I'm leaving on Friday for my Michigan birthday vacation. So excited to go this year, didn't happen last year.
Ann, your guys look like they can handle just about anything. I'm sure you're proud of them. I saw a commercial over the weekend for a new fall show on NBC called Ordinary Joe. My son's name is Joe and I think he is an Extraordinary Joe.
Was it this thread where someone was looking forward to watching Unforgotten?? I finished it. I am rewatching season 3 to remind myself of a few things.
I'm sad to hear some are not feeling well (yet), some funerals have been attended (a part of life but...), puppies have chewed cords (neighbor has new Golden Retriever puppy named Penny), stoves aren't working, and whatever else we all have going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by jkanack:
annsforte3 (07-26-2021), Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), JRHolbrook (07-26-2021), mcschmidty (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 08:03 AM   #901  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, what a great picture!!! Gotta love our boys!

Gracie, that thought of burning myself has been in my mind for sure. Speaking of burned fingers, remember about 2 weeks ago when I burned my finger? It never blistered. Well guess what? Yesterday it started to bubble up and blister! I cut off the dead skin and it is not sore but here's a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 15 CHAT May 5 - Oct. 27, 2021-img_20210726_091552130.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
Old 07-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #902  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Kathy, that looks like it must have hurt! Hugs!

Speaking of stove tops! I too have the glass one. Years ago a cousin of my x wondered if the stove top stayed hot for awhile after using it! You got it he touched it! Duh! And this guy was an engineer, you think he would have known better! LOL!

The electric takes some time to get used to but I have cooked on them for 40 years and I like it. In the early years when I had one the tops were not as easy to clean. Special cleaners needed to be used and you were suppose to polish them.

I am going to need a new stove soon. The electric control was replaced but the display goes out now and then. Not looking forward to having to replace it, since it is a double oven. Not the kind that are out now, but an oven on the top and one on the bottom.

Off to do laundry and put away serving dishes from the weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by annsforte3:
Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), JRHolbrook (07-26-2021), mcschmidty (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 08:16 AM   #903  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Yay the siding is back on the house. Of course, during this project we discussed getting new siding for the house as we don't like the stuff that is on the sides and back of the house. The front has a different siding. Our neighbor had concrete siding installed and it looks fabulous.

I made a couple of cards for DTGD yesterday along with my final sketch challenge cards. For the sketch cards, I completely forgot to incorporate this week's alphabet challenge. I don't know where my head was! I also did an overdue job of cleaning out the refrigerator. We definitely had some science experiments growing in there!

Gracie, so glad you popped in. You are so busy! Sorry you have a funeral to attend today. Yes, the siding was off due to the new window installation. Last Friday, DH talked to someone who told him how contractors deal with the situation he has with the windows so he is going to try that method for the other window in DD2's room. And ouchie, ouchie for your finger.

What a wonderful photo of your boys, Ann. So good to see them. I'm glad you had a weekend with them and other family. That is wonderful.

Jean, I panicked when I read you are leaving Friday for your birthday weekend. Quick check of the birthday list, whew! Your birthday is the same day as my brother's birthday.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by cdimick:
Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), JRHolbrook (07-26-2021), mcschmidty (07-26-2021), Ozpom (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 08:22 AM   #904  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ouch, Kathy, Delayed blistering? Hope it heals quickly.

Ann, your double oven situation is what I had in Southern California. I miss having two ovens. And that place was a gas oven/stove unit. Now just have electric and one oven. Our kitchen in this house is small though, so there really isn't room for a second oven anyway. Your CA son makes his brothers look short though I don't think they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by cdimick:
Old 07-26-2021, 04:06 PM   #905  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, delayed blistering! Never heard of it, but I burned it on the 4th of July and it started blistering yesterday. The good news is that the skin underneath when I peeled was already toughened so it didn't get sore. I didn't realize it was that long ago but my friend found the text I had sent her the day I did it. And then it triggered my memory. I remember thinking I wouldn't forget the date since it happened on the 4th of July! Some memory I have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #906  
Proud Fan Club Member

This is what my finger looks like tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 15 CHAT May 5 - Oct. 27, 2021-img_20210726_200626742.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-26-2021), mcschmidty (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 06:21 PM   #907  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, what a great photo of your 5 sons! Wow, what a crew Mama! Love it!

Kathy, that is the weirdest thing about your burn! I'm glad it healed up underneath!

Catherine, glad your siding is back on the house and you it sound like you got lots of cards made! You go girl!

The funeral was at a Lutheran church and the minister had a very good sermon and spoke very highly of my uncle. They had the military honor guard at the cemetery with gun salute and they played TAPS...always brings tears to the eyes. My mom and aunt (whose husband passed away) are the only 2 siblings left out of 11 (10 girls and 1 boy) and now no spouses are left. They looked so tiny and frail (88 and 86 years). It was wonderful to see so many cousins show up for the funeral! I have a lot of cousins!!!

Well, I'm signing off for the night! Hoping to make cards tomorrow! Have a good night...we're suppose to get thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow...hopefully, nothing severe.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), mcschmidty (07-26-2021), Ozpom (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 07:42 PM   #908  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hello ladies!
I am trying to keep up, but no stamping for a few days- Tuesdays are set aside for Zooming and stamping, and I hope to finish my last sketch card and thanks for the thought to do Alpha challenge as well Catherine!

Listening to the news- wondering of we will be wearing masks again soon. I decided to wear one today while doing errands- and noticed many more people were wearing them. I have had a sour tummy for 2 weeks- think its finally gone, and hubby has sinus with a chest cough- getting better. We did get Covid tests as a precaution and happily they were negative.
-Ann- wonderful picture of your 5 boys!
- Jean- you scared me- I am late alot for mailing my Bday cards, but I thought July was a month with no birthdays! Yeah- it is! Enjoy your time away!
-Catherine-good to get that window done!
-Kathy- ouch- and tonight looks like the white is all gone.
-Gracie- our pup Peanut (who passed in 2017 ish) chewed everything when he was a puppy. Luckily, at some point that stopped! So sorry about your uncle. And, ouch about that glass top!
Jan- what is a fly screen? Do you not have screens on your windows? Cute story about your GS and his miraculous recovery : )

Today, I went to the store about the appliances. Our order is a disaster. We are going to have to go over our credit card receipt very carefully. The manager gave me a little more $$$ off of the stove for the headaches. The dishwasher is coming tomorrow and the stove came into the store today, so he got it on a truck to be delivered tomorrow as well instead of the 31st.

I have been cooking in an electric fondue pot (3 qts) since 7/6....... even when family was here- I even boiled water and made noodles in it! LOL HERE is a picture of one

Inky hugs to all!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by mcschmidty:
annsforte3 (07-27-2021), Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), JRHolbrook (07-27-2021), Ozpom (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 09:45 PM   #909  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shelly we have fly screens on all the windows in the villa and the conservatory but the doors in the conservatory don’t have any so we've had one of those that have strips hanging down so we can leave the door open to go a flow of air.
Reply With Quote Likes
Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), JRHolbrook (07-27-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 09:48 PM   #910  
Stazon Splitcoast

It’s so hot and humid I tried to stick something and my silicone glue ran out all over the place, it’s making the card go wobbly, I had to give up, two pieces had the same hing happen, other bits keep curling up.

our eldest sons birthday today, 49, yikes, makes me feel old,ha,ha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2021, 06:02 AM   #911  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Another hot one here today!

Off to take care of Athena, she is not feeling well. The usual with her, stomach upset and throwing up! She's sleeping a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
Old 07-27-2021, 07:25 AM   #912  
Proud Fan Club Member

I still wear my mask wherever I go. I too wonder if they will be required soon. I'm glad I got my stove coming on Thursday

Bean has fleas so I bathed him again. I've been using a flea comb and Dawn dishwashing liquid to get them off of him. I think they came from him being born outside but I'm trying to find some way to trap them if they are in the house. we have mostly hardwood flooring and linoleum. The only rugs I have are throw rugs and some of those are brand-new. If anyone has any flea trap ideas I would be grateful. I can't just let stuff laying around that he could get into so I have to be careful what I do. DH just took a mattress over to the church. It was that cheap mattress he bought at Big lots. The one they gave him instead of the one he really wanted. We decided to donate it to the church and they found a home for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (07-27-2021), Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021), JRHolbrook (07-27-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 07:34 AM   #913  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Kathy I am so sorry to hear that about Bean. Fleas are hard to get rid of! Our first collie used to wonder off and go down by a cow farm. Yup she brought fleas into the house. Our first born was little so we could not let him on the floor at all.

We had to bring in a professional to spray the entire house! Watch yourself for tiny red spots as they bite, usually going for your ankles and lower legs as you go through the house.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-27-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 07:48 AM   #914  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, so sorry to hear that Athena is sick again!

Kathy, how annoying with the fleas. I have no idea what to do to get rid of them. Poor Dean...I love that name for your kitty,

Shelly, it sounds like you will finally have your appliances! What an ordeal it's been for you! I'm trying to get cards made, but so much company and so many activities this summer!

We had thunderstorms last night...loud with bright flashes of lightning, then it hailed! My sinuses were draining, so I got up and sat in the recliner at 3:30 a.m. Long night.

Jan, it is very humid and hot here too. We don't have air conditioning, so we use lots of fans.

Well, I'd better get at my cards for DTGD and I am waaaayyy behind on Alpha cards. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by JRHolbrook:
annsforte3 (07-27-2021), Chatterbox-1 (07-30-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 08:08 AM   #915  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It cooled down here, just the tease before the heat up which comes tomorrow. We so desperately need rain where the fires are - but no thunderstorms please! Today the lighting outside looks more like fall lighting due to smoke in the air from fires north and east of us. Not sure which one is sending us smoke though. Praying for the fire fighters. I have heard that the big fire in Oregon near Stacy (JBGreenDawn) they've said won't be put out without a significant rain event.

Kathy, your finger looked good last night. Glad the skin toughened under there too. Sorry, no help with fleas from me either.

Gracie, I hope you get some time to make cards. Did I see that you are hosting a challenge for DTGD? I'm with you, taps always brings tears to my eyes. And I have a lot of cousins too - seven of them back in Wisconsin/Minnesota.

You're welcome, Shelly. I usually tried to combine those but, for whatever reason, my mind wasn't working when I made my sketch cards. Yay that your stove should be delivered today, may it be perfect! And glad he took some money off for all the hassles! You have done well MacGyvering a way to cook without a stove. I probably would have said take out or we are grilling a lot!

Jan, sorry it is so hot and humid there. I don't think I'd be very productive then.

Ann, sorry about Athena, poor girl!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-27-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 02:06 PM   #916  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!! WE are at the half way point of round 15! Can you believe it!

Keywords: ABC15M13, ABC15, and your personal keyword

Letter of the week is "M" and the technique is masking tape!

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-28-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 02:54 PM   #917  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Oh Kathy I am so sorry to hear that about Bean. Fleas are hard to get rid of! Our first collie used to wonder off and go down by a cow farm. Yup she brought fleas into the house. Our first born was little so we could not let him on the floor at all.

We had to bring in a professional to spray the entire house! Watch yourself for tiny red spots as they bite, usually going for your ankles and lower legs as you go through the house.
I gave Dean a bath again today and combed him out later and so far so good. We don't have bites so I'm guessing they were just hanging out on him. I found him chasing something in his litter box and it turned out to be a stink bug. Not sure how that got in the house but I captured him and he is now outside

Our stove comes Thursday. I'll be glad because the news about the variant virus gets worse. I quit listening to the news. I'm tired of it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-27-2021), JRHolbrook (07-28-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #918  
Proud Fan Club Member

My fan club renewal hadn't posted yet. Mine expires on the 31st and they cashed my check last week. Can't seem to get an answer from anyone about it....I'm hoping to play at least a little in DTGD
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (07-27-2021), JRHolbrook (07-28-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 04:05 PM   #919  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

Hello everyone,
I have been busy with thing and life. I have some me time now. So I check in glad my sister let use her pay pal do my My fan club renewal. So we can play in DTGD. I hope everyone is well. I can't believe no one check on me.
Reply With Quote Likes
JRHolbrook (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 01:56 AM   #920  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Popping on to say a quick hello....too much chat to catch up and comment but I am thinking of you all. Good to see you here Linda. You have been quiet.

I've been busy catching up on my DTGD samples and just finished my own challenge samples. I don't like what I did but I still have Shelly's challenge to make samples for and then may discard one of mine I made today and make another. I just never know when to stop when I make something.

We have my MIL here from tomorrow for a couple of days and then a family get together on Saturday so not sure when I will be able to create again. I may have to escape LOL.

Hope everyone is well and those who have had new items are enjoying their purchases. Hugs to you all.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Ozpom:
annsforte3 (07-28-2021), JRHolbrook (07-28-2021)