Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Suppliers

Where online are people buying stamp pads. I've been cleaning out a bit and it looks like all my favorite brands are out of the dye ink business. Wondering where I'm going to buy pads now. Help anyone? I can't even find the suppliers I used to like.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2021, 02:18 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 598 Likes on 244 Posts

As a Stampin' Up! demo, I am going to say their pads first. If there is a color I want that SU doesn't have, I buy Catherine Pooler from scrapbook.com and CTMH. It seems ink pads are one of the many products that are not readily available at this time because of supply chain problems world wide.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2021, 04:50 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts

I buy the Stampin Up pads and the refills. I just ordered the little "ink spot" pads that you can refill with any color. I figured it'd save money over buying the pad+refill at the same time... Walmart used to carry our supplies but they've dwindled down to a few Cricut machines, pads, blades, cardstock, scrapbook papers and some fiskars items. No other craft store near me, so Stampin Up has been my go-to for nearly all my craft needs. Luckily, there is a demonstrator only about 9 miles from me and she has a card class once a month so I can readily order items.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2021, 04:55 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,900 Posts

I like SU ink pads and their colors match paper, ribbon, etc. There are other brands that are good as well, depending on what kind you like.

Gina K Designs is a felt pad and she has cardstock to match. She has no ribbon or markers, but she has a chart where she matched ink colors to other brands of markers, or used to. Her website is here: https://ginakdesigns.com/product-cat...v=7516fd43adaa

Lawn Fawn has felt pads as well. They have the same drying formula as Gina K Designs ink, meaning they go on splotchy and dry even. They have paper that matches their ink pads, but no markers. https://www.lawnfawn.com/collections/ink-pads

If you like foam pads, like SU, there is a thread on this site where they were talked about, recently. I will see if I can find it.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
pnzimmer (11-24-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 04:56 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Here is the comparison thread about foam ink pads: Which brands have FOAM dye ink pads? by melissa59 at Splitcoaststampers
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2021, 04:35 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 255 Likes on 138 Posts

I used to like SU linen ink pads and the ability to get refills for them, but I do not like the foam pads they make now. The reinkers don't sink in and the stamps make an impression that don't totally go away. I do like how all of SU products match.

Last edited by jeanne3579; 11-24-2021 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: mistake
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2021, 05:24 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 735 Likes on 357 Posts

What ink pads did you like?
If you want Marvy-their re-inkers are still around although the pads are discontinued (but you can buy blank pads) ....that's an older brand....

Memento is still around. Another older brand.

There are other older brands but you mentioned dyes in particular.

Gina K is very popular.

As mentioned...depends if you want inks that match cardstock or not.

Keep in mind-limited factories-so there is a lot of overlap with colors at the companies that they just give a different name to. Which is why people like me are not brand loyal-I go by colors.

With Black friday sales today it is good opportunity for you to try a couple of brands and see what you like and what works with the base paper you usually use. That matters.
Reply With Quote Likes