Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2021, 03:33 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Which brands have FOAM dye ink pads?

I purged all my old dye ink pads, some of them more than 20 years old. It was time.

A friend gifted me a Catherine Pooler ink pad and I love it. Takes some getting used to the foam but I like it enough that I plan to go that direction. However, I don't want to limit myself to just Catherine Pooler if there are other brands that use foam pads with their dye inks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2021, 05:01 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 349 Likes on 263 Posts

Here is a video from Rebecca Keppel with new dye inks that are foam:

She mentions Concord and Ninth, The Stamp Market, and Catherine Pooler. She is comparing the three.

The Stamps of Life is foam. My Favorite Things say they are foam. I know they used to be as I have one gifted to me from many years ago and the new ones say foam. Stampin Up has been foam for a long time. I do like the newest ink pads as they do a better job, I think.

Featured Stamper #671
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
melissa59 (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperForums at Splitcoaststampers
She mentions Concord and Ninth, The Stamp Market, and Catherine Pooler. She is comparing the three.

The Stamps of Life is foam. My Favorite Things say they are foam. I know they used to be as I have one gifted to me from many years ago and the new ones say foam. Stampin Up has been foam for a long time. I do like the newest ink pads as they do a better job, I think.
Wow. I didn't know there were so many foam lines available. A friend recently gave me a Catherine Pooler ink pad and I really like it, though it does take a little getting used to. I want to replace my 20-year-old ink pads but am not interested in a monogamous relationship with any particular brand. This video helps. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2021, 03:05 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foam dye ink pad

Catherine Pooler dye pads, wondering what takes getting use to? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2021, 03:21 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaBCForums at Splitcoaststampers
Catherine Pooler dye pads, wondering what takes getting use to? Thank you.
I'm guessing if you have never used a foam pad at all, it takes getting used to. It is really easy to over ink your stamps with a foam pad if you have never used them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2021, 07:43 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1AuntForums at Splitcoaststampers
I'm guessing if you have never used a foam pad at all, it takes getting used to. It is really easy to over ink your stamps with a foam pad if you have never used them.
You are absolutely correct. I've been using the older style ink pads (felt/linen style dye ink pads) for over 20 years. Heard rave reviews of the new style foam ink pads offered by a variety of different stamp companies, so I bought a set. Absolutely hated them and couldn't sell them fast enough. Now, please note that I am not slamming any of these companies who make/sell these style of ink pads, it's that we just couldn't get along! It didn't matter how hard I tried, what stamps I used (red rubber or photopolymer), paper/cardstock, acrylic block or stamping platform, EVERYTHING I tried was an epic fail. I do believe that there is a learning curve with them and if you're starting out with them and are successful, go with it. I'm back to using what works for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
123scrap (10-27-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 08:43 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

I strongly suggest you don't use Catherine Pooler Midnight ink on your clear stamps, I haven't found ANYTHING to remove it and it you press too hard, you'll not be able to tell what they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2021, 08:44 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

I love my Catherine Pooler inks!!

I'm a chemo angel. Click here for more information: https://www.chemoangels.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2021, 09:37 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 349 Likes on 263 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancingpurplecatForums at Splitcoaststampers
I strongly suggest you don't use Catherine Pooler Midnight ink on your clear stamps, I haven't found ANYTHING to remove it and it you press too hard, you'll not be able to tell what they are.
Midnight is her archival ink, which will stain your stamps. With any archival ink that is foam based, pressing too hard will make it difficult to read.

The Stamps of Life has Forever Black which is archival and will stain your stamps, also foam based.

My Favorite Things has Extreme Black Hybrid Ink Pad. They say use Ultra Clean to remove the ink from the stamps. Not sure if this one is foam.

I think with any foam new-to-you ink pads there is a learning curve to know how far to press the stamp, how to remove the ink, when to re-ink, and be very careful with the archival inks.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2021, 11:55 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperForums at Splitcoaststampers
Midnight is her archival ink, which will stain your stamps. With any archival ink that is foam based, pressing too hard will make it difficult to read.

The Stamps of Life has Forever Black which is archival and will stain your stamps, also foam based.

My Favorite Things has Extreme Black Hybrid Ink Pad. They say use Ultra Clean to remove the ink from the stamps. Not sure if this one is foam.

I think with any foam new-to-you ink pads there is a learning curve to know how far to press the stamp, how to remove the ink, when to re-ink, and be very careful with the archival inks.
I use Inkon3 Inkoff stamp cleaner, it removes my archival inks and other inks with no problem. CP Midnight is the only ink I've ever had a problem removing, so I just don't use it anymore. Yes, just a light tap with the foam pad inks. I started with SU inks, but when they changed the clamshell design I couldn't get them open due to arthritis so I switched to CP and C&9th. I also have Gina K, and TH distress oxides and distress minis.
Reply With Quote Likes
lovinpaper (10-27-2021)