Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #441  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hi friends!

YEAH, free time! My "boys" are off Boy Scout camping this weekend and I skirted out of that. No thanks! Dh and little man are off doing some 'male bonding' while my dd17 and I are enjoying one on one time ♥ With 4 kids, that doesn't happen!

Like. Ever.

Ching, enjoy DisneyLand! For us, it's Disney WORLD ...... we are just tuckered out after days of the parks. We tend to go one after the other (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot) and are just exhausted by then! Have fun and Happy Birthday to the little Princess!

I hoped to get inky this weekend while the boys were away but I'm guessing this is just a season of life where crafts/blogs have taken a little downshift - it's harder and harder to squeeze the time in. I miss it TERRIBLY. I think lack of a proper space definitely changed the way my mojo flows! Jeanette, your cart is sweet!

*sending love and hugs!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2016, 05:26 AM   #442  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning! Yesterday I took a surprise road trip to Green Bay to watch my little cousin in her last high school basketball game for State and they won!! It was super awesome and a really good game! I'm still struggling to handle that she's graduating from High School in a few months!

Ching: I went to Disneyland once when I was 12 because we were in the area for a work conference for my mom. But like Kelly I'm more of a Walt Disney World fan. Although I have family that lives in Phoenix and there are thoughts and talks of visiting her that I can hopefully swing to have a trip to Disneyland!

Jeanette: You sure are busy! But it sounds like fun and I hope you enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2016, 07:40 AM   #443  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI all! My son is back from his first Boy Scout camp (dh did accompany him, it was just a 3 day trip up the state!) BIG FUN was had, but he came home with a flu! He's home today resting and watching tv on the couch with his stuffed doggie, Relish (shhh, don't tell him I said that - hee hee!)

That also means I'm actually HOME! YAY! A good feeling ♥

Sami, congrats to your niece on the win!! What a game that must have been! I can just hear the crowds and cheers. Yes, time is zipping by.
Who is the cutie that's in your avatar picture with you? Looks like a sweet pup!

It's Spring Break for the college kids here (my 2 oldest) and next week is the public school (2 youngest!) wish it could have been the same week but we'll make it work ♥

Shelly, my heartfelt prayers go out to you and my heart aches for your loss. May He surround you with comfort and solace and know we are thinking of you, my friend.

I hope to get to your blogs today or tomorrow - I have no forgotten you all and your beautiful creations .......... just need to find a way to craft and blog in my sleep, LOL! :cool:

*sending hugs to all!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2016, 11:29 AM   #444  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Kelly. I don't have siblings so my cousins are basically the closest thing I have to siblings. In fact that particular cousin used to come stay with me for family weekend at my college the first 2 years I was there. But it was awesome to be able to be there to see her play in real life. It's the only one of her games I've been able to go to. And they wouldn't have won if she hadn't had shot 2 3 pointers with only a few minutes left!

The pup in my picture doesn't actually belong to me... We have an organization here called Door County Sled Dogs and in the winter when the weather is right they come to a park near me and give sled rides for a $15 donation and you can also meet and great with the dogs. That picture is from 2010 the first time we went with one of the dogs from the team. They rescue Husky's and have about 14 dogs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2016, 11:47 AM   #445  
Die Cut Diva

Received 940 Likes on 861 Posts

Sami...Is Door County where you are from? I have a summer home up there in Baileys Harbor. I have been "Summering" in Baileys Harbor since 1968. My sister also has a home up there right across the street from me. Love it up there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #446  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm actually from the Milwaukee area. But I've applied for a few jobs in Door County and it's definitely high on list of ones that I want!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2016, 07:45 AM   #447  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,989 Likes on 3,874 Posts

Good Morning Friends!

(Remember me?)
Sheesh! I left last Friday, said I'd be back Monday... then instead of having an amazing weekend like I'd planned, I ended up floored (literally!) with Brock's virus. It hit me hard. I slept about 14 hours on the floor outside my bathroom door... then became well enough to move to the sofa - in the next room for a day and a half. Then yesterday, though feeling somewhat better, I was still too weak to function. Yikes! This but was brutal. I'm still weak... but determined to accomplish something today. Not sure what??? Oh, wait, yes... I do know what. I MUST go to the store - Brock is completely out of Pop Tarts! How does a mom let that happen???

I'm also washing all of the bedding in the house today! These germs are bye-bye!

hmmmmmmmmm... I see we haven't heard back from Ching. I sure hope she survived Disneyland. ;)

I actually loved Disneyland as a child...... was there several times! Then as an adult I was able to go to Disney World... and love it even more! Both are such fun!!!

Tee Hee! Sami, it was supposed to be a fun weekend. Oh well... maybe this weekend will be.... I'm leading another VBS workshop this weekend.

Sue, my most favorite thing about our one and only trip to Door County was the Cherry Fudge. Oh. my. goodness. It was to die for! I've looked and looked for a recipe to try to re-create it.......... after I tried purchasing it and having it shipped to my home, which they said they don't do. No luck. So I just dream of delicious cherry fudge and long for a nibble!

Kelly, so sorry little man got the bug. UGH! That's the pits!!!

Shelly, I am heartbroken for you and your family! HUGS!!!

Waving to everyone else and...

leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #448  
Die Cut Diva

Good Afternoon!!! Kind of a dreary day here and we have the Primaries. I hope the yucky weather doesn't keep the voters away. Here at our house we will be celebrating St Patty's day early. Seems we all have commitments on thurs so Today it is!! My grandson was all excited about baking a cake for after dinner. As soon as he got home from preschool he started gathering the baking supplies. Such a goof. We also had to make the cake green. Oh Boy! Then somehow he conned me into making bread too:shock: This is going to be a Big Dinner thanks to him! LOL

Kelly I hope the flu bug has flown out of your house. So hard to have sick children.:(

Sami I sure hope you get one of those "High on the List" jobs. Good Luck!

Jeanette....if your really good maybe this summer I can send you some Cherry fudge....heehee

Well time to check on the rising of the bread enjoy your day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #449  
Insane Embellisher

Hi ladies.

I am VERY excited - we finally have rain here!!!! We have been in a drought and we were rapidly running out of water for the house and animals. So happy day here

Kelly - I hope your son feels better really quickly. On my blog the lines through the challenges mean they are closed.

Sami - am glad you had a fantastic night watching your cousin.

Jeanette - I hope you are feeling loads better.

Cripes all this talk of disney land and walt disney world, you are all making me really jealous! I don't think I will EVER get to visit either, although my dad did when I was a little girl and bought me back a wooly hat and scarf with mickey mouse on them, I still have them 30 years later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 04:21 AM   #450  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Friends!

Anyone feel like this?

I tell you, I'm still not adjusted to the time change. Brock either... he was actually asleep when I went in to "wake" him for work a bit ago.

HIGH ON MY TO DO LIST - BE VERY GOOD! Sue, I will try my best! ;) I would be willing to buy the fudge and pay the cost of shipping... to be able to enjoy the deliciousness again.

Lou, YAY for rain! So glad you're getting some drought relief!

Ladies, I'm going to do my very best to get to the blogs today! I want to drool over your creativeness!!!

Oh, and just in case you run into this guy when you're out and about today, you can be assured the cops are watching him...

Leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 05:18 AM   #451  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

*waving hello! So much to do today, and very little time at home, so I'm dashing by ....

Sue, I'm all about cake for dinner! Hands. Down. I hope it was big fun ♥

Lou, good to know! I did wonder! I usually forget to check back to see, lol. One day, hopefully you'll be able to see Mickey and friends! I have a LONG LONG list of places I'd like to see still .... been a lot of places, but a lot I still want to see

Jeanette, glad you are on the mend! Little man is right behind you - weak, but not worse for wear. My daughter is leaving for a 4 day Disney Trip on Thursday and she is just now getting the sniffles and freaking out - it is NOT the time to be sick!

Sami, I bet those pups are so cute! What a great cause, and such good awareness and good campaigning for fund raising! I hope you get a call back soon. Meanwhile, we craft and blog, right?!

Sending hugs to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 06:00 AM   #452  
Die Cut Diva

Just a quick drop in. I want to accomplish alot today but we shall see! LOL We are having a super duper windy day here in Chicagoland. I'm hoping the trees stay upright! Wishing you all a wonderful day!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 06:05 AM   #453  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, I'm glad to hear little man is improving.......... but NO! your DD cannot - CANNOT - get the bug! She has places to go, fun to have. No sickies!!!

Sue, try not to blow away........ but IF the wind is from the north and you blow away, maybe you'll end up in my yard... I live about 5-6 hours south of you. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #454  
Mad Swapper

Lou, I envy you having rain. We Angelenos seriously never saw El Nino. It's sunny, warm in mid to high 70's. It did rain for a few hours the weekend of my neice's 2nd Birthday family getaway at Disneyland last weekend but that's about it.

I love Disney. But now that I'm older, it seriously takes me a week or so to recover from a day long trip. This week at work has been tough with lots of long hours again. So thank goodness it's hump day, but so looking forward to the weekend already.

I'm bummed, the crop I wanted to attend this weekend is sold out. I'll have to act faster and pay in advance. But all is not lost. I can still crop all weekend in my pj's to finish this month's image AND play along with the virtual crop.

Will be visiting your blogs and leaving comments this weekend as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #455  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts
Default Hello

Wow- that was wild- I went to Ky for three days on 3/4 and have been there until tonight. My Dad had a huge stroke and passed on the 12th. We had the wake and funeral mass yesterday in Ky, and transport today, will bury him tomorrow at Abe Lincoln National cemetery in Illinois tomorrow.
My husband came to Ky last Friday, and glad he did- was able to visit dad before he passed.
My Mom has dementia, and it was really hard through out this experience and afterwards as she does not remember... I was going to bring her here, but was told at work I do not qualify for FMLA, so she will go to my brother's place in the town we grew up in- Kankakee, Ill. It will be much easier than running to Ky so mych- he lives just about 1 1/2 hours from here.

I will try to get to blogs Friday- have so much catching up to do!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2016, 04:47 AM   #456  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Friends!

Shelly - (((HUGE Hugs))) My heart aches for you. Not only to lose your dad but the concerns of your mom's ongoing care. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Ching, that stinks about the crop. Hope you enjoy the selfmade crop.

leaving a trail of friendly (((HUGS)))
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2016, 11:01 AM   #457  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 459 Likes on 348 Posts

You and your family will continue to be in my every prayer during this sad time of loss, Shelly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2016, 02:25 AM   #458  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Friends!

I am checking in early this morning - Brock and I got up at 4:00 - Sheesh! So much for sleeping in a bit on his day off.

FYI - I am leaving mid-morning for the 3rd of my VBS workshops... we set up today (that takes HOURS) and lead the workshop tomorrow; then pack everything up again and head home. I'll be home by bedtime tomorrow. Since I don't do SCS on Sundays, I will see you again on Monday... I hope you have a great weekend!!!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2016, 05:33 AM   #459  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Friday! Another cah-razy week .... I am ready for the weekend!

Tonight dh and I have a "black tie" dinner hoopla thingie for his job - I never did find a dress while out looking for one, so I'm going to be LITERALLY shoe-horning myself into something from my closet - stand upright all night and refuse to eat more than a cheese cube ..... see, there you go! I got this! :mrgreen:

In my running around, I stopped in to splurge on Starbuck's limited time only Cherry Blossom Frappucino - oh ladies! It's been in the Japanese Starbucks for a year or so but it's only here for one week - ends on Sunday ... strawberries n cream, white chocolate, and matcha ... ohhh so good! I'm a hot coffee {macchiato} girl so this was new for me but worth the splurge! ♥

Have a great Friday!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2016, 06:52 AM   #460  
Die Cut Diva

Shelly...My father is also buried at Abe Lincoln National Cemetary...it is so beautiful there and the service they provide is absolutely remarkable and emotionally moving. Bag Pipes are awesome! Sorry you have health issues with your mother too. Its hard as parents get older. Both mine are gone now but I remember hte stress. Hopefully having her back here in Illinois will make it easier. At least it's closer for visits.

Ching....yes the older we get the longer it takes us to re-coup from vacations! Whats up with that!!! LOL

Jeanette...enjoy you VBS workshop..is this the last one or are there more?

Oooooo Kelly....BLACK TIE!!!! Fancy!!!! Have a great time!

I'm all set for todays craft day at the nursing home....today Bunny Baskets from paper plates. Pinterest....LOVE Pinterest! Makes this a bit easier than always relying on my brain! LOL Then this weeken we are planning on going to Celtic Fest at the Sears Center. Should be fun. We use to go to Irish Fest at my Daughter-in-laws church until they stopped doing it. I guess the people who organized it forever decided to step down and no one in that entire church stepped up to fill their shoes. Such a shame...it was so much fun. My husband and I do not belong to that church but we always volunteered and worked the beer tent where the Irish music stage was. Such a great time!! Well I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2016, 07:42 AM   #461  
Mad Swapper

oh Shelly, my condolences and hugs to you. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #462  
Mad Swapper

Shelly, as an HR professional in california, I find it hard to believe that your employer is denying you FMLA to care for your mother who has dementia. You didn't specify if she's in a care facility but I'm sure her doctor could provide you medical certification that your mother has a serious health condition which would satisfy the criteria required. See here Eldercare and the Family and Medical Leave Act

If you state that you are grieving and need to take care of your elderly mother, than yes, that reason doesn't qualify.

You can appeal to Dept of Labor if they deny it after you provide medical certification from your mother's physician. Can an FMLA denial be appealed, and if so, how?

You should have up to 12 weeks of either continuous or intermittent job protected leave for the year. If it's calendar year or rolling calendar year, that's up to your employer. Hope at least you can coordinate paid bereavement and accrued time off leave at the very least.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2016, 08:52 AM   #463  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Hi friends!

I am sitting here with a cup of tea and my phone, trying to catch up. Had to go to Convenient care this morning because I haven't been feeling well lately. Sure enough, I have an inner ear infection. Yuck. At least I can take medicine for it.

I posted to my blog yesterday, and finished one sitting in my drafts. Back dated it just to get it done. Tonight is Virtual Stamp Night, and I am hosting a challenge tomorrow afternoon. Have I made my own sample yet? No! Hopefully I will feel up to it this evening. I do have samples for tonight's challenges, so if I actually get my write up done, they will post tonight.

I am also getting ready for a workshop at a national conference in Atlanta the week after Easter. Busy, busy!

Shelly, so sorry for your loss. I hope you can sort out the FMLA details. I think smaller employers are not bound to the same things (I used to work in a non profit with fewer than 10 employees ). Regardless, it would be good for them to make some accommodations, in my opinion.

Love to read about black tie dinners, Disney trips, and VBS! Time to visit your blogs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #464  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts
Default hi

Ching, our FMLA required me to work 1200 some odd hours in the last 12 mos, and I only work 1030...... My brother has FMLA, so I am going to have to let go and let God! If it gets to the point where I need to step in, I will go Registry......

Thanks to all, it is so nice to sleep in my own bed. I got up at 6:30 cause I wanted to go to mass today at 8AM, but fell back asleep on the couch until the phone rang at 10:30...... guess I needed to catch up on sleep.

Kim- hope you feel better- I have a couple of cards to make for progressive challenges and as card captain next week for Michael Strong, so will have to check in with VSN.

Sue- I had never heard of the cemetery before, but yes, it is perfect to have buried closer to home and Mom will be buried there as well.
Your bunny baskets sound really fun : )

Kelly- Black tie- sounds fab! I hope it is fun for you and hope you find something more comfy to wear so you can relax and enjoy.

Off to create today- a bit behind...... Enjoying the sunshine- hope you have some : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #465  
Die Cut Diva

Berlycece...ouch...ear infections are horrible. Hope your feeling better soon.
Shelly...hope you catch up on some sleep.

Just wanted to quickly check in and tell everyone about my EXTREMELY WONDERFUL day at the nursing home. One woman who normally has a foul mouth and often very angry, usually just watchs us as we craft and yells out that she wants coffee or pop. If we try to ignore her outbursts, she usually decides its time for improper dress edicate (if you get my drift) Well....today she was HAPPY! (Never in 2.5 years have I seen her this way) She participated in the craft and then looked at me and thanked me for coming and letting her make such a fun craft. I wanted to shout out "WHO IS THIS WOMAN!!!" Im not sure what has changed her around, maybe its been a medication adjustment, but the woman I saw today was very pleasant. It put such a smile on my face and made my heart sigh. Its little things like that that makes me want to keep on going. Just wanted to share...it was such a joyful day! Have a wonderful weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2016, 12:37 AM   #466  
Mad Swapper

Ahhh, Shelly, yeah, the requirement is 1250 hours. Glad your family is still able to work things out. I agree, let go and let God.

It's 1:30 am here as I just got home from y 10am - Midnight crop. I didn't get there til about 2pm as I slept in and did some errands before making it out to the crop. I got one thing done only which is my new super girl card. I think whenever I'm in a social environment, I'm slow. My creativity is also a night owl so I'm fully charged now, but all of my supplies are at the store since i'm returning tomorrow. Gosh it was so nice to spread out.

Jeanette, here's all the Copics I own. That's it. I am definitely missing colors but just don't feel like buying more since they're spendy. Today, I supplemented water color pencils in colors I didn't have Copics and it worked out fine.

Sue, you're doing good work lady! That's some mighty fine endorsement there that you're making an impact!

Kelly, I'm sure you were stunning no matter what. I hope you had fun at the black tie event!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12722604_10153714880982670_1139545315_o.jpg (55.5 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2016, 09:59 AM   #467  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

OH I love it when your girls stop in and let us know all the things you're doing and your updates!

Our dinner was a hoot!! I hadn't met many people other than a few therapists on dh's staff but it worked out - I'm a social butterfly, dh is VERY VERY quiet so I mingled and chatted and laughed and enjoyed the champagne and wine :mrgreen: AND I got to sit down! :rolleyes: They were SO SWEET to have only one vegetarian dish made just for me, everyone else had all the things being served so I was very touched by their thoughtfulness.

It's Spring Break for our 2 youngest (college was this week past) so we are officially in stay-cation mode. Dh has patients and will be working sun-up to sun-down so we have some fun events planned as well as STAYING HOME!!!

I. Need. To. STAMP!!!

I'm behind in swaps, DT work, personal cards ....... time to get busy and get inky!

Shel, I'm glad to see that you are doing okay ~ your family sounds very close knit and loving. I loved the pictures of your kids together, especially hamming it up ♥ Your kids are GORGEOUS, just like mama.

Sue, your story is a riot!! I love that spunky ol gal - but glad she's playing nice and like your crafts I'm almost willing to bet that yes, she is on a very good medication now Sometimes it's figuring out what works - she may not have even been onery before, even meds cause patients to get that way, too. Adjustments are trial and error, let's just hope for your friend there that it's in a good way from now on!

*Waving to all!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #468  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 295 Likes on 194 Posts

Happy Palm Sunday!

I finally visited blogs yesterday; so many lovely creations! Wouldn't it be nice if we could stamp together?? Sigh..

I am getting ready to do a few more VSN challenges. I really wanted to be done with at least 10 by now; I had advanced notice! LOL I have 7 done and uploaded, and some ideas in my head for 4 that will hopefully be easy to complete. I also need to make a birthday card for a great-niece who turns 2 the day after Easter. We'll be visiting that side of the family next Sunday, so I can hand deliver a card. That means I can use LOTS of buttons/bows/blossoms...anything I want! :grin:

This week I will be busy with work stuff; namely final prep for a nat'l conference the week after Easter. I truly hope stamping goes well today so I am not distracted M-F!

Catch ya later...

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim in Illinois, Dirty Dozen Alum, QFTD#207, FS798, VSN Moderator
"Famous Last Words" Spring Virtual Stamp Night, April 19 & 20
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2016, 06:57 PM   #469  
Mad Swapper

Oh my, a whole weekend crop later with lots of table space, and um chatter, I only got 3 cards done for the VSN event, one of which got double duty since the image was for the Mystery Image Swap I'm in too.

I think I probably would have gotten more done at home? lol

But it sure was nice to get away. This was my last weekend of freedom. Next weekend, it's time to drive up again to retrieve the other half from his grandma's to back home here in LA with me.

I'm pooped. I think I'm going to take a nap before unloading the car and getting ready for bed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2016, 03:49 AM   #470  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Friends!

Anyone else feeling like this? LOL!

Wait! Ching, you got to go to the crop? I thought it was full. How fun!!! You have enough Copics... your coloring is great!

Kim, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Hopefully the meds will kick in quickly.

Kelly, YAY! So glad they treated you well - you are indeed a very special woman and should get special treatment - and Woo Hoo for sitting down! ;)

Sue, loved hearing about the lady's participation... and her spunk, too!

Shelly, I am glad you are at peace with the situation of your brother (who has FMLA) taking care of mom. (((HUGS)))

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2016, 03:52 AM   #471  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oops! I forgot to answer your question, Sue. I have one more VBS workshop to go... in Chicago in two weeks. The extra special treat of that one is, I will leave there and travel north (just barely into Wisconsin) to spend a couple of days with my DS!!! YAY!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2016, 06:52 AM   #472  
Die Cut Diva

Well what a busy weekend!! Went to Celtic fest as planned and the grandkids had a blast then we all went to Dooleys for a little Irish Supper. Came home at 7 crashed at 8! Yep!! Getting Old! And incase your wondering....nope...not Irish. Heehee But My husband is Scottish. Altho for the 1st 50 years of his life his family all thought they were Irish then my son did pour family history and found out they were all Scottish! NOT 1 IRISHMAN!!! I laughed my butt off! So not for the last 13 years we have been Scottish! Geez....my history was a whole lot easier since my Paternal grandparents came here from England and my Matermal ones came from Poland. My Poor children!!!!! What a mix they are!! LOL... LOL Sunday we needed to go out and get all our stuff for Easter Dinner and egg hunt for the grsand kids and grand nieces and nephew. Going to be another busy weekend ahead.

Jeanette...you'll probably be close to my neck of the woods as you leave Chicago heading north......Honk and I'll wave!!!

Ching...glad you were able to attend the crop and 3 is better than non! Besides sometimes we just need to CHAT!!

Kim in Illinois....yes it would be fun if we could all stamp together!

Kelly...glad you had a good time and that was very thoughtful of them to meet your vegetarian needs.

OOOPS....gotta go!!! Have a GREAT DAY!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2016, 09:51 AM   #473  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

A blustery day here in South Florida - chilly and Chicago windy!! We are blowing all over the place out here today - not to mention my backyard is a mess with leaves. I guess we missed the Spring is here memo! ♥

*waving!*

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2016, 03:13 AM   #474  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Friends... I hope today will be a FANTASTIC day for each of you - one filled with pleasant surprises!

Sue, I'll honk. My VBS workshop is in Broadview and I'll head to Kenosha WI... haven't looked at a map yet to see what route I'll be taking. Just know that I'm looking forward to seeing my son! I loved hearing about the heritage in your family - how funny that it changed over time. ;)

We are related to Jesse James... and when my dad did the genealogy of our family (I'm a 6th cousin), he found the elusive Jesse a bit difficult to track. My mom actually has a dish that belonged to Jesse's grandmother, that has been passed through the family a few generations.

Kelly, I hope the blustery weather doesn't put a damper on your children's spring break!

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2016, 04:27 AM   #475  
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette...how fun to be related to Jesse James! Historic! My hubby and I did a road trip last year to Kansas to see my brother. We drove through Kearney Mo (supposedly the home town of James) Wanted to stop at the Jesse James Farm but we were on a time schedule. Did you know there's a Jesse James Fest every year the 3rd weekend of Sept.? You probably do but I didn't. I love American History and love making road trips to various sites of anything historic. What an awesome treasure your mother has.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2016, 04:50 AM   #476  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sue, I did know about the fest, but have never been to it. We have been to the farm and also to his home.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2016, 03:10 PM   #477  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies! I hope everyone is doing well! I'm trying to gear up for the next couple crazy weekends I have coming up! I finally got a planner yesterday so I'm feeling a little more put together now. I was trying to hold out till I could get my hands on a happy planner. But I finally got to the point where I needed something!

Anyone have fun plans for the Easter weekend? I'm going to my grandparents house for lunch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2016, 03:35 AM   #478  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Friends!

Sami, I'm glad you found/got a planner... hopefully you'll put it to good use and then will feel so organized. How fun to be able to go to your grandparents house for Easter. We live too far from relatives to enjoy those kinds of things... so we three will hang together. We are to be at a sunrise service (6:30 AM) about an hour from our home... so that will be EARLY leaving. Breakfast at the church will follow, then we'll go immediately to their regular worship service, where my DH will preach. Probably will get home early afternoon... maybe in time for a nap before evening worship - though I'm not sure where we'll be going for that. LOL! In case you didn't know, my DH is a director or missions for an association of 26 churches, so we go to church in a different church every Sunday morning and then usually a different one that evening. Unless he is asked to preach both the morning and evening worship at the same church.

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #479  
Rubber Obsessor

Morning All,

Feels like forever since I have been here to check on everyone and say "hi". School is keeping me busy busy. Weekends are for catching up on all the stuff I can't get to during the week and then it's time to go back to school. That vicious cycle.

Thanks to those of you who have popped by my blog and left comments on the cards I posted. I barely squeaked each of those in by the deadline. Whoops.

Shelly, I'm so sorry for your loss and the things you are having to deal with. My mother-in-law is starting to exhibit signs of dementia and I don't know what we will do when we get to the point that she needs constant care. Scary to think about.

Spring break is this week. We were hoping to get our dirt bikes out, but the weather is not playing nice. Guess I'll go lounge in the tub with a book!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #480  
Mad Swapper

Sue, Celtic Fair? that sounds soo fun!!

Jeanette is a wild wild west kinda gal eh? That's so cool to discover you are a relative of Jesse James and even better that you have a dish that's been passed through so many generations. Wow!

Kelly, we've had massive winds here too so everyone's yards are a mess and my allergies are a mess too. Today is big clean up after yesterday's havoc. Good for your to enjoying girl time while your boys have their manly time.

Sami, so glad you're all sorted out with a planner. I know I'd be lost without my franklin planner and outlook calendar that's tied into my apple watch and iphone. I'd .... be.... utterly....lost!

Jeanette, you are the busiest person I know. I think I get whip lash reading about your days. lol. You definitely win with who has more copics. I'll eventually add more, just not that motivated to do so right now.

Rhoda, better getting them in even 1 second by the deadline than late at all. It's on time in my books! Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. It's a milestone we all will have to deal with someday, but not one to look forward to. Enjoy your spring break!

Work is still keeping me busy although the brunt of my projects are finally coming to an end. Now I finally see my own projects I'm prioritizing on the horizon, as I'm ready to fine tune, improve, change things up a bit to get things running smoothly. The past 5 months have been .....physically and mentally tiring.

I was able to get off the wait list and into the weekend crop this past weekend at the very last minute. Yay!! It's seriously been forever....10 years since I've attended crops and all that I enjoy about it came rushing back. Met some really nice ladies as I walked in knowing no one.

This week, is massive clean up before my other half returns from Central California. I think he's quite pooped from being main caretaker of his 96 year old Gram. There's crafting stuff ALL OVER THE PLACE. Also been visiting his mother in the nursing rehabilitative center to keep her spirits up, and this week, add the fact that I'm also house sitting for my brother while he and family are off in Hawaii. My neice's 2 year birthday celebration continues! So it's been long nights with taking out trash, taking in mail, etc after the nursing home. Tonight, I have my weekly class for my professional certification study group and after this, I'm headed to my cousin's to pick up car and ho keys for when I'm HER babysitter for her two older kids when she goes into labor on Tuesday. Then Sat is the drive up to Central California to pick up Ron and head back home to LA.

So, in a nutshell, I can't wait to have my free time back the 2nd weekend of April!! I need to really get serious about studying so I can pass my certification test to get it over and done with. I've ignored it for the past decade or so, and it's time I give in to get it too. I'm stressed as it's testing us on lots of definitions of processes that I've never used in my 23 year career. Kinda stupid in my opinion to test us on this stuff because no one is learning anything useful to actually do the job on a day to day basis.

Kim (beverlycece) - I'm feeling bummed because I don't know that I'll be able to complete any more challenges with all that is on my to do list just this week. I really enjoy the VSN events that everyone works so hard to organize. I've had soo much fun completing them all this past June. Darn work and family obligations getting in the way. lol

It's only Hump Day. Sigh. It's a short week for me at work since I'm at an offsite conference tomorrow. So trying to get as much done today and will have lot to do Friday when I return to the office.

Oh.....can I tell you how tragic it feels now....to have to clean up all my crafting stuff at home? It's like....the end of an amazing vacation and it's time to go back home to boring life. At least I have a 12 hour crop to look forward to in April.
Reply With Quote Likes