Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2006, 07:17 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was distraught earlier this week because I "misplaced" my black Stampin' Up! jacket that I earned from Great Rewards. I love that jacket and wear it all of the time. I was just sick thinking that I might have left it at a restaurant in the U.P. or something. Finally, after a couple of days, I had a thought and I found it - in my golf bag! Given how often I golf (um, once a year) it would have been a LONG time before I found it again!!!!

It seems like the only time I "lose" my stampin' stuff in a serious fashion is just after I have "cleaned up". Then I can't find anything!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 07:25 AM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
WOO HOO! Where's that music to "Rocky"? I found it! And I found an extra white gel pen, 2 extra brayers, my new box of colored brads, too! 'Course, I can't tell you where....it's way too boring. And embarrassing. Very embarrassing.

You guys are great....you always make me feel better!
So glad you found it! I'm sure it's not as embarrassing as the time I couldn't find my glasses. Guess where? In the refrigerator...LOL!!!! I have a habit of hanging them by one arm in the collar of my tops, and it must have fallen out while I was placing things in the fridge!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathleenh
Yep, I swear this works! St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost things. We couldn't find one of my son's precious toys for over a week. Finally, we prayed to St. Anthony and we found it five minutes later!

Kathleen

Another vote for St Anthony; I lost a special earring and was really upset when I told a friend; she said pray to St Anthony, the patron sent of lost things; I did and found it right away! I myself am not on such a familiar basis that I would call him Tony, Tony though!!!! LOL; I'll have to tell my Italian relatives that one!! :mrgreen:
That reminds me, my bone folder is missing, and I never did find my 1st roll of linen thread!!! I'll be calling on St Anthony soon! Thanks for the thread Betsy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danistamps
Betsy,

"Tony, Tony look around...something's lost and must be found!"

Here mom taught her this prayer to St. Anthony when she was little since he is the finder of things.

Em said it always works for her. I think I need to keep saying it, cuz my stuff is still lost:mrgreen:

ROFL! This ALWAYS works for me!!! I have lost gift certificates, pictures, even my heat gun and "Tony" always finds it for me... Just last week I couldn't find my Rolodex punch, and I said this poem. In less than 5 minutes, I found it in the kitchen drawer. I know it sounds really wierd, but it works in a freakish way at my house... Go figure! ;)

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathyc
.......That reminds me, my bone folder is missing, and I never did find my 1st roll of linen thread!!! I'll be calling on St Anthony soon! Thanks for the thread Betsy!
Did you look in the fridge? ;) Just askin'.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faereygirl
I go to search through my stamps...find the set i want and set it on the table....then keep looking through the stamp sets to find the set that I wanted....all because I forgot that I had already gotten it out. ;)
Glad to know that I'm not the only one that does this. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 07:07 AM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh man, this is a funny thread...I am the queen of putting things in a "very safe place" and then never finding them again. Once, before going out of town for a week, I hid a small ziploc bag of some jewelry items that I didn't want laying around (burglaries in my neighborhood had gone up, so I was worried!), and I stuck the bag on top of a cabinet in a bathroom. Much to my dismay, I heard the bag drop way further down behind the moulding than it should have...turned out it dropped thru a two inch slit between the wall and the cabinet, and it is there to this day....I at least know where it is ...LOL, but will probably have to disassemble my cabinet to get it out!!!!!!!! What is wrong with me!? Also I put stuff in a "safe place" and then can never find it:confused: again...Next time I am making a list - oh, I guess I'll have to make myself a note of where I hide the "list"...is there any hope?

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

glad you found what you were looking for and then some. I wish I could find my stylus (the original one- as I have already replaced it).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

oops, hit send before I wrote anything! sorry. But this thread has my laughing so hard...especially the little smiley about LMAO and loosing my mind. WHERE do you guys get those little critters?? too cute!

But back to the subject at hand (before I forget it!) it made me feel SOOO NORMAL to hear everyone else saying the same things that always happen to me! And the good news is that we are not on the Alzheimers Ward...at least not yet. But I do that kind of stuff all the time....every single thing mentioned, I bet it's happened to me too.

Once I "lost" my Tearing Edge for over a year before it turned up in a craft keeper where I had looked several times! Am ALWAYS pulling something out and then forgetting where I put it within just a couple minutes of doing it and oh my goodness, the old "I'll put this somewhere that I will be sure to remember" thing...that is ME!!! And possibly explains why I have duplicates of so many items!

About 2 years ago my husband had some "medical misadventures" and for a while was a little spotty with his memory due to some medications. Every time he would say something about being frustrated by his memory (or lack thereof) I would just laugh and say, "welcome to my worldl, now you now how "the rest of the world" lives!" Somehow he didn't find that amusing but it made my day!!! Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

It must have something to do with the artistic gene.....ya think? LOL, works for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
It must have something to do with the artistic gene.....ya think? LOL, works for me!
Ooooh. I like that one. That's going to be my new "excuse" for when I "misplace" put my crafting stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 01:40 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcmarroquin
Ooooh. I like that one. That's going to be my new "excuse" for when I "misplace" put my crafting stuff.
Ah, but does this excuse work when we can't locate non-crafting stuff?:rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2006, 05:40 AM   #53  
Vee
Glitter Guru

My stamp room has a ganuine, German street sign saying "Chaos Platz" on the wall!
I put allthe tag stamps from both the kit and the SAB set in one SU! box and wrote "all tags" on the end. IT is stored with the "t" sets.
Reply With Quote Likes