Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:58 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Organizing question?????

Can some of you tell me how you organize your stamp sets? I am constantly shifting through mine to find the one I want and it takes so long I am almost to the point where I give up and watch TV. Ha ha--any help here would be appreciated
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Well, I only have about 40 sets, so it's not TOO hard for me, but I group them by style or use -- I have Nature, backgrounds, Christmas, words/alphabets, cute, and elegant. Mine just sit on top of an old stereo console, but it works!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Lisa62 posted this message about organizing her stamps. I took her advice and it is such a good idea. I love the binders and I can really see what I have. I have my actual stamp sets in the big plastic rubbermaid containers with drawers in alphabetical order so then when I look in the binder and find something I want to use I just have to go to the letter of the name of the stamp set and grab it. This has been the best system for me by far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I have been reorganizing my supplies now that I have an 'official' stamping table and area. I have over 100 sets and bought SEVERAl of the see through storage containers with drawers, like Sterilite. The drawers are marked birthday, phrases, alphabet, all occasion etc. Most of the ones I have, have the deeper drawers, but a couple of my old ones have 4 thinner drawers. I use those for my eyelets, pearl ex, wheels, etc. So far that works for me I can usually put my hands on what I need right away.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassssionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong because someday you will have been all of these.--George Washington Carver
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Am presently in the middle of unmounting all my stamps. i really held my breath and pulled the first ones off the wood. Now I have bags of wood pieces and empty SU plastic containers. Some sets I left together, some I put the pieces in different binders. I have 8 big binders. Still have lots of stamps to go...got blisters on my fingertips from pulling off rubber! Now the stamps left have backing that is harder to remove. After about the 200th stamp you figure out which ones are gonna be problems. I wouldn't suggest UM if you are a demo, but for me it is so much better.

Ring the bell that still can ring, forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets through. Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedazzledbylife
Am presently in the middle of unmounting all my stamps. i really held my breath and pulled the first ones off the wood. Now I have bags of wood pieces and empty SU plastic containers. Some sets I left together, some I put the pieces in different binders. I have 8 big binders. Still have lots of stamps to go...got blisters on my fingertips from pulling off rubber! Now the stamps left have backing that is harder to remove. After about the 200th stamp you figure out which ones are gonna be problems. I wouldn't suggest UM if you are a demo, but for me it is so much better.
Try putting a damp papertowel over the rubber, put into the microwave for 5 seconds...rubber peels off much easier :-)...no more blisters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2006, 08:18 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I just uploaded pictures of my stamp cabinet. I am not sure if you are game to go as far as I did in storage, but it is super easy to find what you need or want. You can see EVERY set in one glance. Check out my gallery. My stamps are in "flowers, nature, garden, trees, americana, music, tea & coffee, holidays, occasions, backgrounds, words", etc.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2006, 08:45 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

i think that organizing them in the cubes you can buy from target are a great idea and even putting baskets inside the cube makes it easier that way you can sit them upight and not have to be constantly unstacking them and restacking i have this issue in my closet at this point stuff falling on my head because i have them stacked but i can assure you once I get a way to a super Target i'll be getting the cubes by all means !
Reply With Quote Likes