Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2006, 11:48 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Never Organizing AGAIN!!

I HATE it! I'm so upset with myself, lol! I have the wonderful Designer Tag Punch box, right? LOVE the punch AND the stamps, but I got to thinking yesterday, "now, why would I need to keep these all together? I can find a good use for the box and store the stamps and inks with the rest of the stamps and inks...right??"

So, DO YOU THINK I CAN FIND THOSE STAMPS TODAY????? Arrgh! I canNOT believe myself! There's the box.....the punch is with all the punches.... yep, there's the spots, right where you'd think they'd be.... so WHERE in the world do you suppose I put the freakin' STAMPS?

I'm an idiot....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:51 AM   #2  
Total Quack

ROTFL!!!! I'm sorry Betsy!!! I hope you find them soon. You aren't an idiot!!!!!!

I do that, too .... I organize stuff and then, can't figure out what *purely logical* place I put it all. LOL!

Good luck in the search!!!

Photography Site

Old 09-15-2006, 11:52 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

That's one thing I cannot separate yet. I love having them in the box!!! Good luck finding yours!

Robyn

My Gallery
Old 09-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

oh Betsy,
That's why i have loved you from the start. Took your advice to forego that sprayin' stuff to protect my wood blocks as stamps are our tools and tho I am still a newbie I feel like I belong in a group with ya. But I never get to complete my reorganizing - that is my main problem for now.

So {{{hugs}}} to you today. Think about something else and POOF! they WILL reappear. It works for me. lol

Love you,
Lynn
Old 09-15-2006, 12:05 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

{{{{{{{Betsy}}}}}}}

I *hate* when that happens. Grrrrrr!!! And, it happens to me ALL the time. I can never remember that "logical" spot I decided it was best to store that_____ so I can find it when I need it.

Go sit down somewhere. Anywhere. Bill Cosby claims your memory is in your arse . . . when he walks into a room for something and can't remember what he came in for, he sits down. The instant the tush hits the seat, the memory kicks into gear, go figure!

Mebbe that would help??? Mebbe?????
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

{{{hugs}}} back at ya, Lynn! I did finally give up looking and stopped for a lunch/SCS break, lol.

I think I'm most nervous because the reason I'm "organizing" is that my craft room (downstairs rec room) has not been touched since the house was built in 1988. It is in desperate need of paint and new carpet, at the very least! I am temporarily going to be in a very small corner of our upstairs family room so I have to pack up most of my stuff, but do it in such a way that I'll be able to find things while they are still packed up. Hence, the decision to use the tag punch box ... I thought I'd use it to corral all the little desktop tools while I'm upstairs.

<sigh...> OK, back to the search.....
Old 09-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL, thanks, Julie! I think my biggest mistake was in trying to be something I'm not....logical and/or organized!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:18 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Did you perhaps put them with the other tag stamps that were offered during SAB? I did that with mine......
(((Hugs))) Betsy..... You make me smile!
Hope you find them!

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

“What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Old 09-15-2006, 12:21 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
{{{{{{{Betsy}}}}}}}

I *hate* when that happens. Grrrrrr!!! And, it happens to me ALL the time. I can never remember that "logical" spot I decided it was best to store that_____ so I can find it when I need it.

Go sit down somewhere. Anywhere. Bill Cosby claims your memory is in your arse . . . when he walks into a room for something and can't remember what he came in for, he sits down. The instant the tush hits the seat, the memory kicks into gear, go figure!

So true, so true!

I love the Bill Cosby wisdom!

“What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Old 09-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
I HATE it! I'm so upset with myself, lol! I have the wonderful Designer Tag Punch box, right? LOVE the punch AND the stamps, but I got to thinking yesterday, "now, why would I need to keep these all together? I can find a good use for the box and store the stamps and inks with the rest of the stamps and inks...right??"

So, DO YOU THINK I CAN FIND THOSE STAMPS TODAY????? Arrgh! I canNOT believe myself! There's the box.....the punch is with all the punches.... yep, there's the spots, right where you'd think they'd be.... so WHERE in the world do you suppose I put the freakin' STAMPS?

I'm an idiot....
Ya, well, I'm an idiot, too! I did the same thing a while back - we're really smarty pants, aren't we?! I DID finally locate the stamps by sheer accident in a drawer I have labeled "mixed verses" -- that does describe them, but not very well!!!! I have since added the classic label punch stamps to the collection and have put them all together....my theory is that there are so many of them now, I can't possibly overlook them! We'll see...
Old 09-15-2006, 12:36 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Well, If anyone knows where my embossing tool is , please let me know. I rarely use it and had it stored in the perfect spot (SURE , I DID) The worst part of it is I go to bed racking my brain as to where it is. (I know, I bet my hubby took it!)
Old 09-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by happystamper05
So true, so true!

I love the Bill Cosby wisdom!

So do i!
If Erma Brombeck were still alive she'd surely havesomethin' as well! Julie, you just know the right words to laugh away the hours.

Good luck still, Ms. Betsy!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:57 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Betsy, I am sure they are with my white gel pen! I had to finally break down and buy another one, but I did it very reluctantly! I hope you find those delinquent stamps soon! LOL!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

I go to search through my stamps...find the set i want and set it on the table....then keep looking through the stamp sets to find the set that I wanted....all because I forgot that I had already gotten it out.
Faerey Blog
Old 09-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie FW
Betsy, I am sure they are with my white gel pen! I had to finally break down and buy another one, but I did it very reluctantly! I hope you find those delinquent stamps soon! LOL!
Oh my, I did the exact same thing, but guess what? When my new one came, I opened a drawer to put it away and my first one was laying there cool as you please waiting for a friend.

Some days.......
Old 09-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

I do the same thing all the time. My dh just groans when I say the magic words "I know its in a safe place....."

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Old 09-15-2006, 01:53 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

*gasp* You hate organizing?!?
Old 09-15-2006, 02:20 PM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

While everyone is looking for the lost embossing tool, gel pen and stamps - if ya happen to find my collection of acrylic blocks for my UM's - please let me know!

For all those who have organized and lost stuff in the process - we're not idiots, we're just too dang good at this organizing thing!

Old 09-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was just looking for my wheel cartridges last night and couldn't find them. I have drawers that are labeled and things pretty well organized, but sometimes I can't find anything either.

I am going to try the Bill Cosby trick from above and see if that helps.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:28 PM   #20  
Watercolor Wizard

OMG. This thread is hilarious. Sorry you can't find your stamps Betsy. We all seem to be misplacing things. So while we are at it, could somebody please tell me where I put ALL 4 color families of craft spots? They are in my punch box tin, and they are ALL hiding from me. *sigh*
Old 09-15-2006, 03:15 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliGal
While everyone is looking for the lost embossing tool, gel pen and stamps - if ya happen to find my collection of acrylic blocks for my UM's - please let me know!

For all those who have organized and lost stuff in the process - we're not idiots, we're just too dang good at this organizing thing!
Hey y'all...while you're looking for all that other stuff please keep an eye out for my embossing buddy - its been missing since who knows when!

Do you think they all went to the same place as the missing socks from the dryer?

Q

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter
Old 09-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #22  
Mad Swapper

I am just so organized NOT, that I have the ink pad, scissors, paper etc. on my table and all of a sudden I can't find anything that I need. I need a bigger room to be able to store all of my stuff that I can't find.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

I am not fortunate enough to have a stamp room, so my supplies are stored in about four different areas of the house. I am forever losing stuff--and I do the same thing--put it in a SAFE place. Aargh. Sometimes just getting started stamping is an overwhelming task!

Sharon
Old 09-15-2006, 04:00 PM   #24  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
{{{{{{{Betsy}}}}}}}

Mebbe that would help??? Mebbe?????
So if I does that mean I've lost my mind

I am getting rotten at remembering where I put things. I LOVE to organize and whatnot but I still have my moments where I can't for the life of me find something I NEED!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzyq01
Hey y'all...while you're looking for all that other stuff please keep an eye out for my embossing buddy - its been missing since who knows when!

Do you think they all went to the same place as the missing socks from the dryer?

ROTFLMAO!!!! My "original" one is missing too! I finally needed one so badly for a party that I had to have one expidited to me. LOL
Old 09-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #26  
Stampin' Fool

Oh me too! I think there are alot of us with this problem and that is why we don't know what we have purchased and what we haven't, lol.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #27  
Embossing Fanatic

I know exactly what you mean. Since I re-organized I am missing 3 stamps, my little booklet with everyone's birthdays in it (Yikes!!) and my bone folder tool. I am sure I will discover more misplaced things as time passes! Maybe it means I have too much? Nah, and don't let hubby hear me say that either.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:04 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOO HOO! Where's that music to "Rocky"? I found it! And I found an extra white gel pen, 2 extra brayers, my new box of colored brads, too! 'Course, I can't tell you where....it's way too boring. And embarrassing. Very embarrassing.

You guys are great....you always make me feel better!
Old 09-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Betsy,

I am so glad you found your things. I was just reading through all the posts wondering if anyone knows where my white zip up hoodie is? I asked all my friends around here and no one has seen it, but my friend Emily told me to say this:

"Tony, Tony look around...something's lost and must be found!"

Here mom taught her this prayer to St. Anthony when she was little since he is the finder of things.

Em said it always works for her. I think I need to keep saying it, cuz my stuff is still lost

That's my baby Isabelle Grace 6/30/04
Old 09-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

WOO HOO! Where's that music to "Rocky"? I found it! And I found an extra white gel pen, 2 extra brayers, my new box of colored brads, too! 'Course, I can't tell you where....it's way too boring. And embarrassing. Very embarrassing.

You guys are great....you always make me feel better!
Yeah! I'm glad you found your stamps!
Old 09-15-2006, 08:47 PM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

WOO HOO! Where's that music to "Rocky"? I found it! And I found an extra white gel pen, 2 extra brayers, my new box of colored brads, too! 'Course, I can't tell you where....it's way too boring. And embarrassing. Very embarrassing. You guys are great....you always make me feel better!
Whoo hoo ~ you found them and extra toys how exciting ~
Old 09-16-2006, 02:44 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

At least you have the excuse of organizing, Betsy. I put something down, walk away and can't find it when I return! I used to have such a good memory. Still do about some things. Guess I have too much stuff...ummm, NOT!
Old 09-16-2006, 03:17 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay--you found your stuff!!!But where oh where are my clear envelopes. Oh yeah, they are in my new order coming next week, because i couldn't find the ones that i already have. LOL
Old 09-16-2006, 03:40 AM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

Oh this is so good! I don't have a stamp room eather,I am always trying to find things. My DH bought me a table so now i stamp in the basement, do you no how many times i have to run up and down my stairs when i can't find something? I told him i was going to have a heart attack, all he said it was a good way to keep my cholesterol down!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:09 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Betsy, glad you found so many things. Maybe if you tell us you would give me a clue as to which safe place I put my new white pen.

I am always missing something - seems I have the best luck finding it a while after I have given up looking.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 09-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

Yea, Betsy....

Curiosity is killing me...

*Where* did you find them?

Old 09-16-2006, 06:36 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Betsy, so glad you found your tag punch stamps! I can so relate to this. My craft room is what I like to call.... organized chaos. It looks a mess but I know just where things are(usually! ) Whenever I clean up and organize I can't find anything! I guess we should just stick with our mess. LOL!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:39 AM   #38  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danistamps
Betsy,

I am so glad you found your things. I was just reading through all the posts wondering if anyone knows where my white zip up hoodie is? I asked all my friends around here and no one has seen it, but my friend Emily told me to say this:

"Tony, Tony look around...something's lost and must be found!"

Here mom taught her this prayer to St. Anthony when she was little since he is the finder of things.

Em said it always works for her. I think I need to keep saying it, cuz my stuff is still lost
Yep, I swear this works! St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost things. We couldn't find one of my son's precious toys for over a week. Finally, we prayed to St. Anthony and we found it five minutes later!

Kathleen
Old 09-16-2006, 06:57 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

My problem when I lose something, I think * I'll have to get ANOTHER ONE*!!! And just when I DO get another, the old one shows up!!!!!!!

Rom 12:2
Old 09-16-2006, 07:03 AM   #40  
Matboard Maniac

Thank Heavens for this thread! I tore stuff apart (finding other things that I didn' t know I had lost) and also found the TA DA--Embossing Tool. Good Work everyone!