Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Location: in my own little bubble, I like it here. Actually I'm in a tiny town in Tx with no stop light!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clear somthing up for me - TAC & SU

I am about to become a TAC demonstrator since my sister is a SU demonstrator (well thats only one of the many reasons) any how, I'm not quite clear on the rules reguarding other company's. Is it still ok for me to use SU products and upload my cards here even though I will be a TAC demonstrator? I see other people doing it and I fear that I could be "turned in" to TAC if I did it? I know I can't push SU sales to my TAC customers, but what is ok and not ok reguarding other company's products for personal use and possibly to sell handmade things? Am I not able to sell cards made from SU things to local people while being a TAC demonstrator? what if I used SU paper and TAC stamps and sold it to a friend?? though I know I can use whatever I want on my personal scrapbooks. I was really surprised to see TAC demonstrators uploading SU cards, can I do this too? Help!!! I'm so confused on all of this!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can upload any artwork using any images you want, as you wish.

When serving in the official capacity as TAC demonstrator, at workshops, classes, camps, etc., however, it would not behoove you to demonstrate or promote anything non TAC, because you cannot sell it, if UKWIM?

Same for SU! demonstrators. It is in the SU! demonstrator contract that you are to promote only SU! products, when serving officially as an SU! demonstrator.

Have you checked your TAC contract? I'd be surprised if they do not require the same . . . ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up As a TAC demo!

As a TAC demo, You can only use TAC stamps and Supplies. At Workshops, fun shops. Classes, Stamp camps, etc.
No Retired Stamp sets or Supplies.
As far as selling your artwork TAC has a Angel Policy.
You can sell as long as it is HANDSTAMPED.
No special Stamp on the back of your cards artwork.
TAC encourages us Demo to sell our Handstamped creations for extra Money.
Just not at workshops, Stamp camps, etc.

Spoiler

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Lightbulb Yes!!

Their are many TAC demo's that use stamps from other companies,
I am a Demo for TAC and I use stamps from other companies and list them here on SCS. And my Picturetrail site as well.
You may also sell your Handstamped artwork in Retail stores, online, Just about anywhere.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

And another thing you are allowed as a TAC demonstrator is to have a booth at a craft show, have your handstamped items AND sell TAC at the same time. You can also have stock on hand to sell if you wish. You are not limited to either promoting business OR selling handstamped items.

Often at Stamping Conventions you will find TAC booths with make n' takes and the products used to make them for sale. Plus be able to book workshops, buy catalogues, etc all at the same time.

Jana
Jana ~Angel #1251~ Manager with The Angel Company and List Mom for TAC Addicted
http://jana.ismyangel.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Jana can you also sell the paper piece by piece? Cause I want to see the papers but I don't want to have to by ALL the packs to get a sample...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 04:45 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Yes, we can break them up if we wish.

Last edited by Sereikastamper; 07-01-2006 at 05:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 04:45 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thumbs up Thank Jana!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana_angel_1251
And another thing you are allowed as a TAC demonstrator is to have a booth at a craft show, have your handstamped items AND sell TAC at the same time. You can also have stock on hand to sell if you wish. You are not limited to either promoting business OR selling handstamped items.

Often at Stamping Conventions you will find TAC booths with make n' takes and the products used to make them for sale. Plus be able to book workshops, buy catalogues, etc all at the same time.

Jana
Thanks Jana!!!!!

A couple of points I failed to mention.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

I re-examined your post and hope the following offers more clarity than my original response did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas-Scramper
Is it still ok for me to use SU products and upload my cards here even though I will be a TAC demonstrator? I see other people doing it and I fear that I could be "turned in" to TAC if I did it?
I don't believe TAC would restrict their demonstrators from using SU! products in uploaded artworks to general public galleries; such restrictions would have a negative impact on being a TAC demo'r, UKWIM?

I can use any images I wish in creations I make, and upload, but when serving in the official capacity as an SU demonstrator, at a workshop, event, class, etc. I am permitted only to promote products that SU! carries.

Quote:

I know I can't push SU sales to my TAC customers, but what is ok and not ok reguarding other company's products for personal use and possibly to sell handmade things?
I'm sure you are permitted to use anything you wish for personal use, and for selling handmade things, as long as you are within the copyright/angel policy guidelines of every manufacturer whose products you wish to use, regardless of your status as a TAC demonstrator.

Quote:

Am I not able to sell cards made from SU things to local people while being a TAC demonstrator? what if I used SU paper and TAC stamps and sold it to a friend??
Yes, of course you can, again, as long as you are doing so within SU!'s and TAC's respective copyright/angel policy guidelines.

Quote:

I was really surprised to see TAC demonstrators uploading SU cards, can I do this too? Help!!! I'm so confused on all of this!!
Yes; they are not violating their TAC demonstrator contract in any way by uploading creations that use SU! images because they are not doing so under the guise of being a TAC demonstrator in some official capacity--just as stampers using products they love, whatever they may be.

Think of it like a hat you wear:

When you are doing TAC workshops, demonstrations, classes, etc. You wear your TAC hat and perform such work under the guidelines specified by your contract with the company.

Outside of that, you take the TAC demo'r hat off, and you're Susie Stamper, using what you like and enjoy, regardless of brand or company affiliation.

Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Yes, we can break them up if we wish.
Thanks Jana!!!! I appreciate the info on that ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 05:24 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Julie is 100% right! You can stamp with whatever stamps you want as a demonstrator for TAC (and I'd hope for any other company!). I'm a prime example: I am a design team member for 2 companies that are completely seperate from TAC and a design team for a card kit company. I make samples for their websites, post cards to galleries made with their images and can even sell my handstamped items using the stamps!

Of course, I will not be selling them at my TAC workshops - nor will I use my TAC stamps on the cards that I make for those companies. And know what...both the companies know that I am a TAC demonstrator and it made absolutely no difference to them!

TAC (and I hope other companies) are not out there to 'stunt' your creativity by limiting you to specific stamps or products. In fact, I think it is better for a demonstrator to use other stamps and products because they use techinques they might otherwise not use. I feel I have grown as a stamper and therefore as a demonstrator because I have stretched myself creatively by working with different images and different styles.

Another thing that might give it a little perspective...say you are at TAC demonstrator and your friend sells SU!. You CAN have a party for her! You book a party just like if you were not a demonstrator for TAC. I have a friend that's a TAC demo and I was at her house about a month and a half ago for an SU! party!!!

In short....if you join TAC you are more than welcome to stamp your heart out with any other companies images. You can sell those things you make with the other companies stamps - as long as you are within their Angel policies of course.

I tell you what...any company that would restrict their demonstrators from using any other images wouldn't have hardly any demonstrators because now a days most of us that stamp are what I call "Liberated Stampers" - we stamp with what makes us happy!

!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

I tell you what...any company that would restrict their demonstrators from using any other images wouldn't have hardly any demonstrators because now a days most of us that stamp are what I call "Liberated Stampers" - we stamp with what makes us happy!

!

That's cute! I think I like that better than what I always refer to myself as:

A non purist rubbah fun-addict. (chuckle!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Location: in my own little bubble, I like it here. Actually I'm in a tiny town in Tx with no stop light!

Thank you everyone so much for clearing this all up for me! the contract wasn't very clear and the wording can be quite scary, but now I think I get it! Whoo hoo!!!

THANK YOU!!!
Reply With Quote Likes