Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Scrapbook Goals (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-goals-200/)
-   -   June 2013 Scrap Pages and Chatter - sbc13jun (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-goals-200/june-2013-scrap-pages-chatter-sbc13jun-573779/)

wendella247 06-18-2013 10:29 AM

I've had this page in my computer partially done for quite some time. Finally got 'er done!

Play-Doh 2012

:):)

wendella247 06-18-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 20208560)
Lol! Good for you and free is FREE! This is how I started after I purchased PSE. I thought I was smart enough to figure the program out on my own and found out otherwise. Wendy left me know that Jessica Sprague was giving a free class and even though it wasn't a specific course on learning PSE, it was enough to enable me to be less scared to try things out and from that point on, I never looked back!

Slow and easy is the way to go--and definitely with a class. It's a skill that grows as you play! I learned a little at a time and went back to paper or my simpler digi program each time I started to feel overwhelmed as I learned Photoshop Elements. Heck, I'm still learning every day! But it can be fun. It's also great for making collages, etc to add to a paper page.

Hope you enjoy, Sharon!

wendella247 06-18-2013 12:14 PM

June Progresswive Challenge-Task 3 posted!!

Task 3 has been posted for the progressive challenge!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post20209621

Yay!

sewflake 06-18-2013 01:21 PM

I had been stalking the thread all day and I knew it would post as soon as I left to take my DGD to her Dr appt. No worries, I had something to look forward to on my return home. Plus, now than I am done with this weeks additions, I have books to read after my stop by the library while I was out.

Just Dance (task3)

wendella247 06-18-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20209676)
I had been stalking the thread all day and I knew it would post as soon as I left to take my DGD to her Dr appt. No worries, I had something to look forward to on my return home. Plus, now than I am done with this weeks additions, I have books to read after my stop by the library while I was out.

Just Dance (task3)

Sorry I posted it so late. Your page is one of my all-time favorites and it's not even finished yet. Your addition of the charm couldn't be more perfect. Wow, wow, wow!!

smokiesgal 06-18-2013 05:55 PM

Here is my page. The Rock - Task 3 by smokiesgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

sewflake 06-18-2013 06:02 PM

Thank you Wendy, thats very kind of you to say. Now I'm nervous that I'll mess up on with the last task. I kind of have an idea of what I want to do to finish it off, assuming there will be a title of some sort, and I have a week to figure out just how to do it....

I have to say that I LOVE Maja Design papers! They make it easy to design with and of course I think my DGD is absolutely gorgeous in this picture. That combination of paper and subject is a win win situation.

smokiesgal 06-20-2013 12:41 PM

I managed to complete 4 more pages last night. Hope I meet my challenge of 15 pages b4 the end of month. So far, I have done 9 pages. I am going away this weekend so not sure if I am going to meet my goal unless I hustle next week. Anyone else struggling?

sewflake 06-20-2013 01:31 PM

I can't say I am struggling but I sure have slowed down this month. I am getting bogged down with completing layouts that I put in albums over the years without any journaling (always the hardest part for me) or titles. I'm not concerned with the slowdown as I am over halfway done with page goal for the year plus I have two big crops I am going to later in the year.
I have one more page to meet June's goal and that will come with the completion my my progressive page next week.

wendella247 06-20-2013 02:22 PM

I chose a low goal this month because I've been doing other tasks recently--like scanning, organizing, etc. I feel like it's a page slowdown, but I guess I'm still accomplishing things.

Don't worry about not making your goal. Every page is a page done, that's most important. Some months will be better than others!

smokiesgal 06-20-2013 05:00 PM

Thanks Wendy and Sharon for the kind words. Makes me feel better about my progress. I have a Project Life album sitting here that I need to do. I am thinking I could complete some of my pages a bit faster. Does anyone do PL here?

hsmom69 06-20-2013 07:31 PM

My daughter and son in law have been here all week, leaving tomorrow. Still have a busy weekend ahead but hope to get caught up on my goal next week.

Smokiesgal, I hope you share pics of your PL album when you get started. It looks really neat. :)

wendella247 06-20-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgal (Post 20212431)
Thanks Wendy and Sharon for the kind words. Makes me feel better about my progress. I have a Project Life album sitting here that I need to do. I am thinking I could complete some of my pages a bit faster. Does anyone do PL here?

I don't know if anyone here does Project Life. I know about it, but my scrapping takes a different direction. Hope you get going with yours!

alicaz 06-21-2013 06:03 AM

My goal for this month was yo start scrapbooking and I did.
Here is my first page EVER:
Water Fun
if the image is not approved yet, you can see it on my blog - link in my signature

I have 2 questions for all you scrappers:
1. how do you take picture of the page so you won't get shiny spots on your photos? I didn't use flash and tried different angles and distances.. but couldn't get rid of them

2. if you use stickers for titles, what do you do with leftover letters? Looks like I'll use up the vowels pretty soon and then what?

Crooked Stamper 06-21-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicaz (Post 20212992)
Water Fun
if the image is not approved yet, you can see it on my blog - link in my signature

1. how do you take picture of the page so you won't get shiny spots on your photos? I didn't use flash and tried different angles and distances.. but couldn't get rid of them

2. if you use stickers for titles, what do you do with leftover letters? Looks like I'll use up the vowels pretty soon and then what?

I'm not an expert by any means & I'm not sure if this will help but when I take a photo, I lay it on the floor & shoot directly over top of it...I don't shoot at an angle. Sometimes I use a flash & sometimes I don't but I have a light off to the side focused indirectly on what I'm taking a photo of. I take a test shot then move the lights around.

For left over letters you could substitute images for vowels. I used basketballs for Os & a firecracker for an I. You could use the stickers for the first letter in a word use your printer for the rest of the letters in that word.

Hope this helps!

sewflake 06-21-2013 09:46 AM

Great first ever page alicaz, I left a little love for you.

To get a shot with no glare on the photo, I take all my pictures outside when at all possible, between the hours of 8 AM to 10:30 then again from 2 PM till 4 maybe 5 PM. I like for it to be a sunny day and if not then I can try my shots anytime.
I turn off the flash and stand directly over the layout and squat with the lens as close as possible to the layout to keep out most of the background and the sun in my face so I don't throw a shadow on the layout. You will have to see what lens setting works best with your camera to the clearest pictures.
I don't try to take pictures from 11 am to 2 pm as the sun is not at an angle to allow me to keep those pesky shiny spots from showing up. I quit taking photos indoors for that reason too, it became too hard to keep the shine off, what with the indoor lighting, windows, etc to deal with.

I don't use sticker titles too often for the very reason you mentioned, although you could mix and match the alphabets, recolor other letters to coordinate with your layout, cut some of them to resemble different letters.

daizees 06-21-2013 10:25 AM

I've got some time to play this afternoon so I was just stopping to check for challenges...
Alicaz, this is what I loved most when I discovered stamping in scrapbooks- you don't run out of letters! :) I used to use stickers but I gave the leftover sheets to my littles to play with, lol.

alicaz 06-21-2013 10:43 AM

LOL! I already did - I'm making another page and I wanted black letters. Since I only had green and red ones I colored them all with black marker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20213286)
I don't use sticker titles too often for the very reason you mentioned, although you could mix and match the alphabets, recolor other letters to coordinate with your layout, cut some of them to resemble different letters.

Mary_Pat419 06-21-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Water Fun

SERIOUSLY!? Your a pro in my book, love it!

Mary_Pat419 06-21-2013 01:19 PM

CRAZY CRAZY SUMMER! I really thought I'd have more time to scrap but was I WRONG! I'm hoping July turns out less hectic! I'm loving everyone's pages and wish I could join!

wendella247 06-21-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Water Fun

I recommend checking out this link regarding taking photos of your papercrafting projects.

Personally, although I mostly do digi pages, these days when I do take a photo of a paper page, I go on my back patio with indirect light, put the page on a white poster board and stand over it with no flash. I take several shots trying to fill my screen with the page, only leaving a small border outside the page. Then I download and pick the best pic. It takes some experimenting to get it down!

Congrats on creating a wonderful first page!

alicaz 06-21-2013 02:47 PM

I took the picture on the kitchen table with the lights on.. the lights are cold white and they are usually good for my card pictures as they don't distort the colors like the regular warm yellowish lights do..
I will try it outside for sure - thanks for the ideas and the praise

Lmn 06-21-2013 05:09 PM

Ahhh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419 (Post 20213533)
CRAZY CRAZY SUMMER! I really thought I'd have more time to scrap but was I WRONG! I'm hoping July turns out less hectic! I'm loving everyone's pages and wish I could join!

Me too, me too! Sad is that my kids are grown and college/working so I too thought I would have lots more time in the summer for crafting but that's sure not how this Summer is starting out! Lots of travel for work ;) All good though .... lots of fun photos to scrap

I did get my first June pages done ... I'll be back to upload and share

TGIF!

Lmn 06-21-2013 05:11 PM

Wow

Quote:

Water Fun

WOW! Great 1st Page .... I would not want to show my first scrap page, haha! I can laugh about it but .... uummmm ....

smokiesgal 06-21-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Water Fun

Great page!! I checked out you Shop Our Stash blog too. What a great idea!!!

daizees 06-22-2013 10:47 AM

Actually Lela, that's a fun idea! We SHOULD show off our first pages and see how far we've come, haha! of course my first page was done in 1995 and I was 15 so HOPEFULLY I've changed style, LOL!
I did manage to get ONE page done yesterday, lol, and it is here:

Snack Shack

Lmn 06-24-2013 06:48 PM

Happy Monday

I'm finally back and have my pages uploaded that were done for this month :cool:

Family Fun

Retirement

Lmn 06-24-2013 06:50 PM

LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizees (Post 20214468)
Actually Lela, that's a fun idea! We SHOULD show off our first pages and see how far we've come, haha!

Tanya, funny ... I know what scrapbook I did first so I'll have to dig mine out and photo. It was 2002 so hopefully I've come along way too? :eek:

Anyone else want to show their first page ?

wendella247 06-24-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 20217601)
Tanya, funny ... I know what scrapbook I did first so I'll have to dig mine out and photo. It was 2002 so hopefully I've come along way too? :eek:

Anyone else want to show their first page ?

I'll see if I can find mine!

wendella247 06-24-2013 09:39 PM

Final Progressive Challenge Task (4) has been posted!

The last task for the June progressive challenge has been posted!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post20217713

sewflake 06-25-2013 07:04 AM

My take for the last step of Wendy's June Progressive Digital Challenge.

Just Dance - final

Thanks Wendy for challenging me!

Oh shoot, I forgot :oops: that yesterday was the first class for digital scrapping I signed up for. I better check my email!
A traditionalist at heart........

wendella247 06-25-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20218146)
My take for the last step of Wendy's June Progressive Digital Challenge.

Just Dance - final

Thanks Wendy for challenging me!

Oh shoot, I forgot :oops: that yesterday was the first class for digital scrapping I signed up for. I better check my email!
A traditionalist at heart........

Your page turned out fantastic, Sharon! Love it!

wendella247 06-25-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 20207643)
For those of you who are thinking or starting to digital scrap, Jessica Sprague is offering a free class next week to "dip" your toes into it or to learn some new things...check it out! And just remember, even if you won't have time to do it when she starts it, you'll have access to the class FOREVER so you can take it at your own pace in your own time frame.....I've already signed up!

Grab a Friend and Join Us for a Free Class!

JessicaSprague.com is turning 6! As part of our celebration, we are offering a new photo editing class for free: Photo Enhancement 1: Frame Ups & Clipping Masks. In this week-long class, we'll dive into creative ways to add frames and masks to your photos to help them stand out in wall decor, gifts, photo albums, and more.

To register, simply visit the Access Codes page and enter in code JSFREECLASS2013. Visit your My classes page for your class, which is where we'll start on June 24. Click here for more class info.

Spread the Word - Get Another Week Free!

Want the one week class to turn into a two week class? If we reach our enrollment goal of 10,000, Jessica will teach a second week of class for free!

This class is a perfect way for beginners to dip a toe into Photoshop in memorable and meaningful ways. So spread the word to your friends - you can tweet, post to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, send emails, anything!

Just signed up, Terry & Sharon! I'm sure I'll learn some new tricks! Thanks for the heads up!

daizees 06-25-2013 03:09 PM

I blogged my first scrapbook pages!! Tanya's Stamps & Things: A Look Back enjoy!

3Fries 06-25-2013 05:51 PM

Hey strangers!! June 25th Tuesday Digital challenge is up!!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post20218998

I've been a ghost around here, just too busy :(. My son and I are off to Illinois next week for another wheelchair basketball adventure, but I hope to have some time for scrap booking this summer. I miss it, and all of you ladies!

daizees 06-26-2013 12:53 PM

I just had to share with people who "get it"...
My daughter was arguing with a friend about who the smallest person is they know (they're 8 and 6) and my daughter asked if she could show her friend her scrapbooks to prove how small she used to be. giggle. Now there are two little girls sitting cozily, enjoying the scrapbooks I've spent so much time putting together for exactly that reason. <3

wendella247 06-26-2013 02:42 PM

What gratification! Now you know all your hard work has paid off, Tanya! Yippee!

wendella247 06-26-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Fries (Post 20219011)
Hey strangers!! June 25th Tuesday Digital challenge is up!!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post20218998

I've been a ghost around here, just too busy :(. My son and I are off to Illinois next week for another wheelchair basketball adventure, but I hope to have some time for scrap booking this summer. I miss it, and all of you ladies!

Definitely miss you, my scrappy friend! Enjoy making more memories next week!

smokiesgal 06-26-2013 04:55 PM

I just completed the final task for the progressive challenge. Thanks Wendy for hosting this challenge. It was super fun!

The Rock - Final Task Progressive Challenge by smokiesgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Mary_Pat419 06-28-2013 05:08 AM

Hello Ladies...

This summer is just so busy, I think it's the busiest summer I've ever had! We decided not to go away for the 4th and stay home (since we're rarely here it's more like a vacation anyway!). I'm hoping to get my photos loaded and organized today with hopes of scrapping some over the weekend. I'm off to do some errands while DD1 is being tutored, some house work then the computer for photos & look at your pages for this month!

I hope you're all having a safe and happy summer! I miss chatting with everyone :-)