Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Scrapbook Goals (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-goals-200/)
-   -   June 2013 Scrap Pages and Chatter - sbc13jun (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-goals-200/june-2013-scrap-pages-chatter-sbc13jun-573779/)

sewflake 06-11-2013 06:39 AM

Lisa, Congratulations on that new grand baby! I have to admit grand kids are what keep me scrapping and taking tons of pictures. Looking forward to seeing your layouts.

wendella247 06-11-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 20197816)
Hi ladies this is not about scrapbooking at all but I have come to think of all of you as friends. So I am asking for your thoughts and prayers. My father is very ill and is being tested for 2 different types of cancer we should know something by the end of next week. They think he may have the same type of cancer my mom had. I will let you know when I can as I will be spending most if my time up north with him. My sisters and I plan on taking turns as the doctors do not want him alone at all. Please remember him in your prayers. Patti

Patti, my prayers are definitely with you and your family. I consider you a friend as well. I'm so sorry that you're going through this sad and trying time once again. It is a blessing that at least you can go there and stay close to your dad. Please be sure to tell Candy I send my love and prayers to her too.

wendella247 06-11-2013 08:32 AM

Progressive Scrap Challenge Task 2 has been posted!

Here it is:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...a-t574268.html

hsmom69 06-11-2013 09:55 AM

Thank you Sharon! It's nice being inspired again. I finished 2 pages, along with working on the progressive page and a card for the CAS challenge this morning.

Patti, I'm new here but want you to know I'm praying for your dad as well.

smokiesgal 06-11-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmom69 (Post 20199515)
Hi ladies! I really need to get caught up on my grandson's scrapbook before the new grandbaby arrives in December, (yay!) so I thought joining a challenge would help keep me motivated. As soon as I found out my daughter was pregnant a month and a half ago, I started scrapping again. I believe I've done 12-14 pgs. He'll be 3 in November and I want to be caught up by then. I just started his 2nd yr album so I've got a ways to go. ;)

My June goal will be 12 pages. I hope to do more, but my daughter and son in law will be visiting for a week this month.

Lisa,
So glad you decided to join us. I am really loving chatting with these gals. They are very motivating to get those pages done!:D

sewflake 06-11-2013 02:43 PM

This is going to be a long HOT summer!! I can tell already...... I take my pictures outside as we have sun most days that allows for better color without using the flash. Doing a progressive challenge designed for digital scrappers. It's not so easy taking pictures on a breezy day when you can't adhere any of the elements down. Combine that with high heat and humidity and my patients goes right out the window!! And this is just the first day of heat this high!

I have the first task done......... with a picture.

Just Dance

sewflake 06-11-2013 04:52 PM

Task 2 of the progressive challenge, (digi goes traditional!!!)

More of Just Dance

smokiesgal 06-11-2013 05:27 PM

I managed to complete Task 2 of the progressive challenge. June 2013 Progressive Challenge Task 2 by smokiesgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I posted all the deets on my blog and in My Gallery if you want additional information on the products used.

I also managed to complete 4 scrapbook pages yesterday. Doing the happy dance. Including my challenge page, I will have 5 out of 15 pages done for June. 10 more to go!

smokiesgal 06-11-2013 05:51 PM

Here are pics of the 4 pages I completed yesterday.

In-N-Out Pages by smokiesgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
In-N-Out Pages by smokiesgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hsmom69 06-12-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgal (Post 20200464)
Lisa,
So glad you decided to join us. I am really loving chatting with these gals. They are very motivating to get those pages done!:D

Yes! It's been very helpful already. :)

Lmn 06-12-2013 04:35 AM

Variety Challenge

Good Morning Scrappy Friends! Cheryl (scs: Motherload) is off this week enjoying time with family. I posted the Variety Challenge for her ... come and play :o

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post20201800

mollymoo951 06-12-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20200592)
This is going to be a long HOT summer!! I can tell already...... I take my pictures outside as we have sun most days that allows for better color without using the flash. Doing a progressive challenge designed for digital scrappers. It's not so easy taking pictures on a breezy day when you can't adhere any of the elements down. Combine that with high heat and humidity and my patients goes right out the window!! And this is just the first day of heat this high!

Just Dance

I'd say! wow! :lol: Off to check out your page! :D

wendella247 06-12-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20200592)

Just Dance

I feel your long HOT summer pain, Sharon! My patience is limited in the hot weather too. Although we don't have much humidity now, it is 102 and expected to get up to 108 today. When we get a breeze it is like the hot burst one gets when they open a hot oven! But, I choose to live here in AZ cuz I love waking up to sunshine almost ever day--and my air conditioning works! :)

I love your page so far. You really do great on the progressive pages!

wendella247 06-12-2013 11:58 AM

Your "In and Out" pages are fun, Dell! I'm from NY and they didn't have In & Out Burgers there. I'm not a fan, but know that people who come from somewhere that had them missed the chain before it came to AZ. I miss 2 chains from the east coast--Friendly's and Carvel! Culver's recently came to the Phoenix area. I'd never heard of it before, but apparently it's very popular in the Midwest. I guess we all have our favorite local chains.

A little survey: Scrappy friends--what's your favorite chain in your area that you'd miss if you moved and they didn't have one?

In answer to this, my fav restaurant here in Phoenix is Texas Roadhouse.

smokiesgal 06-12-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 20202390)
Your "In and Out" pages are fun, Dell! I'm from NY and they didn't have In & Out Burgers there. I'm not a fan, but know that people who come from somewhere that had them missed the chain before it came to AZ. I miss 2 chains from the east coast--Friendly's and Carvel! Culver's recently came to the Phoenix area. I'd never heard of it before, but apparently it's very popular in the Midwest. I guess we all have our favorite local chains.

A little survey: Scrappy friends--what's your favorite chain in your area that you'd miss if you moved and they didn't have one?

In answer to this, my fav restaurant here in Phoenix is Texas Roadhouse.

Wendy, that is too funny about the restaurants. We used to have Friendly's and Carvel for years but they all folded here in FL. At least in my area they did. I used to love the meals and after dinner ice creams at Friendly's.

I think I would miss Chic Fil A if they ever went away for fast food. As far as bigger chain, well, I just love Carraba's!:D

wendella247 06-12-2013 04:52 PM

We have both Chic Fil A and Carraba's here. I have to confess, I don't think I've ever eaten at Chic and Carraba's only a couple of times. Truthfully, we don't do restaurants too often! :)

Lmn 06-12-2013 05:57 PM

Me

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 20202390)

I like Chipotle and of course Starbucks :D

....oh but I do love Chik-fil-a and Dairy Queen ....

mepylant 06-12-2013 07:00 PM

I finally got a page done for June! :)

It is on my blog today....

wendella247 06-12-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 20202855)
I like Chipotle and of course Starbucks :D

....oh but I do love Chik-fil-a and Dairy Queen ....

I wonder if there's a state without any Starbucks??

hsmom69 06-13-2013 04:02 AM

We lived in a small town in Eastern Ky up until a yr and a half ago. Now we're in Western Ky. I was thrilled that there's a Starbucks here (even though I don't go very often lol) and now we have a Chil-fil-a. :)

sewflake 06-13-2013 12:03 PM

I don't think there is a chain that I would miss if we no longer had one!! There are just too many to choose from......what I do miss is the little Mexican restaurant in Elizabeth City NC that we visit EVERY time we go to visit my son. I think that is what I miss the most where we live, a GOOD Mexican restaurant! We have an OK chain but..........

Furph's wife 06-13-2013 12:44 PM

HEY! So May I kind of flaked! June I can't seem to get my act together and I can't figure out if I have more time or less time with school/work being out!
Anyway my June goal is to get graduation pics scrapped and be COMPLETELY done with that! Then I have these printers drawers my dad gave me I thought I would fill them with pics as best as I could. That I somewhat started and has become quite the undertaking (me & my bright ideas!)
If I am feeling productive enough then I hope to get my other 2 kiddos school stuff caught up!

Anyway funny that Friendly's was mentioned that is where I met my husband. My first job working @ Friendly's! We don't have them here in Ga. If I were to move from here I would miss Chipotle, Moe's, Chick Fil-A or BBQ.

sewflake 06-13-2013 05:29 PM

Wendy, thank you for your kind words on my progressive page. That paper and the photo (Just Dance) I think were made for each other!!

Thank heavens for air conditioning! It give me the best reason to stay indoors in my studio!!

Lmn 06-13-2013 08:13 PM

LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 20203093)
I wonder if there's a state without any Starbucks??

Thank goodness ... probably not! ;)

Mary_Pat419 06-14-2013 03:10 AM

Just stopping by today, we're visiting 2 colleges for dd1 & Monday she is going to a summer studio program for a week at The Art Institute of Tampa. We turned it into a mini vacation & are staying at Tradewinds in St Pete. This afternoon we'll take a drive to Sarasota to visit The Ringling Brother's School of Art & Design. Tomorrow we tour The Art Institute in Tampa. The rest will be fun in the sun. I think I had a gallbladder attack when I got here, starting to feel better but that region still feels sore & tender so lets hope it was a one time thing since I really don't want to go to a walk in clinic. DH gets here today & leaves Sunday, we leave Monday. So no scrapping but lots of photo ops! The girls being home all day has given me no scrapping time! I am taxi central! We were in Peachtree, GA last weekend for a lacrosse tournament & this upcoming week Dd2 has 2 hr practice :45 away T,W,Th & pick up DD1 up from AI 2.5 hrs away plus a day of presentations on Friday. DD2 goes up to UF the following week for a 4day lax camp...so no scrapping in my near future...doesn't look like I'll make my goal this month so I think I will be taking my laptop & clean/organize my digi files now that I got the new external hard drive.

Well didn't I just ramble on but it did help me realize what I need to do scrapping-wise :-)

Mary_Pat419 06-14-2013 03:12 AM

Patti & Sharon my prayers will have your families in them during your difficult times, God Bless!

Mary_Pat419 06-14-2013 03:12 AM

Welcome Lisa!

hsmom69 06-14-2013 04:37 AM

Thanks Mary Pat!

I'm hoping to get 1-2 pages done today. Then I'll be cleaning house and getting ready for my oldest daughter and her hubby to come visit. So excited to see them and have them here for a whole week! Plus, there should be lots of photos to scrap afterward. :)

sewflake 06-14-2013 07:34 AM

I am getting ready to go to a mini crop tomorrow. I will probably just get caught up on journaling and adding titles to pages that I had thought were completed. Seems as though I have two binders full of pages that need to be finished!!
I am also getting the completed ones into albums, plus I am almost done organizing all my paper (12x12 and scraps) then finding space to keep them all in one spot. I knew I had been stashing away papers in any spot I could find for the last year. Wow, I am seeing papers that I had forgotten I had and the worse thing is, I still like them too much to get give any away. I guess that is why I made a commitment to get as many layouts done this year as I can!!

I need to practice clean and simple layouts to ever catch up!!!

wendella247 06-14-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20203837)
I don't think there is a chain that I would miss if we no longer had one!! There are just too many to choose from......what I do miss is the little Mexican restaurant in Elizabeth City NC that we visit EVERY time we go to visit my son. I think that is what I miss the most where we live, a GOOD Mexican restaurant! We have an OK chain but..........

We have an ABUNDANCE of Mexican restaurants here! I never even had Mexican food before I moved to Arizona in the early 90's!

wendella247 06-14-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20204714)
I am getting ready to go to a mini crop tomorrow. I will probably just get caught up on journaling and adding titles to pages that I had thought were completed. Seems as though I have two binders full of pages that need to be finished!!
I am also getting the completed ones into albums, plus I am almost done organizing all my paper (12x12 and scraps) then finding space to keep them all in one spot. I knew I had been stashing away papers in any spot I could find for the last year. Wow, I am seeing papers that I had forgotten I had and the worse thing is, I still like them too much to get give any away. I guess that is why I made a commitment to get as many layouts done this year as I can!!

You're in a similar place to me, Sharon. Got a new cabinet to store supplies, so I've been going through stuff, purging and organizing. It helps to remind myself what I own too. I've also been going through books, adding pages (which is a pain since my albums have to be taken apart, posts added, etc.). Also going thru my digital pages trying to find all the pages that haven't been printed yet and adding journaling to a few that are complete except for that.

It's also fun to make new pages and do challenges, but sometimes we just have to take some time to tie up all the loose ends!

smokiesgal 06-14-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20204714)

Have fun at your crop Sharon. Sounds like it will be a time for you to explore your paper you had stored. :)

smokiesgal 06-14-2013 11:28 AM

Heading out in a few min to prepare for a mixed media class with Donna Downey. I am excited. This will be my first time meeting her.

sewflake 06-14-2013 02:28 PM

You will have to tell us how your mixed media class went. I purchased 4 or 5 mixed media bags at a artisan consignment shop while on vacation earlier this year. I loved all the little bits and pieces in these bags and know it will make for some wonderful embellishments for heritage pages. Now all I have to do is get those heritage pictures out and get working on them.

In the meantime, here is a new page I did today using some of Wendy's digi progressive challenge tasks, adding some things to finish the layout with my idea of a clean and simple page. Then I added more! then just a bit more.

Butterfly Lullaby

wendella247 06-15-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherload (Post 20189887)
Hey gals, I'm trying to generate some activity for the sketch challenge on my blog. Is anyone interested in using sketches for scrapping? If so, would you consider playing along with this month's challenge? To get to my blog, just click where it says "My Blog" in my signature line, and the link to the challenge is posted on the sidebar of my blog. You can post your completed layout in the gallery here, and link to the gallery. Thanks!

I got to your challenge, Cheryl (and added the link to your blog!) Here is my dps:

Sedona in December-wsb by wendella247 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Fun, fun sketch!

eeddmm 06-16-2013 07:05 AM

Sending Happy Father's Day Wishes to all!

eeddmm 06-17-2013 05:25 AM

For those of you who are thinking or starting to digital scrap, Jessica Sprague is offering a free class next week to "dip" your toes into it or to learn some new things...check it out! And just remember, even if you won't have time to do it when she starts it, you'll have access to the class FOREVER so you can take it at your own pace in your own time frame.....I've already signed up!

Grab a Friend and Join Us for a Free Class!

JessicaSprague.com is turning 6! As part of our celebration, we are offering a new photo editing class for free: Photo Enhancement 1: Frame Ups & Clipping Masks. In this week-long class, we'll dive into creative ways to add frames and masks to your photos to help them stand out in wall decor, gifts, photo albums, and more.

To register, simply visit the Access Codes page and enter in code JSFREECLASS2013. Visit your My classes page for your class, which is where we'll start on June 24. Click here for more class info.

Spread the Word - Get Another Week Free!

Want the one week class to turn into a two week class? If we reach our enrollment goal of 10,000, Jessica will teach a second week of class for free!

This class is a perfect way for beginners to dip a toe into Photoshop in memorable and meaningful ways. So spread the word to your friends - you can tweet, post to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, send emails, anything!

sewflake 06-17-2013 10:23 AM

You are corrupting me!! Ha! What an enabler for a free class!! Digital at that...... I signed up for the class. I figured it was best taking a class (free) to see if digital is something I would be at all interested in. I will send my DIL the link to your post Terry to see if she might be interested.

smokiesgal 06-17-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20205135)
You will have to tell us how your mixed media class went. I purchased 4 or 5 mixed media bags at a artisan consignment shop while on vacation earlier this year. I loved all the little bits and pieces in these bags and know it will make for some wonderful embellishments for heritage pages. Now all I have to do is get those heritage pictures out and get working on them.

In the meantime, here is a new page I did today using some of Wendy's digi progressive challenge tasks, adding some things to finish the layout with my idea of a clean and simple page. Then I added more! then just a bit more.

Butterfly Lullaby

Loved Donna's class!!! I posted my canvas in My Gallery. She Is Strength by smokiesgal - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers I posted details to make are on my blog. We did a ton of things to this canvas. :)

Your butterfly lullaby layout is gorgeous!!!

eeddmm 06-17-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20208092)
You are corrupting me!! Ha! What an enabler for a free class!! Digital at that...... I signed up for the class. I figured it was best taking a class (free) to see if digital is something I would be at all interested in. I will send my DIL the link to your post Terry to see if she might be interested.

Lol! Good for you and free is FREE! This is how I started after I purchased PSE. I thought I was smart enough to figure the program out on my own and found out otherwise. Wendy left me know that Jessica Sprague was giving a free class and even though it wasn't a specific course on learning PSE, it was enough to enable me to be less scared to try things out and from that point on, I never looked back!