Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Scrapbook Goals (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-goals-200/)
-   -   June 2013 Scrap Pages and Chatter - sbc13jun (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/scrapbook-goals-200/june-2013-scrap-pages-chatter-sbc13jun-573779/)

eeddmm 06-05-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicaz (Post 20191340)
hello ladies!
I'm totally new to scrapbooking, I have a bunch of supplies gathered, brand new scrapbook album ready....so my goal for this month is to START doing it! :)

Welcome Alica. This is a great thread to keep you motivated to get'r done :) Lots of great ladies!

eeddmm 06-05-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokiesgal (Post 20187990)
I would love to participate with this challenge. I need motivation to get more pages done. I am going to shoot for 15 pages for June. I hope I can do more though.

Welcome Dell! You'll find lots of great scrappers on here and I see you've already jumped right in. Nice start to the progressive challenge!

eeddmm 06-05-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherload (Post 20189887)
Hey gals, I'm trying to generate some activity for the sketch challenge on my blog. Is anyone interested in using sketches for scrapping? If so, would you consider playing along with this month's challenge? To get to my blog, just click where it says "My Blog" in my signature line, and the link to the challenge is posted on the sidebar of my blog. You can post your completed layout in the gallery here, and link to the gallery. Thanks!

I just might try this Cheryl. I've got so many paper supplies and tons of older photos predigital that I really SHOULD try it at least and I like how you've listed all the measurements. I always am at a loss and if all I have to do if find things that match your parameters, I just might be able to do it :) And I like that I'd have the whole month to do at least the one DPS!

eeddmm 06-05-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 20190628)
I'm still slugging along, trying to get my new computer set up the way I want it for digi scrapping, so I'll only set a goal of 5 pages this month.

I'm trying to keep my system from getting bogged down too much so I'm purging old kits and trying not to load too many unnecessary fonts. Plus I'm trying to learn Windows 7 features to make it work efficiently and also adjusting to Photoshop Elements 11 (upgrade from PSE9). It's all slowing me down, but if I do it right, it will be worth it in the end!

Just like me! Good Luck Wendy. When you do find something cool, make sure you share please ;) I think this is one of the reasons I haven't digi scrapped too much lately. It seems to take forever to find what I want to do and then figure out how to do it. There is definitely some adjustments to make with this new version.

Motherload 06-06-2013 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi ladies. This has nothing to do with scrapbooking (although you can be sure I'll scrapbook it when I get the photos developed), but I have to share some great news. I need to give a shout out to my eldest son, Adrian (see the attachment). He graduated 5th grade today and was one of only six kids in his school to receive the Presidential Award for Educational Achievement. The folder he's holding contains his award and a letter from President Obama congratulating him on his achievement. What makes this so amazing is that Adrian has a speech delay and had so much trouble learning that he's been in a Special Ed. class since first grade. When you consider how hard Adrian has had to work to keep up with the other kids, this is a tribute to his tenacity and great work ethic. Way to go, Adrian!!!

smadson 06-06-2013 11:08 AM

Congratulations to both of you! You must be so proud. What a wonderful accomplishment. And we will expect a scrap page. :)

sewflake 06-06-2013 02:04 PM

Tanya, I took a quick glance at your pages. I will be back to a closer look and comments, as soon as I finish my pages for Cheryl's sketch. I have been having a tendency to focus sooo much on what everyone else has done then can't seem to come up with something on my own. Maybe I'm the only one that does that, but I have been trying to avoid looking at submissions till I am done.

wendella247 06-06-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherload (Post 20193151)
Hi ladies. This has nothing to do with scrapbooking (although you can be sure I'll scrapbook it when I get the photos developed), but I have to share some great news. I need to give a shout out to my eldest son, Adrian (see the attachment). He graduated 5th grade today and was one of only six kids in his school to receive the Presidential Award for Educational Achievement. The folder he's holding contains his award and a letter from President Obama congratulating him on his achievement. What makes this so amazing is that Adrian has a speech delay and had so much trouble learning that he's been in a Special Ed. class since first grade. When you consider how hard Adrian has had to work to keep up with the other kids, this is a tribute to his tenacity and great work ethic. Way to go, Adrian!!!

I know how proud you must feel, Cheryl! What an accomplishment for Adrian, and for you, as a parent. Congratulations to Adrian and his parents too!

wendella247 06-06-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 20192414)
Just like me! Good Luck Wendy. When you do find something cool, make sure you share please ;) I think this is one of the reasons I haven't digi scrapped too much lately. It seems to take forever to find what I want to do and then figure out how to do it. There is definitely some adjustments to make with this new version.

Haven't found anything to mention in PSE11 yet, but I did find a free font management program that I love. It's called NexusFont. You can tag fonts (i.e., script, cute, bold, grunge, etc., etc...whatever you want) and with one click, find just the type of fonts I want to look at. Once I view and decide, I go back to PSE (switch screen) and select that font in PSE. I'm still tagging, so not done yet, but it's helping me cull out similar fonts. I had so many fonts before, it took me forever to scroll through them for a page. I think this is gonna be a great time saver! :D

eeddmm 06-06-2013 05:50 PM

How Awesome Cheryl...tell him congratulations from me too!

Wendy...thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out. I had a lot of fonts in PSE7 but when I changed programs, I changed computers too and never updated the fonts so I don't have too many more than what came with the program basically.

3Fries 06-06-2013 07:41 PM

I am in beyond swamped mode with work right now, realized that I didn't even check in here for the beginning of the month! I'm pretty sure I didn't meet my May goal, and since I know I'm too busynim not going to set a goal for June. I will take some photos though :). I have a good friend getting married at the end of June, and I've promised to gift her with 60 thank you cards, so that will be my project goal for the month!

I hope all are well around here :). I'm looking forward to life slowing down a bit...though it rarely does in summer!

Lmn 06-06-2013 08:28 PM

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Fries (Post 20193830)
I am in beyond swamped mode with work right now, realized that I didn't even check in here for the beginning of the month! I'm pretty sure I didn't meet my May goal, and since I know I'm too busynim not going to set a goal for June. I will take some photos though :). I have a good friend getting married at the end of June, and I've promised to gift her with 60 thank you cards, so that will be my project goal for the month!

I hope all are well around here :). I'm looking forward to life slowing down a bit...though it rarely does in summer!

I can SO relate to "beyond swamped mode" ... I am getting frustrated because it seems like lately I always have something "pressing" I don't have down time to just feel creative and Scrap, LOL! :o

I did get some pictures ordered today but even that was cut short and I only ordered half ... at least it's a step in the right direction. I really do plan to scrap during this weekend

Lmn 06-06-2013 08:29 PM

WooHoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20193217)
Congratulations to both of you! You must be so proud. What a wonderful accomplishment. And we will expect a scrap page. :)

Cheryl, what a great moment for you and DS! :D That's so awesome

wendella247 06-06-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmm (Post 20193703)
How Awesome Cheryl...tell him congratulations from me too!

Wendy...thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out. I had a lot of fonts in PSE7 but when I changed programs, I changed computers too and never updated the fonts so I don't have too many more than what came with the program basically.

I changed computers too, but still have the old one hooked up and in my work area, so I can go back to it and copy stuff to my external HD and move it to the new one. I did that with styles and brushes too. I'd be lost without my special fonts! :)

wendella247 06-06-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Fries (Post 20193830)

60 cards--a true labor of love!

So many of us have been missing from here for a while. I'm starting to get back in the groove a little. Hang in there, Terri!

wendella247 06-06-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20191855)
My latest page

A Thousand Words

Sadly I can't get my DGD to do any crafting now. She would rather read, which isn't a bad thing.

Cheryl, I have my photos and some embellishments laid out for your sketch challenge. I have one more scrap page that just need a little journaling then I will be ready to start with that sketch.

-------------

Yes, Sharon, reading is definitely a good thing! Can't complain much about that! ;) How old is your DGD? My 7-yr-old DGD was over the other day and I was amazed at how well she's reading after just completing 1st grade. Her folks have a rule that she has to read a minimum of 20 mins. a day and she adheres to the rule as much as possible. I'm a firm believer that if a child learns to read and comprehend it, they can do most anything in life!

sewflake 06-07-2013 07:07 AM

Cheryl, how wonderful for Adrian, we all give him a shout out! Yea Adrian.
It does your heart proud to0, to see what he has accomplished.

sewflake 06-07-2013 07:18 AM

Terri, I would think 60 thank you cards is quite a goal for June. Talk about a labor of love, for sure. I helped make wedding announcements for a friend and coworker. Once was enough for me...... mostly because I thought I could have/should have done a better job.

wendella247 06-07-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflake (Post 20194370)
Terri, I would think 60 thank you cards is quite a goal for June. Talk about a labor of love, for sure. I helped make wedding announcements for a friend and coworker. Once was enough for me...... mostly because I thought I could have/should have done a better job.

You were probably harder on yourself than your friend! We're our own worst critics. But, any project in quantity can turn into a monster!

daizees 06-07-2013 01:10 PM

haha, Sharon I agree 100% with your comment - everything SHOULD be five cents!! that would make every thing a lot easier, haha!

Great job to Adrian, Cheryl!!

eeddmm 06-07-2013 04:47 PM

I've been putting off making the invitations to a 4th of July picnic I'm hosting for family (on the 6th). Haven't really initiated my new outdoor kitchen/patio yet so this year is the year. Less than 20 to make but might end up being close to 50 people if they would all come! This weekend I have to make them so I can mail them out to give time to RSVP. I haven't had a big get together in about 4 years now and with working full time again, it's gonna take a bit to get everything made and the house cleaned good! 29 days and counting :) So for June I won't be able to set a goal either....

sewflake 06-08-2013 07:35 AM

I completed an old old :oops: layout with a couple of Silhouette cut files. The second one is using the EMS sketch from Cheryl's blog.

Be Hoppy

Funny Face

smokiesgal 06-08-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherload (Post 20193151)

Awesome news! You have very good reason to be so proud. :p

smokiesgal 06-08-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247 (Post 20193874)
60 cards--a true labor of love!

Ditto on that!

eeddmm 06-08-2013 05:05 PM

OK! Yea! Took all day but I finally got 16 invitations completed, envelopes addressed and ready to be mailed on Monday. Even had DGS help with punching and stickers.

Holiday Party Invitation

These are the first cards I've made since last November not counting the 25 Valentine "watches" we made for DGS' class

Now I've got to make a graduation card, some Father's Day cards and should make quite a few birthday cards while I've got all the "stuff" out.

And I've got Cheryl's sketch laying on my table too which I've been thinking of ideas when I was going through old supplies...maybe...just maybe :)

daizees 06-08-2013 08:33 PM

I got another double layout done last night, except the journaling, lol. I'll have most of it on my blog Monday, but I've uploaded it here...and that puts me at SIX for the month! WHOOOO!

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2381984?&cat=500&ppuser=186073"]Photos & Paper[/URL]

sewflake 06-09-2013 08:54 AM

Tanya, the link above did not take me to your page, said server not found. I did go to the gallery for June and left a little love.

What a rainy rainy day!! I think I will spend the rest of the day catching up on journaling on layout that need to find their permanent home in albums.

princessp1971 06-09-2013 02:30 PM

Welcome Dell and Alicaz!

princessp1971 06-09-2013 02:40 PM

Hi ladies this is not about scrapbooking at all but I have come to think of all of you as friends. So I am asking for your thoughts and prayers. My father is very ill and is being tested for 2 different types of cancer we should know something by the end of next week. They think he may have the same type of cancer my mom had. I will let you know when I can as I will be spending most if my time up north with him. My sisters and I plan on taking turns as the doctors do not want him alone at all. Please remember him in your prayers. Patti

sewflake 06-09-2013 04:17 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

Sharon

smokiesgal 06-09-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizees (Post 20196949)
I got another double layout done last night, except the journaling, lol. I'll have most of it on my blog Monday, but I've uploaded it here...and that puts me at SIX for the month! WHOOOO!

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2381984?&cat=500&ppuser=186073"]Photos & Paper[/URL]

Congrats Tanya!!! Great job.

smokiesgal 06-09-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 20197816)
Hi ladies this is not about scrapbooking at all but I have come to think of all of you as friends. So I am asking for your thoughts and prayers. My father is very ill and is being tested for 2 different types of cancer we should know something by the end of next week. They think he may have the same type of cancer my mom had. I will let you know when I can as I will be spending most if my time up north with him. My sisters and I plan on taking turns as the doctors do not want him alone at all. Please remember him in your prayers. Patti

Patti,
Prayers going up for you and your family during this difficult time. HUGS!!

smadson 06-09-2013 05:22 PM

Patti , my prayers are with you. My sis and I are going thru a similar situation with Mom.
Scrapping and stamping and SCS are my get away. :)

Lmn 06-09-2013 06:56 PM

Thinking of You

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971 (Post 20197816)

Patti, we're definitely your friends and will be praying and sending {{positive thoughts}} to you and your family for your Dad

Lmn 06-09-2013 07:01 PM

Finally ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 20193856)
.... I really do plan to scrap during this weekend

finally some creative time ... I was busy working on cards for an event I'm going to at the end of the month but I did get 2 pages done today ... :D

Easter

Corky's Memphis [*this is a scraplift from Sharon (sewflake)* ]

KAcopan 06-09-2013 08:40 PM

got nothing done in may. too much going on i think. This month I will keep my goal of 3.

hsmom69 06-10-2013 06:39 PM

Hi ladies! I really need to get caught up on my grandson's scrapbook before the new grandbaby arrives in December, (yay!) so I thought joining a challenge would help keep me motivated. As soon as I found out my daughter was pregnant a month and a half ago, I started scrapping again. I believe I've done 12-14 pgs. He'll be 3 in November and I want to be caught up by then. I just started his 2nd yr album so I've got a ways to go. ;)

My June goal will be 12 pages. I hope to do more, but my daughter and son in law will be visiting for a week this month.

smadson 06-10-2013 07:54 PM

Welcome Lisa! Congratulations on upcoming new grandbaby. :) Sounds like a great start already on your scrapping.

:)

papertrail 06-11-2013 04:21 AM

I think I better set my goal for June at 5.... I have family coming into town, will be out of town for my son's weekend lacrosse tournament, and then at the beach for a week for my other son's baseball World Series. But... I should have some great photos to scrap in July! :)

hsmom69 06-11-2013 04:32 AM

Thank you Sharon! I'm excited to be scrapping again!