Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #81  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by eelsView Post
Wow, I must be the only one with RED.....black stone benchtops, white walls and red everything else!
Pic on my blog here
I realize you posted this a while ago, but Im new to SCC and just wanted to say
Wow I love red and I love your room! Im green with envy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessBaachView Post
I have a closet area in the den. Its actually two closets but its hard to explain. I painted one in Marina Mist and one in Bashful Blue. I brought my SU color coach to Lowe's and they matched the paint to my paper
I am going to try this.......we just signed a contract on a house today and the room I will probably use for crafts is in the basement, has no window and right now is a dark piney green--we are talking unrelieved......so I am leaning toward a light color and I love blue,,,,I have red tins and buckets in my present craft area and would probably continue to accent with red. the room is carpeted with a light sandy sort of color and I probably will have to keep it though I would love to replace the carpet with tile.
I am definately going to take the color coach to Home Depot (no lowes here) and see if they can create a paint for me.....one that can go on over the KILLZ which it will probably take two or three coats of that before any other paint can go on.
Also would entertain ideas on creating fake windows......Dh and I are amature photographers and have some photos that I could blowup to poster size and make it look like a scene outside a window......anyone ever tried that????? tips would be appreciated.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I really want to paint my room! I've been looking at paint colors a lot for my mom's new house and it's making me jealous! After we paint the whole thing though I might NOT want to paint my room, lol!

I just don't know what color I want. I saw a cool pic on here though of a closet that was painted all pretty and had punches hanging in it and stuff. I need to do that since I'm out of wall space and my punches multiply faster than rabbits:-) I'm going to paint the closet first since it's small and will be "easy". I think I want to do a light shade of blue or a blue gray. Right now it's a hideous mustard yellow from the 70's I'm sure! But I think it will look super pretty to have a contrasting shade in the closet!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #84  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

Right now I am leaning toward the new IN COLOR called Pool party for my room....with lots of white trim and red accents. Also going to buy one of the chrome colored racks from Sams that will fit in the closet and put my 40 paper trays on it along with some other things........The closet is huge (to me) and I am going to be able to have lots of items shelved and easily accessible that currently are tucked away in opaque plastic storage and I forget about them. My punch collection may even be organized in a new way....not sure yet as I have a mixture of lever action SU, MS and EK Success plus lots of the new style lockable ones. We found out today that we will probably be able to close about 10 days earlier than we thought and I am really becoming excited about this move.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #85  
Polyshrink Goddess

Mine is a warm egg yolk yellow colour, when we move house I want it a nice shell pink colour though......and white cupboards, then I will try and get lots of pink stuff to go with it all:O)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #86  
Embossing Fanatic

My room (in the basement) was a bright turquoise blue with white jetmax cubes and espresso furniture and turquoise accents. My son who is in college is now taking that room as his room so he can have a little studio apt (finished basement is huge!) He actually finished the painting for me and says he"s okay with the color but now I'm taking his room and have to figure out a color to pain that as he has gray and navy in his room, definitely not me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #87  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dderbiniView Post
My room (in the basement) was a bright turquoise blue with white jetmax cubes and espresso furniture and turquoise accents. My son who is in college is now taking that room as his room so he can have a little studio apt (finished basement is huge!) He actually finished the painting for me and says he"s okay with the color but now I'm taking his room and have to figure out a color to pain that as he has gray and navy in his room, definitely not me.
I love turquoise with lime green and white. Perhaps a shade similar to the retired SU color Gable Green would work for the walls (I always considered it a nice "washed out" pale lime and think it looks great w/turquoise). A bright lime green would probably be too intense.
Reply With Quote Likes